Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: hot cocoa on the couch)

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Root canal is all finished, and it was totally painless. Kinda anti-climatic, actually. I just sat there and listened to Dua Lipa on the radio. Guess I'll be sore for a week

Edit: AND THEN I CAN BLOW MY WHISTLE AGAIN :toot:

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jun 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Root canal is all finished, and it was totally painless. Kinda anti-climatic, actually. I just sat there and listened to Dua Lipa on the radio. Guess I'll be sore for a week.

Edit: AND THEN I CAN BLOW MY WHISTLE AGAIN :toot:

looking forward to and EPICly resurgent slide whistle friday post

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Been backed up this morning but one cold brew later I'm currently BLASTING the poo poo out my rear end. Huge ups to Friday

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

its my day off but i made the mistake of reading work messages that pulled me in to a huge big thing. also its hot as hell so i shaved me head

Lol @ u reading work messages on your day off

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Lol @ u reading work messages on your day off

absoluetly this. you've polluted your mind on the most sacred of days, and you desrrve the mental punishment that befalls you. sorry aard

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
it's fine. Once it's an acceptable drinking hour im going to drink a bunch of seltzers and watch a bunch of always sunny, which I am finally watching after years of only seeing random episodes

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

AARD VARKMAN posted:

it's fine. Once it's an acceptable drinking hour im going to drink a bunch of seltzers and watch a bunch of always sunny, which I am finally watching after years of only seeing random episodes

That sounds Friday AF

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Threat of thunderstorms rolling through and the pressure change is loving with my vision. NOT a good Friday vibe if you ask me!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Had a really short job today so back at the shop early, and having lunch. Got some shop work to do for a few hours and then its back home for the weekend to see my dad for father's day. Might abstain from the piss this weekend (probably not actually) but all y'all motherfucks should get on the piss hard as gently caress.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

Had a really short job today so back at the shop early, and having lunch. Got some shop work to do for a few hours and then its back home for the weekend to see my dad for father's day. Might abstain from the piss this weekend (probably not actually) but all y'all motherfucks should get on the piss hard as gently caress.

i'm gonna be on the piss in a big way tonight. gonna be skulling so hard bitches gonna call me yorick

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

AARD VARKMAN posted:

The first season is fine, but I can see why it was on a knife's edge. Once Danny DeVito joins, then it becomes a great sitcom.

Except for the Sha'Dynasty episode. By far, that's my least favorite they've ever made

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Threat of thunderstorms rolling through and the pressure change is loving with my vision. NOT a good Friday vibe if you ask me!

It rained quite heavily and now the Friday sun is out :hai:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
long hike today with three dogs. inadvertently walked through a patch of stinging nettles and that was no fun but i'm home and showered and theres cold beers in the fridge waiting for the sun to go down because i am an alcohol vampire. happy friday everyone and good luck on your date seth.

edit: dogs

Luvcow fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jun 17, 2022

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Enfys posted:

It's happening!!!

https://twitter.com/DLEveryFriday/status/1537811968702263296?s=20&t=q6Hmkm6EkdfQK13ZRAqrgA

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

:hai:
we need a david lynch friday smily

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i can practically taste the hops

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Luvcow posted:

long hike today with three dogs. inadvertently walked through a patch of stinging nettles and that was no fun but i'm home and showered and theres cold beers in the fridge waiting for the sun to go down because i am an alcohol vampire. happy friday everyone and good luck on your date seth.

edit: dogs

Man I wish I could trust my dogs off-leash like that. My shepherd is probably 95% reliable off-leash in general but he’s also defensive around people he doesn’t know so responsibility requires I keep him leashed. My hound is 100% NOT reliable off-leash because she will go on a squirrel murdering spree.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Had a migraine this morning but the new prescription I got took care of it. Just have to hang on through this work day and tonight I will get drunk and drive around in American Truck Simulator

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Man I wish I could trust my dogs off-leash like that. My shepherd is probably 95% reliable off-leash in general but he’s also defensive around people he doesn’t know so responsibility requires I keep him leashed. My hound is 100% NOT reliable off-leash because she will go on a squirrel murdering spree.

the one on leash is about 9 months so she stays on leash the whole time, probably will for a few more years. the other two are 13 and 8 and i carry leashes for them for when we pass other dogs or groups of bikes. both the older dogs used to bolt but they've mellowed with age, the 8 year old part beagle only started going off leash the last 2-3 years, the 13 year old hound has been off leash since he was ~3 years old.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

responsibility requires I keep him leashed.

