Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

the original ff7 was good, they could've stopped there

And I am glad they did not, because FFVIIremake is even better. Integrade was fantastic and Plus we are getting more.

It is good to be an FFVII fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What if they made ff16 instead...

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

What if they made ff16 instead...

Well do I have some news for you…

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What if they released ff16 instead....

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jay Rust posted:

What if they released ff16 instead....

Harrow posted:

Well do I have some news for you…

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
They will. FFVXVI and FFVIIRebirth in the same year. Maybe even some FFXIV content too.

Glorious 2023.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, they sequestered Nomura off to Kingdom Hearts so people who actually know how to deliver a game on time are in charge now.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I walked into a store today and bought a Playstation 5 at retail price today.

So if Nvidia suddenly announces the 4060ti is available now at 300 dollars, and in quantities enough for everyone who wants one, that's the reason why.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Where's the Dirge of Cerberus remake? :argh:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

hello I saw there was Deux Ex slander

or libel since it's in print

but actually neither because truth is a defence against both, and Deus Ex is the most overrated game possibly ever

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Elden Ring reignited my love of similar but better games and got me to go back to them so I'm thankful for it.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

me irl when I saw the hot takes on Deus Ex in this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-tzs47o33A

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=904paU69lBI

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

VideoGames posted:

They will. FFVXVI and FFVIIRebirth in the same year. Maybe even some FFXIV content too.

Glorious 2023.

2023 will be the Year of Final Fantasy

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

If you search my post history you'll see that I called it a 7 or 8 as I was playing it

Same here. I tend to pretty solid in how I view a game after a first playthrough; I think the only game I've ever had a truly evolving opinion on was Dark Souls 2.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

Pokemon Fool's Gold looks dope. Crystal remake with every pokeyman being a sorta regional form with different typing.

fanmade regional forms ftw

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Metis of the Hallways posted:

I think Toem is meant to be a photography game? And good?

i played it, it's a very good photography game!

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Chairchucker posted:

hello I saw there was Deux Ex slander

or libel since it's in print

but actually neither because truth is a defence against both, and Deus Ex is the most overrated game possibly ever
I don't think it's overrated since it was legitimately a huge revolution in game design that is still bearing fruit to this day. But I do agree that these days, it doesn't feel all that great to play in a lot of ways. Maybe one day we'll get a Nightdive remake of it or something now that Square-Enix let it go.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
goons lowering games scores is a tradition at this point :v: but least i feel we don’t personally attack each other as much for said scores/reason unlike reddit or twitter.

Also yeah only got to stage 7 in tmnt i forgot some of these 87 characters in the show.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Harrow posted:

2023 will be the Year of Final Fantasy

And I will be a part of it :D Magnificent! Ground floor like with Elden Ring.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I enjoyed Elden Ring, but Snowrunner might be my GotY

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I still have elden ring at a 9. One point knocked down for alot of reused bosses and that goddamn tree snake.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I started at a 9 but ended with an 8, because of how unstable multi was through the end and the endgame feeling incomplete

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have it at a 20. MGS3 is also at a 20. As is FFIX. and FFVIII.

MGS2 I have at a 19. MGS1 is also a 19.

Metroid Dread is an 18.

These scores are all out of 10.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

VideoGames posted:

Metroid Dread is an 18.

finally some good opinions itt

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I want to replay Metroid Dread but the EMMIs are extremely unfun

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

I enjoyed Elden Ring, but Snowrunner might be my GotY

:sickos:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

And I will be a part of it :D Magnificent! Ground floor like with Elden Ring.

But FF14 was a decade ago :thunkher:

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

VideoGames posted:

Metroid Dread is an 18.

Is your twitter handle @game_rates?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I'm afraid Elden Ring gets my lowest rating ever -- seven thumbs up

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Jay Rust posted:

Sekiro doesn’t let you use greatclubs or magic missiles, it’s v weak

Counterpoint: Your left arm is a grappling hook and you get to fight a giant ape/s.

I think I'm going to revisit and play through Elden Ring again later in the year because holy moly, has this thread got me wanting to play MGS3 again.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
God I forgot how cool the fists are in Nioh 2.

Someone asked what kind of moves should they have? Sumo? Judo? Wing Chun? Pro Wrestling? Berserker Barrage?

And then someone boldy answered YES

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I need to replay Dread again. Maybe on the hardest mode

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

More like, "steam dread" lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

I see that we have reached the stage in the cycle where we have forgotten all the great things we love about something and started picking apart all the minor flaws, by Christmas Elden Ring will be considered 7/10 bang average

elden ring doesn't have very many minor flaws, it just has one or two huge flaws. honestly if you just made all enemies do about 25% of the damage they currently do, the game would become literally about 100% more fun. it would actually become something that someone who is not used to FROM's bullshit could beat in a reasonable time

as it stands, i'm not even bad at FROM games and it took me like 40 hours to get past the first real boss, and about 20 of those hours were "grinding" to get my VIT up to the point where i wouldn't die in one literal hit

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

precision posted:

elden ring doesn't have very many minor flaws, it just has one or two huge flaws. honestly if you just made all enemies do about 25% of the damage they currently do, the game would become literally about 100% more fun. it would actually become something that someone who is not used to FROM's bullshit could beat in a reasonable time

as it stands, i'm not even bad at FROM games and it took me like 40 hours to get past the first real boss, and about 20 of those hours were "grinding" to get my VIT up to the point where i wouldn't die in one literal hit

Margit definitely does not 1 hit you to the point where you need to grind for 20 hours.

Also if he was too hard you could have just gone elsewhere

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Andrast posted:

Margit definitely does not 1 hit you to the point where you need to grind for 20 hours.

Also if he was too hard you could have just gone elsewhere

thanks for buying me a new custom title that makes sense to only you. lmao.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
PS: it's spelled "Simon Magus" you dumbass. just lmao. imagine putting a typo in your sick red text own. (how is calling me a fictional character in the Bible an own?)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I went and did other stuff for 20 hours than beat Margit first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

precision posted:

PS: it's spelled "Simon Magus" you dumbass. just lmao. imagine putting a typo in your sick red text own. (how is calling me a fictional character in the Bible an own?)

Simone Magus was a poster people thought was you