Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
:regd08: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4001588

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/game-of-thrones-jon-snow-spinoff-1235167415/ *incredible*

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jeeeeeeeezus christ

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
You know, all things considered, a prequel series makes sense--trying to ride the same hype while also having nothing to do with the disaster that was the series finale. I get it.

This? I got nothing.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I'm trying to guess what the plot would be and I can't

It runs out of steam real quick if Jon is just doing what he was at the end of the show, walking north, doubtless to slay ice critters and bang cute wildlings. So he has to return to the seven kingdoms, but to what? House Glover decides to revolt against Sansa?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Each episode is people asking Jon for help and he refuses, while having confused feelings about Val the Wildling Princess who they put in the show now.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Just Jon and Tormund having buddy adventures with Ghost

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

...Is Kit desperate for money or something?

fuckin' Game of Thrones 2: Dany's Revenge. Why not?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I feel bad for Kit Harington. His career didn't take off like the rest and so he has to go back to the abusive show that sent him into rehab

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jun 17, 2022

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

VERY COOL!!!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
yer shew sooks jun snoh.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

bobjr posted:

Each episode is people asking Jon for help and he refuses, while having confused feelings about Val the Wildling Princess who they put in the show now.
And then he meets a baby Yoda who he feels conflicted about giving up for bounty because they have already bonded. But in the end he goes back and rescues him and now it's the two of them on adventures until Jon can find a safe place for his new charge

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Happy Landfill posted:

And then he meets a baby Yoda who he feels conflicted about giving up for bounty because they have already bonded. But in the end he goes back and rescues him and now it's the two of them on adventures until Jon can find a safe place for his new charge

That White Walker baby is probably still out there somewhere, just saying... :eng101:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
his name is Grogdork.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

That White Walker baby is probably still out there somewhere, just saying... :eng101:

I can't wait for all the Baby White Walker merch

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Something in that article I overlooked:

"HBO’s other live-action prequels in various stages of development are 10,000 Ships (a.k.a. Nymeria) with showrunner Amanda Segel, 9 Voyages (a.k.a. The Sea Snake) with showrunner Bruno Heller, and Dunk and Egg with showrunner Steve Conrad.

There are also three animated prequel projects, including The Golden Empire, which is set in the China-inspired land of Yi Ti."

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
More every single person on the internet getting together and making fun of the disaster of a show each week again, gently caress yeah. Bring on Season 9.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I didn't want it :|

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I want a show just about Ibb

Jon Snow can lead them into battle like they’re Ewoks

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

lmao, they cancelled Raised by Wolves to produce this poo poo

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
I'd give the Bruno Heller one a chance, as long as it has a Titus Pullo crossover episode

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Captain Splendid posted:

I'd give the Bruno Heller one a chance, as long as it has a Titus Pullo crossover episode

Yeah, though it makes me wonder what's gonna happen to Pennyworth.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

drat, that didn't take long. I figured they'd find some way to do a sequel but I figured it would take about 10 years for the cast to come around to the idea

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

lezard_valeth posted:

I feel bad for Kit Harington. His career didn't take off like the rest and so he has to go back to the abusive show that sent him into rehab

Other than Drogo (and that's a stretch), who's career has "taken off"? Sansa was in a terrible X-Men movie and is out of big Hollywood films. Masie might be doing some indie work? Robb was in a terrible Marvel film that, despite the assurance of a sequel is probably DOA. Emilia was in a rom com or something and isn't in anything of note. I guess Jamie gets work?

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

regulargonzalez posted:

Other than Drogo (and that's a stretch), who's career has "taken off"? Sansa was in a terrible X-Men movie and is out of big Hollywood films. Masie might be doing some indie work? Robb was in a terrible Marvel film that, despite the assurance of a sequel is probably DOA. Emilia was in a rom com or something and isn't in anything of note. I guess Jamie gets work?

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1523618773785321479

Maisie is apparently doing a zany comedy based on the real-life kidnapping and rape of a mormon boy.

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Jun 17, 2022

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

regulargonzalez posted:

Emilia Clarke is on the Disney Money train now. She’s been in Star Wars and is going to be a series regular for Secret Invasion alongside Sam Jackson for Marvel. So she’s going to have jobs for a while in both franchises.

Also Richard Madden’s character dies in Eternals because it turns out he’s actually the bad guy, so his Marvel career is over already anyway.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

regulargonzalez posted:

Sansa recently had a supporting role in a recent HBO miniseries. Not a starring role, but she was good and she's still getting work.

I think everyone was phoning it in during the last 2 X-Men movies.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

nine-gear crow posted:

Also Richard Madden’s character dies in Eternals because it turns out he’s actually the bad guy, so his Marvel career is over already anyway.

oh noooo you spoiled it

was he kingo?

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

An insane mind posted:

I didn't want it :|

I neveh did

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Young Bronn would be a fun one

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

What's all going on over in Skagos? I think we need a show about it!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Whenever Jon Snow isn't on screen the other characters should be asking where's Jon Snow?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I wonder how long before all the other GoT actors whose careers didn't take off start showing up in the Jon Snow show.

King Bran! What are you doing all the way in the north?!?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

“Jon Snow the dragon is back”

“Didn’t you say you were going to take care of it?”

“Why do you think I came all this way?”

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"how did you make the journey so quickly?"
"that's the question, isn't it?"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Phenotype posted:

oh noooo you spoiled it

was he kingo?

Kingo was the friends we made along the way.

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

Wait so the last season was just a backdoor pilot for a Jon and Tormund buddy hijinks show?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"where's Ghost?"
"Ghost died."
"Didn't he survive the battle and come back, I thought-"
"He did but then he died."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Giodo! posted:

Wait so the last season was just a backdoor pilot for a Jon and Tormund buddy hijinks show?

The last season was Dan Weiss and David Benioff's demo reel for LucasFilm and they kind flubbed it a little...