Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Eimi posted:

I love HZD and I am sad that Aloy is somehow in this game but I can't get her anymore.

Here's hoping they add another way to unlock her + constellations :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Game would be so different without emblem domain. It unfortunately exacerbates the vaporize meta because all the vaporize units use it.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
It's really too bad shime kinda sucks to use in practice. I'm always hem and hawing about getting my Hu Tao crimson witches, but the knowledge that I'd need to grind that domain for like 2 or 3 months, just to (maybe) match the shime pieces I already incidentally picked up, always makes me reconsider. And all those lavawalkers...

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I've been grinding Crimson Witch for the past week for lack of anything better to spend my resin on. They didn't name the sands Lavawalker's Torment without reason. I don't think I've gotten a single good Witch's piece yet.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

VVV Looking good!

valuum fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jun 18, 2022

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

I'm not sure if I'm getting owned or not but in my defense(?) a moon crab is a real animal. It's like, a halloween-y crab, that looks kinda like a mildly pertubed emoji face.

Edit: nice lol

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 18, 2022

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Pulled Yelan, first 5 star. Pulled Yun Jin as well the other day, so I'm going to remake a team. I wish I had another Electro besides the Traveller.

As an aside, when you know you're just going to be doing menu poo poo for an hour, do you have a particular game world spot you leave your character while you work? I do this in every game, just haven't found my spot in Genshin yet.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

The Finn posted:

As an aside, when you know you're just going to be doing menu poo poo for an hour, do you have a particular game world spot you leave your character while you work? I do this in every game, just haven't found my spot in Genshin yet.

Liyue Harbor, for the background music. In my opinion Liyue has the best music of all the regions.

Anywhere but the senrenitea pot, where you'll constantly hear the active character's idle chatter :v:

Kale
May 14, 2010

So I admit I have no idea how to put the characters in the character showcase on this Enka Network thing and am on limited time this morning. Maybe I'll fiddle with this thing later cause it seems neat. Is it something you do in game or something though?

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Kale posted:

So I admit I have no idea how to put the characters in the character showcase on this Enka Network thing and am on limited time this morning. Maybe I'll fiddle with this thing later cause it seems neat. Is it something you do in game or something though?

You do it selecting "edit profile" (click the little pencil button near the character name):

Then just add characters to the showcase, and make sure "show character details" is enabled:

Then enter your UID on the website and wait 5 minutes for it to refresh the data (you'll see a little timer counting down).

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

The Finn posted:

Pulled Yelan, first 5 star. Pulled Yun Jin as well the other day, so I'm going to remake a team. I wish I had another Electro besides the Traveller.

Lisa isn't that bad :smith:

But also the upcoming free character in version 2.8 seems like it's gonna be Fischl

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I’m weirdly at her C5 so that’s fun

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Wait, the Pyro place is called Atlan? Why haven't I ever heard of that in game? Or did I just skip dialogue too fast or something?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's natlan and there are very few mentions of it in-game, most of them (all?) from random npcs

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

dogsicle posted:

it's natlan and there are very few mentions of it in-game, most of them (all?) from random npcs

Right, Natlan, iPhone keyboard foiled me. It's just weird since we've heard plenty about Fontaine, Snezhnaya and Sumeru after all. I happened upon a youtube video about the archons and it mentioned Natlan and I realized I know nothing about it after playing the game since launch.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i imagine part of it is that both fontaine and sumeru are bordering liyue from what little knowledge we have of the tevyat landscape, whereas natlan is on the clear other side

and then snezhnaya is kind of obvious considering, well [gestures at fatui]

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Confirming that the weapon banner fate point system thingy doesn't carry over between banners, but your overall pity count does right?

Somehow got absurdly lucky in that when I threw a few ten pulls (40 so far) at the weapon banner since I lucked into a Yelan I hit both a Skyward Harp and a PJWS, which means I could get her signature weapon if I felt like it, or if it carries over (which I don't think it does) could maybe try for Freedom Sworn for my Kaz come 2.8. If it doesn't carry over, will just go for the shiny bow now.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The only people related to natlan so far is vanessa whos been dead for like centuries

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Beluga Snail posted:

Confirming that the weapon banner fate point system thingy doesn't carry over between banners, but your overall pity count does right?

Somehow got absurdly lucky in that when I threw a few ten pulls (40 so far) at the weapon banner since I lucked into a Yelan I hit both a Skyward Harp and a PJWS, which means I could get her signature weapon if I felt like it, or if it carries over (which I don't think it does) could maybe try for Freedom Sworn for my Kaz come 2.8. If it doesn't carry over, will just go for the shiny bow now.

Yeah, the epitomized path specifically does not carry over and it's the only banner system that doesn't. It's really annoying!!

