Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

TheMcD posted:

Alright, cheers. I'll try and see how much of that I can actually put into action (for one, I forgot that Genji gear existed, so, uh, whoops).

This is an obvious one, but just in case you didn't know, you can Rapid Fire with Chicken Knife on the thief for huge damage. Rapid Fire disables the Flee proc, and Chicken Knife is the only dagger that's not affected by the Agility damage scaling bug, so it benefits fully from the thief's Agility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?

CourtlyHades296 posted:

This run, I'm working on doing the Combined Levels under 100 Toxx. Here is my team's levels at the end of World 2.

Are you just relying 100% on throw and catch?

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021

worm girl posted:

Are you just relying 100% on throw and catch?

I also used the Control glitch to get 255 Masamunes and 255 Ragnaroks, and I'm past Melusine. The Killer Bow was essential to defeating the Seal Guardians at low levels, and Golem summon helped nullify physical attacks that otherwise would've wiped this team.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
he Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > FFV Four Job Fiesta 2022 - Nothing is Bear Proof

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Even without glitches, you can go an obscenely long way on just the backs of wallscrolls and catch. Beastmaster was the clutch of my LLG

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
The irony of Berserker Risk is that the crystals, otherwise a complete fucker of a fight for a lot of parties requiring either hardcore gil grind in W1, resetting for steals in Barrier Tower, or passing up an 🛡️Aegis, are just completely chumped by them and ten minutes of fishing for drops that you'd want to do anyway. Zerk's so quick to master that you'll probably have Equip Axes on at least one other person too to speed the process up, and Mini's even a frequent cast by one of the forest mobs if you're hitting dangerously hard.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Mandoric posted:

The irony of Berserker Risk is that the crystals, otherwise a complete fucker of a fight for a lot of parties requiring either hardcore gil grind in W1, resetting for steals in Barrier Tower, or passing up an 🛡️Aegis, are just completely chumped by them and ten minutes of fishing for drops that you'd want to do anyway. Zerk's so quick to master that you'll probably have Equip Axes on at least one other person too to speed the process up, and Mini's even a frequent cast by one of the forest mobs if you're hitting dangerously hard.

What a coincidence, My poor Thief/Mystic/Bard/Dancer team is owned by the crystals right now.

I have a bad idea, grinding until I can survive a Firaga. And I also have a really really bad idea.

It rhymes with “tragic hell”.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

nrook posted:

What a coincidence, My poor Thief/Mystic/Bard/Dancer team is owned by the crystals right now.

I have a bad idea, grinding until I can survive a Firaga. And I also have a really really bad idea.

Sandbag while singing until you reach max speed, get each crystal to just above rage mode and wait for a sword dance, burst it the rest of the way down before it gets a turn.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

nrook posted:

magic bell?

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Reload a save from the Barrier Tower and jack a bunch of Fire Rings from chest red dragons?

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Alternatively, give everyone hide, poke each crystal except earth till below 3k and hide until they're out of mp, then take down the earth?
You can also grant everyone shell with mystic Knight, start everyone low and heal when the shell pops.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

you might be able to win with a MKnight + main gauche + shield + elven mantle singing to max speed (everything there is optional but that particular loadout will get interrupted the least by crystal bops) & everyone else with drainblade

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Android Blues posted:

This is an obvious one, but just in case you didn't know, you can Rapid Fire with Chicken Knife on the thief for huge damage. Rapid Fire disables the Flee proc, and Chicken Knife is the only dagger that's not affected by the Agility damage scaling bug, so it benefits fully from the thief's Agility.

Yeah, that's something I quickly became aware of since I forgot where the Chicken Knife even was (I've forgotten a lot of things) and learned that while looking it up.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

nrook posted:

That's fairly similar to one of my runs last year. Since you only have one shield wearer, and further because that shield-wearer can draintank Exdeath at reasonable levels so doesn't need to hope for spell evades, I ended up deliberately taking the Flame Shield after the fire (you'll get an Aegis in Istory later, you can do Fork Tower no sweat by setting Mute) and just leaving the top crystal in its enrage while I took down the others one by one. They all do similar enough damage with their enrage casts that with absorb top will keep you up as long as a max of one other is casting at a time.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

nrook posted:

:toxx:

Life's Too Short

I will donate $5 for every run that doesn't use Reflect Rings randomly dropped by or stolen from enemies. It's okay to use the guaranteed drop from Leviathan and the ring found in Istory Falls. I'll donate an additional $5 if you do this and beat Exdeath in World 2 at or under level 25, on all characters.

post-W2 team

0 reflect rings

Red Metal posted:

Question: What do White Mage, Dancer, Geomancer, Bard, Chemist, and Dancer all have in common?
Answer: They're all Team 750 jobs that can't use rods.

