Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

0konner posted:

Lotta neoliberals in this thread who are so blind to the threat climate change poses to our oceans.

Shut da gently caress up!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

0konner posted:

How much donation plate money do we think Pastor Jonathan took to make his winning bid for Ms. Alvarez’ futile effort to preserve sea life while climate change turns the oceans to acid?

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1131170113804103680?s=21&t=h7EPGb6vez2RI5aPyVuhsw

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Release the full 2 hour Meltzer ramble we KNOW he went on, CNN you cowards :mad:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Jerusalem posted:

Release the full 2 hour Meltzer ramble we KNOW he went on, CNN you cowards :mad:

You just know he linked this to Wrestling With Shadows

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Jerusalem posted:

Release the Meltzer Cut!!!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
im gonna donate to whale scout to not have guest hosts anymore

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Guest hosts are an automatic skip for me unless something happened in the news or on one of the shows and I wanna hear Bryan lose his mind about it.

Same for any given WOR with Garrett, and any Sempervive solo show except those don’t even get an exception for things I might be interested in because he just sucks so bad on his own.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you missed out on a good show with the British woman.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I think I might have listened to that one because it sounds familiar. Couldn’t tell you what prompted me to though.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

probably people in here saying it was good. thats the only reason i did lol. i’m same as you, guests = skip

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

got no problem with garrett WORs unless there's some other fucker on there taking even more time away from dave or bryan. that's too much

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Pastor Jonathan was thirsting for Nikita Lyons big time.

I liked when he was talking about her social media, Bryan assumed we were gonna talk about the right-wing bullshit, but nah, the good Reverend just thought she was hot.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Maybe I'm just desensitized from all the awful guests they get over on the Scrubs podcast, but the guests here never really bother me. I can only think of one guy that was just down right terrible and the rest just don't say enough to leave an impression.

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

JT Smiley posted:

Maybe I'm just desensitized from all the awful guests they get over on the Scrubs podcast, but the guests here never really bother me. I can only think of one guy that was just down right terrible and the rest just don't say enough to leave an impression.

often the actual quality of the guest is irrelevant, they end up making the show worse just because bryan is on his best behavior and focused on trying to be a good host for them

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Happiness posted:

often the actual quality of the guest is irrelevant, they end up making the show worse just because bryan is on his best behavior and focused on trying to be a good host for them

You gotta to admit it's kinda funny that Bryan will apologize to a random guy he's never met for swearing but not his own grandmother.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I honestly prefer Garrett and Dave to Bryan and Dave, because Garrett gives no fucks about trying to control Dave's tendancies and just lets him go off, so it's almost a Dave only show, which is what I want from a Dave show

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Dave and Vinny

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Dave and Granny :unsmigghh:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Semp and Craig

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Genericide posted:

Semp and Craig

ban

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

El Generico posted:

I honestly prefer Garrett and Dave to Bryan and Dave, because Garrett gives no fucks about trying to control Dave's tendancies and just lets him go off, so it's almost a Dave only show, which is what I want from a Dave show

You're right

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
garrett is boring and asks dumb questions. with bryan, dave will joke around, be antagonistic just to rile him up, and do the devil's advocate bit for WWE booking.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

If Craig isn’t on B&V I skip the episode. Need the Craig, crave the Craig.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Seams posted:

Dave and Granny :unsmigghh:

Imagine the two of them getting through Lanny Poffo's smoking book. So many rustled papers.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dave Alvarez and Bryan Meltzer

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Genericide posted:

Semp and Craig

Craig a useless pile of poo poo. I suspect irl too.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

NienNunb posted:

If Craig isn’t on B&V I skip the episode. Need the Craig, crave the Craig.

Craig is underrated. I think his supremely chill persona combined with Bryan's bombastic persona and Vinny in the middle = comedy gold.

One of my favorite Retro show moments was I think when Vinny was talking about how he lost his mind one time when his car blew a tire. Craig's response after the story was "....I got mad one time."

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
let me write that down

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Craig casually, quietly telling the story of getting his drat foot torn off in an industrial accident was Peak Craig.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

D.N. Nation posted:

Craig casually, quietly telling the story of getting his drat foot torn off in an industrial accident was Peak Craig.

That poo poo haunted me for days.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

garrett is boring and asks dumb questions. with bryan, dave will joke around, be antagonistic just to rile him up, and do the devil's advocate bit for WWE booking.

Garrett gives us a different aspect of Dave which is more causal and laidback. Perfect for a Saturday morning listen imo

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

D.N. Nation posted:

Do you know what episode this was? I def don't remember this.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It was recent and it was horrific

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
it was on one of the time filler shows

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Searching the thread suggests it was on or around April 27th this year

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

It was a Retro RAW because I remember Granny gasping.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I will definitely look into this, thanks all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

NikkolasKing posted:

I will definitely look into this, thanks all.

I just looked it up to see if it was as horrible as I remembered and it sure was.

21:20 or so into the April 27th 2022 Bryan & Vinny show