Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MarkMaske/status/1537859220166561792

Looks like we all dodged that bullet we desperately, desperately tried to jump in front of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Yes thankfully our favorite team has no such looking suspensions for bad behavior for a variety of DUI, gun possessions, and assaults caught on film or a QB with a checkered history sexual assault.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

MJBuddy posted:

Yes thankfully our favorite team has no such looking suspensions for bad behavior for a variety of DUI, gun possessions, and assaults caught on film or a QB with a checkered history sexual assault.

We can't all have Tom Brady.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
3 of our teams would have Deshaun Watson if they had their way, I'm having a tough time declaring the moral high ground against anyone other than the Browns.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

zimbomonkey posted:

3 of our teams would have Deshaun Watson if they had their way, I'm having a tough time declaring the moral high ground against anyone other than the Browns.

And the other drafted Jameis Winston.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Good on the Steelers owners for clearly saying "no" to Watson immediately, even after hiring his #1 fan.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/TJenkinsTampa/status/1536736348425621504?t=ADYybwOuHioRLTWKgiyfMA&s=19

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Needed more years with Dennis Allen

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

the entire division is near or in bottom quadrant for playoff wins despite having a guaranteed entrant for 20 years

sad thing is most of the wins came in that time. everyone but Carolina sucked for a while after joining the league

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oldskool posted:

the entire division is near or in bottom quadrant for playoff wins despite having a guaranteed entrant for 20 years

sad thing is most of the wins came in that time. everyone but Carolina sucked for a while after joining the league

Carolina entered the league in 95, nfc championship game in 96, didnt have another winning record until 2003.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Baker gonna lead us bake to glory. I feel it in my loins.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Let’s go

Falcons?

Yeah, feels right.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Big Jesus posted:

Let’s go

Falcons?

Yeah, feels right.

We are now eternal enemies

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
:sickos:

https://twitter.com/channel1atlanta/status/1538341890214572037

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The falcons are playing already?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The mechanical anus caught fire? Must’ve been something spicy.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

PostNouveau posted:

We are now eternal enemies

My falcons fandom makes me more of an enemy to myself than anybody else

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

The mechanical anus caught fire? Must’ve been something spicy.

A couple of pepper flakes infiltrated their all mayo potato salad at the cookout.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1540355827030171649?s=20&t=DDWzhAl1p1Z6rF2S9wNLug

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

He owns, and I'm glad he's getting paid

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Was he bad on the Jets or are were they just Jetsing it up instead of resigning him? I need to know to taunt my buddy who is a Jets fan.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Epi Lepi posted:

Was he bad on the Jets or are were they just Jetsing it up instead of resigning him? I need to know to taunt my buddy who is a Jets fan.

My recall is that he was pretty good but they got rid of him anyway. Here is what Wikipedia says:

He finished the 2017 season with a career-high 135 combined tackles (97 solo), a career-high five sacks, and three pass deflections in 16 games and 16 starts.[17] His 135 combined tackles finished sixth in the league in 2017.[41] He earned an overall grade of 87.3 from Pro Football Focus and received the eighth highest among all qualified linebackers in 2017.[42][43]

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 25, 2022

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lmao if Rhule still starts Darnold.

https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/1544740327646437378?s=20&t=FZljOGJMr6CrI4ePM7620A

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1544740598967566336?s=20&t=FZljOGJMr6CrI4ePM7620A

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

lmao if Rhule still starts Darnold.

He practices so well though

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Darnold wont make the final roster.

I think that’s a pretty good deal tbh

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FizFashizzle posted:

Darnold wont make the final roster.

I think that’s a pretty good deal tbh

It is.

He may suck, but none of the other options are inspiring and this also gives Carolina an opportunity to not throw Matt Corral in there right away.

