Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

snorch posted:

Seriously though what's this luttig guy's deal? The pauses when he speaks render him borderline incomprehensible.

Some sort of medical condition maybe? I didn't want to complain too much because of that but it legit makes him very difficult to follow because my brain doesn't stitch the words together into coherent phrases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Riptor posted:

sworn affidavit from a member of the proud boys who was an FBI confidential informant saying that their intent was to kill pence and pelosi

Was there a member of the proud boys who wasnt an fbi asset?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

BiggerBoat posted:

He's not going to be indicted.

Unless they have him on video and in writing saying "I don't' care if it's illegal, I don't care that biden actually won I'm going to do everything to hold onto this presidency even if it's against the law!" then he's not going to be indicted because "don't' want to set precedent"

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

mdemone posted:

There is no way this ends without Tump indicted.

It would be the most ridiculous embarrassment for everyone in both branches. gently caress gently caress function

Edit: I'm leaving it

Lol. The committee is actively refusing to help the DoJ.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

TulliusCicero posted:

God what a finale it would be if Trump actually testifies and just goes completely insane on the stand

It would be like Jack Nicholson's courtroom outburst from A Few Good Men, Martin Sheen grabbing the baby at the end of The Dead Zone, the mindblower sequence from Scanners, the monologue at the end of Network, and the laughing baby sun from the Teletubbies all rolled into one

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

mobby_6kl posted:

Some sort of medical condition maybe? I didn't want to complain too much because of that but it legit makes him very difficult to follow because my brain doesn't stitch the words together into coherent phrases.

There's a recent frontline interview on a similar subject. He pauses but it's much more flowing and relaxed.

I think he's just a guy who doesn't want to misstate what he's thinking and stops to reformulate things when he hasn't fully worked out the idea. The weight of the subject and context just must have taken it to a bit of an extreme.

The way they came back to him makes it seem like they were expecting him to be the dramatic soundbite though, and I suspect they were disappointed.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

T.C. posted:

There's a recent frontline interview on a similar subject. He pauses but it's much more flowing and relaxed.

I think he's just a guy who doesn't want to misstate what he's thinking and stops to reformulate things when he hasn't fully worked out the idea. The weight of the subject and context just must have taken it to a bit of an extreme.

The guy is saying without hyperbole the former President of the United States is an active threat to democracy

You don't utter those words wrecklessly in front of Congress

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

TulliusCicero posted:

The guy is saying without hyperbole the former President of the United States is an active threat to democracy

For sure

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

TulliusCicero posted:

Unless your republican, then you bring up the heinous crimes of ex-president Hillary Clinton every other day.

She what? She wasn’t?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I know. This is SA. Any earnest suggestion of consequences will be rejected as hopelessly naive and the language used will comport with most discourse on this site: shitposting, sarcasm, and weak attempts to be edgy. Some posters are excellent at sick burns. I am not and never have been. But I get the cynicism, I really, really do!

Thanks to the doctrine of willful blindness, it is irrelevant Trump says he believed the big lie.

Merrick Garland's DOJ absolutely will charge Trump with seditious conspiracy because that is the groundwork they have laid with Trump's footsoldiers. Also, The GA GJ will be recommending charges as well.

Not only that, but the GOP legislators who conspired and lied will be dealt with as well.

For all of you who have no faith, I will have it for you. When I am wrong you won't need to worry about my feelings because I will probably check the gently caress out of participation in this doomed freakshow on Earth. In the meantime, pay very close attention and ask yourself if the evil powers that be are really willing to let this *ongoing* Coup go down without nuking the POTUS who prosecuted it.

DJT started a war against the United States government. I expect him to get real traitor treatment.

Danger posted:

Lol. The committee is actively refusing to help the DoJ.
This is untrue. The charges against the Proud Boys and the timing of them actually suggest cooperation between the DOJ and the House Cmte. and in previous posts I have outlined why the DOJ permitted the J6 Cmte. to "go first." DOJ will get everything from the committee and nothing Thompson has said indicates otherwise. Blame bad reporting.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jun 16, 2022

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Dr. Faustus posted:

I know. This is SA. Any earnest suggestion of consequences will be rejected as hopelessly naive and the language used will comport with most discourse on this site: shitposting, sarcasm, and weak attempts to be edgy. Some posters are excellent at sick burns. I am and never have been. But I get the cynicism, I really, really do!

Thanks to the doctrine of willful blindness, it is irrelevant Trump says he believed the big lie.

Merrick Garland's DOJ absolutely will charge Trump with seditious conspiracy because that is the groundwork they have laid with Trump's footsoldiers. Also, The GA GJ will be recommending charges as well.

Not only that, but the GOP legislators who conspired and lied will be dealt with as well.

