Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Cacator posted:

At this point Disney can replace the entire voice cast with AI and use AI generated scripts, it's not like anyone will notice a difference.

AI Darth Vader walked so Homer could run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha8YnaGc3zY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

DaysBefore posted:

Some freak had setup a reddit subforum dedicated solely to her feet and she got doxxed a bunch (they all did before they made their Facebook pages private)

lol

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Like y'all aint on the rich evans feet subreddit

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
https://men.wikifeet.com/Richard_Evans

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

lmao

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Sunk Dunk posted:

jay's face at the exact moment rich says he enjoyed obi wan cannoli

How can one man be so cute and have such correct star wars opinions at the same time

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Who was it who recommended The Last Temptation of Christ in here a few weeks ago? QoP, maybe? I'm finally watching it and it's soooooooooo good. Dafoe is incredible in it.

I grew up in a strict Catholic household, so I can see why certain people took offense to it. Apparently the founder of EWTN (the Christian TV station, which my mom watches a lot) said it was "the most blasphemous ridicule of the Eucharist that's ever been perpetrated in this world" and "a holocaust movie that has the power to destroy souls eternally", which lmao. But like...the very opening of the movie states "This film is not based on the Gospels, but upon the fictional exploration of the eternal spiritual conflict."

This is doing more to make me like Jesus as a character than The Passion of the Christ did, that's for sure.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I watched it a while ago, it’s really good. That last shot/line :discourse:

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Sunk Dunk posted:

i hate you idiots i wish i had the bat from the natural so i could smash you all into smitheroons

Aren't you the guy that said they didn't understand the narrative of the natural anyway? How could you even use that bat? You'd be holding upside down like Eric trump holds a shovel.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Rageaholic posted:

Who was it who recommended The Last Temptation of Christ in here a few weeks ago? QoP, maybe? I'm finally watching it and it's soooooooooo good. Dafoe is incredible in it.

I grew up in a strict Catholic household, so I can see why certain people took offense to it. Apparently the founder of EWTN (the Christian TV station, which my mom watches a lot) said it was "the most blasphemous ridicule of the Eucharist that's ever been perpetrated in this world" and "a holocaust movie that has the power to destroy souls eternally", which lmao. But like...the very opening of the movie states "This film is not based on the Gospels, but upon the fictional exploration of the eternal spiritual conflict."

This is doing more to make me like Jesus as a character than The Passion of the Christ did, that's for sure.

Harvey Keitel using his Brooklyn accent. :discourse:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bingeing through Devs here, I’m a big fan of Alex Garland’s films and this just feels like a long film. It’s really good so far. Can’t wait to see Men.

Pulchritudinous
May 19, 2005
It means "to reduce by one-tenth."

Arc Hammer posted:

AI Darth Vader walked so Homer could run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha8YnaGc3zY

:vince:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Just started watching Denis Villeneuve’s Enemy and… oh, I had no idea. :stare:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I read the book it was based on close to seeing it but not close enough where I was 100% sure it was the exact same plot so the whole time I was like “drat this is a total ripoff”

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

bingeing through Devs here, I’m a big fan of Alex Garland’s films and this just feels like a long film. It’s really good so far. Can’t wait to see Men.

Devs is a great example of a “prestige” miniseries. Had an idea, used talented writing, some great performances and some really cool shots and fx to make it happen. Wrapped it up in a coherent way while still leaving some of the larger questions a bit ambiguous but you KNOW what happens to the main characters. 1 and done season that doesn’t overstay or leave you annoyed there isn’t more. Great show. Sonoya just kills it too, she was fantastic.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it’s no Obi Wan

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

sure okay posted:

You know the loss meme is dead when even the Simpsons does it

Lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JohnDiesattheEn/status/1537914176944762883

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

https://twitter.com/scurvy_bones/status/1537932138422513664?s=21&t=EgY1IIK1xpQm0uwvmOwFSQ

lmao

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/eltripol/status/1537659704049954816?s=20&t=s7saKdRjdXIDwQd0ZKU8Bg

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

If you haven't already, check out Prisoners. Lot less giant spiders, more Paul Dano being tortured

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Rageaholic posted:

This image will keep you up forever:

oh i meant to mention this after i caught the movie but i didn't remember it until now, having seen this image float around the internet for the past ~15 years i always thought it was some dumbass creepypasta slenderman photoshop or something when it showed up i clapped because i love star wars

edit: see also when i caught mulholland drive for the first time a couple months ago and the guy collapsing outside the winkies

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jun 18, 2022

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Jurnee Smollett? But she couldnt possibly... oh no no no

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Is that genderbent Jussie or something

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

So I watched Enemy and…

…well, that’s one way to end your movie, I guess.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just started it a little while ago. Even if it sucks, it's Joseph Kosinski and Claudio Miranda so it's gonna look nice.

e: Unfortunately I'm not into this and it doesn't even look particularly nice either :(

AHH F/UGH posted:

Is that genderbent Jussie or something
Did you see Lovecraft Country on HBO? She was in that. Also Birds of Prey too.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jun 18, 2022

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
https://deadline.com/2022/06/hurcules-guy-ritchie-live-action-movie-disney-aladdin-1235047935/amp/

They’re never going to stop are they

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

RLM 2022: Self-inflicted television wound

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Sucks that Rip Torn is dead. James Woods is sadly available though

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
what's the best movie about baseball (not counting moneyball)?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Remake Song of the South you cowards

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Sunk Dunk posted:

Major League

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sunk Dunk posted:

Bad News Bears.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

can't wait to see the CGI monstrosity Phil, all gross matted realistic fur, wheezing like a 77 year old actor who's not in great shape

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Sunk Dunk posted:

The Warriors

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

For Hades they can just set James Woods on fire. They can film it too, if they like

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Sunk Dunk posted:

This Ain't Field of Dreams: An XXX Parody

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
League of their own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

George H.W. oval office posted:

Remake Song of the South you cowards

CG abomination Brer Rabbit