Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

PostNouveau posted:

I was confused by Kimiko and Frenchie kissing because I'd assumed they were just full-time romantic partners at this point.

In the hospital, he calls her "mon coeur", which means "my heart", so he feels at least something for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

tokin opposition posted:

Lol this loving thread is so bad at watching TV

It was clearly meant as gay panic, and the giant pink washing ad with mauve was meant to reinforce that

I'm trans and gay. I'm in some radical circles.

I watched it and thought "Oh yeah Soldier Boy was on ice for 40 years", that would be wild to see.

And then moved on.

Mat Cauthon posted:

SB's reaction on the street seemed more like "huh, would you look at that" in the sense of being mildly surprised that homosexuality was so publicly visible and accepted than being offended or intolerant. Not to say he isn't a bigoted rear end in a top hat in some way shape or form but it's definitely low on his list of things to worry about.

The guy reacts more strongly to an ad for the Dawn of the Seven movie on the side of a bus than basically anything else.

Bingo

Open Source Idiom posted:

I'm gonna be honest, Katia Winter is selling the hell out of the lines, but all her lines kinda suck. "You work for me now." "It's never stopped you before. Call me when it's done." She's a subplot villain who's just there to harass Frenchie and give him something to do this season. She's not interesting.

Also, I wonder how much of this is down to Tomer Capone not being quite up to the level of some of the other regulars.

A theme of the season seems to be Broken Love. Hugie is breaking Starlight's love for him. Butcher is breaking the tainted love that The Boys had for him. There are a ton more examples wrt. Soldier Boy and blah blah, but it's 4am. Bottom line is, I suspected, and knew the moment that they kissed, that Frenchie is going to kill that woman and that child, and it's going to make Kimiko utterly unable to be with him or even look at him.

He should communicate, but lol. lmao. When has a character ever done that?!

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Bust Rodd posted:

Shang-Chi features a completely sexless friendship in which Awkwafina quits her job to follow Shang to China and they don't so much as hold hands in the film. It goes to great lengths to have them NOT be a couple, despite the insistence of her mom.

I don't count them yet because the little bits of her ogling his jackedness make me suspect that's a sequel B-plot

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
For me the biggest miss of the season is Frenchie, not because of the plot per se’ but because I just don’t really understand how this Russian gangster has the ability to just threaten and harass CIA contract killers with direct Federal oversight. Frenchie and Kimiko are literally intelligence assets contracted for a federal bureau, some pierogi folding chain smoker can’t just snap her fingers and make Frenchie poo poo himself that way, or at least the show really didn’t make any effort to lay that groundwork.

My other complaint is that each episode is barely an hour long, I love all these characters. I want more Maeve and Serge, give me another 15-20 minutes of these people!!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
frenchie will be fine

she'll probably threaten him with Frankie from the gbs threads and then get her face torn off

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

TyrantWD posted:

This is starting to sound a lot like Stormfront is not a Nazi. Didn’t MM explicitly say Soldier Boy harassed a lot of black families back in the day?

No, he was talking about the Blue Hawk, the guy who went nuts in the community centre this episode.

edit: I'm pretty sure. Can't remember off hand any dialogue about Soldier Boy like that, but I'm going to rewatch the show anyway and I'll keep an eye out.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I wouldn't be surprised if Soldier Boy gives some speech about how this modern world disgusts him; it would be a good way to justify him going absolutely kamikaze and just trying to destroy everything. Either that or, he specifically wants to take out Homelander so he can take back his power and "set things right." He doesn't really need to be super bigoted in any particular way for that to work but it would also make sense if he is. I just, feel like we're more likely to get bad revelations about him than anything pleasant you know?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
I found it jarring that Homelander couldn't be bothered to actually, you now, fly around and LOOK FOR THE GUY. He's super fast, you'd figure he could gather up leads super quick. I would assume he'd jump at the chance of having some huge setpiece battle with a supervillain to show off his power.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

roomtone posted:

I think I'm most curious about where this is all heading - because I suspect it's going to end up with Butcher and Hughie going 'too far' on something, causing some innocent deaths or taking joy in killing someone, whatever, and end up condemning that approach in favour of Starlight and MM who were tut tutting all along. It'll be interesting to see politically where it ends up, is the boys going to say look, no matter how violent and insane the conditions are, the only ethical approach is to play by the rules invented by the people who ignore them, or will it surprise me by not saying that.