For all of you who have no faith, I will have it for you. When I am wrong you won't need to worry about my feelings because I will probably check the gently caress out of participation in this doomed freakshow on Earth. In the meantime, pay very close attention and ask yourself if the evil powers that be are really willing to let this *ongoing* Coup go down without nuking the POTUS who prosecuted it.

DJT started a war against the United States government. I expect him to get real traitor treatment.

I sure hope you are right. Many of us have been disappointed so many times we dare not get our hopes up too easily.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
God drat that judge who....talks....real...............slow.........is reminding me of a couple of movie scenes or SImpsons episodes I've seen but my brain can't seem to pull them up.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TulliusCicero posted:

Yes you do, haven't you seen the amount of reckless stuff happening around these dudes?

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

God drat that judge who....talks....real...............slow.........is reminding me of a couple of movie scenes or SImpsons episodes I've seen but my brain can't seem to pull them up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA35An0mMOY

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

BiggerBoat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRIHLq7OrFg

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Keisari posted:

I sure hope you are right. Many of us have been disappointed so many times we dare not get our hopes up too easily.

I sincerely doubt it because it would mean that political appointees and politicians can be held legally responsible for their actions while in and using their office.

Politicians do not want that to happen no matter what they espouse.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TulliusCicero posted:

Many politicians say it constantly about the active president if they're on the opposite team.

Cranappleberry posted:

I sincerely doubt it because it would mean that political appointees and politicians can be held legally responsible for their actions while in and using their office.

Politicians do not want that to happen no matter what they espouse.

Trump will likely get at most a slap on the wrist. Standard procedure in these cases is for the culprit to quietly vanish into some extremely cushy consulting job and live the rest of their life in utter luxury, but that would involve shutting up so it's not really possible for Trump. He'll probably just be let go with some minor embarrassment and maybe a fine and will whine about it forever but not actually face real consequences.

I'd love to be wrong here though.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Dude actually emailed the vice president and said "let me ask you for one more violation"

mysedition.txt

The Angry Bum
Nov 10, 2005

Yinlock posted:

Many politicians say it constantly about the active president if they're on the opposite team.

Trump will likely get at most a slap on the wrist. Standard procedure in these cases is for the culprit to quietly vanish into some extremely cushy consulting job and live the rest of their life in utter luxury, but that would involve shutting up so it's not really possible for Trump. He'll probably just be let go with some minor embarrassment and maybe a fine and will whine about it forever but not actually face real consequences.

I'd love to be wrong here though.

You are wrong but for entirely different reasons. Because it won’t be Trump and his co-conspirators that will end up in the jail. The Democrats on that committee will.

Mid-terms are going to be a disaster for the Dems and once that happens, the Jan 6th committee will immediately turn into the Stolen Election of 2020 committee. Trump wants revenge badly and when 2024 rolls around and retakes the White House, the sights will be set on anyone that dared speak against him.

America wants that kind of circus, as long as the gas prices go back down. They don’t want to see this Democratic congress do anything except try to control insane inflation and head off any recession. But they will tune in if Hillary and Obama get criminally charged and have to face fixed court.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
https://twitter.com/petestrzok/status/1536809998902251520

the justice department seems to be a bit behind on things

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Dr. Faustus posted:

Then they're going to have to give the real traitor treatment to at least half the Republican party, as they are still aiding and abetting him.

The Republican party is as much a threat to democracy as Donald Trump is, if not more, since they can do plenty of damage without him; all he can do is whine and send emails right now.

I'm am not sure if the democrats are up to that. I fear they are not.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Nah, those weren't the Simpsons ones and I think it was like a National Lampoon or a Mike Judge movie. If it gets a fresh birth in my stupid brain I'll post what I'm thinking about because it's driving me crazy.

Also, I'm getting worked up listening to and reading Trump's stupid self serving bullshit all over again and dreading him being elected in two years, which I think right now is a lock. If there's any bright side at all to a Biden victory, and I have my doubts that there are any, it's not having to hear or read Donald's immature petulance 24/7 like some kid that always calls pass interference who claims he wasn't down or touched in a game of two hand touch football.

The Angry Bum posted:

You are wrong but for entirely different reasons. Because it won’t be Trump and his co-conspirators that will end up in the jail. The Democrats on that committee will.

Mid-terms are going to be a disaster for the Dems and once that happens, the Jan 6th committee will immediately turn into the Stolen Election of 2020 committee. Trump wants revenge badly and when 2024 rolls around and retakes the White House, the sights will be set on anyone that dared speak against him.

America wants that kind of circus, as long as the gas prices go back down. They don’t want to see this Democratic congress do anything except try to control insane inflation and head off any recession. But they will tune in if Hillary and Obama get criminally charged and have to face fixed court.

