Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Raised by Wolves also seems to have been the victim of that merger and the subsequent housecleaning, which Severance S2 obviously won’t have to deal with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
https://www.avclub.com/hbo-max-renews-hacks-season-3-jean-smart-1849071340

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

\:kiddo:/ Yes! That's great news.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HELL YEAH

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Hacks is very good but the last episode of season 2 would have been a fine finale so I'm conflicted.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I guess I just assumed it was renewed for some reason but yea that show is good thanks thread for the rec

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

david_a posted:

I really hope Severance doesn’t pull a Raised By Wolves in S2 and goes so hard that it loses the audience, leading to an early cancellation. Although it also feels like a show that will get worse and worse the longer it lasts.

The first season of Severance feels like a season cut in half, so I don't think we need to worry about that until season 3. (if there even is one).

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Hacks is very good but the last episode of season 2 would have been a fine finale so I'm conflicted.

Apparently they have a plan that involved the end of season 2 being the halfway point of the story they want to tell, but they wrote it in a way that it could be the series finale if they need it to be.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Has anyone else watched True Detective season 4, aka Under the Banner of Heaven??

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'm midway through the second to last episode, it's been a heck of an experience.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I'm midway through the second to last episode, it's been a heck of an experience.

How does it stack up against the 3 TD seasons?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Yeah I really liked it. It's pretty liberal with the "based on a true story" label (the book is based on interviews with the killers, Garfield's character is made up). But man, crazy hosed up religious stories are my heroin

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Do not speak of the 3 true detective seasons as though they are one show. There was True Detective season 1, aka the best season of television ever made… True Detective season 2, a dumpster fire… and True Detective season 3, a somewhat decent show.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Jeb and Bill are definitely a TD worthy crime solving team.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

How does it stack up against the 3 TD seasons?

Better than season 2, about the same as season 3

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
There's a good deal wrong with S2 but it also vibed with me. There was really no hope to be found in that awful, sleazy world. It was suffocating.

The mayor character was awful, with some of the worst drunk acting I've ever seen. He had way too many scenes.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

RCarr posted:

Do not speak of the 3 true detective seasons as though they are one show. There was True Detective season 1, aka the best season of television ever made… True Detective season 2, a dumpster fire… and True Detective season 3, a somewhat decent show.

TD S2 is one of those things that seemed fine at first and then the second half is so bad that I can't even remember what I liked about it in the first place

The scene where hes uploading a goodbye message to his fat ginger son then it stalls out at 98% and doesn't send almost felt like a parody of lovely grimdark television shows

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

True detective season 1 was stylish as hell with a great cast, but I wouldn't put it anywhere near one of the best seasons of TV ever.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

The only episode of S2 TD I like or remember was when they went into some drug or party house. It was at least stylishly shot.

And of course the brass knuckles scene which is its own thing.

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day
There’s a scene in one of the first few episodes of TD s2 where Vince Vaughn says the word “apoplectic” and that’s when I checked out on both him and the show. S1 is definitely an all time best for me.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i loved TD season 2 as much as 1, but it was hella different and i understand anyone who doesn't like it

3 was real good too. guess i gotta cancel netflix and resub to HBOmax.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I never watched 3 but 2 was definitely a vibe. Yes 1 was better I'm not saying that, I liked the Vernon setting a lot

watching banner of heaven now. drat this family is creepy

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I actually like season 2 of TD, but I still say Under the Banner is better. And I'm specifically saying Under the Banner is a better season of True Detective, it fits the mold better.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

https://twitter.com/nathanfielder/status/1537827660595974144?s=20&t=zG99OT-VqJD57ghYP27z4g

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

here's the teaser and i just, i can't. gonna be a LONG month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnJh4o8iwx0

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
That dude is my kind of weird

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh my god

Nathan for You is one of my favorite shows of all time. I've been dying for him to do something new

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
Yeah Nathan Fielder is great, Nathan for You is one of the funniest shows of all time IMO. And he was actually good at coming up with ideas that actually worked too, Dumb Starbucks was amazing

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
What's the clip again where someone says something so shocking that causes Nathan to kind of break character?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Probably the piss drinking one.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Tagichatn posted:

Probably the piss drinking one.

That's it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vbCKava_JE

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Hirsute posted:

Yeah Nathan Fielder is great, Nathan for You is one of the funniest shows of all time IMO. And he was actually good at coming up with ideas that actually worked too, Dumb Starbucks was amazing

The ghost realtor episode is one of the greatest things ever recorded, Nathan's reactions couldn't be more perfect

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

Papercut posted:

The ghost realtor episode is one of the greatest things ever recorded, Nathan's reactions couldn't be more perfect

Lol yeah I love the look he gives when that lady casually drops that a ghost choked her in Switzerland once, like a hungry falcon swooping in for a perfect kill

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Papercut posted:

Yeah it’d be hard to pick the best bit from that show but that’s a real contender

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Nathan for you came out at the same time as Andy dalys Review so I just want to give it an honorable mention as a funny show I enjoyed and kinda associate with Nathan’s show

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
Yeah Review is also amazing, just off the top of my head the pancake episode and outer space episode are perfect

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

The Ghost Realtor episode is the best and has so many amazing parts, but the gas station dude talking about drinking his grandson's piss is the high point of the series. You think the episode's over, but wait, here's this completely bizarre out of left field moment to cap it all off.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Is hbo outta new movies this year?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Upsidads posted:

Is hbo outta new movies this year?

They've put up stuff, but it's been all garbage lately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