Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
I am still waiting for

quote:

Added the ability for players to auto-path to a specific location by pressing [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [L Click] on the overlay

It would simplify so many of the more mindless Una tasks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

RoboCicero posted:

I am still waiting for

This was never supposed to be in the notes and will never be added, it was purely a feature used for internal testing. Imagine how powerful this would be for botting and you can see why we would never get it.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Pathing is a solved problem for bots already, it's only human players who are in any way impeded by having to click on the ground.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

King of Bleh posted:

Pathing is a solved problem for bots already, it's only human players who are in any way impeded by having to click on the ground.

If you can’t even be bothered to click to move without it being ‘an impediment’ you should log off

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Ah yes, convenient time saving features are only for weak, impure gamers. Never improve anything.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Movement in this game is fine. :lmao:

Although it would be nice to have the auto move to location feature, even within a zone.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Pragmatica posted:

Movement in this game is fine.

*trips on two pixels of shrubbery*

movement in dungeons/raids is fine (mostly), movement in overworld zones is garbage. i’d kill for the waypoint feature from sailing and a mount that auto-presses your space bar.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
There was a recent bot banwave and apparently a lot of RMTer's were getting banned as well. According to the botting forum most RMTers that get caught gets banned for like 3 days but a lot of them were permabanned because of "witch hunting" according to them. Players report other players running around with +25 gear and all level 10 gems and amazon looks into it and they get permabanned. So now they're hiding in their strongholds and not leaving incase people report them.

Seems like amazon is doing something good. Hopefully they do this more often instead of letting the bots grow to massive numbers again.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Yeah, every time I go back to an npc to rapport in one of the older cities it's just wave after wave of bots.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Looks like the banwave is hitting the people who did RMT now. Also the price of gold -> blue crystals is dropping fast on NA:E

e: lmao

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 20, 2022

Khorne
May 1, 2002

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Looks like the banwave is hitting the people who did RMT now. Also the price of gold -> blue crystals is dropping fast on NA:E
Price of materials is dropping fast too. GHLs dipped below 80g today on NA east. I sold all of mine for 96g ea yesterday. I regret not selling the destruction & guardian stones I have laying around, it looks like guardian will tank to 8g or less over the next few days & destruction will probably go back down to 12-16.

Worried I am going to get screwed on tripod gear. I bought mine yesterday and only a few have sold so far. I have a few +4,+4 that I bought at ~20k that aren't moving despite there being nothing on the market.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jun 21, 2022

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

However this is interpreted, lol and lmao.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

SG is 100% on their update event and AGS isn't going to get anything until after this weekend

https://m-lostark.game.onstove.com/Promotion/Invite/220615

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Did....did Smilegate put the Amazon Lost Ark team on ignore? :stare:

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
It's most likely being used to mean there is something wrong with the upcoming patch that they have been unable to get fixed. It doesn't help that SG is working on multiple versions of the game at the same time, and obviously KR is going to take priority.

Just means I have more time to push more alts to 1430 before Vykas.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Zotix posted:

However this is interpreted, lol and lmao.

lol blocking is a project management term. blockers are the worst! basically, it’s anything (people, communication, bugs, or otherwise) not allowing the next step to progress in the project flow.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

literally the first definition of 'blocked' is 'impeding progress' this isn't advanced english

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
It was also made in a thread talking about communication between players, Smilegate and Amazon as a direct response to posters complaining about lackluster communication, so the context of that post makes it a bit confusing.

But yes, it probably "just" means that the release of Vykas update was and is blocked by some technical issue. For several weeks already. :v:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Zotix fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 21, 2022

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
https://forums.playlostark.com/t/regarding-the-june-update/417483

Update confirmed for the 30th, sounds like the issue is related to the new cosmetic system, maybe it's getting changes to not be loot boxes.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Also it seems that the wildwing event isn't going to get extended to the 30th. Meaning we'll be spending a week without an event. Its been awhile since we had no weekly honing material injections.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Velveteen posted:

Also it seems that the wildwing event isn't going to get extended to the 30th. Meaning we'll be spending a week without an event. Its been awhile since we had no weekly honing material injections.
They're going to send out a package of some kind to all players instead.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea

Roxx posted:

So, there will be some goodies coming everyone’s way. Can’t dive into it quite yet but I think players will appreciate them.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Useless fact for anyone doing Alakkir dailies. The eggs on the map become vulnerable when you kill a golden chicken nearby. Something do to while waiting for the event to spawn.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Hyper Inferno posted:

Useless fact for anyone doing Alakkir dailies. The eggs on the map become vulnerable when you kill a golden chicken nearby. Something do to while waiting for the event to spawn.

