Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Seems to me that these podcast/patreon subscriptions need to rethink their pricing models. Anyone else think that monthly subscription costs should be higher and yearly subscriptions lower? For example.....CBBW is $7/month or $70 for a year. Minor discount for the year subscription. But I have little doubt that it's to make up for the fact that people subscribe for a month and either binge or download everything they want and cancel.

I'd be more than happy to pay a reasonable amount for CBBW....but simply cannot justify keeping it for a full year....especially when I'm already subscribed to The Flagrant Ones on top of buying whatever Big Grande puts out. Fact is....I was never a CBB listener. But I love the Andy Daly PPP. After subscribing....I'm finding that only 'Hey Randy!' is catching my attention. Still want to dig through the rest of this stuff.....but the first episodes of 'This Book Changed My Life' and 'You Can't Handle The Sleuths' were just okay. Anyways....this is probably going to end up being a subscribe and cancel thing for me for that reason. On the other hand....charge something more like $15/month or $50/year.....and I likely say screw it.....subscribe and forget about it. Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I don't think it makes sense for 3 months to cost the same as one year.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm sure they did plenty of market research before coming out with the price point. I can't see many people wanting to pay up $15/mo for CBBW and 'not subscribe at all' is a lot more attractive than paying out $50 for something in one go right now. The price points seem fine for people who actually like the service.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Breadallelogram posted:

I don't think it makes sense for 3 months to cost the same as one year.

My point is that if someone were to subscribe for a single month a few times a year....they are likely able to listen to everything they want anyways. I'd think that making a year long subscription more attractive would work in their favor. Maybe not. But right now it encourages: subscribe cheap, get the backlog of everything you want, and cancel.

I'm just saying that my interest in CBBW doesn't extend too far out from the ADPPP. So chances are that I will be someone who listens and cancels....because I cannot justify paying $70/year for a bunch of content that I won't listen to. Not a big deal. But I'd be far more apt to subscribe for the year if the subscription costs were more persuasive towards it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Just do what I'm doing and split with a friend. We went in on a year together and just share the links. Easy peasy.

35 bucks is a steal for CBB World.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

LesterGroans posted:

Just do what I'm doing and split with a friend. We went in on a year together and just share the links. Easy peasy.

35 bucks is a steal for CBB World.

My friends have shown very little interest in podcasts I listen to....or I would. Will probably just subscribe every few months and then cancel. Can't justify the year for ADPPP and an occasional presents.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
That's what I do with Action Boyz, subscribe a couple times a year and listen to the backlog.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
For me Actionboyz is appointment listening so I gladly give them the 8 bucks every month. On the other hand, I signed up for Flagrant Ones a month or so ago, and while I love HH, I don't really care for almost every other show so I'm thinking about dropping it. The clutter of them all being in the same feed is half the reason I want to quit.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Borrowed Ladder posted:

For me Actionboyz is appointment listening so I gladly give them the 8 bucks every month. On the other hand, I signed up for Flagrant Ones a month or so ago, and while I love HH, I don't really care for almost every other show so I'm thinking about dropping it. The clutter of them all being in the same feed is half the reason I want to quit.
a while ago they did do a thing where you can get each feed as it's own rss or whatever podcast apps use. i did not look up how to do it cause i listen to almost all the stuff on there.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Shaaaadooow Woo-ooolves.

ABZ is still the best Bang for your buck, alongside CBB World.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Sleuths continues to knock it out of the park. I adore that show.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Andy I don't know if moving to florida was a bit but I hope you don't have to do it

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

Sleuths continues to knock it out of the park. I adore that show.

I thought it was really neat to see where it was recorded https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce1ar-6pNx5/?igshid=NWRhNmQxMjQ=

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I love the voice overs that Will does whenever he gets some piece of trivia wrong, but has zero impact on anything.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

We were spoiled with Stitcher....which is funny because a lot of people hated it.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I liked the one where you could just go into the html and download the episode that way. Jeff Ulrich come back

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I mean, my Stitcher subscription lapsed like 8 months ago and I can still listen to old "paywalled" I4H episodes on the web when I'm logged in

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

feedmyleg posted:

I mean, my Stitcher subscription lapsed like 8 months ago and I can still listen to old "paywalled" I4H episodes on the web when I'm logged in

Security through Obscurity
...in your EAR HOLES

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

I used a one month free code for stitcher premium and it gave me a year free, then when it wanted to automatically resubscribe for another year I couldn’t cancel because I technically didn’t have an account

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Franchescanado posted:

Shaaaadooow Woo-ooolves.

