Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Anyone have any experience with HiDive? I'm looking at it to stream LOTGH, but they suck on both fronts of devices supported and information about the series they contain.

Any way to stream to a large HDTV from an iOS device?

Can't answer anything about how it works with iOS but the android app is alright enough.

Content-wise they feel like what a modern equivalent of Blockbuster's anime section would have so that's pretty sick, makes it one of the few anime streaming services with an identity to its catalogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

End of Eva is one of those things I don't ever want to rewatch because it was so impactful and mind blowing to teenaged me I don't want bitter jaded middle aged me to ruin it

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

a pipe smoking dog posted:

End of Eva is one of those things I don't ever want to rewatch because it was so impactful and mind blowing to teenaged me I don't want bitter jaded middle aged me to ruin it

its still really great op

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

mycophobia posted:

yeah don’t be silly

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

mycophobia posted:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Srice posted:

Can't answer anything about how it works with iOS but the android app is alright enough.

Content-wise they feel like what a modern equivalent of Blockbuster's anime section would have so that's pretty sick, makes it one of the few anime streaming services with an identity to its catalogue.

their pervert section is more off-putting to me than i remember blockbuster being

but yes the rest of their stuff being a mix of old anime and female ensemble dramas is solid

marumaru
May 20, 2013

man, executioner was just really good. such an interesting world, i want to see more of it, shame that the manga seems to be real short and not go very far
really really hoping they go for a 2nd season.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

actually include a fourth fork in the hidive identity chart for isekai, not all of those will fall under one of the others

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

hidive barely has any isekai, crunchyroll is very thorough about scooping all of that up

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they're getting in on it though, it's gonna be big

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Stranded In Another World Where I Have To Curate An Anime Library

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

a pipe smoking dog posted:

you'll probably appreciate it more because it's also the most bitter ending out of the 3

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
End of Eva is by far the anime film I have rewatched the most.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Trigun reboot should keep the old OP's music.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/SunshineMoonRX/status/1537894296480731144?s=20&t=nHDHV0JH4h13dNEbM5ZtEQ

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Checks out.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

dogsicle posted:

to be fair they're pretty het

I highly doubt this was on Nightow's mind in the 90s or whatever but if I coould believe any fictional character is asexual, it's Vash.

He puts on a flirting gimmick in the anime (which is not really there in the manga from what I've been told) but it's as phony as his overall goofiness.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Any way to stream to a large HDTV from an iOS device?

Hit the cast button in the right corner, if your TV is new enough it should support it:

Another option is to download an Airplay app from your TVs app store equivalent.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

if anyone had just posted art like this i would have read helck ages ago

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Space Flower posted:

if anyone had just posted art like this i would have read helck ages ago

Helck starts like fantasy One Punch Man, but then it develops a second joke and eventually turns serious.

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

hosed up if true

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If Satoshi Kon had replaced Lil Slugger with a ruthless transport truck would that make the victims into isekai protagonists when they fall into their delusions?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Tales of Woe posted:

hidive barely has any isekai, crunchyroll is very thorough about scooping all of that up
hidive has the best isekai

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

TenementFunster posted:

hidive has the best isekai

*checks it's selection* Dunbine and Executioner this checks out

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn1JAY6M6jU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
AURA BATTORA
DUNBINE
AURA SHOOTO
DUNBINE

ATTACK

ATTACK

ATTACK

ORE WA SENSHI

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The existential nightmare - you travel to an isekai world but it's a Tomino one

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

You get isekai'd but everything's covered in branding

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
well the horrific part of the isekai in dunbine is what the people from outside the isekai world did to it and the destruction they bring back to earth from it

except in garzey's wing but i dont think tomino was conscious when he wrote garzey's wing.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Executioner really does feel like it's borrowing more from Dunbine than the modern Isekai too

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

one of the best ever

the srw version replacing the loss of the lyrics with a sax was incredible

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

mycophobia posted:

Definitely. The Eva series vs Asuka fight is still a benchmark in animation

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
So, what's the status of anime bluray production right now? It feels like a lot of series kind of fell through the cracks, possibly because of COVID, possibly because nobody wants to make blurays when they can force us all to subscribe to twenty streaming services instead. (In particular I'm wondering if I'll ever be able to get the second season of Kaguya-sama, or, God help us, The Eccentric Family.)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I will be very annoyed if the Crunchyroll/Funi merger means I just can't get physical releases of most anime anymore.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

NikkolasKing posted:

I highly doubt this was on Nightow's mind in the 90s or whatever but if I coould believe any fictional character is asexual, it's Vash.

He puts on a flirting gimmick in the anime (which is not really there in the manga from what I've been told) but it's as phony as his overall goofiness.

Isn't he literally a vegetable or something?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Clarste posted:

Isn't he literally a vegetable or something?

They're called Plants, but I think it's supposed to be more in the vein of power plant instead of growing plants. They're some form of energy being or something. They produce power and non-humanoid ones live in giant light bulb things.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jun 18, 2022

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They're still making and releasing BD's heck even low rent junk like LBX girls got a physical release

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Rand Brittain posted:

So, what's the status of anime bluray production right now? It feels like a lot of series kind of fell through the cracks, possibly because of COVID, possibly because nobody wants to make blurays when they can force us all to subscribe to twenty streaming services instead. (In particular I'm wondering if I'll ever be able to get the second season of Kaguya-sama, or, God help us, The Eccentric Family.)

I didn’t even know there was a first season blu-ray of Kaguya…

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

RareAcumen posted:

You get isekai'd but everything's covered in branding
That Time I Got Reincarnated Into Dale Earnhardt at the 1994 Willow Springs Winston 300.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
also i bought Some Merch

gonna bro tank this poo poo so fast