Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Stultus Maximus posted:

Pretty awesome that Wall Street decided that bitcoin is a real thing so this bullshit is pulling down all our 401(k)/403(b) with it.

Everything was in a bubble anyhow. Not that idiots tying their companies to crypto isn't part of the problem, but massive over valulations since the covid crash are a huge part as well. This was bound to happen, like the GFC 14 years ago, something just needed to snap. Crypto being the '22 version of Lehman is very funny. Unfortunate, but funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

That’s actually wild. $20k is supposed to be one of those big walls it can’t cross and it crashed through it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

fknlo posted:

That’s actually wild. $20k is supposed to be one of those big walls it can’t cross and it crashed through it.

Bitcoin is struggling to stay above $19k right now. It dipped to $18.9 in the last 10 minutes.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

Bitcoin is struggling to stay above $19k right now. It dipped to $18.9 in the last 10 minutes.

There's a bunch of idiots trying to prop it up with mass buys, too. Its absolutely insane.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Slay the bearwhale! Its how you get richhh!!!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I'm confident that this will all somehow lead to more wall st bailouts

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

maffew buildings posted:

I'm kinda wondering if its somehow going to lead to crypto bailouts

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

RFC2324 posted:

I'm kinda wondering if its somehow going to lead to crypto bailouts

I kinda doubt it: Its a largely unregulated market, it'd be the equivalent of bailing out penny stocks.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Going to be real fun when we find out where the dark money for these exchanges and funds came from. If institutional banks had a hand in this poo poo then bailouts are for sure coming...just not for the crypto folks

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

Absolutely! Rich people will get their money back plus a little extra for the inconvenience and everyone else will lose everything. Which was how it was always going to end.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

CommieGIR posted:

I kinda doubt it: Its a largely unregulated market, it'd be the equivalent of bailing out penny stocks.

You’re right but doesn’t mean they won’t try

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

maffew buildings posted:

Going to be real fun when we find out where the dark money for these exchanges and funds came from. If institutional banks had a hand in this poo poo then bailouts are for sure coming...just not for the crypto folks

The entire market is propped up by banks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ_xWvX1n9g

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bulletsponge13 posted:

Thank you. I meant it for the room in general, and I really appreciate your thoughtful answers.
And we have some overlap in hobbies. Lol.

You’re welcome! I figured it was a general info request, but it was also a good chance for me to kind of sort my own thoughts and reasons. It also helped me to realize it was a host of reasons, not just one or two, though some obviously more than the others.

Speaking of overlap :)

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Marshal Prolapse posted:

You’re welcome! I figured it was a general info request, but it was also a good chance for me to kind of sort my own thoughts and reasons. It also helped me to realize it was a host of reasons, not just one or two, though some obviously more than the others.

Speaking of overlap :)

Oh did they bring the beaky Marines back? I always liked that design better than the frowny face helmets they went with starting in 2E.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Midjack posted:

Oh did they bring the beaky Marines back? I always liked that design better than the frowny face helmets they went with starting in 2E.

The beakies are indeed back. :)

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

lol

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1538240381933977603?s=20&t=y0R1tMBf5lIqKFgQ6vOKhQ
e:

https://twitter.com/jonkarl/status/1526378995969044481

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
What did Crenshaw do to upset the crazies??

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flikken posted:

Only thing I can think of was he abstained in the second Trump impeachment. Otherwise I have no clue.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

This will never stop being funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi2yvpdtz1M

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Those loonies were screaming about Dan Crenshaw supporting red flag laws, so I guess they were probably a bunch of domestics abusers

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

not caring here posted:

Those loonies were screaming about Dan Crenshaw supporting red flag laws, so I guess they were probably a bunch of domestics abusers

Oh, so cops.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Crenshaw has touched the poop enough that I think this counts as an attack of the face-eating jaguars

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Yesss eat your own.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Flikken posted:

It's really ultimately because he started pointing fingers at the bigger, older Republicans. They are now leveraging media influence to undermine him, as in the case of Tucker Carlson, and of course the leaked photos of him crossdressing probably came from an R oppo file for the same reason.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/mar/30/madison-cawthorn-washington-orgies-cocaine-claims

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Kesper North posted:

It's because he started pointing fingers at the bigger, older Republicans. They are now leveraging media influence to undermine him, as in the case of Tucker Carlson, and of course the leaked photos of him crossdressing probably came from an R oppo file for the same reason.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/mar/30/madison-cawthorn-washington-orgies-cocaine-claims

You're mixing them up. Dan Crenshaw /= Madison Cawthorn.