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Beluga Snail posted:

I think that's correct; the 65 soft pity / 80 hard pity carrying over and the Epitomized Path being the one that resets every time the Weapon Banner focus changes.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Stare-Out posted:

Right, Natlan, iPhone keyboard foiled me. It's just weird since we've heard plenty about Fontaine, Snezhnaya and Sumeru after all. I happened upon a youtube video about the archons and it mentioned Natlan and I realized I know nothing about it after playing the game since launch.

I think it was mentioned in like, one of their roadmap videos way back at the start, and other than that it's probably shown up in some books or stray weapon descriptions or something. No NPC is likely to mention it, because the devs use NPC dialogue to hype up the next places you're going. So you meet stray dudes from Fontaine, and find loads of people chatting about Fontaine and their cool cameras and flying taxis or whatever those kids mention. Sumeru's just been sorta in the background (rather like Snezhnaya) because it has the academy and sends people out all over the world. Seems like their plan for Natlan doesn't involve an organization that does outreach like the academia or the fatui. Probably doesn't have the sort of industries that Fontaine does that require a presence in other countries for technical reasons, either.

Regardless, we'll probably be hearing people whispering about it in Sumeru, even if it's just academics complaining about the jungle or whatever. Probably won't get constantly mentioned in every other quest involving someone important until Fontaine, though. That's about what they did with Inazuma.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Mix. posted:

i imagine part of it is that both fontaine and sumeru are bordering liyue from what little knowledge we have of the tevyat landscape, whereas natlan is on the clear other side

and then snezhnaya is kind of obvious considering, well [gestures at fatui]

Yeah Snezhnaya has been pretty prominent from the start, with Sumeru creeping in more and more and Fontaine being mentioned here and there and people from there being featured in some pretty big events over time, but Natlan is a huge mystery still.

I'd guess it's the "last" nation we'll visit before going back to Khaenri'ah considering how obscure it is. Have there been any decent guesses as to what real-world nation or region it mimics yet? Fontaine is Genshin-France steampunk land or something, right? Snezhnaya is obviously Russia and Sumeru is a middle-eastern-like region. Africa would be cool, I guess.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Stare-Out posted:

Yeah Snezhnaya has been pretty prominent from the start, with Sumeru creeping in more and more and Fontaine being mentioned here and there and people from there being featured in some pretty big events over time, but Natlan is a huge mystery still.

I'd guess it's the "last" nation we'll visit before going back to Khaenri'ah considering how obscure it is. Have there been any decent guesses as to what real-world nation or region it mimics yet? Fontaine is Genshin-France steampunk land or something, right? Snezhnaya is obviously Russia and Sumeru is a middle-eastern-like region. Africa would be cool, I guess.

Natlan is Central/South America, we're pretty sure, at least based off the name and the one character we've seen from it.

The order is Sumeru -> Fontaine -> Natlan -> Snezhnaya -> ??????? -> Khaenri'ah (the only Act to have no number associated with it, implying something will be coming between the two)

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Stare-Out posted:

Seems to be sorta south/central american themed, but that's based on some concept art and I don't remember where I saw it.

Here's their storyline overview thing, I guess don't look at that if you don't want to know what the upcoming chapters are called or what the archons were intended to look like as of 2020.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Yeah, all the regions they have planned are roughly based on real world cultures and locations:

Mondstadt - Germany (or just more generically Eastern European?)
Liyue - China
Inazuma - Japan
Sumeru - Middle East
Fontaine - France
Natlan - South America
Snezhnaya - Russia

Khaenri'ah is a wild card, no telling what that might entail honestly. Maybe something more original and fantasy like.

Zenostein posted:

Seems to be sorta south/central american themed, but that's based on some concept art and I don't remember where I saw it.

Here's their storyline overview thing, I guess don't look at that if you don't want to know what the upcoming chapters are called or what the archons were intended to look like as of 2020.

The characters featured in that trailer aren't archons, just important story characters.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Cool, thanks for that. South America can be interesting, especially if they tap in to Mayan themes or something, I'd be all over that. Long way to go though, probably 2026 at this rate or whatever.

E: Mondstadt is super Holland with all the windmills and all, like no doubt.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

BlackPersona posted:

I think that's correct; the 65 soft pity / 80 hard pity carrying over and the Epitomized Path being the one that resets every time the Weapon Banner focus changes.

Xun posted:

Yeah, the epitomized path specifically does not carry over and it's the only banner system that doesn't. It's really annoying!!

Thank you, sounds like I'll be going for Yelan's matching bow then since I've got the two fate points already built up and some spare wishes from what I had banked to guarantee her.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Yeah, all the regions they have planned are roughly based on real world cultures and locations:

Liyue - China
Inazuma - Japan
Sumeru - Middle East
Fontaine - France
Natlan - South America
Snezhnaya - Russia

Khaenri'ah is a wild card, no telling what that might entail honestly. Maybe something more original and fantasy like.

