Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

loquacius posted:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10038860-celtics-robert-williams-talks-injury-says-he-had-knee-drained-a-lot-during-ecf

having to have your knee "drained" sure sounds healthy

you have to get it drained when it's full of too much good basketball juice

😭

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Time posted:

lol I live in Boston you moron

you're not the guy who talks about the saints in the boston thread? I dunno man I have avatar blindness

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
im glad bill simmons is here sharing his thoughts with us

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

loquacius posted:

you're not the guy who talks about the saints in the boston thread? I dunno man I have avatar blindness

no lmao

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Time posted:

im glad bill simmons is here sharing his thoughts with us

yeah sorry not everyone can have such keen insights as "😭"

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

loquacius posted:

yeah sorry not everyone can have such keen insights as "😭"

😭

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"fatigue and injury played a pretty big role in this good team suddenly playing like poo poo"
"actually the celtics were healthy"
"what? here's an article about how one of the starters had to repeatedly have his knee drained of fluid"
"😭"

having fun online

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

loquacius posted:

"fatigue and injury played a pretty big role in this good team suddenly playing like poo poo"
"actually the celtics were healthy"
"what? here's an article about how one of the starters had to repeatedly have his knee drained of fluid"
"😭"

having fun online

😭

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

embrace me my friend and let us weep manly tears together

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

loquacius posted:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10038860-celtics-robert-williams-talks-injury-says-he-had-knee-drained-a-lot-during-ecf

having to have your knee "drained" sure sounds healthy

you have to get it drained when it's full of too much good basketball juice

had too much dawg in 'em

some sort of fish
Apr 25, 2011
they were so tired they forgot how to dribble left.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Time posted:

lol I live in Boston you moron

My condolences

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

some sort of fish posted:

they were so tired they forgot how to dribble left.

I love JB but someone gotta send him to "how to dribble" camp absolutely

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

jaylen brown is a land of contrasts, on the one hand he was the only shooter actually shooting in our bad games, on the other hand he kept disappearing into a dust cloud of Warriors and emerging with no basketball

I blame it on too much exposure to Kyrie in his impressionable youth

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I don't think it's a productive use of time for JB Bickerstaff to go to dribble camp.

some sort of fish
Apr 25, 2011

loquacius posted:

I love JB but someone gotta send him to "how to dribble" camp absolutely

think this was a much bigger issue for tatum tbh. tatum had a 48% ts while shooting 41% from 3 on more than 7 shots a game. insane stat.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Tatum is definitely why they lost. how many more chances is this guy gonna get to choke.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Femur posted:

Tatum is definitely why they lost. how many more chances is this guy gonna get to choke.

100 turnovers in the playoffs

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Femur posted:

Tatum and their bench going from real good in game one to unspeakably bad by game six.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

Tatum and their bench going from real good in game one to unspeakably bad by game six.

The East got bad between games one and six

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
I'm happy that Boston lost and also furious that the Warriors won

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

euphronius posted:

jokic is still a fraud at least .
Nuggets winning it all next year, book it

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Nuggets winning it all next year, book it

not sure Euph would survive that

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

adding a healthy all-star guard to the nuggets as constructed last year should be a title contender. the sixers should also add an all-star guard.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I have legitimately never watched Jokic play a game, and I have constructed from context that OP doesn't like him, but I have absolutely no idea why not

Despite getting MVP this year he's not even the most famous or accomplished eastern European player with an -ic name

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I didn't even see the game where Grant Williams started telling people to call him Batman but something's telling me that'd be a bad example

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Celtics offense completely disappears versus the second best defense in the league, they must've been injured! One thing we know isn't true is that the team which won and has won half of the last eight is both good at basketball and was peaking at the right time that definitely couldn't be it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah personally I hate when people say anything about sports other than that good sports man is good at sports, because then we lose sight of the core of sports discussion: the team that won the basketball trophy is good at basketball. Let's just say that over and over until the next season and nothing else because otherwise we might forget. Let me just pour myself a tall glass of healthy knee juice and we can get started