Seems like a win win, unless people think they shouldn't have moved up to draft Corral in the first place.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
It's a great trade for Rhule trying to save his job. It might hurt them long term unless Baker becomes a franchise QB for them, which I could actually see happening. But if he is just mediocre the Panthers probably still win enough games to knock themselves out of the top 10 to draft one of the top prospects. On paper, the QB class seems pretty strong for next year though.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

wandler20 posted:

It's a great trade for Rhule trying to save his job. It might hurt them long term unless Baker becomes a franchise QB for them, which I could actually see happening. But if he is just mediocre the Panthers probably still win enough games to knock themselves out of the top 10 to draft one of the top prospects. On paper, the QB class seems pretty strong for next year though.

The NFC is so lovely that the Panthers would have really needed to commit to a tank to get one of the top QBs. I’m also not really sold on next years class being as good as advertised. It’s Stroud and Young, who aren’t sure things, and then a bunch of other guys that people point to and say “surely one of them will have a good year and break out?”

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 6, 2022

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I don't hate this move.

wandler20 posted:

This also seems like Carolina's luck

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The 5 win season streak is in danger now

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The NFC is so lovely that the Panthers would have really needed to commit to a tank to get one of the top QBs. I’m also not really sold on next years class being as good as advertised. It’s Stroud and Young, who aren’t sure things, and then a bunch of other guys that people point to and say “surely one of them will have a good year and break out?”

https://fbschedules.com/2022-carolina-panthers-schedule/

Likely wins - Falcons x2, Lions, @Seahawks
Toss up - @Giants, Browns, Steelers
Likely Losses - Saints/Bucs x2, Cardinals, 49ers, @Rams, @Bengals, @Ravens, @Broncos

They kind of got a rough draw in terms of the NFC since they play the NFCW.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

wandler20 posted:

https://fbschedules.com/2022-carolina-panthers-schedule/

Likely wins - Falcons x2, Lions, @Seahawks
Toss up - @Giants, Browns, Steelers
Likely Losses - Saints/Bucs x2, Cardinals, 49ers, @Rams, @Bengals, @Ravens, @Broncos

They kind of got a rough draw in terms of the NFC since they play the NFCW.

I wouldn’t pencil the Saints in as a likely loss for anyone. Hard to know what the team will look like under the first new coach in almost two decades. They could go 2-15. The two wins would be the Bucs, obviously.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I wouldn’t pencil the Saints in as a likely loss for anyone. Hard to know what the team will look like under the first new coach in almost two decades. They could go 2-15. The two wins would be the Bucs, obviously.

On the other hand, I already have a flight to Glendale planned.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Baker for a 5th and only $4M cap hit is a steal. I hope he balls out, but I’m guessing we are still in the market for a QB after this season.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I hope Baker comes alive and becomes the next drew Brees and browns fans are miserable for a loving decade tbh.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

How does the comp pick work for Baker? If he plays well enough to turn the 5th into a 4, would the Panthers get a pick back if he did walk next year?

I don't know what a QB has to do to get a 3rd round comp awarded to the team because that player always gets extended.

I don't know if that would happen to Baker in Carolina though

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

BlindSite posted:

I hope Baker comes alive and becomes the next drew Brees and browns fans are miserable for a loving decade tbh.

:hmmyes:

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Forrest on Fire posted:

How does the comp pick work for Baker? If he plays well enough to turn the 5th into a 4, would the Panthers get a pick back if he did walk next year?

I don't know what a QB has to do to get a 3rd round comp awarded to the team because that player always gets extended.

I don't know if that would happen to Baker in Carolina though

No one knows the actual formula, but Baker would likely yield a 3rd rounder. We know the formula is based on salary (compared to his QB peers), and snap count. Given the quality of free agent QBs on the market each year, Baker would likely be among the top available. He will probably play most of Carolina’s snaps too, since his competition is PJ Walker, Sam Darnold, and Matt Corral.

Panthers would need to lose more free agents than they pick up though.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

BlindSite posted:

I wanted this if he came to the saints but now I hope he's darnold 2 Cleveland boogaloo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

BlindSite posted:

I’d be completely ok with this