Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Oh jesus. Oh that poor woman. If MTG says one loving word to her...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Oracle posted:

Oh jesus. Oh that poor woman. If MTG says one loving word to her...

I clicked through but am not finding any context - what happened?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Zarin posted:

I clicked through but am not finding any context - what happened?

Her office in the Capitol is right across from MTG's, she's gotten into poo poo with her before. Including pissing her off by putting a trans pride flag outside her door.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Neo_Crimson posted:

Her office in the Capitol is right across from MTG's, she's gotten into poo poo with her before. Including pissing her off by putting a trans pride flag outside her door.

She didn't do that to piss her off, she did it to show support for her trans daughter (and trans rights in general), and Greene countered by putting up an anti-trans sign, knowing she had a trans daughter. Shes' a loving pig and a ghoul and is absolutely going to attempt to stir poo poo and I hope someone knocks her teeth out.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Neo_Crimson posted:

Are you confusing Sean Casten and Marie Newman?

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

borkencode posted:

Are you confusing Sean Casten and Marie Newman?

No?

quote:

U.S.
Marjorie Taylor Greene slammed for hanging anti-trans sign outside office in escalation of debate over Equality Act

By Caitlin O'Kane

February 25, 2021 / 1:15 PM / CBS News

Two members of Congress have taken the debate over the Equality Act out of the House chamber and into the hallway outside of their offices. After Rep. Marie Newman placed a transgender pride flag outside of her office, which is across from Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene's, Greene put up an anti-trans sign outside of her own, sparking backlash.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
What would MTG say to Marie Newman about Sean Casten’s kid dying?

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Okay, I do remember that being in the news about the flag.

Is Sean Casten related to Marie Newman at all, though? It looks like it was Casten's daughter that died. (For all I know, they're related though)

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Zarin posted:

Okay, I do remember that being in the news about the flag.

Is Sean Casten related to Marie Newman at all, though? It looks like it was Casten's daughter that died. (For all I know, they're related though)

Oh, poo poo, I did. They are not related, they are running against each other though for the same House seat (they got redistricted to face off against each other).

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

borkencode posted:

What would MTG say to Marie Newman about Sean Casten’s kid dying?

Probably plenty, like she wished it was hers instead, because she's a sack of flies in a human suit. But I did conflate the two (in my defense they're running against each other and they keep mentioning them together in every news article).

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/jus10chi/status/1536710459771998208

:sickos:

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Good. He'd be good at it. God help us with who takes over for him, though. Juliana Stratton's kind of a ghost and the rest of the field is a big 'no, thank you.'

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

Ringo Star Get posted:

anyone have any thoughts on Rachel Ventura for state senate?

Been getting a lot of campaign mail from Eric Mattson bashing her for daring to ask the council she sat on to vote for a pay raise for everyone on it. So I'm probably going to vote for her (I also like her platform on prioritizing climate change).

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

JB and Fetterman ticket would be just two massive human beings and a guaranteed victory.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
JB is really short - 5'6“ at the most. Fetterman would make him look like a child.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Assuming Fetterman wins against Dr Oz, leaving a Senate seat in PA vacant for VP of all things seems extremely ill advised.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

The X-man cometh posted:

JB is really short - 5'6“ at the most. Fetterman would make him look like a child.

Together, they'd be able to cover the breadth and depth of any situation, I suspect.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Fetterman needs to prove he can live long enough to get elected.

I like JB as governor, which I can’t believe I’m saying, so I’d rather he not run for President.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

Fetterman needs to prove he can live long enough to get elected.

I like JB as governor, which I can’t believe I’m saying, so I’d rather he not run for President.

as I read this I can't imagine who would keep our state from completely going to poo poo right now if it wasn't JB, and not sure many names come to mind.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Ameya Pawar or Daniel Biss could have done a good job if JB just gave them his money instead of running himself.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

The X-man cometh posted:

Ameya Pawar or Daniel Biss could have done a good job if JB just gave them his money instead of running himself.

Maybe but they could’ve easily turned out to be another Pat Quinn.

Jows
May 8, 2002

Isn't Biss anti-union?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Jows posted:

Isn't Biss anti-union?

I don't think so. He was backed by pretty much every progressive group in the state. He did have the issue of dropping Carlos Rameriz-Rosa from the ticket because he supported the BDS movement (essentially pro-Palestine).

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Biss worked on Quinn's pension cuts with Madigan and Cullerton.

The unions used that as an excuse to line up with Pritzker even though he union busted.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.

I don't think so. He was backed by pretty much every progressive group in the state. He did have the issue of dropping Carlos Rameriz-Rosa from the ticket because he supported the BDS movement (essentially pro-Palestine).

He fumbled the poo poo out of this. Pawar seems pretty cool though.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Congratulations Cook County on having a non-lovely flag now.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I forgot the county had its own flag. The new one is good, but a little too close to the Chicago flag IMO.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I forgot the county had its own flag. The new one is good, but a little too close to the Chicago flag IMO.

This is evergreen about literally everything cook county

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Man, it is looking more like Bailey will win. Does Griffin come to support him like he is for Irvin or does Griffin hate Bailey that much for ruining his slate?

Also, I am still weary of the idea of Ds helping to get the worst people nominated on the R side. Dumb things happen and they can happen here too.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Also, I am still weary of the idea of Ds helping to get the worst people nominated on the R side. Dumb things happen and they can happen here too.

Sullivan hasn't won yet.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Niwrad posted:

JB and Fetterman ticket would be just two massive human beings and a guaranteed victory.

The vaunted, time-resistant Chris Christie electoral strategy...

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

This election cycle is reminding me just how incredibly annoying unsolicited political texts are.

gently caress. Off.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Does anyone have a progressive voting guide? Or some good endorsements? Have to fill out my ballot this weekend to mail in and don't really have a clue on some of the down-ballot races.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
Injustice watch for judges.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Trump is holding a rally on June 25th in Illinois. He will endorse Miller and possibly Bailey.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Trump is holding a rally on June 25th in Illinois. He will endorse Miller and possibly Bailey.

Any idea where?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Lammasu posted:

Any idea where?

Adams County. Around 15 minutes from Quincy at the fairgrounds.

https://capitolfax.com/2022/06/16/t..._medium=twitter

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

It was wasted money in the sense that Irvin isn't a threat to win.

Rs don't get to just chill in Chicago they actually have to interact with Central and Southern to have even a small chance of winning the state.
Rauner ruined that poo poo for them because he was such a uniquely bad politician that everyone in the state loving hated him even Republicans. I used to work as a courier for awhile and delivered to some really out of nowhere places. I was at some bar in Arcola and they were talking about hiring the Amish to drag the dude out of the state.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.

Big Black Dick posted:

This election cycle is reminding me just how incredibly annoying unsolicited political texts are.

gently caress. Off.

Its funny I got a lengthy text from one of the campaigns that linked to the Girl, I Guess voting guide, so apparently now that guide has enough juice that candidates are public about its endorsement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Girl I Guess got co-opted by the Cook County Dems. Her endorsements are almost identical to the party slate.