:toxx: 750 minus 750: For every team that beats the game using only the above jobs (doesn't have to be a Team 750 run), I'll donate $7.50.

also went and did my own challenge

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
First run of the year down. Regged for random, with berserker risk, ended up with Knight, Zerker, Bard and Dancer.

Ended up having to grind a bit to bring people's health above Almagest levels, but the fight itself went smooth after that, even if the zerker does prevent me from just singing myself to complete godhood. Forsook two-handing for !sing on the knight so I could have equip shields on both Bard and Dancer, giving them the aegis shields, and the genji shield to Lenna. Two-handed titan axe hits like a loving truck, though.

And some toxxes:

Jose Valasquez posted:

Once again I'll be doing a 0 power chicken knife toxx. $10 up to a Max of $250 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

girl dick energy posted:

I just got an unexpected windfall, so here's another :toxx: I've been considering.

There Are Even Twelve Of Them: $2 for every run that gets all the tablets and, thus, all the Legendary Weapons. Screenshot of your inventory is fine for verification. Max number of runs I'll be accepting TBD, but I'm thinking $24. (Twelve of them!)

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

girl dick energy posted:

I just got an unexpected windfall, so here's another :toxx: I've been considering.

There Are Even Twelve Of Them: $2 for every run that gets all the tablets and, thus, all the Legendary Weapons. Screenshot of your inventory is fine for verification. Max number of runs I'll be accepting TBD, but I'm thinking $24. (Twelve of them!)

(Friendly reminder that you don't need to beat Leviathan, you can just leave after grabbing the tablet! :ssh:)

Got this one on my first run.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

So in the end, I threw away most of the ideas and strategy of using specific weapons or Slash or whatever and just used my three controllable characters to throw endless amounts of money at Exdeath. And that worked. I think the main thing that helped me was getting lucky on the Grand Cross roulette, getting poo poo like Silence, Poison, Darkness and whatnot that didn't affect my strategy.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

So a couple years ago I noticed while digging in the algorithm guide that the bell damage formula skips accuracy checks entirely. Well, I've now discovered the one situation where that's actually pretty helpful. See, I'm in the Fire Ship right now, still rolling with freelancers, meaning that between the healing staff, diamond bell, and silver specs I only have one character that cares about blind, which is good, since i'm attempting another no spending run and thus have no eye drops whatsoever.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
Yep, bells essentially function as Fight-cast spells with half of the scaling from Agility.

Sadly, there are only four, of which two are actually axes for all purposes but equipment eligibility and a third is a 1/16 drop from the tanky phase, and only the tanky phase not the vulnerable one, of the second-to-last mandatory boss in the game. And Agility scaling is a flat downgrade except for special situations involving Equip Bells on melee, as Magic goes higher than Agility. And Fight scaling is lower than Magic scaling at base 2 to M rather than 4. And their listed power is strictly tier 1.5. And even within tier 1.5 power ratings, damage = base/2 .. base as opposed to cast magic's damage = base .. base*1.125; with elemental boost in play the average base damage for a T1 spell is 23.91 and a T2 79.69, while the average damage for 🔔Diamond is 18 and the average damage for 🔔Tinker is 41.25.
Not a very well-thought-out weapon category in itself, though one could argue that Geomancers are freelo from unlock up until the mid-Rift and need to be bad at something as a counterbalance, and Rune Chime (even though it uses axe formula) is lowkey the single best caster weapon in the game.

But if you're blinded without Eyedrops, you're somehow having trouble with the three particular sea random battles that have physical evade significantly higher than magical evade, or you're using Freelancers early on solely for their equipment access, even they come into their own. I like how, if you're not playing 4JF or you are but you're doing Chaos, there's that phase of the game that tempts you to ditch the job system entirely for easy progression at the cost of dropping ABP on the floor.

Mandoric fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 18, 2022

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

CourtlyHades296 posted:

Just finished my first run on Pixel Remaster with the 375 team Knight/Red Mage/Beastmaster/Dancer.

Even though I got two random drops, they weren't intended and I sold them for the Gil.

Serene Dragon posted:

Alright, Run 2 of the year down and Random 750 was exactly the palate cleanser I needed after my garbo first team. Here's some more toxxes that I did:

I also did not use any reflect rings at all, though I'm not quite sure how to prove this. I had white/blue/bard/chemist which is distinctly a team that does not need reflect rings. I have some shots of me using !white reflect on Rugwizard and Catastrophe, hope that'll do.

Red Metal posted:

post-W2 team

0 reflect rings

also went and did my own challenge

Thanks all for playing!