I think there's room to end up with "you gotta fight outside the system to beat Vought but try and set some lines at least"; though who knows if the writers can or will pull that off

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Panfilo posted:

I found it jarring that Homelander couldn't be bothered to actually, you now, fly around and LOOK FOR THE GUY. He's super fast, you'd figure he could gather up leads super quick. I would assume he'd jump at the chance of having some huge setpiece battle with a supervillain to show off his power.

Somebody mentioned earlier that Homelander might have recognized him and might be afraid of him.

Gynovore posted:

In the hospital, he calls her "mon coeur", which means "my heart", so he feels at least something for her.

He's called her that since at least Season 2, maybe even in Season 1

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Panfilo posted:

He's management now, he doesn't have to actually work anymore.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

roomtone posted:

I think I'm most curious about where this is all heading - because I suspect it's going to end up with Butcher and Hughie going 'too far' on something, causing some innocent deaths

They already got 19 killed but no one bothered to mention it

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Martman posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Soldier Boy gives some speech about how this modern world disgusts him...

Then someone introduces him to Vought's version of Tinder.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Took me a moment to realise it was paul reiser and not andy garcia.

This has probably been the most “filler” episode yet but in a show that’s been stellar it’s totally fine to have a filler ep.

That blue hawk guy and ashley are such shitheels omg.

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jun 18, 2022

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
We can all agree that blue hawk sucks rear end and it's going to be fun seeing him get terminally owned, probably by a train

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

BlackIronHeart posted:

It's stunning to me that some people really think this show goes after 'both sides' when it's very clear they're just nonstop dumping on the American right wing.

It's because Butcher and people around him are the "tough hard men" who talk a lot of poo poo and get poo poo done that right wingers envision themselves as that the show goes to great lengths to show how toxic and often self-defeating they are.

quote:

This has probably been the most “filler” episode yet but in a show that’s been stellar it’s totally fine to have a filler ep.

I don't think I agree with that. A lot happened. And the writing was fantastic because every subplot has a parallel with other characters or social commentary that is totally organic

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Consummate Professional posted:

He's management now, he doesn't have to actually work anymore.

I think it's kind of important to note that homelander probably hasn't had to actually fight someone who could, potentially, be a threat to him before as far as we can tell. It's all been human criminals that he could pulp safely without risk. The only other "villain" we've seen was taken out by Black Noire, who seems to be the one tasked with all the dangerous jobs.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Uuuuuuuh I really love this show but the Social Issue Sound Bite style writing has been completely inorganic. As soon as someone becomes a SOCIAL ISSUE they just immediately devolve into a series of terminally online catch phrases and it 100% breaks my immersion every time. It happens every single time, and it happens multiple times in this past episode alone.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Bust Rodd posted:

Uuuuuuuh I really love this show but the Social Issue Sound Bite style writing has been completely inorganic. As soon as someone becomes a SOCIAL ISSUE they just immediately devolve into a series of terminally online catch phrases and it 100% breaks my immersion every time. It happens every single time, and it happens multiple times in this past episode alone.

Syq

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Bust Rodd posted:

It's supposed to do that because it's supposed to illustrate how dumb and trite it is to constantly hear that poo poo in real life.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

With a show with this many characters you tend to have to cut corners. Blue Hawk going unhinged and screaming All Lives Matter!! is a great actually used in real life example because anyone who unironically utters the phrase is just attempting to paper over and make their racism and racist ideology more appealing with progressive-sounding soundbites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKsuxiu7lAE

A great example.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
As weird as this show and its source material is, it pales in comparison to the print version of Mark Millar's Wanted, with the dude who looked like Steve Buscemi who was unremarkable in every way yet had a twelve inch sentient cock that had the IQ of Lex Luthor - and could *speak*.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
For sure the weirdest comic books of that era, and Morrison really goes off the deep end after this and his books get even weirder from there. But for sure if you have the opportunity and like truly weird comics then read the goddam invisibles. It makes Wanted look like Spider-Man, it goes to truly devious places

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

roomtone posted:

I think I'm most curious about where this is all heading - because I suspect it's going to end up with Butcher and Hughie going 'too far' on something, causing some innocent deaths or taking joy in killing someone, whatever, and end up condemning that approach in favour of Starlight and MM who were tut tutting all along. It'll be interesting to see politically where it ends up, is the boys going to say look, no matter how violent and insane the conditions are, the only ethical approach is to play by the rules invented by the people who ignore them, or will it surprise me by not saying that.

I feel like it's one weakness of the writing that starlight and MM present no solutions, or theirs immediately fail like supersonic spilling the beans and getting fried.

