Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There's no way the $100 price tag that a bunch of sites are quoting is accurate, is it? $100 for 1200 pieces?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Galaxy Explorer is up for preorder now.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Now I just need $50 more to get the gift.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Blue Moonlight posted:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The lobby of the Sanctum is really small.

Blue Moonlight posted:

That’s an absolute bargain.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

saw the GWP while supplies last until June 22. Is that still available? For some reason, I assumed it'd be out of stock immediately

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

Blue Moonlight posted:

Unfortunately, in a typically lovely Lego fashion, preorder is not available in Europe. Maybe they will activate it later, but I suspect this will simply go directly out of stock on the 1st of August otherwise. Ugh.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

bi crimes posted:

saw the GWP while supplies last until June 22. Is that still available? For some reason, I assumed it'd be out of stock immediately

Quick way to see is to go to the "Offers" page on LEGO.com. If it's out of stock then it'll be removed.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Veotax posted:

Quick way to see is to go to the "Offers" page on LEGO.com. If it's out of stock then it'll be removed.

In the US it was showing up in the cart if it hit the price threshold until yesterday, but isn't anymore. Plus all the adverts for it are gone now in the various themes, even though it's still in offers. Sorta assumed it's out of stock now but I might be wrong, although it was in stock for a few days at least.

Was really mulling over putting together an order big enough for it* but looking at that castle I'm glad I didn't, definitely getting that instead.

*Also I know people were talking about this a couple of weeks back but I'm realizing I've kinda hit Lego fatigue too in a way? When I was reading those posts I was like "no way" but the past couple of days I went through the entire store like 3 times over and just couldn't find anything I felt I wanted badly enough to justify it. For a lot of the giant sets that kid me would have killed to get I'm just thinking... it'll almost just be a chore to build. Then it just sits on the shelf forever and I feel guilty. If anything the $20-30 speed champions and starfighters and such are what I'm more drawn to now; an hour or two of fun and it's small enough that if it just gets thrown in the tub in the closet it's okay.
Well I say that and I'm definitely getting that $400 castle.

Koramei fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jun 18, 2022

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

It's still available for me. Make sure your order is above $150, $149.98 will not cut it.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Some real bullshit Galaxy Explorer is not available for pre-order in Denmark...

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

refleks posted:

It's not available for preorder anywhere in Europe as far I can see. I guess they decided not to do preorders here. Like I said my only worry is that preorders will make it sell out so it will go directly to backordered on the 1st of August. Honestly ordering stuff on Lego website is at times one of the more frustrating experience. They just can't seem to get it right for some reason.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

refleks posted:

Sorry I preordered them all.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Huh, neat. The castle seems like Pirates of Barracuda Bay where the main draw is going to be if you don't already have one of the more elaborate original ones (Black Knight's Castle comes to mind). I don't feel a strong urge to get it.

Likewise I probably would have liked to have seen a re-imagined Galaxy Commander than Galaxy Explorer :o: but so it is.

Waltzing Along posted:

Most expensive LEGO year ever. Not sure what that throwing $$$ away emoji is but yeah. Just fill the page with that.

For me this has been one of the smallest years since getting back into it. So far I've bought the Boutique Hotel, Countach, Orchid, and Succulents. Lots of cool sets but nothing's really jumping out at me enough to buy. Holding out to see what's up with the Eiffel Tower or any other random sets that might come out.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I like that Sanctum Sanctorum!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I sold my Galaxy Commander. :colbert:

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

So just some stupid speculation here, but for the 2 of the 3 big "nostalgia" sets the last year or two (Pirates and now Castle), we got a large theme set and also a similar large 3-in-1 set. Any chance of there being a Classic Space 3-in-1 on the horizon?

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

ivantod posted:

Unfortunately, in a typically lovely Lego fashion, preorder is not available in Europe. Maybe they will activate it later, but I suspect this will simply go directly out of stock on the 1st of August otherwise. Ugh.

It’s not just because I linked the US page, right?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I like that Sanctum Sanctorum!

Same! I've been looking for a third Modular to 'complete' my collection (I can only fit three on the shelf they're on) and I decided to hold off on getting the Hotel when I caught wind of the Sanctum. Definitely going to go for that.
Shame it isn't available for pre-order in the UK right now. Hopefully it will be later.

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

Blue Moonlight posted:

It’s not just because I linked the US page, right?