ABZ is still the best Bang for your buck, alongside CBB World.

I had Doughboys for a year, then switched a few months ago to ABZ, it's a lot sharper in terms of talking about hollywood stuff or peoples reputations. Doughboys tend to just poo poo on celebrities they aren't connected to in some what, whereas ABZ tend to go two footed on whoever they think would be funny to talk poo poo about. I love it. I will go back to Doughboys sometime next year and hope none of all of them die so I can keep listening.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Von Linus posted:

I had Doughboys for a year, then switched a few months ago to ABZ, it's a lot sharper in terms of talking about hollywood stuff or peoples reputations. Doughboys tend to just poo poo on celebrities they aren't connected to in some what, whereas ABZ tend to go two footed on whoever they think would be funny to talk poo poo about. I love it. I will go back to Doughboys sometime next year and hope none of all of them die so I can keep listening.

I love Doughboys, but listening to it tempts me to eat like poo poo. Every single time.

Hilarious show, though.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Bananas for Bonanza is usually one of my favorite listens of the week and holy poo poo this week's is unhinged

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Maria really went for it and it was great.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Sometimes when Maria Bamford turns it on, the off switch just goes away for a while. Absolute force of nature.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I'm still floored they have Maria Bamford on as a regular. Not that she's A-List or anything, but she's such a loving good comic as to my knowledge isn't really that present on the podcast circuit.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Yeah I've always been under the impression she tours a ton. She's coming here in October, I'll have to check a show out.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I figure that's why they're on the Bonanas/Bonusnanas/Extravaganza cycle, because a weekly show that requires her to watch something wouldn't work for her.

She'll be in Philly next month, and this week just reaffirmed that I absolutely must go.

e: not the Daly or Gourley aren't also doing stuff, but I don't think they tour anywhere near as much.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm behind on my podcasts. The new Bonanas episodes are paywalled right?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

RandomPauI posted:

I'm behind on my podcasts. The new Bonanas episodes are paywalled right?

They're part of CBBWorld, yeah. It's all A+ stuff tho.

Bunch of episodes of them shooting poo poo over Bonanza, and a handful of Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project successor one-offs, and in addition to that random episodes where Dalton Wilcox tries to open up his own Ponderosa restaurant, including having a brief but amazing conversation with a Ponderosa agent.

It's good good stuff.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I'm glad that they've solved the episode numbering issue so that Bonusnanza Extravaganza episodes can get back to being ADPPP-style one-offs. Not that I haven't been enjoying the story of Dalton and Mutt staging a heist/trip to Dubai with Joe Walsh, but it's a lot of continuity to keep track of.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

JethroMcB posted:

Sometimes when Maria Bamford turns it on, the off switch just goes away for a while. Absolute force of nature.

Daly and Gourley alone make for great podcasts. Maria Bamford added to the mix is brilliant.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

The World Inferno posted:

They're part of CBBWorld, yeah. It's all A+ stuff tho.

Bunch of episodes of them shooting poo poo over Bonanza, and a handful of Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project successor one-offs, and in addition to that random episodes where Dalton Wilcox tries to open up his own Ponderosa restaurant, including having a brief but amazing conversation with a Ponderosa agent.

It's good good stuff.

I was pleasantly surprised to find new ADPPP episodes mixed into the BFB feed. The first two that I listened to weren't great though. The Schmiederberg Pretzels was decent....but I didn't care for The Royal Roundup. I'm hoping that they do a follow up to Ship to Shore with L Ron Hubbard. May be my favorite ADPPP.

Also....hoping that CBBW somehow gets new Superego going. Already have half the group actively involved.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

tanks but no tanks :hellyeah:

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Ashohn talking about why he thinks DH in MLB is the worst thing in baseball because "it sets a bad precedent"......is lousy podcasting. CCHC has grown on me since it debuted...but man....Ashohn sounds like a pretentious idiot at times.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Pitchers should be forced to hit the ball and run the bases

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Pitchers should be forced to hit the ball and run the bases

Nothing is cooler than when a pitcher hits a home run.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

the NL was right

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
if you think universal dh is dumb wait until they ban the shift

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

eh in all honesty making the game more offensively oriented to get the ball in play more often makes it more fun to watch for me, im not real het up about the changes. i'll just miss stuff like bartolo colon hitting dingers and chugging his way down to first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Scott is truly deranged to think that the Missing Pieces make Fire Walk with Me better.