"Hughie, no! You can't do this. Taking V and teaming up with murderers!"

There's a way worse murderer to take out, who threatens you specifically, and if you have a better idea I'm all ears...

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

From what I've skimmed about Wanted and Millar's... other offerings... idk that doesn't really track with me. Invisibles is certainly weird and incorporates a ton of real-world conspiracy theory stuff + psychedelic and mythological imagery in a really unique way but like, it's actually weird. Not just "edgy 13 year old saying as many swears as possible" weird.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I think it makes sense that starlight doesn’t have solutions. Appealing to peoples’ better nature requires them to have a better nature. Doing the right thing isn’t always a choice between the wrong thing and the right thing, sometimes it’s a choice between a plausible thing and waiting for a better opportunity. Like, she probably could’ve forced Ashley to tell her what’s going on, but that would’ve risked Ash’s life.

Starlight has almost used her powers a lot this season but hasn’t actually used them, because the people she wants to fight overpower her. The supe lifestyle is built around violence and supremacy, and they can’t really handle nuance. Homelander can’t handle a shareholders meeting, blue hawk can’t handle criticism, the deep is an imbecile who crippled a department when they would’ve been useful.

Many, many people in this episode hosed up because they Made A Choice instead of doing nothing. A Train, Deep, Maeve, soldier boy killing 19 people. SB was probably smart to leave Russia, but by engaging in cold blooded score settling, he killed nineteen people when he only really wanted to get one.

I think the clichés and the truisms, especially from right wing characters, is extremely accurate. You can get by repeating the same few phrases: critical race theory, allegedly, main stream media, Family values, and when the camera‘s around, they just hammer the same buttons over and over. And it works!

The only thing I was disappointed by was Maeve not having an answer for “you’re really disloyal and suspicious, person who’s been training four months to murder me.” Feels like she would have at least a few excuses ready.

Agreed that they don’t have much for Homelander to do anymore, between intimidating and killing people, he needs a new gear.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

tokin opposition posted:

We can all agree that blue hawk sucks rear end and it's going to be fun seeing him get terminally owned, probably by a train

Now I'm thinking A-Train is perfectly fine and Vought just had the doctors all tell him he'll be hosed if he tries using his powers in order to keep him, well, subjugated.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I cannot wait for Blue Hawk to get loving owned, it's one of the things I'm looking forward to most this season. A-Train is absolutely dying in the (hopefully successful) attempt though.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Maybe A-Train will say "gently caress it," use his powers one last time to take out a bad guy and actually act sort of heroic, and then explode gruesomely

Or, you know, this show being what it is, maybe he'll try to do that and Homelander will effortlessly clothesline his head off. Would be a good way to get something like the Maeve ending from the comic.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah the show very much seems to be building towards a "live for nothing, die for something" moment with him. My bets are on just splattering Blue Hawk and then collapsing from a heart attack, a very non-super death.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Habibi posted:

Now I'm thinking A-Train is perfectly fine and Vought just had the doctors all tell him he'll be hosed if he tries using his powers in order to keep him, well, subjugated.

We’ve seen him holding his chest after trying to use his powers repeatedly, the entire first season was about how he was addicted to drugs to keep his performance up.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 34 hours!)

let's give a-train some temp v and see what happens

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

can you boof the v

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

I feel like it's one weakness of the writing that starlight and MM present no solutions, or theirs immediately fail like supersonic spilling the beans and getting fried.

"Hughie, no! You can't do this. Taking V and teaming up with murderers!"

There's a way worse murderer to take out, who threatens you specifically, and if you have a better idea I'm all ears...

To be fair to Starlight, the situation with Soldier Boy was basically:

Hughie: I needed to take Temp V because we have to deal with Soldier Boy and without superpowers I can't stop him, superpowers were needed and I don't have them so what else could I do?
Starlight: I have superpowers.
Hughie: Yeah but that makes me feel emasculated so that option is out the window.

Then it turns out that he was in on Butcher's plan to team up with Soldier Boy anyway. If the aim was to throw Soldier Boy at Homelander in the hopes he can hurt him or even depower him long enough for a V'ed up Butcher to laser-eye him to death, then why does Hughie need super powers? He knew he didn't need them but took the temp V anyway because what he really wants is to feel "powerful", because despite his success and rising status in the world he still feels like less of a "man" because his girlfriend is stronger than him.

