Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
Tell me something about your teeth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

My left top front tooth is a crown. Tooth got broken in half from getting hit in the face with a beer bottle at a bowling alley

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
I just got a root canal this morning. I was going to get it extracted, but the dental thread in The Goon Doctor made me realized that a root canal is actually a pretty painless procedure, which apparently was what I needed to get over that apprehension. The freezing can sting a tiny bit, but other than that I just stared at the ceiling while listening to Dua Lipa on the radio. Didn't feel a drat thing. And I'm pretty happy that I get to keep my tooth and prevent the rest of them from shifting over.

Other than that, I've been blessed with pretty good and strong teeth!

tl;dr: If you're putting off going to the dentist, you really should talk about it here. Goons can provide you the reassurance that you need to go, and you will save yourself misery and money by getting things fixed early. :shobon:

Flora Finching
Sep 10, 2009

When I went to get my wisdom teeth out the people in the dentist office were like "that's what you're wearing?". I was kinda confused about why they said such a weird thing until I woke up in the middle and started swinging and kicking the poo poo out of everyone with my steel-toed boots. Shoulda gave me more drugs then. :shrug:

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
aside from a handful of cavities over the course of my life I don't have much going on. except the far back two molars on my left side are super close together, and sometimes food still manages to wedge itself into the barely existent gap there and kind of push the teeth apart and it hurts until I floss it out. sucks if it happens when I'm somewhere or doing something where I can't floss it out though

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Flora Finching posted:

When I went to get my wisdom teeth out the people in the dentist office were like "that's what you're wearing?". I was kinda confused about why they said such a weird thing until I woke up in the middle and started swinging and kicking the poo poo out of everyone with my steel-toed boots. Shoulda gave me more drugs then. :shrug:

Man, the drugs they give you for wisdom teeth are loving wicked. That's the only time I've ever had absolutely no recollection of how I got home. I thought I'd dreamt some parts of the journey.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I had a bunch of work done on my teeth in Mexico because I didn’t have dental insurance and I couldn’t afford to get it done in the US. I was scared at first but the Mexican dentist was super nice and his office was better and more high tech than anyplace I’d been before!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

StarkRavingMad posted:

I had a bunch of work done on my teeth in Mexico because I didn’t have dental insurance and I couldn’t afford to get it done in the US. I was scared at first but the Mexican dentist was super nice and his office was better and more high tech than anyplace I’d been before!

i've been thinking about doing this actually. where did you go?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Flora Finching posted:

Lmfao how old were you when this happened

I was in seventh grade when I got all four of my wisdom teeth out and it was the worst timing ever because I was going on a trip with my cousins and grandma and aunt to Canada to a campground near Niagara falls and I could not eat solid foods and got really sick and vomited and had liquid poo poo out my rear end at the same time in the tiny camper we were sharing

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Earwicker posted:

i've been thinking about doing this actually. where did you go?

I went to a place called Trust Dental Care in Tijuana. Super nice and the dentists and receptionists all spoke English. (I know some Spanish but not like fluent). They also told me — without outright saying it — that some of the stuff my US dentist wanted to do was bullshit to run up the price.

I take no responsibility if they gently caress something up for you but they did good by me.

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick
I permanently chipped one of my front teeth at a friend's house when I was 14 trying to bite the safety pin on a can badge closed so it wouldn't fall off my purse.
Just made a clean little slice, like that old scene of mickey cutting a slice of bread so thin you could see through it.

me and my friend stared in horror and then went outside to go play Naruto in the snow.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have two wisdom teeth out and two in

And I have a bridge

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Pasketti posted:

I permanently chipped one of my front teeth at a friend's house when I was 14 trying to bite the safety pin on a can badge closed so it wouldn't fall off my purse.
Just made a clean little slice, like that old scene of mickey cutting a slice of bread so thin you could see through it.

me and my friend stared in horror and then went outside to go play Naruto in the snow.

Did they end up doing anything for your tooth? I chipped my front one last week, and all they did was polish it up today. I was freaking out because I thought I broke through the enamel and it was going to rot, but there were like nah chill, it's fine.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

StarkRavingMad posted:

I went to a place called Trust Dental Care in Tijuana. Super nice and the dentists and receptionists all spoke English. (I know some Spanish but not like fluent). They also told me — without outright saying it — that some of the stuff my US dentist wanted to do was bullshit to run up the price.

not at all surprised. thank you for the info!

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

One of my wisdom teeth never formed and I lived my whole adult life with three wisdom teeth. A few years ago my dentist said "hey let's pull the one above the missing space because something bad might happen! Who knows? And since we're taking out one, we might as well take out the other two!"

Homie was looking to get paid I guess??? :shrug:

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
A coworker of mine had a condition where their baby teeth never fell out, and it essentially became their adult teeth. You could never tell by looking at her, and I think she might have even had braces at one point.

She did mention that as an adult, she had a tooth that started teething, and it was one of the most painful experiences they'd ever been through. After that, they had no problem giving their kids tylenol when they were teething.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
When I had my wisdom teeth out I was all hosed up from the anesthetic. The nurse looking after me when I woke up was about 60 but for some reason I immediately hit on on her and started crying for a minute or two. Then I snapped out of it and apologized. It was very confusing but she didn't seem even remotely phased.

