Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Barudak posted:

Its retro-arch, like a classic villain coming back.

okay well do people say "archangel" arch - angel too?! because ive always said it ark-angel with hard k. archingel? arshanjel? ark han jul, arkan gal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
What about arching your eyebrows, or the name Archie? The truth is that English is a shameful pile of contradictory rules and it's a miracle we can discuss anything at all.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Had a good gaming night.

Some Doom1 4-player co-op at my house. It was fun even if we ended up accidentally shooting each other repeatedly.
Then the 5th player arrived. and we continued with some Ninja Turtles. That was hectic and very chaotic.

Xbox keeps winning.

edit: Oh yeah and some Geometry wars 2 multiplayer too.

Issaries fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jun 18, 2022

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
imo Turtles is way more fun than SoR4.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Where does Battletoads fit into this?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
can confirm that omori is good, more earthbound than undertale for sure

kel and aubrey are real and are my friends :3:

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

John F Bennett posted:

Where does Battletoads fit into this?

In the trash, sadly.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

precision posted:

can confirm that omori is good, more earthbound than undertale for sure

kel and aubrey are real and are my friends :3:

I didn't get past them wanting to take pictures and looking at them. Not that it was a big problem but it seemed like if the whole game is going to have this much jibber jabber about boring stuff maybe it isn't for me.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Spacebump posted:

imo Turtles is way more fun than SoR4.

Agreed but SoR4 is still fantastic

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Played through the entire story mode of Shredder's Revenge. Wonderfully nostalgic beat-em-up, and my only two complaints were that I occasionally had a weird desync issue (the level would start and I could see enemies getting attacked, but couldn't see any of the players), and it really should've had a mode 7 level

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Sometimes I get the feeling I'm missing out on nostalgia. We played cheap/free games on pc and I only had one friend with a NES console. The games I remember fondly, hardly ever get remastered or rereleased on console. :smith:

On the other hand, it also sounds like I'm saving a ton on money by not buying mini-versions of old lovely consoles and infinite lineups of newer versions of Mario/Sonic/Link games.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you’re missing out on good games fucko

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Sometimes I get the feeling I'm missing out on nostalgia. We played cheap/free games on pc and I only had one friend with a NES console. The games I remember fondly, hardly ever get remastered or rereleased on console. :smith:

On the other hand, it also sounds like I'm saving a ton on money by not buying mini-versions of old lovely consoles and infinite lineups of newer versions of Mario/Sonic/Link games.

Good news, the xbox series consoles can give you access to all of those games to find out how many of them are actually timeless

Criss-cross
Jun 14, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Tons of people have nostalgia for old PC gaming, I don't think not growing up with consoles is uncommon. But the American market skewed towards consoles.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I only have nostalgia for classic egg mascot puzzle platforming

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Quantum of Phallus posted:

you’re missing out on good games fucko

Like Pilot Wings 64.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I only have nostalgia for classic egg mascot puzzle platforming

Alfred Chicken??

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ColdPie posted:

Alfred Chicken??
Dizzy

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Cheap PC Games are the best.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PgYim3G7LSQ

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Played the first two levels of tmnt with my kid, she said it looked cool but was kinda boring. She ain't got that beat-em-up dawg in her :(

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
beat em ups are boring, always have been. its all about the presentation. that's why this game went so hard on all the music and attitude.

kids these days also just don't have any 80s 90s nostalgia, dunno what their deal is

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Beat ‘em ups didn’t get good until they went 3D imo

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Objectively not true, Fighting Force sucks

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Objectively not true, Fighting Force sucks

Rude.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
beateumups owns hth

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

beggar posted:

Played the first two levels of tmnt with my kid, she said it looked cool but was kinda boring. She ain't got that beat-em-up dawg in her :(

Put her up for adoption.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The sidescrolling beatemup is perhaps the most sublime form of gameplay ever invented.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

exquisite tea posted:

The sidescrolling beatemup is perhaps the most sublime form of gameplay ever invented.

this but change beatemup to shootemup

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Beat 'em ups have a really interesting history to them.

While Bubble Bobble pulls the move of making it so you can't get the good ending without playing 2 players, Double Dragon 1 in arcades did the opposite; if both players were still alive when the final boss died, you'd have to fight each-other until one player died. In a very strange way, this made it one of the earliest "fighting games", but with the most obnoxious setup required for matches possible (having to beat an entire game between matches).

Double Dragon 3 was also the first game ever with microtransactions, with shops that sold items and power-ups in exchange for tokens/quarters.

Since it's father's day, remember to play the dadliest game available on Xbox: Yakuza 6.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Harvest Moon (Original through PS1) and the derivative Stardew Valley are actually the best games.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

They should do another classic Rampage like game. That Rampage on N64 ruled.

I always wanted a Godzilla game that was just purely to destroy a city. There was a passable one or two on the GameCube and that was about it.

Also they should get that Simpsons Beat Em Up on the Xbox.

Speaking of The Simpsons I'd pay some money to get a lot of those bad PS1/PS2 Simpsons games released even though Im sure I'd hate them within minutes in reality.

Zurtilik fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jun 19, 2022

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
beat em ups are great when they have upgrade systems and unlockable moves and all that crap

otherwise they just get boring doing the same move over and over

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Xbox One controllers work natively with the Series X? Debating if it's worth it to buy a second controller that's a series x version

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Beatemups are amazing precisely because you're already given everything you need to do well from square one, and it's all about mastering the simple but strategic combination of those abilities to style on dudes to your liking.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Xbox One controllers work natively with the Series X?

Yup!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Awesome

however now I found out you can design your own controller

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

gross

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I think it's beautiful

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I think it's beautiful

Is it supposed to be Orange Box themed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

YOU'RE GROSS!!!!!