Definitely not, I checked the page for my own country. But it's same for all European countries. I guess it's a US-only preorder.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

ixnay posted:

Lego Sanctum Santorum
$50 less than the Daily Bugle but with only 9 minifigs instead of 25

the details look neat but they'd really have me if they threw in an extra 6 wizards

maybe (Multiverse of Madness spoilers) the illuminati from the movie so I could role play exploding Mr. Fantastic

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

The full CMF 23 line-up was announced after the stream.

Super easy pass for me, but seems great if you like holiday stuff.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Putting the Edward Smith minifig on the bridge of the LEGO Titanic where he belongs.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Sivart13 posted:

$50 less than the Daily Bugle but with only 9 minifigs instead of 25

the details look neat but they'd really have me if they threw in an extra 6 wizards

maybe (Multiverse of Madness spoilers) the illuminati from the movie so I could role play exploding Mr. Fantastic

Not having America Chavez as one of the minifigs feels weird, especially when they have three versions of Doctor Strange and some Infinity War figures.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

I must have.

(I said the same thing about the Daily Bugle a year ago logged in at midnight to get at launch, and still haven't built it because huge backlog of Lego.)

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I really want that castle but the price and lack of space hurt me.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

A Galaxy Explorer, Buzz Lightyear ship, an adhesive patch, and a second copy of Forest Hideaway for $125 after $40 of VIP points? Why yes, yes I will.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Man so many things to buy. Used the Explorer pre-order to get the forest set. Really wish the space and gold coins would come back into stock for the vip rewards.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Veotax posted:

Not having America Chavez as one of the minifigs feels weird, especially when they have three versions of Doctor Strange and some Infinity War figures.

she's in this much cheaper set which you could also use to have a big eyeball monster attack the Sanctum if desired

though there are also some eyeball monster attack elements in the Sanctum set itself so it all seems a little redundant

The America from the Gargantos set comes with a rainbow pin for her to hold in her hand, which makes it look like she's trying to fight off the monster with the power of gay. It would be nice if there was an alternate version that gave her some kind of weapon or representation of her star portal powers

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The_Doctor posted:

No ghost, no sale.

I don’t see a ghost but it looks like there’s a skeleton in one of the dungeon cells

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Is preordering new or am I just an ignorant idiot?

Basically I'm curious if this is an attempt to manage day 1 rush and if it actually helps.. like if they get 10x the orders they expected if a month and a half is enough time to ramp up production to meet sales. The site not clear on this.. the store page says "ships from Aug 1" but the post-checkout confirmation says "ships Aug 1."

Also curious how this affects the GWP stock.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

BaconCopter posted:

Mmm, another lack luster wave. They're really leaning into the costumes more and more.

That said, I'll want a bunch of those old computer screens the robit comes with.

I'm also very anti-gnome.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jun 19, 2022

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I like the body suits because a lot of times the torso underneath has something cool on it as well. That's a great set. The knight with the original crown print is worth it alone. Popcorn, captain, dragon, robot are all pretty awesome. I like that they're throwing in some holiday stuff too.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Rad Valtar posted:

I really want that castle but the price and lack of space hurt me.

Please don't doxx me.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
I'm probably going to buy the lion castle and shelve it for a few years when one of my kids is old enough to be into castle lego and big sets. If they're not, I'll just build it then. :D

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I, for one, think the new CMF look awesome. There's a snowman! All 12 look great! Dunno why anyone would complain about this wave.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Built a lot of signage lately, a lot of it intended for LUG stuff / shows!

First, a couple Texases. Did a trans flag one by request of Bun, and then a Texas flag one to go with.

Next, a LUG logo. I imagine this being integrated into a billboard or ad in the city layout. Had a lot of fun figuring out how to do that star. The back of it is fully tiled.

Li'l Insta QR so when people ask, "where can I see more of your stuff?" I don't have to respond, "sorry, I'm terrible at promoting myself." Gotta actually populate it with all my cars and stuff now. And yes, I originally wanted to brick build the QR code, but it would have been massive and expensive. Woulda looked something like this though.

This one's a brick badge, somewhere to stick the 1 x 8 bricks you get from shows and such.

Finally, this one's for our monthly build. We basically have a 10 x 12 space to build something for the city: mural, billboard, etc. I went with an in-universe Octan ad. The logo uses all 3 sizes of macaroni tile, including the new 3 x 3!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Carbohydrates posted:

First, a couple Texases. Did a trans flag one by request of Bun, and then a Texas flag one to go with.

What in Transnation!?

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I noticed that the prince's bedroom in the 90th anniversary castle has a miniature version of the old school yellow castle for him to play with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

BaconCopter posted:

Man previous series have always had something that caught my eye….but not this one.

Castle and galaxy explorer look glorious. Castle is very expensive and big though