Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like Ashley's suits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Mameluke posted:

Soldier Boy won't do poo poo to Homelander because he seems mainly interested in panicking about gay people and doing violence against women

they're gonna team up once homelander goes full /pol/

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

Mameluke posted:

Soldier Boy won't do poo poo to Homelander because he seems mainly interested in panicking about gay people and doing violence against women

Soldier Boy's next stop is Vought.

The only reason he would team up with Butcher is if he still has revenge targets, and he probably wants to find out exactly who sold him to the Russians, since the CC said it wasn't her idea. The answer is almost certainly Stan Edgar.

Butcher is probably hoping that Homelander will put himself in the way.

Homelander actually won't, because somehow he knows what SB can do, probably from pillaging Stan's office. That's why HL seemed oddly nervous about the supervillain attack and sent Starlight to go after him.

SB will take over Vought, which everyone except HL will welcome. SB will make HL his Deep with the threat of depowerment.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
It might be Soldier Boy/A-Train vs Homelander/The Deep, although I think it would be a lot funnier if it's the Deep that switches sides.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD83xuq7gvE

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Soldier boy really needs to learn how to fly or at least jump good. You can't expect anyone to take your seriously if you're walking everywhere like some human.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
So they really seem to be teasing out this MM backstory with soldier boy killing his family. Is that in line with the comics

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Crespolini posted:

Soldier boy really needs to learn how to fly or at least jump good. You can't expect anyone to take your seriously if you're walking everywhere like some human.

You're saying soldier boys needs to superman?

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Alan Smithee posted:

So they really seem to be teasing out this MM backstory with soldier boy killing his family. Is that in line with the comics

No, also don't google MM's comics story. It's bad.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I'm ashamed to admit that I thought Paul Reiser was dead

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Strom Cuzewon posted:

You're saying soldier boys needs to superman?

That Ho
Melander

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

The dad suing Vought getting nowhere and dying due to all the stress is from the comics. But in the comics it's because his mom was basically poisoned through exposure to Vought chemicals and was mutated

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

I think what’s gonna happen is Homelander is either gonna force Starlight to do sex stuff at Herogasm OR he’s gonna just break into her apartment in the 7 tower and force Hew and Starlight to gently caress in front of him

Another mint bust rodd post

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Terror Sweat posted:

The dad suing Vought getting nowhere and dying due to all the stress is from the comics. But in the comics it's because his mom was basically poisoned through exposure to Vought chemicals and was mutated

For anyone that doesn't know, this is a point of no return. Don't google how she was mutated.

Or connect the dots to his nickname.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

As Nero Danced posted:

For anyone that doesn't know, this is a point of no return. Don't google how she was mutated.

Or connect the dots to his nickname.

And that’s arguably not even the worst part about his story in the comics

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
That being said, they kinda did leave a callback to it in Homelander's craving for milk.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

BIG HEADLINE posted:

That being said, they kinda did leave a callback to it in Homelander's craving for milk.

Speaking of, my guess is the cow milking scene is part of herogasm, which is... ick. But still very much in-line with (and toned down from) the comics herogasm.

Still feel it was a missed opportunity for an in-universe commercial of Homelander sponsoring a milkbank for new mothers.
Hell, the whole series could have used some in-universe commercials, like Robo Cop, but that might be too distracting.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 17, 2022

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

When was the last time we saw Homelander get all hot and bothered about some milk? Seems like it's been too long.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

TIP posted:

When was the last time we saw Homelander get all hot and bothered about some milk? Seems like it's been too long.

that's why he's getting so antsy

throw some ovaltine in some (cow) milk and he'll be right back to the normal, well adjusted person he was in S1

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Milk gives you prostate cancer now, they're saying. Could be a way to defeat him if you'll play the long game.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

Crespolini posted:

How did he get from Russia to the US?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 44 minutes!

Kilson posted:

He could have swam, he got super strength

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Kilson posted:

There was a scene of him sneaking aboard a plane in a Russian airport/airfield, seemed to imply he was smuggling himself in the cargo hold or something.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Kilson posted:

Well, I'm guessing he didn't jump

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

Crespolini posted:

He has everything he needs to rocket jump.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Good episode, the actors in this show do such a great job, every single one of them. It's amazing really. Doesn't matter what part they play, major, minor or supporting, they all hit it out of the park.

Can't wait to see where the team up goes.

