Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
HERE WE GO LADS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost
WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :woop: :woop: :bubblewoop: :dance: :getin:

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Wifi Toilet posted:

It's happening gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0XBlNSxyrw

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

is it good when my store of value drops 5% in 3 minutes?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Glad I was here to share in this with y'all together.

the last signal...
Apr 16, 2009
it's recovering, last chance to buy before 100k

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Lmao that cliff

Eth looks pretty close to $1k too

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Really this is good for bitcoin because it illustrates the decentralized nature of modern finance and furthermore, wait, why are they taking my car? hello? where did all my money go...

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.
:yeshaha:

I'm curious what made it tank so hard right now, as the price dropped over 5% in about 20 minutes.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

nnnotime posted:

:yeshaha:

I'm curious what made it tank so hard right now, as the price dropped over 5% in about 20 minutes.

some whale offloaded a bunch of coins

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Someone got a huge margin call or something that's insane

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

priznat posted:

Lmao that cliff

Eth looks pretty close to $1k too

I had aggr up when it happened.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Booyah- posted:

is it good when my store of value drops 5% in 3 minutes?

Assuming you use bullets as currency and survived the gunfight, yes

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
LMAO see yall in the morning. that 20k barrier was real.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Words cannot describe my happiness.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

notwithoutmyanus posted:

I had aggr up when it happened.

Yeah eth is making GBS threads the bed too, which should put paid to the lie. it's all loving bunk. if BTC collapses everything goes with it.

BTC

ETH

Pam at the office - it's the same picture. Surely the mask is coming off for some people at this point. Wait no - diamond hands are holding. It's gonna be a fun few days.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
weird that i decided to check in on this thread this very moment. huh

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

someone forgot to print more stablecoins. don't worry they'll be back in a couple hours to get bitcoin back up to 20k

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
well this was worth staying up i guess

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

ETH dipped below 1k :cawg:

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

19.191k boiz. I don't think I can go to bed. I wanna see 18k. loving small buy orders are going crazy to hold above this - but no actual volume. it's gonna happen imo. best f2p game ever.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

squirrelzipper posted:

19.191k boiz. I don't think I can go to bed. I wanna see 18k.

Nearly kissed 19k but rescue arrived

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
This is a great time to watch on aggr, market is going nuts. No rescue at all so far, to be honest.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Since Crypto doesn't really have anywhere to lose the USD per se*, Im super excited to find out in a decade about a large community of English speakers in non-extradition countries with large bank accounts

*I mean via operating like salaries and office space and depreciating assets. Theft in this case keeps the money intact, just directly to the thiefs account

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

crying tears of joy

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Yes! I'd been watching it bounce off the $20k barrier for the last day or so, and it's good to see it finally break.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Barudak posted:

Since Crypto doesn't really have anywhere to lose the USD per se*, Im super excited to find out in a decade about a large community of English speakers in non-extradition countries with large bank accounts

*I mean via operating like salaries and office space and depreciating assets.

Here's how obvious it is.

Guess what market just woke up in the last two hours this morning, where it's now 10:27 AM?
*Russia*. In case you were wondering who's money laundering this drop, it's the same as always. Russia is a drain on the US by getting idiots into crypto.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

Nearly kissed 19k but rescue arrived

Yeah but ETH downward pressure has it dipping to 990 or so constantly, BTC is is 19.2 right now it's gonna happen I think

e; also from what I can gather there's no volume in this really, so a big whale buy could push up but any retail or whale leaving will tank this poo poo immediately.

I'm honestly a little surprised to see the market move like this when the equity markets are closed, I'd have thought the dream sellers would be able to stabilize while the equity and bond markets are quiet for a bit. This doesn't bode well imo for the bros.

squirrelzipper fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jun 18, 2022

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Same day as Tether started claiming a coordinating conspiracy to bring it down on Vice :cawg: Nothing suspicious there!

quote:

"Tether Condemns False Rumours About Its Commercial Paper Holdings," the firm denies rumors that 85 percent of its holdings are commercial papers—a type of short-term debt—in China and Asia that are being traded at a 30 percent discount. Tether goes on to claim that these rumors are part of a "coordinated" attempt to generate profits from a failing Tether.

“These rumours are completely false and likely spread to induce further panic in order to generate additional profits from an already stressed market," the blog states. "Tether condemns such attempts which oftentimes see simple users take the biggest hit, while few coordinated funds increase their profits."

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

It’s hypnotic watching it tank live

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

smellmycheese posted:

It’s hypnotic watching it tank live

It really is. Like I know the slow mo traincrash thing is a stereo-type, but it is that. I've had a window open all day, just waiting for <20k. Now I can't leave. I have to see. I don't have a penny in this but man it's compelling.

e; ETH is fighting for dear loving life at 1k. Like the .32 cents over that is a battleground.

squirrelzipper fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jun 18, 2022

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I haven't been this delighted by Saturday morning content since I was a kid. Fantastic way to start the weekend!

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
about 4k coins sold within the same minute across exchanges, I guess someone didn't want to let those 20k paywalls melt

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
FTM is probably right on the precipice and should be good to watch as well. Also looking like liquidations in progress.
https://coinalyze.net/snapshot/VeT2UBDi
Scalpex can be interesting to watch but I consider aggr to be the most fun with the sounds going. Open interest has been rising, so people are continuing to open shorts.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Here's how obvious it is.

Guess what market just woke up in the last two hours this morning, where it's now 10:27 AM?
*Russia*. In case you were wondering who's money laundering this drop, it's the same as always. Russia is a drain on the US by getting idiots into crypto.

In the run-up to the 2016 election, I remember ascribing the massive rise of fake news to the inevitable conclusion to how Facebook works. It turning out to have been a deliberate Russian effort all along really took me by surprise. Occam's razor was pointing straight at greed-driven grift, and that was dead wrong.

I swear to god, if crypto turns out the exact way once the dust settles...

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
What a nice thing to wake up to.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Let’s see how r/bitcoin is doing…

quote:

In retrospect, bitcoin is behaving exactly how we want it. Bitcoin as your inflation hedge is going down because the Fed is going to kill inflation.

If the Fed fails in squashing inflation or supports it, then bitcoin should go up again.

quote:

buy more and hold so whales have less supply to dump like this.

quote:

If u liked it enough to buy it at 60k why u upset about being able to buy it at 20k? Its the same thing. Same coin. Nothings changed.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Aramis posted:

In the run-up to the 2016 election, I remember ascribing the massive rise of fake news to the inevitable conclusion to how Facebook works. It turning out to have been a deliberate Russian effort all along really took me by surprise. Occam's razor was pointing straight at greed-driven grift, and that was dead wrong.

I swear to god, if crypto turns out the exact way once the dust settles...

100 loving percent. Do you not recall there were Republicans caught mining for Russia? I'll have to dig to find it again because it gets buried, but there was some politician who was caught doing so.
The political/bitcoin angle poo poo was even in the Mueller report.
https://www.justice.gov/archives/sco/file/1373816/download . Literally all those 2016 political leaks for the Trump campaign were assisted by being paid in bitcoin.
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/business/nrcc-to-accept-bitcoin-donations Republican party taking bitcoin says plenty on top.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jun 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Russia is making big use of Bitcoin for sure. I'm talking about Putin revealing he was Satoshi Nakamoto all along, or them being behind OpenSea. Something along that scale.