Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Used the freeform box to request Eyeshield 21 be added.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah, especially since, you know, Hunter X Hunter is hard to actually buy last I checked.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I guess the SJ app might let me buy the volumes.

$7.99 is a hard price to swallow for a volume, even as someone who spends a fuckton of money on webtoons.

I'm used to manga being KRW 4,000 and under.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I could have sworn Yu Yu Hakusho was in the vault for a bit. Then when I went back to read it they had switched to volume sales.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

What are they gonna do with old HxH chapters when they finally start up again?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

mabels big day posted:

What are they gonna do with old HxH chapters when they finally start up again?

Who knows. I do remember us getting Weekly translations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/trigun_anime/status/1537631367168569346

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
didn’t see that coming

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Apparently we’ll be getting a bit more info at AX (though based on the title I assume it’s a reboot that follows the manga a bit closer)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea the manga's pretty different from what I remember

I have fond memories of the trigun anime so hopefully this is good. tho I deeply wish it wasn't a cg show

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I always felt the Trigun anime was superior to the manga, but the manga's not without its highlights. Done well, this could give us the best of both worlds.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
And if it does well, we could hopefully see a Netflix live adaptation in a few years.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

And if it does well, we could hopefully see a Netflix live adaptation in a few years.

Honestly I think you could pull off a live action Trigun series pretty well provided it was handled right

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

If I recall, the anime came out just as the manga was getting spun off into Trigun Maximum so we get the base outlines for a lot of the characters but most of the Gung-Ho Guns get fleshed out even more. Zazie, Midvalley, Wolfwood, hell even Legato gets fleshed out more. The insurance girls become and even more humanizing force somehow and Knives is everything he's made out to be in the start of the story. I loved the old anime but I cannot stress how hype I am for this to be a faithful reboot.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

what is your netflix dream casting zep

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

chris evans as trigun

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chris Pratt is going to be Vash and will play him identically to Star Lord

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Robviously posted:

If I recall, the anime came out just as the manga was getting spun off into Trigun Maximum so we get the base outlines for a lot of the characters but most of the Gung-Ho Guns get fleshed out even more. Zazie, Midvalley, Wolfwood, hell even Legato gets fleshed out more. The insurance girls become and even more humanizing force somehow and Knives is everything he's made out to be in the start of the story. I loved the old anime but I cannot stress how hype I am for this to be a faithful reboot.

Huh, it’s been a while since I’ve read Maximum, but I remember Meryl and Milly being basically irrelevant towards the end.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I wouldn't trust netflix with this at all

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Alacron posted:

Huh, it’s been a while since I’ve read Maximum, but I remember Meryl and Milly being basically irrelevant towards the end.

They do separate from Vash & co for a solid portion of it but pop up with some of the other human characters until the very end where Meryl comes back specifically to help Vash get through his killing of Legato.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Viz got the rights to Helck, first volume in spring '23!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Is the fist of the north star anime.goood and if so where can I watch it?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Jose posted:

Is the fist of the north star anime.goood and if so where can I watch it?

It's a classic and it's all on Crunchyroll.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Thank gently caress for that. Watching mad Max 2 for the first time and in the mood
Many episodes because I remember the manga being long as hell

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Did a full reread of Silver Spoon this week and drat, what a wonderful manga. It's a bit unfortunate how it skips through a lot of the seasons, but it sort of makes sense.

Can recommend if anyone needs a sort of feel-good manga and maybe want to learn a bit about farm life.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Related to that, how’s Arakawa‘s newest manga (I forget the name of it) so far?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Larryb posted:

Related to that, how’s Arakawa‘s newest manga (I forget the name of it) so far?

Yomi no Tsugai and I think it is pretty good. The initial setup has a pretty interesting twist and the characters feel good in a similar way to her past stuff.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ethiser posted:

Yomi no Tsugai and I think it is pretty good. The initial setup has a pretty interesting twist and the characters feel good in a similar way to her past stuff.

Nice, has any official source picked it up yet or do we just have fan translations for now (also how often do new chapters come out)?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Srice posted:

It's a classic and it's all on Crunchyroll.

uk rights are all sorts of hosed up and i can't watch it on crunchyroll rip

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Larryb posted:

Nice, has any official source picked it up yet or do we just have fan translations for now (also how often do new chapters come out)?

Just fan translations as far as I know. It’s monthly.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1537827483701198850

Does anyone have any insight in how these are? I'm curious about picking them up.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RuBisCO posted:

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1537827483701198850

Does anyone have any insight in how these are? I'm curious about picking them up.

I've read the set from fan translations years ago.

It's early work (the oldest is from when Fujimoto was 17) so you have to go in expecting mixed quality, with some being more interesting as historical items than as manga in-and-of themselves. That said, the good stories (like Nayuta) are well worth reading.

I'm just kind of disappointed that it doesn't have "Sense of Justice" or "Paper Planes", because I can't find those anywhere.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Aliens Area chapter 3 continued to be mostly generic, but the art on the final page was cool. I guess someone must have pointed out to the author that the MC’s power was too much like Luffy’s, so he took it in more of a body horror direction.

Ruri Dragon chapter 2 was a bit disappointing. This chapter was basically a training arc, without much of the first chapter’s sense of humor.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Darth TNT posted:

Mashle: Good to see the Visionaries aren't getting worfed immediately.

*Price is Right losing horn*

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Silver2195 posted:

Ruri Dragon chapter 2 was a bit disappointing. This chapter was basically a training arc, without much of the first chapter’s sense of humor.

Also, feels like the mention of her healing quickly might be for setting up for a possible battle manga turn in the future

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Shinji2015 posted:

Also, feels like the mention of her healing quickly might be for setting up for a possible battle manga turn in the future

It is also a way to handwave why she wasn't hospitalized for weeks/months with a badly burned throat and mouth, which would probably be a bit too serious of a development.

I liked the chapter. It's about what I would expect from a slice-of-life story about a half-dragon girl that is slowly awakening her dragon half. Also I agree with Ruri. Her mom is a beast.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ruridragon: I’m glad she has a dragon throat now because that was horrifying in the first chapter. Looks like (one-shot spoilers)the design of her dad is staying mostly the same, judging from the silhouette. The serialized version is fleshing things out more but I’m guessing she’ll go see him Chapter 4 or 5

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I wonder if the thing with ruridragon is gonna be that she might eventually dragonize until she can't live in normal human society.

I'm assuming her dad had a human form or something. The one shot implied he was humanoid at one point but transformed more at some point.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Smartphone had a good chapter this week I thought, it's a good sign when someone can make twenty pages of people talking engaging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Justin_Brett posted:

Smartphone had a good chapter this week I thought, it's a good sign when someone can make twenty pages of people talking engaging.

Yeah. I thought this has been the best chapter so far. Really set the protagonist up to feel pretty smart with a great antagonist to play off of. It definitely feels like Death Note lite, but it’s not a bad thing.