And yeah, I trust you all, no need to provide evidence of not using reflect rings! It is difficult to prove you don't have an item, anyway.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!
I decided to take the Pixel Remaster !Flirt strats to heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYoJ6b3rxsI

Definitely could've gone better, but I done dated that robot real good.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

First run of the year is monk/red mage/ninja/chemist, which has very little synergy and two of the worst classes in the game but who cares I have a chemist.

ArashiKurobara
Mar 22, 2013

girl dick energy posted:

(Friendly reminder that you don't need to beat Leviathan, you can just leave after grabbing the tablet! :ssh:)

This run I've got Time Mage to actually want to do the trench and Ninja to make it not hell, so hey:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Mustached Demon posted:

We need a name toxx so here goes y'all:

$2 for each Butz named Sanger (founder of PP) on up to $100. Names also acceptable: services PP provides so mamo, pap, BC, choice, etc.

nrook posted:

Life's Too Short

I will donate $5 for every run that doesn't use Reflect Rings randomly dropped by or stolen from enemies. It's okay to use the guaranteed drop from Leviathan and the ring found in Istory Falls. I'll donate an additional $5 if you do this and beat Exdeath in World 2 at or under level 25, on all characters.

Never equipped a Reflect Ring, even if I literally got two of them in my first encounter in Barrier Tower (double magnetes, double reflect knight). Who needs them when you have Carbuncle? :iia:

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
What's the best way to deal with Melusine when you can't do elemental damage?

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

What else do you have in your tool belt? Knowing your classes is needed for any sort of real answer.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Strong team aside from Dragoon just being a perpetual third wheel. White Hole really sucks in PR and it seems I could never keep my bard or black mage alive long enough to get any real traction to get enough levels to keep it from sticking. But once I got tired of that battle NED was a cakewalk. Wizard Bones and Majesti dead immediately. Coif kept getting hit hard enough to keep Grand Cross from resolving. Flexdeath was allowed to live long enough to... well apparently coif died right after his last action so he did nothing but die.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Unreal_One posted:

What else do you have in your tool belt? Knowing your classes is needed for any sort of real answer.

Thief, Monk, Dragoon, Bard.

Bard can only carry for so long

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Nemo2342 posted:

Are You Sure You're Using That Thing Correctly?: $1 per run (up to $25) for anyone who takes a picture of themselves attacking Omega with a class that's wielding a completely inappropriate weapon.

This is for charity so you don't actually have to KILL Omega like this, I just want to see Chemists wielding axes smacking the big dumb robot.

Look, it loving says Sword Dance, who are you to say it's incorrect??? Huh?????

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Ace Transmuter posted:

If she's always confused she can't do anything to you, so bard carries again!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Unreal_One posted:

If she's always confused she can't do anything to you, so bard carries again!

Yep. Lock her with confuse, sing your speed to infinity, and then unload once she's in her no-defense phase.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Nothing is Bard Proof

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Ace Transmuter posted:

For damage, give the thief the chicken knife (you've been running, right?) and barehand for the strength. The chicken knife is in the town northwest of the pyramid, if you haven't gotten it.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Hellioning posted:

First run of the year is monk/red mage/ninja/chemist, which has very little synergy and two of the worst classes in the game but who cares I have a chemist.

Haha, I ended up with Dragoon/Chemist/Monk/Geomancer, so I'm in much the same boat.

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

The bard was my MVP. I was going Super Saiyin so quickly that I actually threw a few elixirs at Tree Exdeath to offset my berserker's damage and buy more time to build up the party. When I decided to move on to NED, I killed Tree Exdeath so quickly that it never got a Holy, Condemn, or Meteo off. I killed the Almagest section of NED so quickly that it never got a single Almagest off. I had ribbons and running shoes equipped on everyone, so the tissue paper level of HP on the bard and dancer (since +30% HP wasn't equipped) was my big concern. I shouldn't have worried so much (or spent so much time grinding), since I ran circles around NED the entire fight.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

zzMisc posted:

For damage, give the thief the chicken knife (you've been running, right?) and barehand for the strength. The chicken knife is in the town northwest of the pyramid, if you haven't gotten it.
not using focus or jump to bypass flee proc?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Mustached Demon posted:

We need a name toxx so here goes y'all:

$2 for each Butz named Sanger (founder of PP) on up to $100. Names also acceptable: services PP provides so mamo, pap, BC, choice, etc.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Nihilarian posted:

not using focus or jump to bypass flee proc?

Well, you can't run from Melusine, you're just losing some of your attacks.

I assume the monk's strength is enough over a thief's that the extra damage outweighs the lost turn chance, but I haven't looked it up or anything, I could be wrong. I wouldn't use Jump though - doesn't that make your attacks take twice as long just like focus, but without any damage bonus? Better to lose 25% of your attacks than effectively cut your damage by 50%.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

A hundred bucks to charity for killing NED with a bear, you say...