Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Chieves posted:

Gonna be cloud based for the Switch, I'm guessing, if Kingdom Hearts is anything to go by

This is the prequel, I think you mean Zack based :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh poo poo, I just looked and apparently the FFVII Remake engine is UE4. According to this, there are several UE4 games on Switch:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games#Unreal_Engine_4

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
final fantasy 7 remake had some really bad and low resolution textures in some areas but they may have fixed that in a patch or for the PS5 and PC ports

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Og ff7 engine

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

final fantasy 7 remake had some really bad and low resolution textures in some areas but they may have fixed that in a patch or for the PS5 and PC ports

They did. The Door is fixed for example

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Inzombiac posted:

I need a rec:

I'd really like to play an ARPG but refuse to give Blizzard money. All the used copies of D3 around here are basically full price.

Any other ARPGs on the Switch worth checking out?

I've played through Torchlight 1&2 already.
If you're specifically looking for something to scratch a Diablo itch there's the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance remaster, and the second game's coming later this year.

Trials of Mana is good IMO, but it's nothing like Diablo.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Harrow posted:

thank you square

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Harrow posted:

Never forget

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Crisis Core's story is so insanely bad that my brain refuses to accept it as anything but parody.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Crisis Core's story is so insanely bad that my brain refuses to accept it as anything but parody.

and yet it's still the least bad ff7 spinoff

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Mister Facetious posted:

Finally, the second of only two psp games worth owning is finally going to be on the Switch.

Yeah and I hope we get that Tactics Ogre remake or whatever.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

and yet it's still the least bad ff7 spinoff

There are other FF7 spinoffs? Jesus Christ

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

How big a fan are you of Vincent?...

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

my dude if you think crisis core's story was dumb as poo poo (which i mean, it extremely was), you should check out ff7 dirge of cerberus some time

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m not sure if it’s a spoiler at this point but FF7R is the best spin-off

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ok yeah that is fair

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Can't wait to interact with Gackt as he reads poetry at me.

Edit: For real though I'm looking forward to it. I kinda liked the game when I played it on PSP, though I'm curious how the bite-sized-mission structure will hold up on a non-handheld (though it should fit quite well on the Switch)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

https://twitter.com/robot_cousin/status/1537611200850104321?t=-xJrpltsXNwb5aOxJlSryw&s=19

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1537604982043725824?s=21&t=SYR_tmRiMyY1Hu89VPlaWw

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Nice.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Crisis Core looks like it’s still using the original PSP game as a base so I’d imagine it should be able to run decently on the Switch

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Conflicted about buying Omori for the Switch or just playing the new Gamepass version that just dropped

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Play the GP version. If you love it, buy it on Switch. If you like it, play it for free on PC. If you hate it, move on without a care.

It’s a win/win/win.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Yeah and I hope we get that Lumines or whatever.

It's already on the Switch! :iia:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I am always weirded out when I remember that Chuck Lorre, the creator of Two and a Half Men and The Big Bang Theory, wrote the TMNT cartoon theme song.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
technically you can get Omori now if you have any Japanese eshop bucks

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Yeah and I hope we get that Tactics Ogre remake or whatever.

jeanne d'arc switch when

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

tactics ogre complete collection switch when

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I do not understand this god loving drat loving minigame and it's making me want to kick a metaphorical puppy

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

my dude if you think crisis core's story was dumb as poo poo (which i mean, it extremely was), you should check out ff7 dirge of cerberus some time

I remember watching an LP of it and I'm still not convinced that game is real. It's some sort of fever dream.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

hatty posted:

Conflicted about buying Omori for the Switch or just playing the new Gamepass version that just dropped

I have bought multiple games I first played in GP on switch. Some stuff is just better handheld

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

wish i could just buy this instead of subbing to wintendo's fail service

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

wish i could just buy this instead of subbing to wintendo's fail service

I wanted to play Mario 64 again but didn’t feel like searching around for a copy of 3D All Stars, so I subbed recently.

Hate to say it but I’ve been enjoying it. Plus Banjo Kazooie, Mario Kart 64 and Octo-Pass have been very fun, and whatever the gently caress is on the Genesis one. Never had a Genesis.

I’m having fun despite being a sucker.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Failtendo’s lovely online subscription for dummies is definitely a joke, but man playing some ninja turtles on my new oled is definitely some wintendo

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Turtles might be my loving GOTY, and that's in a year with Kirby. Still have to play AI 2 though.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

American McGay posted:

Play the GP version. If you love it, buy it on Switch. If you like it, play it for free on PC. If you hate it, move on without a care.

It’s a win/win/win.

I've used Game Pass to try games I later enjoyed so much I bought them on Switch, and it also saved me money on a couple of shorter games.

It's a good process!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:siren:
When Reggie speaks, we listen!

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/reggie-fils-aime-on-nintendos-past-and-video-gamings-future/

Seriously though, this is a great article about his time at Nintendo and some good questions are asked, including the Vitality Sensor…

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Cartoon Man posted:

:siren:
When Reggie speaks, we listen!

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/reggie-fils-aime-on-nintendos-past-and-video-gamings-future/

Seriously though, this is a great article about his time at Nintendo and some good questions are asked, including the Vitality Sensor…

Dude is a nft and crypto idiot. No thanks.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

worms butthole guy posted:

Yeah, I don't begrudge someone for saying 'maybe something's there, with crypto/NFTs, someday....' (I think they're wrong, but whatever), but he was going on about how awesome it'd be to be able to sell your AC island. It's like he's never heard of the Diablo 3 Auction house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

worms butthole guy posted:

nooooo the former president of a multi-billion dollar corporation is my friend