Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Farm Frenzy posted:

true posters like dasha and bust rodd etc collapse the bit/not bit binary to confuse and frustrate their enemies

Look at what they become in the process though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

phil and lil are cops

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Carlie Finster does three hour breadtube essays

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Farm Frenzy posted:

true posters like dasha and bust rodd etc collapse the bit/not bit binary to confuse and frustrate their enemies

The Nightmare Threesome

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The amount of people who lash out at me for being merely an traditionalist (not even monodominant) who claim to have been raised in the faith is a testament to how traumatizing, desolate and confused the “modern” Imperium is - the Indomitus Crusade is a nihilistic joke

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

studio mujahideen posted:

extremely funny to watch posters try to convince themselves people they like are doing a bit

wizard master hasnt posted yet, calm down.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bro Dad posted:

phil and lil are cops

their mom is khive

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

The amount of people who lash out at me for being merely an traditionalist (not even monodominant) who claim to have been raised in the faith is a testament to how traumatizing, desolate and confused the “modern” Imperium is - the Indomitus Crusade is a nihilistic joke

i only worship living gods

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Scionix posted:

really enjoyed the devo guy being incredibly pleased with himself for an hour

psyche

Which one is Devo pod? I got huge respect for them since Yo Gabba Gabba. Still remember him doing an interview about some Kids Bop Devo album he was asked to do and being a chill bewildered grandpa about it, because he already did and have children's music in his discography, but no they wanted the nostalgia peice with his hella adult old work.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

TheSlutPit posted:

tbf the only real difference between dasha and don is who’s in on the bit and laughing about it.

no the other difference is that don is funny

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

KirbyKhan posted:

Which one is Devo pod? I got huge respect for them since Yo Gabba Gabba. Still remember him doing an interview about some Kids Bop Devo album he was asked to do and being a chill bewildered grandpa about it, because he already did and have children's music in his discography, but no they wanted the nostalgia peice with his hella adult old work.

They have the bassist from devo on Chapo but not not mothersburg

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Devo kicks rear end

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

these two might as well just be saying "lightning bolt! lightning bolt!" at each other

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

It's terribly funny to me that the SSPX guys just keep banging on about how much more pure and real their faith is, but the moment the Pope looks their way, they scurry off like cockroaches under the fridge because they're broke, can't confirm more priests, and actively drive off people who would be on their side via smugness.

Just waiting for Dasha to start cozying up to this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Bawden

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Farm Frenzy posted:

neither are funny

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Lady Militant posted:

neither are funny

2 15th century guys with terrible haircuts furiously arguing whether something has to be "funny" to be a bit

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

C-Euro posted:

Who the gently caress are any of these people

I assume that they do podcasts

Dasha's podcast is Red Scare. Liz's podcast is The Bruenigs. Don's podcast is You Can't Win.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

There’s too many posts in here. Did they find Virgil?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

TheMightyBoops posted:

Yeah he was in the Vatican so everyone's mad at the pope I think.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

TheMightyBoops posted:

According to Cicero Arkansas, a dark haired bespectacled skinny man in a suit with a bushy mustache, Virgil has returned to his home planet and does not expect to appear on earth in the near future

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

pliny pennsylvania gonna soft-launch his podcast next week

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Chapo put the devo episode on the free feed lmao

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Some say you can find Virgil by going to the ancient aol chatrooms and typing in the pass phrase after being given the question:

"A/s/l?"
"14/f/Sweden"

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

i say swears online posted:

pliny pennsylvania gonna soft-launch his podcast next week

I could see Virgil launching a non ironic version of the RLM nerd crew.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

St. Augustine Florida teaming up with BJG for the true crime podcast “Where’s Virgil”

coathat
May 21, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

Chapo put the devo episode on the free feed lmao

wow they did the thing they said they'd do in the episode

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

HashtagGirlboss posted:

St. Augustine Florida teaming up with BJG for the true crime podcast “Where’s Virgil”

She should probably get a real lawyer to check out the contract this time. You know, Just just in case.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

coathat posted:

wow they did the thing they said they'd do in the episode

lol you listened to it

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Listening to podcasts??? Epic fail goon sire

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Haven't listened to a single pod since posting in this thread. I just dream about what they could be based off the lies you tell about them.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Cloks posted:

the bit in Chapo where Jerry Devo started talking like he was on a politics podcast was very funny, as was Chris scrambling to rein him in

Scionix posted:

really enjoyed the devo guy being incredibly pleased with himself for an hour

psyche

some plague rats posted:

Here's my take : Devo were rubbish and I don't care what any of them have to say

yeah it looks great. what a shame i missed out on it

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

KirbyKhan posted:

Haven't listened to a single pod since posting in this thread. I just dream about what they could be based off the lies you tell about them.

Jeff Gerstmann has his own podcast now so I’m back in my roots of only listening to non politics podcasts.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

tokin opposition posted:

yeah it looks great. what a shame i missed out on it

no one cares, freak

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Does the guy from Devo actually suck on the show, because I like Devo and he better not ruin Devo for me?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

TheMightyBoops posted:

Jeff Gerstmann has his own podcast now so I’m back in my roots of only listening to non politics podcasts.

I dipped out of Giant Bomb after they exploded the most recent time or whatever happened when they were no longer CBS I guess.

Is it more Jar Talks? I should reincorporate that into my media diet.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TheMightyBoops posted:

Does the guy from Devo actually suck on the show, because I like Devo and he better not ruin Devo for me?

I thought it was a pretty good episode, but I am grading on a curve because Chapo celebrity interviews are usually just atrocious. Mostly they just talk Devo.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

TheMightyBoops posted:

is he still as depressed as nick mullen or is he a bit more cheery now

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

gerstmann leaving giant bomb meant I could put giant bomb completely out of mind and just follow him on stuff

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

PostNouveau posted:

I thought it was a pretty good episode, but I am grading on a curve because Chapo celebrity interviews are usually just atrocious. Mostly they just talk Devo.

Oh, yeah I’ll listen to that.

KirbyKhan posted:

I dipped out of Giant Bomb after they exploded the most recent time or whatever happened when they were no longer CBS I guess.

Is it more Jar Talks? I should reincorporate that into my media diet.

There’s only 2 episodes so far and the first is sort of him just being overwhelmed by the support and then reminiscing about going to trade shows and doing public access show at the start of his career. I need to listen to episode 2, but that first episode is really good. It’s at least interesting from the perspective that his leaving GB was so abrupt he’s cobbling a new shoe together as he goes.

He gets really bummed by how much time he had to spend in the office away from his family at GB.

edit: I meant show but that’s a good typo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Ok fine I'm listening to devopod