Thanks for doing so. I wish more dog owners would. I like dogs, but I really don't want some random fuckin dog coming up to me and jumping up and getting muddy fuckin paw prints on me.

Also dogs like to bite me for some reason.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

StarkRavingMad posted:

Had a migraine this morning but the new prescription I got took care of it. Just have to hang on through this work day and tonight I will get drunk and drive around in American Truck Simulator

they need a game that somehow uses google street view. throw that poo poo in vr and finally we will have the perfect drunk driving simulator

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

Thanks for doing so. I wish more dog owners would. I like dogs, but I really don't want some random fuckin dog coming up to me and jumping up and getting muddy fuckin paw prints on me.

Also dogs like to bite me for some reason.

my dogs don't jump up on people but sorry for your negative experience with dogs

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

AARD VARKMAN posted:

they need a game that somehow uses google street view. throw that poo poo in vr and finally we will have the perfect drunk driving simulator

Streets of Sim City was like this, but I like your idea better

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

extremely this..... :cheers:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

extremely this..... :cheers:

same

had some edibles but the beers are still unopened

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Guess I'll be sore for a week

Update: the freezing just wore off and ayup somebody definitely drilled into mouth today. :thunkgun:

But I get to keep my tooth, so That's a Friday Miracle! ®

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Okay the pain has subsided a bunch now, I feel a lot better.

That's a Friday Miracle! ®

What is everyone's painkiller of choice? I choose advil so I can still sip an island drink.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Advil is bad for you and will gently caress up your stomach, iirc.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

The way I understand it
  • Tylenol (Acetaminophen) hurts your liver
  • Advil/Motrin/Aleve (Ibuprofen/Naproxen/other NSAIDs) eat at your stomach
Generally Tylenol is the safer option, however if you mix it with alcohol, it goes from hurting your liver a little, to really loving it up. NSAIDs might be better when your pain is being caused by inflammation. I could be yaking outta my arse.

But the real answer is to mix them, because apparently taking one of each is more effective than doubling either. :pseudo:

Edit: VVV Nevermind, that's the real answer VVV

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 17, 2022

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Okay the pain has subsided a bunch now, I feel a lot better.

What is everyone's painkiller of choice? I choose advil so I can still sip an island drink.

had a root canal 1 month ago and my choice of pain relief was some edibles and beer

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

The best pain killer is to BE STRONG AND POWERFUL.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Saalkin posted:

Literally killing your pain with a series of epic martial arts maneuvers

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got Blue Lightning up and running for the year! Quite a bit late but it's been so cold the entire spring. I put a new battery in it and put some air in the tires. But somehow while doing that, the compressor burned out my cigarette outlet in my car. Not sure how to get that fixed but it's pretty important since I have a dash cam. Ugh, I wonder how much that'll cost. Wait, maybe it's a fuse. I should check.

Anyway, here she is!

I desperately need to clean it.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Saalkin posted:

also tequila

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

There was something I wanted to post in this thread but now I can't remember what it was because it's Friday night bebe

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
On summer vacation. I forgot it was Friday, which is sad, because I need to go to the notary, and now I have to wait until Monday.

But I can float in my hot tub as much as I want, and I have time to do all the home projects I need to catch up on.

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
Gonna drink some beers and sit in the hot tub on this fine Friday

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Neighbors started a Friday thread on Facebook

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pennywise the Frown posted:

But somehow while doing that, the compressor burned out my cigarette outlet in my car. Not sure how to get that fixed but it's pretty important since I have a dash cam. Ugh, I wonder how much that'll cost. Wait, maybe it's a fuse. I should check.

It was a fuse! I had to read the manual and find which was which and naturally the spares available weren't the correct kind. I went to the auto store and picked some new ones up and it works now! I actually accomplished something that an adult would do!

Good Friday... so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Genesplicer posted:

On summer vacation. I forgot it was Friday, which is sad, because I need to go to the notary, and now I have to wait until Monday.

But I can float in my hot tub as much as I want, and I have time to do all the home projects I need to catch up on.

good to know my :10bux: goes to feeding the lavish lifestyle of the mods

i'm betting you will enjoy some fine goldbelly products as you float in your hot tub tonight