The mats you got for that are used as currency for Alakkir vendor that allows you to buy...... 3 T1 Destruction stones and 5 T1 Guardian stones. Once per day. :v:

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/team-update-yozsjar

1460 Stronghold Honing buff added

Yoz's Jar removed

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Definitely a solid update and compensation, IMHO. Someone, somewhere will definitely complain about something, but I'm pretty happy with it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah! This update is really good! The reward pack is awesome and will help a lot.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I felt like the reward pack was pretty underwhelming, 1k destruction and 2400 guardian is almost nothing. 15k shards is decent at least, but still barely makes a dent in the sheer number you need at 1415+.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

1k destruction is one honing attempt where I am

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'll take what I can get. Trying to get my second character to VM hard next week, while not hurting my gold stockpile for the hopeful grudge dip. Won't complain about any freebies.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cinara posted:

I felt like the reward pack was pretty underwhelming, 1k destruction and 2400 guardian is almost nothing. 15k shards is decent at least, but still barely makes a dent in the sheer number you need at 1415+.

Agreed. They definitely should've extended the event another week. :argh:

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
account/fraud updates coming:

https://forums.playlostark.com/t/an-update-to-fraud-prevention-in-lost-ark/419449

quote:

As we continue to improve and increase our protections against malicious actors and behaviors in Lost Ark, we are making adjustments to our tools and systems that prevent fraudulent purchases.

In March, we rolled out a fraud prevention system that requires players to have a ‘Trusted’ status through Steam or Lost Ark in order to access specific social and economic systems such as initiating player-to-player trades, sending in-game gifts and mail with attachments, and exchanging royal crystals for gold. In order to ensure we are continuing to keep legitimate players safe from the negative impacts of fraudulent purchases and the damaging effect this has on the player economy, starting today we are testing a roll out of additional measures that will require players that are not already ‘Trusted’ through Lost Ark (but have a ‘Trusted’ Steam account) to have two-factor authentication set up on their Steam account to earn Trusted status.

Two-factor authentication is a great way add an extra layer of security to protect your Steam and Lost Ark accounts, and we encourage all Arkesians to activate Steam’s Mobile Authenticator. To learn more about Steam’s two-factor authentication and how to set it up, please visit the Steam Support website. Please note it may take several hours for your account to become ‘Trusted’ after activating two-factor authentication for the first time.

This change will not immediately be active for all players; we are planning on applying this requirement to a small amount of players to start, and increasing this number over time. This will allow us to closely monitor the impacts of this new requirement to ensure legitimate players are not being locked out of gameplay systems. If you run into any difficulties or have feedback for our teams after experiencing these changes, please share your experience with us on the official forums.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Even small improvements are still improvements. This doesn't do much to prevent botting/rmt but it does help prevent credit card fraud which is always an issue on Steam.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I'm a little sad at the removal of Yoz's Jar because a) I really liked several of those skins even if it would have taken me a lot of in game gold to buy them and b) I spent a decent amount of gold stockpiling skins specifically for that reason anticipating I could make a profit off of the skins I didn't want and now am sitting on a bunch of headgear for classes I don't use while the market has collapsed for them too.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Hyper Inferno posted:

I'm a little sad at the removal of Yoz's Jar because a) I really liked several of those skins even if it would have taken me a lot of in game gold to buy them and b) I spent a decent amount of gold stockpiling skins specifically for that reason anticipating I could make a profit off of the skins I didn't want and now am sitting on a bunch of headgear for classes I don't use while the market has collapsed for them too.

I'm fairly sure they are not going to remove it forever. I assume they're going to come back without stats and without the RNG aspect of it. It'll probably be just a skin you can buy off the store for slightly more price. Its unfortunate that people may have hoarded cheap costumes waiting for the whole thing.

It will probably be a while before it comes back though. Skins come out so slow. People are desperate to spend money on them and its coming out almost as slow as the classes. Plus they purposely release the ugliest skins ever. I have yet to find a good one for my sorceress. I got the snow witch looking outfit only because I can't stand the default ugly green T3 dress.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

All of the launch skins for destroyer were garbo. You're right about that.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kixT8G0wWIc

Aeromancer looks good

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

There is also a collab coming.

Also a lot of new info translated from LOAN. https://www.reddit.com/r/lostarkgame/comments/vk8uw8/kr_loa_on_summer_update_contents/

The biggest change is tripods. For someone that makes a lot of money selling tripod gear this is going to suck! But its overall a good change because transferring tripods is so annoying to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I managed to craft my second piece of relic gear today. And I was curious how I would look without my snow witch looking skin on and wow. I'm glad I got a skin or I would've looked like some kind of pervert panty mage until I complete Vykas for the pants piece. That said, more skins please amazon.