This is by far the most likely outcome here. Trump is never going to be indicted, let alone arrested, and anyone who thinks it's possible really doesn't understand politics, I'm sorry.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jun 16, 2022

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TulliusCicero posted:

The Proud Boys should be declared a terrorist organization like, today

On top of that, Gavin McInnes should be deported for founding and running the Proud Boys

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Meatball posted:

Then they're going to have to give the real traitor treatment to at least half the Republican party, as they are still aiding and abetting him.
It won't be all of them, but most of them are finished until the successful coup, and then they will become leaders in the new Reich.

BiggerBoat posted:

Trump is never going to be indicted, let alone arrested, and anyone who thinks it's possible really doesn't understand politics, I'm sorry.
I'm confident this is incorrect.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

BiggerBoat posted:

Night Court?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A78DhtH544

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

https://twitter.com/petestrzok/status/1536809998902251520

the justice department seems to be a bit behind on things

lol that was the dude who got caught with naughty texts

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I dont think he will be indicted but I dont think he will be reelected. If your going to bitch 24/7 about the election being rigged its not great for your voter enthuisiasm.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Despera posted:

I dont think he will be indicted but I dont think he will be reelected. If your going to bitch 24/7 about the election being rigged its not great for your voter enthuisiasm.

Nah it's fine. When the other side wins it's rigged, when yours does it's legit. Bing bang boom.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Also Hillary or Obama going to trial? Ask the "lock her up " crowd how that went

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Despera posted:

i think he probably loses, he is too poisonous to moderates and fence party types and would light a fire and scare progressives and liberals. etc. i do think he might be indited but who knows. biden will probably be impeached like 30 loving times over made up poo poo and that might actually give him a shot in the arm like it did for trump and clinton.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Despera posted:

Also Hillary or Obama going to trial? Ask the "lock her up " crowd how that went
The Clintons and Obama had the discretion to do their criming in hidden and esoteric ways Americans are too overwhelmed and beset to understand. The Benghazis, tan suits, Grey Poupon, Uranium One and But Her E-mails were nothingburgers. The Whitewater investigation ended up with an impeachment over blow-job related perjury.
Do not compare their crimes to Trump and his fuckstick enablers.

Trump is going to end up paying, and all of those GOP people who are outed as having asked for pardons or gave tours or had any other involvement in attempting to overthrow the government will be purged. It will be long and ugly and profoundly stupid but this is the outcome Trump himself signed up for when they decided to violate the Electoral Count Act, conspire with Nazis to interrupt the count and give time and cover to Pence, and eventually turning that mob on Pence himself when he didn't play along.

The point they are making on the news right now is an extension of what Mr. Jacob was saying. The END RESULT of this coup attempt was literally "Hope the SCOTUS refuses to take up the issue, and let the decision take place through public violence in the streets by denying the will of 78M voters. That was the BEST CASE scenario. Eastman is quoted saying, "Yes, that is going to happen, but we've shed blood before so we're doing it."
Another point, Eastman agreed to drop the plan one night, then the next day recanted and said, "We're gonna do it." That is because Trump was his client and Trump said gently caress you we are doing this.
That quotation:
"So now that the precedent has been set that the Electoral Count Act is not quite so sacrosanct as was previously claimed, I implore you to consider one more relatively minor violation and adjourn for 10 days to allow the legislatures to finish their investigations, as well as to allow a full forensic audit of the massive amount of illegal activity that has occurred here."

Trump is going down not because there is any loving integrity in the United States, guys, and that has never been my opinion.

Trump is going to pay because he did and is still doing this poo poo right out in the open and as much as they hate it the powers that be have to handle it. poo poo, who killed JFK and why? Keep telling me what will absolutely not happen and see how this country looks In 14 days from today. Or hell, even 7. It's not that he couped. It's that he couped so goddamned Trumpily. He's stupid as gently caress. The first hearing was just one week ago today. We are only three hearings in.

Trump Should Be Charged Over Jan. 6, Majority of Americans Think—Poll
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-tru...jofU2KKcud12K5k

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 17, 2022

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

The Clintons and Obama had the discretion to do their criming in hidden and esoteric ways Americans are too overwhelmed and beset to understand. The Benghazis, tan suits, Grey Poupon, Uranium One and But Her E-mails were nothingburgers. The Whitewater investigation ended up with an impeachment over blow-job related perjury.
Do not compare their crimes to Trump and his fuckstick enablers.

Trump is going to end up paying, and all of those GOP people who are outed as having asked for pardons or gave tours or had any other involvement in attempting to overthrow the government will be purged. It will be long and ugly and profoundly stupid but this is the outcome Trump himself signed up for when they decided to violate the Electoral Count Act, conspire with Nazis to interrupt the count and give time and cover to Pence, and eventually turning that mob on Pence himself when he didn't play along.