Dan Crenshaw's claim to fame was being a SEAL who hasn't yet been #MeToo'ed or found to have a collection of bones from the people he killed under his floorboards. Oh, and Pete Davidson made fun of him once so he's been "assassinated" by the Liberal Joke Media. :jerkbag:

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Dan Crenshaw's claim to fame was being a SEAL who hasn't yet been #MeToo'ed or found to have a collection of bones from the people he killed under his floorboards. Oh, and Pete Davidson made fun of him once so he's been "assassinated" by the Liberal Joke Media. :jerkbag:

There was that seal on Twitter that strongly insinuated Danny boy was indulging in hookers during their time together while Crenshaw was married. No idea how accurate though.

https://twitter.com/aspiringpeasant/status/1460405788229324801?s=24&t=5S27NvhxB4z03TCXFH957w

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

There was that seal on Twitter that strongly insinuated Danny boy was indulging in hookers during their time together while Crenshaw was married. No idea how accurate though.

https://twitter.com/aspiringpeasant/status/1460405788229324801?s=24&t=5S27NvhxB4z03TCXFH957w

That’s not even that specific, that statement probably covers a large part of the American officer corp.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Nah that's like 4 or 5 dudes, at the very most.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

I was joking about the push vs pull thing the other day but jfc.

https://twitter.com/Sheppard_David/status/1538276627012001792?s=20&t=tm7GPE-fbvNo7JajdYYigA

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
"he was a barricaded gunman"

"we couldn't unlock the door and needed a key"

"no you can't have the bodycam footage why are you asking gently caress you back the blue give us more money"

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Jesus christ, those loving cops need to be held to account for this (spoiler: they won't)

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

COOL. Looking forward to bipartisan cops get more loving money

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Discussion Quorum posted:

Crenshaw has touched the poop enough that I think this counts as an attack of the face-eating jaguars

Speaking of jaguars eating faces

https://twitter.com/LogCabinGOP/status/1537594283540115457?t=sUer04dU6I12vDhj5GaC0Q&s=19

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

COOL. Looking forward to bipartisan cops get more loving money

Clearly you want more dead children if you don’t want cops all over the country to attend my $2500 a head tactical training course called “Jiggle the Doorknob: Less Than Basic Entry Techniques for the Operator Patrolman.”

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I'm so loving confused why the Democratic party loves cops so much when it literally gains them nothing. We need reform so goddamn bad. What the gently caress they didn't even try and open the door Jesus Christ

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

I'm so loving confused why the Democratic party loves cops so much when it literally gains them nothing. We need reform so goddamn bad. What the gently caress they didn't even try and open the door Jesus Christ

Repeat after me:

The Democrats are not the party of the People. They are the party of Stability and Prosperity, and they will ruthlessly pursue whatever policies they feel promote those two things.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

maffew buildings posted:

The Democratic Party wants the bullies to like them. Be it their political opponents or the legal armed gangs who are enfranchised with literal licenses to kill and steal.

They're also terrified of being labeled ~soft on crime~.

A.o.D. posted:

Repeat after me:

The Democrats are not the party of the People. They are the party of Stability and Prosperity, and they will ruthlessly pursue whatever policies they feel promote those two things.

This too.

The DNC also loathes the fact that it has to shelter "Other" progressive/leftist groups under its tent, lest it be exposed for the true "minority" party it really is.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Oh goddamnit. You're absolutely right. Somehow I think of them both as some kind of Eyepatch Type of Guy.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

This was literally a plot in an early season of American Dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

maffew buildings posted:

Rich white democrats love cops though. Someone has to patrol their multiple rental properties.