Ashley is so going to end up with Ashley's old job.

https://twitter.com/VoughtIntl/stat...%5Es1_&ref_url=

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
If anyone has ever seen the movie The Great White Hype, the end boxing match is what I'm predicting for the Homelander/Soldierboy fight.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

The Last Call posted:

Good episode, the actors in this show do such a great job, every single one of them. It's amazing really. Doesn't matter what part they play, major, minor or supporting, they all hit it out of the park.

https://twitter.com/VoughtIntl/stat...%5Es1_&ref_url=

With the tweets and the youtube stuff I really like how all the fans seems to have collectively agreed to comment "in-character"

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
https://twitter.com/Ullie72002985/status/1537710375793213440?t=QEArFdn7DYdP2vCfx1P0Ew&s=19
:vince:

2nd level spells
Apr 3, 2022
Season 2, episode 8, Homelander and Storm Front are talking about V and making sure the "right people" get doses for thier little ubermensch army. Homelander wonders what happens when the wrong people get dosed and stormfront says "Don't worry, silly. Frederick [Vought] had a solution for everything."

So, what was Vought's solution for dealing with superpowered undesireables?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

roomtone posted:

Hughie's constant 'wahh lemme save you' is pathetic and probably only there to make him seem wrong

but starlight and mm have zero ideas on how to handle homelander, so i'm not with them. homelander's an extinction threat. you have a shot to eliminate him, take it. and last episode starlight seemed on board with this and now she suddenly isn't.

soldier boy can at least definitely be contained, since he just was for decades. plus he seems to move only at normal human speed so people would at least have time to react, where homelander could just snap at any moment and wipe a city out before anybody knew what was happening. and then every city!

Yeah the character motivations and stumbling blocks seem to be conventionally the ones that'll extend the most relationship drama. Starlight suddenly wanting to stand down when her friend got hosed up comes out of where. And also like why the gently caress didn't Frenchie tell Nina to gently caress off, I'm CIA now and we know where you live? Instead he just pretended he wasn't being threatened? Now that's a loving terrible b plot. You know a bad b-plot when its secondary characters interacting with tertiary characters, for no real impact on the main plot. Nina also sucks as a character.

The main plot is cool tho and Soldier Boy and Homelander and Butcher are still intriguing characters and situations, so here's hoping they focus on that.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I hope Ashley 2 gets an Ashley 3. I also love Colby Minifie's performance as Ashley 1 and she is an adorable person.

All that said though the character Ashley is on screen too much now. Her omnipresence and meteoric rise makes the world feel too small. Someone else was right in that "Vought" as a set of characters has been winnowed down to, basically, her and sometimes the two creative boys. Who are the board members? I'd like to know more about the dynamic between them and Edgar that was hinted at (though I assume it's just simple racism).

Thinking about it in Amazon terms, it leads me to two conclusions. 1, they're cheap and this is the third season of an Amazon genre show, it's gonna be Homelander on a chair in an empty set begging us to demand The Boys Movie soon enough. 2, maybe it suits capital better for the face of the evil company to be an evil, traitorous labourer than someone whose whole life was lubricated by cash.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Shageletic posted:

Yeah the character motivations and stumbling blocks seem to be conventionally the ones that'll extend the most relationship drama. Starlight suddenly wanting to stand down when her friend got hosed up comes out of where. And also like why the gently caress didn't Frenchie tell Nina to gently caress off, I'm CIA now and we know where you live? Instead he just pretended he wasn't being threatened? Now that's a loving terrible b plot. You know a bad b-plot when its secondary characters interacting with tertiary characters, for no real impact on the main plot. Nina also sucks as a character.

The main plot is cool tho and Soldier Boy and Homelander and Butcher are still intriguing characters and situations, so here's hoping they focus on that.

He told her was CIA a few episodes ago and she basically went "oooh big loving deal"

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

That is a a perfect preview.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Butcher is CIA, and only barely. Frenchie, M.M., and Kimiko are expendable and they know it.

thrawn527 posted:

That is a a perfect preview.

I hope it's "bad" enough that we get an old school Senate hearing about "decency in broadcasting" with "Lady G" fannin' th' vapahs away.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

As Nero Danced posted:

Speaking of, my guess is the cow milking scene is part of herogasm, which is... ick. But still very much in-line with (and toned down from) the comics herogasm.

Still feel it was a missed opportunity for an in-universe commercial of Homelander sponsoring a milkbank for new mothers.
Hell, the whole series could have used some in-universe commercials, like Robo Cop, but that might be too distracting.

I'd be hard pressed to believe anyone could top this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dGh7p1tZmk

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I hope it's "bad" enough that we get an old school Senate hearing about "decency in broadcasting" with "Lady G" fannin' th' vapahs away.

Lady Gaga?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
No way is Lindsey Graham tone deaf enough to guest star.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

The Last Call posted:

I love that she's credited as "Also Ashley" as that was how she was introduced. They've been keeping it up in the X-Ray bits for her character name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

withak posted:

No way is Lindsey Graham tone deaf enough to guest star.

I meant a hearing in real life over the "depravity" on streaming services.

"Think of the children!" :cry:

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 17, 2022