The point they are making on the news right now is an extension of what Mr. Jacob was saying. The END RESULT of this coup attempt was literally "Hope the SCOTUS refuses to take up the issue, and let the decision take place through public violence in the streets by denying the will of 78M voters. That was the BEST CASE scenario. Eastman is quoted saying, "Yes, that is going to happen, but we've shed blood before so we're doing it."
Another point, Eastman agreed to drop the plan one night, then the next day recanted and said, "We're gonna do it." That is because Trump was his client and Trump said gently caress you we are doing this.
That quotation:
"So now that the precedent has been set that the Electoral Count Act is not quite so sacrosanct as was previously claimed, I implore you to consider one more relatively minor violation and adjourn for 10 days to allow the legislatures to finish their investigations, as well as to allow a full forensic audit of the massive amount of illegal activity that has occurred here."

Trump is going down not because there is any loving integrity in the United States, guys, and that has never been my opinion.

Trump is going to pay because he did and is still doing this poo poo right out in the open and as much as they hate it the powers that be have to handle it. poo poo, who killed JFK and why? Keep telling me what will absolutely not happen and see how this country looks In 14 days from today. Or hell, even 7. It's not that he couped. It's that he couped so goddamned Trumpily. He's stupid as gently caress. The first hearing was just one week ago today. We are only three hearings in.

Trump Should Be Charged Over Jan. 6, Majority of Americans Think—Poll
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-tru...jofU2KKcud12K5k

Benghazi is a wild example because the state department an CIA were literally running guns to isis there. Expert damage control.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Watching it at the end of the day I was able to speed up some segments more than others. :catholic: I detected a speech impediment / old age coupled with the difficulties of precision that come with audible instead of written responses. That his first answer was a complete tautology that didn't answer the question makes me wonder about mental faculties (which could simply mean "out of his element" or "not yet warmed up"), but I was happy to see that everyone sat patiently. Those aren't the type of (legal) details that people get excited about though, well unless they're weirdos like me. At least they had someone very direct in contrast.

But imagine trump watching live having three heart attacks per minute waiting for Luttig's next words.

Thank you honor Luttig for helping us in our time of need. :patriot:

Jaxyon posted:

Nah it's fine. When the other side wins it's rigged, when yours does it's legit. Bing bang boom.
I hate sales/political messaging BS (because I don't understand people, why else?), but I expect them to turn a corner very soon: "Republicans are elected; others are positioned by (big tech, foreign interference, rigged equipment)". "Your popular elected Republicans are fighting tooth and nail against radical/socialist minority voices". Whereas previously it's been part of their discourse, I believe soon it will be their sole platform.

One other thing I noticed. So there's one site I know with whackamole forums that I can read without registering. (Well I say "can" in the public sense, though usually one page of insanity is enough to send me screaming, anyway...). Today they had nothing. "So what did Eastman do that was illegal?" was all they had. They had no defense of trump words or in/actions, and not scapegoating, they just had nothing better than "well Eastman can say whatever he wants (because free speech maybe :downs:").

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

BiggerBoat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_25Joznkh8

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Danger posted:

Benghazi is a wild example because the state department an CIA were literally running guns to isis there. Expert damage control.

You might want to provide a source for that. Also ISIS didn't even exist in Libya in 2012

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
So use that stolen $250M on the trump news network to spout your nonsense. But I guess you'd need 80% of it to fight off section 230 violations (if you had gotten your way on that). At least all commenters would be trump approved.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Charliegrs posted:

You might want to provide a source for that. Also ISIS didn't even exist in Libya in 2012

I thought the US was helping redirect weapons to forces in Syria, including ISIS linked groups.

This article discusses some of the issue.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-syria-heavy-weapons-jihadists-2012-10

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
lol wtf is this isis bullshit

Bel Shazar posted:

I thought the US was helping redirect weapons to forces in Syria, including ISIS linked groups.

This article discusses some of the issue.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-syria-heavy-weapons-jihadists-2012-10

1) did you even read this? it's an entirely speculative piece and not actually reporting. we also can answer this in hindsight because the presence of even a tiny fraction of those manpads would've shifted the course of that war... and they never showed up.

2) jihadist does not mean isis, wtf

3) us vetting of syrian groups ended up being overly strict if anything to the point that it hamstrung their efforts and us missile assistance was pretty much 100% in the form of TOWs, hence the million videos of TOWs being used in syria (and some number of milans)

4) this whole thing is doubly stupid because ISIS was not even meaningfully a thing in 2012 and they didn't become particularly relevant until 2014

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Apparently the slow speaking judge recently had a stroke so that explains that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

CommieGIR posted:

Apparently the slow speaking judge recently had a stroke so that explains that.

Do you have a source for that? I've not found anything other than speculation.