As for MM, his plan appeared to be to use a system he knows works to incapacitate Soldier Boy. After that, I'm assuming he would have put him into the Colonel's care where he would be off the table as a threat who could kill more innocent people like his family or the 19 people who got wiped out in the recent explosion, and maybe he could have a little closure on his own trauma and finally put that part of his life behind him to focus on the future and his daughter.

Both MM and Starlight's plans are about what MM said: drawing a line so you stay human. Butcher and increasingly Hughie are becoming "the ends justify the means" types which means they're both on the way to becoming the same thing that they supposedly hate - superpowered monsters who do whatever they want with impunity and get away with it because it supposedly serves some "greater good".

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 34 hours!)

Jerusalem posted:

To be fair to Starlight, the situation with Soldier Boy was basically:

Hughie: I needed to take Temp V because we have to deal with Soldier Boy and without superpowers I can't stop him, superpowers were needed and I don't have them so what else could I do?
Starlight: I have superpowers.
Hughie: Yeah but that makes me feel emasculated so that option is out the window.

Then it turns out that he was in on Butcher's plan to team up with Soldier Boy anyway. If the aim was to throw Soldier Boy at Homelander in the hopes he can hurt him or even depower him long enough for a V'ed up Butcher to laser-eye him to death, then why does Hughie need super powers? He knew he didn't need them but took the temp V anyway because what he really wants is to feel "powerful", because despite his success and rising status in the world he still feels like less of a "man" because his girlfriend is stronger than him.

I've talked about Hughie's insecurity being a thing they've thrown in to make his actions less justifiable - it's not a story point I like, but even if you accept it, Starlight's hang-up about the plan wasn't that Hughie was taking the V, it was that soldier boy was a murderer. If she agreed with the plan, she would still be angry about the temp v, but she would've gone along with them. Instead she watches them go, offering no alternative ideas of what to do about the impending nuclear bomb running Vought.

Last episode she said they absolutely had to get the weapon, the plan had to work. Now she's changed her mind because she thinks the weapon is a bad person, but is he worse than homelander? She doesn't know, she just draws her line. That's okay for her but it's doesn't help anybody.

quote:

As for MM, his plan appeared to be to use a system he knows works to incapacitate Soldier Boy. After that, I'm assuming he would have put him into the Colonel's care where he would be off the table as a threat who could kill more innocent people like his family or the 19 people who got wiped out in the recent explosion, and maybe he could have a little closure on his own trauma and finally put that part of his life behind him to focus on the future and his daughter.

I don't remember MM talking about having a specific plan for what to do with soldier boy, and he only found out he was alive at the end of last episode.

If he did plan to capture Soldier Boy though, it's still not a good plan. His powers have changed/enhanced. They all know this, so the idea of taking him against his will might not even be possible at this point. It makes a lot more sense to try and turn him into an asset first, rather than immediately make an enemy of him - and the temp v gives them some insurance if he turned out to be hostile, which he didn't (yet). That's what Butcher and Hughie are doing in this episode.

quote:

Both MM and Starlight's plans are about what MM said: drawing a line so you stay human. Butcher and increasingly Hughie are becoming "the ends justify the means" types which means they're both on the way to becoming the same thing that they supposedly hate - superpowered monsters who do whatever they want with impunity and get away with it because it supposedly serves some "greater good".

I get what you're saying, but the v they are using being temporary isn't an insignificant distinction. They aren't on their way to becoming superpowered monsters, because they have a very short term timeframe on when they will return to being human - regardless of Hughie loving the experience, he physically can't become a permanent supe and the temp v supplies are limited and will run out.

So it's not the same thing, really. There's no slip to the slope.

It's basically a decision on whether you want to stick to your emotional line in the sand and lose, or cross it and even the playing field. There is the option of doing nothing and just leaving the situation, but there would be consequences to that as well. Every time Homelander killed someone from then on, it's a little bit your fault, because you had a chance and didn't take it.

The stakes are so heightened that there are few real life situations you can imagine that would be analogous but I think if somebody had the nuclear codes and were threatening to launch, you would be justified in using a less destructive weapon to kill them - a gun, a smaller bomb, whatever. How could you justify not doing that? The difference between temp v and homelander is comparable.

roomtone fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jun 18, 2022

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Dalael posted:

Gonna be honest, this kind of attitude kinda bugs me. LIke, what do you guys want/ a complete backstory of every character to show exactly who they are or what they can do? She's russian mob. Tell me, in real life, would you need an introduction and a bunch of cliparts before you take a mob boss seriously?

Its like the other guy upthread who wants more of The board of loving director of Vought. Jesus loving christ. Stop watching TV, its clearly not meant for you.