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

(to be clear, yes, obviously the Warriors are good at basketball, it's plainly obvious to anyone who saw those ridiculous 3s they kept nailing, and despite Jaylen's handle being an issue throughout the postseason you have to be good at D to really exploit it. I'm not contesting any of this. I just want to examine why the C's melted down so hard because the Dubs are not in fact the first good basketball team they ever played)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s simple the warriors had a month off and the Celtics played the two other east teams in the playoffs

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Probably the biggest difference maker for the Dubs was their bench

Steph couldn't be on 100% of the time (he's not Playoff Jimmy Buckets) but Wiggins and Poole were lights out

In earlier games Grant or White would occasionally step up to pick up some slack but in the Finals nobody did and the starters were too gassed to carry

euphronius posted:

it’s simple the warriors had a month off and the Celtics played the two other east teams in the playoffs

But then Boston lost, which retroactively proves those teams were always bad

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

TDepressionEarl posted:

adding a healthy all-star guard to the nuggets as constructed last year should be a title contender. the sixers should also add an all-star guard.

who's the All-Star guard the nuggets are adding? Jamal Murray has never been and probably never will be an all-star if that's who you mean

and Tyrese Maxey was already as good as or possibly better than current Jamal Murray in only his second season

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Stevie Lee posted:

who's the All-Star guard the nuggets are adding? Jamal Murray has never been and probably never will be an all-star if that's who you mean

and Tyrese Maxey was already as good as or possibly better than current Jamal Murray in only his second season

Correct may never be an All-Star because Ja Morant, LaMelo Ball, and Karl Anthony-Towns may crowd out him out of the young squad; but I personally maintain Jamal Murray was worthy of an All-Star slot over Ben Simmons in 2021 before he got injured. I expect Maxey and Murray to be more valuable in 2022-23 than Harden and Simmons, both of whom the All-Star guard dig was directed at.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Luka Doncic doesn't even count as young anymore, now that he's been in the conference finals he has to carry that franchise on his shoulders until he demands a trade in 2025 when he will be 26.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

loquacius posted:

I just want to examine why the C's melted down so hard because the Dubs are not in fact the first good basketball team they ever played)

Honestly I think it's just that. The C's play intense defense that normally generated a lot of their points but against a high motion team that makes defense more tiring and against a defense almost as good as their own in the half court they just ran out of weapons when their bench couldn't do anything.

They might've played some good teams but I'd argue the dubs are unique in the effort you have to spend to defend them versus what you can get in the half court. The C's are just as unselfish and willing to run but just don't have the bench depth.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
maybe the Celtics could have had a chance if they didn't give up 35 unforced turnovers per game

TDepressionEarl posted:

Correct may never be an All-Star because Ja Morant, LaMelo Ball, and Karl Anthony-Towns may crowd out him out of the young squad; but I personally maintain Jamal Murray was worthy of an All-Star slot over Ben Simmons in 2021 before he got injured. I expect Maxey and Murray to be more valuable in 2022-23 than Harden and Simmons, both of whom the All-Star guard dig was directed at.

ah, gotcha. and yeah I was blind to it then, but Simmons' only real argument for the All-Star team that year was his defense.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Stevie Lee posted:

Jamal has way better playoff statistics. His defensive stats are double Maxey's as well. Murray is definitely an all star but the guard spots are pretty crowded in the West.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

If he can come back 100 percent I'm pretty sure Murray will average 30ppg in one of the next 4 seasons.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

LastInLine posted:

Honestly I think it's just that. The C's play intense defense that normally generated a lot of their points but against a high motion team that makes defense more tiring and against a defense almost as good as their own in the half court they just ran out of weapons when their bench couldn't do anything.

They might've played some good teams but I'd argue the dubs are unique in the effort you have to spend to defend them versus what you can get in the half court. The C's are just as unselfish and willing to run but just don't have the bench depth.

I could see this argument -- specifically, in the last two games, if you watched them play they looked exhausted. Done. Sleepy. I figured that their almost-as-long-as-possible playoffs and stuff like Rob's knee and Tatum's shoulder were the main reasons, but the bench underperforming and forcing more minutes onto the starters was probably just as big a culprit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
You could tell that the young legs and athleticism of the warriors really blew old man boston out of the water. Sad to say but at grandpa tatum's age this was probably their last window for a ring. :(