Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I had no expectations but negative ones for the Blame! movie, but the 3DCG actually works for the setting and fits the art direction. It perfectly captures the atmosphere of the manga and is a neat little contained story that could be slotted in to any point of the journey from the manga. If you're a fan then you should watch it, and if you're not a fan then maybe the movie will get you interested in the manga.

alright. adding it to the pile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

a7m2 posted:

other than gits and psycho pass, what are some good cyberpunk anime? especially ones that show the low life and not just the high tech

I'm watching this 80s ova right now called bubblegum crisis. it's pretty fun cyberpunk stuff.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Mirello posted:

I'm watching this 80s ova right now called bubblegum crisis. it's pretty fun cyberpunk stuff.

Tonight, a hurricane.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
bike suits own

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Mirello posted:

never watched it but i love the name

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

MonsieurChoc posted:

Tonight, a hurricane.

Freaking love that song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an_0IIRDlc4

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL
a person assigned female at birth who later is a male producing spermatozoa is not cis. they are still trans.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

a person assigned female at birth who later is a male producing spermatozoa is not cis. they are still trans.

I produce sherms now

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

lmao can’t wait to see Macross Frontier tonight with all my pals

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
20 years later and i still have this dumb DJ dub dialogue committed to memory

https://youtu.be/7MXsvfAAVr8

the most faboo cut in the universe

dont listen to the english rendition

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Baburugamu Kuraishisu

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I think Gundam ZZ's Anime Ja Nai is very powerful because even though it says it is not an anime, it actually is.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

all ive seen of ZZ is bright shanghaiing a bunch of teens into service, and then i remember ZZ sucks and skip to 0080

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://twitter.com/trigun_anime/status/1537631122774863873?s=20&t=cZBNn8-xyi4YCoE6V4pVTg

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Popy posted:

all ive seen of ZZ is bright shanghaiing a bunch of teens into service, and then i remember ZZ sucks and skip to 0080

ZZ is only good when they're on Earth

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

This is awesome. hope vash's voice comes back.

I tried to read the manga but it has to be one of the most confusingly drawn things I've ever read. I was reading parts that I'd already seen in the anime and still couldn't make heads or tails of what was going on.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

I have such vague memories of Trigun - I only watched the dub on adult swim, a decade+ ago.

i remember downloading a clean edit of this song

https://youtu.be/SfO7N_IORSo

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

“Produced by Orange @cg_orange_inc , who has worked on high-quality CG animation that sets it apart.”

noooooo

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

love me some cg. the gundam in the new gundam movie looked like poo in CG maybe im getting old but man

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

a cyberpunk goose posted:

“Produced by Orange @cg_orange_inc , who has worked on high-quality CG animation that sets it apart.”

noooooo

Orange rules tho

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Orange did Land of the Lustrous. They're one of the few studios that have elevated CG anime into an advanced art form in its own right.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Orange did Land of the Lustrous. They're one of the few studios that have elevated CG anime into an advanced art form in its own right.

That show definitely did cg well and uniquely.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Speaking of cg, what I want is more dorohedoro anime

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 357 days!

Popy posted:

I rewatched ZZ a few months ago and liked it alot better than when I first watched it years ago, right off the heels of Zeta; the levity was nice and the mech designs are great (outside of the ZZ itself, which I hate)

I could fix Chara Soon

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Fantastic names in the new Gundam

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
where's Dwight Rortugal

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

I’d believe that at least one of those is a witch from Mercury

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I love Gundam names

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Gripweed posted:

Fantastic names in the new Gundam

Showing up at the GSA and these are all the enbies

The white space is for you, dear reader

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Srice posted:

Orange rules tho

buncha cg apologists!!

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Lane Aim

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

I don't think anime is prepared for a character as Italian as Shaddiq Zenelli

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Overall happy to see this, though Badlands Rumble was at letdown and a beat-for-beat ripoff of the Cowboy Bebop movie that still has me confused why it was so blatant.

In a new movie made years after the beloved series ended, set in-between episodes of the series: A new antagonist has everyone after him because of a huge bounty, including a particularly obsessed young woman, MC gets shot and seriously wounded, falling from a moving vehicle in a dramatic and serious scene, but survives and defeats him in a rematch where said antagonist tearfully reveals his secret connection to the obsessed young woman.

They've shown these together in double features, must be repetitive.

Knight has issued a correction as of 18:54 on Jun 17, 2022

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

TRIGUN BROTHERHOOD LET'S loving GOOOOOOOOOOOO

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Knight posted:

Overall happy to see this, though Badlands Rumble was at letdown and a beat-for-beat ripoff of the Cowboy Bebop movie that still has me confused why it was so blatant.

In a new movie made years after the beloved series ended, set in-between episodes of the series: A new antagonist has everyone after him because of a huge bounty, including a particularly obsessed young woman, MC gets shot and seriously wounded, falling from a moving vehicle in a dramatic and serious scene, but survives and defeats him in a rematch where said antagonist tearfully reveals his secret connection to the obsessed young woman.

They've shown these together in double features, must be repetitive.
both movies are good and you're just mean

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

net work error posted:

I love Gundam names

im playing in a gundam-skinned Lancer campaign and coming up with gundam names is half the fun

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I don't think anime is prepared for a character as Italian as Shaddiq Zenelli

He and Guel are going to have an incredibly flirtatious love-hate relationship that will set the doujin industry aflame. Okouchi wrote Sk8 The Infinity. Don't tell me he won't go there.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Just watched Heike Monogatari. Even knowing how it all ends the ending still got me all hosed up. Science Saru can't miss as far as I'm concerned.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Just watched Heike Monogatari. Even knowing how it all ends the ending still got me all hosed up. Science Saru can't miss as far as I'm concerned.

That show was so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I felt like it was kind of mid for most of the run, but it's all building up to the two most emotional parts of the original epic, which of course are at the end.