E: Imagine a twenty year old dude sitting in a chair with his face full of gauze and blood bawling his eyes out while choking out 'Whyyyyy am I cryyyyiiinnggg?!' between sobs.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 17, 2022

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I chipped my left front tooth in elementary school when I decided it was a good idea to stick my foot into the spoke of my bicycle while flying down a hilly road towards my house. I fling myself over my handlebars face first into the cement.

When I got braces in middle school they pulled it down and sanded it flat across.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Aesop Poprock posted:

I remember his face but not his name but a guy from Sunny Day Real Estate tried to rape a friend of mine when she was 16. Glasses and dark hair at a festival in 2004 in Pennsylvania at Snow Fest

Sounds like the guitarist Dan.

Edit for new page: I had multiple attempts at fixing minor chips on my front teeth (beer bottles) eventually just gave up on bonding attempts and had them filed.

BAGS FLY AT NOON fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 18, 2022

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I had all my wisdom teeth out at once a couple years ago. Psychopath doctor sent me home with two (2) Vicodin.

I guess the era of being doped up and euphoric after surgery is over. I guess I’ll have to wait until I’m terminally ill to get good painkillers again.

Bloodfart McCoy fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 18, 2022

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I had all my wisdom teeth out at once a couple years ago. Psychopath doctor sent me home with two (2) Vicodin.

I guess the era of being doped up and euphoric after surgery is over. I guess I’ll have to wait until I’m terminally I’ll to get good painkillers again.

It’s a sharp reaction to when I got mine out ten years ago and they gave me 60, one of which I took.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

My mouth is too small for all my adult teeth, so I am actually missing four adult teeth, just so the others had room and not be crowded. This does not include my wisdom teeth that were all pulled as well.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Zil posted:

My mouth is too small for all my adult teeth, so I am actually missing four adult teeth, just so the others had room and not be crowded. This does not include my wisdom teeth that were all pulled as well.

Same, had a couple of surgeries as a kid that removed all my baby teeth and a few adult ones because of overcowding

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Bismuth posted:

Same, had a couple of surgeries as a kid that removed all my baby teeth and a few adult ones because of overcowding

I had such long roots on my baby teeth that I never lost any of them naturally. Every single one of them had to be pulled by a dentist.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Zil posted:

I had such long roots on my baby teeth that I never lost any of them naturally. Every single one of them had to be pulled by a dentist.

drat that sucks, a few of mine came out normally but a lot of them just refused to budge and the adult ones were trying to come in all weird because of it. I think they took out too much tbh because now I have some gaps, but thankfully not in the front

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
My teeth are hosed up but at least I can still eat.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
24 hours since my root canal and honestly there's no pain from it at all. I'm quite surprised. I don't know how root canals used to be, but gently caress they're like no big deal at all.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Outrail posted:

When I had my wisdom teeth out I was all hosed up from the anesthetic. The nurse looking after me when I woke up was about 60 but for some reason I immediately hit on on her and started crying for a minute or two. Then I snapped out of it and apologized. It was very confusing but she didn't seem even remotely phased.

E: Imagine a twenty year old dude sitting in a chair with his face full of gauze and blood bawling his eyes out while choking out 'Whyyyyy am I cryyyyiiinnggg?!' between sobs.

I had to take care of my one roommate when he had his out at 21 which included driving him home and he was hitting on the nurses and crying because my friends thought he was my boyfriend when we hung out together and then just drooling blood all over my car

I literally don't even know why my friends thought he was boyfriend all of my friends were straight at the time and I never brought my boyfriend's around at that time

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
So am I supposed to floss before brushing, or after?

I've been doing it after, and some rear end in a top hat told me I'm wrong.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

I use Plackers in the shower, so I can rinse the flosser and my mouth out very rigorously.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Before you brush, but the advice traditionally was to floss first. The idea is to scrape the gunk out from between your teeth and then scrub and rinse your teeth. Flossing after just loosens all the gunk that brushing didn't remove and recontaminates your mouth

I don't know why flossing after was recommended, it just seems like common sense to me. The guidelines did change recently though, you're not crazy

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I generally brush then floss then use mouthwash to clear out any bits dislodged while flossing

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Revins posted:

I generally brush then floss then use mouthwash to clear out any bits dislodged while flossing

I've heard you're supposed to floss, then mouthwash, then brush.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I still have a little bit of old braces glue on my teeth :smith:

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I have one of those waterpik things that pressure washes stuff out from between your teeth, its very helpful after eating roast beef

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Do the dishes, take out trash, poop, shower, shave, floss, brush, mouthwash, clip your nails, tidy up the sink, make sure the front and back doors are locked, shut off all the lights, turn your sheets down, then you’re finally ready for sex :wiggle:

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Do the dishes, take out trash, poop, shower, shave, floss, brush, mouthwash, clip your nails, tidy up the sink, make sure the front and back doors are locked, shut off all the lights, turn your sheets down, then you’re finally ready for sex :wiggle:

When do you put on the elbow-length gloves?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I got one of those water pick flossers and the thing is amazing although I still use soft picks generally before I brush and use the water flosser after

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bismuth posted:

I have one of those waterpik things that pressure washes stuff out from between your teeth, its very helpful after eating roast beef

Heck yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I always brush first before flossing and now I'm surprised to find that's apparently the wrong way to go about things. To be honest, I doubt I would be able to tell you why if you asked me why I brush first, it just felt right to do.