The characters featured in that trailer aren't archons, just important story characters.

Ah, my bad. I just glanced at it. Although I suppose that should've clicked with the Ayaka and those twins.

People always say Germany for Mond, but it really just feels like "generic western european fantasy land." Might just be with their insistence that the only alcohol they have is dandelion wine that makes it less german-feeling to me. Similarly, despite France being the obvious thing for Fontaine, it feels like it'll be more of a France/Switzerland/England/America sort of mish-mash. Lots of investors and inventors and nonsense. Unless they go nuts and Khaenri'ah is somehow 50's sci-fi americaland, but with swords.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

That spreadsheet recommends Heart of Depth for Ayato over the newer set.

Might try giving him my Childe's* set as an excuse to give Yoimiya his set (since I really want to get her off Shimenawa's).

* Speaking of Childe, I feel like his skill absolutely should have a significantly shorter cooldown. Despite not really being stronger than a character like Ayato or Yoimiya's skill, it has a dramatically longer cooldown (even if you stop it after a shorter period of time). I think one of the biggest differences is that his cooldown doesn't even begin until you stop the skill, while the other characters' start immediately.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Liyue - China
Inazuma - Japan
Sumeru - Middle East
Fontaine - France
Natlan - South America
Snezhnaya - Russia

Khaenri'ah is an anagram for Ah'nerikha, which I choose to pronounce in a way that is phonetically similar to America spoken by someone with a cold.

Khaenri'ah, gently caress yeah.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Mondstadt is aesthetically German, but in actuality it's an ancap commune in New Hampshire.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Zenostein posted:

The one thing that seems pretty likely is that Murata will look like Himeko and probably Rie Tanaka will have to double up as a character.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

That spreadsheet recommends Heart of Depth for Ayato over the newer set.

Might try giving him my Childe's* set as an excuse to give Yoimiya his set (since I really want to get her off Shimenawa's).

* Speaking of Childe, I feel like his skill absolutely should have a significantly shorter cooldown. Despite not really being stronger than a character like Ayato or Yoimiya's skill, it has a dramatically longer cooldown (even if you stop it after a shorter period of time). I think one of the biggest differences is that his cooldown doesn't even begin until you stop the skill, while the other characters' start immediately.

I feel Ayato has pretty much deprecated Childe. Childe never had a huge role outside of a few niche vape teams, but Ayato just feels much smoother to use, and his burst has a modify-the-battlefield effect rather than just a big damage effect, which tends to also out damage the big number alone just because you can react with it.

Even when I see side by side comparisons when Childe pulls ahead against small groups of enemies, I feel that slightly modifying Ayato's playstyle doesn't put him that far behind.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
My Noelle

I need to update my character showcase as it's got all my old characters that are missing artifacts lol

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Zenostein posted:

I think it was mentioned in like, one of their roadmap videos way back at the start, and other than that it's probably shown up in some books or stray weapon descriptions or something. No NPC is likely to mention it, because the devs use NPC dialogue to hype up the next places you're going. So you meet stray dudes from Fontaine, and find loads of people chatting about Fontaine and their cool cameras and flying taxis or whatever those kids mention. Sumeru's just been sorta in the background (rather like Snezhnaya) because it has the academy and sends people out all over the world. Seems like their plan for Natlan doesn't involve an organization that does outreach like the academia or the fatui. Probably doesn't have the sort of industries that Fontaine does that require a presence in other countries for technical reasons, either.

Regardless, we'll probably be hearing people whispering about it in Sumeru, even if it's just academics complaining about the jungle or whatever. Probably won't get constantly mentioned in every other quest involving someone important until Fontaine, though. That's about what they did with Inazuma.

Natlan has actually been mentioned a few times in Inazuma! Namely the hot springs stuff is imported from Natlan and one of the merchants mentions that Natlan exports fabrics :eng101: but yeah nothing major

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Eimi posted:

I love HZD and I am sad that Aloy is somehow in this game but I can't get her anymore.

I hope that they keep refreshing that giveaway. I still have the mail and it says it'll expire in 74 days.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
People pop into the chat on my stream to express amazement that I use Aloy.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

AG3 posted:

Liyue Harbor, for the background music. In my opinion Liyue has the best music of all the regions.

Anywhere but the senrenitea pot, where you'll constantly hear the active character's idle chatter :v:

If you have a smackerel of load leftover to put down a bench or something, you don't get Serenitea idle chatter when your character is seated. I imagine because it would mess with all the animation idles.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I thought I was lucky getting Yelan, I just got Keqing from a blue fate barely some 20 rolls after I got Diluc. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Eimi posted:

I thought I was lucky getting Yelan, I just got Keqing from a blue fate barely some 20 rolls after I got Diluc. :psyduck:

There's never been a character with so much fanart with so little utility.