Being honest, I think maybe tv isn't for you, and what you're looking for is...a book? There'd be no visual to get in the way.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

roomtone posted:

Last episode she said they absolutely had to get the weapon, the plan had to work. Now she's changed her mind because she thinks the weapon is a bad person, but is he worse than homelander? She doesn't know, she just draws her line. That's okay for her but it's doesn't help anybody.

At the time she thought it was literally a weapon: an object that somebody could take and use that would kill a seemingly invincible superhuman. That it turned out just to be ANOTHER invincible superhuman, one who immediately kills 19 innocent people as soon as he is back in America, is a pretty good explanation for why she's not on board with the plan anymore.

roomtone posted:

I don't remember MM talking about having a specific plan for what to do with soldier boy, and he only found out he was alive at the end of last episode. MM went along with Butcher's plan other than taking the temp V. Correct me if I'm wrong.

After they discover Soldier Boy is alive, MM wants to stay in Russia initially to stay on the trail but is guilted by Butcher into getting Kimiko back to the States for medical treatment, and rather callously states that it is Russia's problem now. Then it turns out Soldier Boy made it back, a bunch more innocent people died just like happened to MM's own family which he now feels complicit in.... but he's still committed to holding himself to a higher standard than the monsters they're chasing. Butcher doesn't really have a plan for him to follow beyond going after Soldier Boy, it's MM who structures the plan around using the sedative gas to incapacitate him: we see earlier in the episode that he's watching the experimentation tapes, he's seeing how the Russians kept Soldier Boy locked down, he's researching and planning while Butcher (and Hughie) just immediately jump to the nuclear option of taking the Temp V instead of actually thinking or strategizing. Just like the superpowered people they hate, they're immediately relying on powers over everything else to shortcircuit achieving their goals, the temp V has already changed them in that regard, while MM continues to operate from the POV of,"I don't have powers, I don't want powers, and that means I have to think to achieve my goals".

roomtone posted:

I get what you're saying, but the v they are using being temporary isn't an insignificant distinction. They aren't on their way to becoming superpowered monsters, because they have a very short term timeframe on when they will return to being human - regardless of Hughie loving the experience, he physically can't become a permanent supe and the temp v supplies are limited and will run out.

So it's not the same thing, really. There's no slip to the slope.

I think we've already seen - particularly from Hughie - that the Temp V gives them a high that is dangerously addictive. Butcher himself refers to it leaving all other drugs he's ever tried in the dust, after Hughie first uses his powers we see him looking high as a kite riding in the van completely oblivious to Frenchie and MM freaking out trying to keep Kimiko alive. Butcher literally sees Hughie as a kid (Lenny? I forget the exact background details of his brother from last season but I assumed it was him?) when he's puking during the come-down and clearly feels deep guilt for what he's allowing Hughie to do to himself as part of his own vendetta, and admits to Maeve how much he detests himself for relying on that power.... but he still uses it.

I think it's very much a slippery slope in that it doesn't take much to see Hughie at least and potentially even Butcher deciding that they simply can't leave aside the strategic advantage that taking V gives them, and they try to source Compound V (which we saw Homelander give to Victoria last episode, so it's absolutely an accessible and usable option), especially as their source for the Temp V, Maeve, is now off the table.

roomtone posted:

Every time Homelander killed someone from then on, it's a little bit your fault, because you had a chance and didn't take it.

This is incidental to all the above, and not aimed at you at all, I just wanted to note that one of my least favorite tropes in television is when a character says,"It's YOUR fault that <x> killed all those people because you didn't do <y>", because I always want the response to be,"I'm pretty sure that it's <x>'s fault that they killed those people :colbert:" - feeling complicit is one thing, taking the blame for it happening is quite another.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

"If you kill him, you'll be just like him" is a common, overdone trope. Particularly in franchises where the heroes are constantly slaughtering nameless goons, but draw the line at someone actually powerful.

Although in this case it's more complicated because they're merely gathering resources for an attempt to kill Homelander, and disagreeing about how far they should go to do it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
For the record, Homelander just told her in no uncertain terms that if she angers him he will kill Hughie and she can’t do a thing about it. At least with the V he can just teleport away from the eye lasers.

Hughie might be feeling emasculated but Starlight can’t actually protect him and he’s right to be afraid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Panfilo posted:

I thought it was very obvious that Homelander recognized what had happened, was afraid of Soldier Boy and was just looking for any excuse not to confront him.