Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Soldier Boy's been pumped full of Compound Ʌ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008
"He's praying..."

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I love all the people trying to decode if soldier dude had the crazy chest laser the Russians clearly tortured into him for multiple decades

He's the loving winter soldier now guys c'mon

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
how long until the episode drops so we can all shut up

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I can't believe we'd have missed all this amazing discourse if they hadn't done weekly release!

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

I can't believe we'd have missed all this amazing discourse if they hadn't done weekly release!

amazon: start releasing episodes all at once or my posting will continue

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Episode is out but unavailable. :mad:

Edit: now it works.

withak fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jun 17, 2022

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
had to work late, drops right when i walk in the door. cool.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Unironically this

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Putting the Deep in charge of one of the technical departments is such a great way to go.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Homelander immediately caving and not knowing how to handle the pressure of actually being in charge is delicious

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Really leaning into the Trump comparisons.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
She speaks!

This has to be a fakeout

e: yup. And Frenchie blew it

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jun 17, 2022

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

She can do better

Which she? All of them

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
All aboard the bad decision train Hughie

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Woulda been a perfect time for the "I'd rather you were still alive and hated me" speech there, Hughie

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Have Butcher et. al gotten the memo on Soldier Boy's desupe beam or are they just hoping big beam go boom?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Have Butcher et. al gotten the memo on Soldier Boy's desupe beam or are they just hoping big beam go boom?

They figured it when Kimiko didn't stand right up afterwards, plus it really is a big beam. If one doesn't work then hopefully the other will.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

loving Seth Rogan

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Cheaper than a Cameo video

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Seth Rogan picked a great time for his cameo

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 15 hours!)

watching it just now but i want to say: butcher and maeve in more scenes together. i like this.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Still no real idea what the GBwhatever Red weapon that took out Soldier Boy was to begin with. Although I'm back to thinking it might have been Crimson Countess herself and there's gonna be a twist at the end of this season that Soldier Boy isn't strong enough to do it and Butcher let Soldier Boy kill the only person who could have. I was kinda down on this theory because Crimson Countess vanished from the show for several episodes, but now hey maybe

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"Looks like Kermit the Frog had a right wank in your mouth."

Holy gently caress all those changes at Vought. Stan Edgar was wrong. Homelander is gonna run that poo poo into the ground way sooner than anyone could have predicted.

I wonder if A-Train told Homelander :v:

I think everyone here greatly underestimated how durable Soldier Boy is. And how strong he is now :ohdear:
And it seems like he did always have his chest blast power. At least he seemed to use it once without tearing a hole in his suit.

Maybe this was the first time I noticed it happening but in the boardroom scene with Homelander and Maeve, the lighting on Homelander was extremely ominous. I wonder why he even bothered to kidnap her instead of just killing her on the spot.
e: Next week is Herogasm isn't it? Oh no. Oh noooo.

I liked the nice parallels in this episode: Homelander and Soldier Boy both professing that they loved women who absolutely hated them.
And then the scene of all the Soldier Boy, Butcher and Hughie going off to be assholes while the only good people, MM and Starlight, don't go with them.

PostNouveau posted:

Still no real idea what the GBwhatever Red weapon that took out Soldier Boy was to begin with. Although I'm back to thinking it might have been Crimson Countess herself and there's gonna be a twist at the end of this season that Soldier Boy isn't strong enough to do it and Butcher let Soldier Boy kill the only person who could have. I was kinda down on this theory because Crimson Countess vanished from the show for several episodes, but now hey maybe

Maybe they just drugged him? He's hella strong but clearly not invincible as the Russians could still stop him in the lab.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Gonna buy me one of them Hall & Oates T-shirts, I'll tell you that much

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Maybe they just drugged him? He's hella strong but clearly not invincible as the Russians could still stop him in the lab.

The simplest explanation is that they just used the same gas they were using in the torture vids to knock him out.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

And then the scene of all the Soldier Boy, Butcher and Hughie going off to be assholes while the only good people, MM and Starlight, don't go with them.

Hughie's constant 'wahh lemme save you' is pathetic and probably only there to make him seem wrong

but starlight and mm have zero ideas on how to handle homelander, so i'm not with them. homelander's an extinction threat. you have a shot to eliminate him, take it. and last episode starlight seemed on board with this and now she suddenly isn't.

soldier boy can at least definitely be contained, since he just was for decades. plus he seems to move only at normal human speed so people would at least have time to react, where homelander could just snap at any moment and wipe a city out before anybody knew what was happening. and then every city!

roomtone fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jun 17, 2022

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

PostNouveau posted:

Putting the Deep in charge of one of the technical departments is such a great way to go.

CRIME
ANAL
TICS

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Seth Rogan was in S1 as himself, he directed Black Noir's movie. so SirCumsALot779 was actual, in universe Seth Rogan. probably how he could afford the $19.50 a minute private room

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
seems this show is working hard to make feel like we're owed Blue Hawk's death

Fantastic episode, again. Loved Homelander getting in way over his head trying to be Edgar and getting absorbed into share prices

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

that was probably the best ep this season so far for me. not much downtime. although you bet your rear end i was hitting that skip button past the kimiko frenchie musical number sorry

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
What if they hit Homelander with the sleepy time gas? :thunk:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

pik_d posted:

What if they hit Homelander with the sleepy time gas? :thunk:

If it works can't they just drown him?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Sprinkles cupcakes are really good.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Chemtrailologist posted:

The simplest explanation is that they just used the same gas they were using in the torture vids to knock him out.

it seems like he has human metabolism for that knockout gas, he can't fly or use super speed (he just walked or took a car to CC's house and they waited patiently). His hair can be cut by something, since he got a haircut or did it himself.
Obviously his beam de-powered Kimiko, and it obliterated CC as well as a building. So a hit would do something to Homelander. I'm most curious as to how Butcher plans to politic his way into getting Soldier Boy to hate Homelander. Make him a "Never Trump" Republican kind of thing? Does he want fame again? Does he want to go right after Edgar? He probably doesn't like Black Noir, Edgar, or Mallory, and they're still hanging around somewhere...

One thing I suspected with Black Noir's face being all messed up is that he has super fast healing abilities, but not "superhuman" healing abilities. So if an explosion would leave a normal human covered in burns and scar tissue it would do the same to him but faster, which is why he has the suit to act as some protection. But once in a while maybe a Vought doctor has to cut out accumulated scar tissue if it's blocking his eyes or other functioning or something.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

One thing I suspected with Black Noir's face being all messed up is that he has super fast healing abilities, but not "superhuman" healing abilities.

That seems like how Stormfront works, so maybe yeah. Heal anything a person could recover from way faster, but can't grow back eyes or limbs.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

roomtone posted:

that was probably the best ep this season so far for me. not much downtime. although you bet your rear end i was hitting that skip button past the kimiko frenchie musical number sorry

messed up dude, it was fantastic

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

roomtone posted:

same.

curious as to how we get to Herogasm next week, I guess its to rescue Maeve?

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

what exactly are the scheduling conflicts going on with maeve's actress? i just googled it and nothing is coming up. will she be barely in it again now that she's been captured? back for s4 or what's the deal?

she's one of the better characters on the show so it's been a shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

roomtone posted:

what exactly are the scheduling conflicts going on with maeve's actress? i just googled it and nothing is coming up. will she be barely in it again now that she's been captured? back for s4 or what's the deal?

she's one of the better characters on the show so it's been a shame.

She's from Ireland which has some covid protocol problems that make filming more difficult.