Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

actually makes sense to skip wiping because it saves all those trees and anything between the cheeks is gay so doo doo rear end is objectively the only way to be free and gay as hell

Denzel shows us the way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg2j3xuYOuw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Things are just going to get more and more expensive and everything's going to suck a bit more with each passing year. But atleast weed and alcohol exists. What a stupid time to be alive.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

MightyBigMinus posted:

i'm unabashedly goony when it comes to air travel. those people are the absolute worst, both mathematically from a gwp perspective and on an individual personality level. they are the most empty, vapid and vain person in the room every time they get going about their wildly expensive hobby. they will, 100% un-ironically, too your face, say that having been a tourist for a dozen weekends makes them a better person than those who haven't. they don't just full on believe that, they expect you to too. when they get that tenth passport stamp or into the six figures for airline mile rewards bullshit they behave 3.5% less ridiculously than the pickle rick kid demanding his szechuan sauce whenever there's an issue. one easy way to spot this person is to do a quick skim of their last ~100 tweets, its absolutely guaranteed you'll find multiple "@someairline waaah waaah wahh" poo poo.

these are our kulaks and they belong in whatever gulag system we get going asap

Wow, how did you type that out with Cheeto club hand, virgin funhater? Delete this thread. Delete this forum. SA should only be about hobbies and which Transformer is the coolest one (it's the stereo with the transforming tapes DUH)

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Harold Fjord posted:

Oh tone, literally no one has ever had control of their future

lol you distilled my entire diatribe into 12 words

i fuckin suck at brevity

i always hated flying, I don't mind being places sometimes but I hate going places. COVID has given me a reason and excuse to nope the gently caress out of flying for a long time. The company I work for has no expectations that I ever exist to them outside of a construct on a screen and a labor node.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Tony Tone posted:

It's just difficult for me to feel content anymore. I dont know how to do that without being drunk or high literally the first 10 minutes I wake up every goddamned day.

I dont know how to UN-MISERY myself. Everything in my personal life can be fixed, mended, rerouted and rewired. I can improve, change my ways, change my habits through pure diligence. But what I struggle with, is not being in control of my future. It has already been decided for me. And I cannot cope with that poo poo. It's the type of poo poo that can just pounce on you the middle of a social gathering with people I love and then I just start rambling about depressing bullshit for no loving reason before making everyone uncomfortable and really quiet. Like a cognition hazard. It's difficult to escape it and yadda yadda, you all know all about that, I think. Hey, you get to just read my posts - I get to loving live with them, lol.

I'll stop throwing my garbage everywhere. That's fine, I can do that. I can pretend poo poo is fine and hopefully not gently caress up my girlfriend anymore than I already did with my sadbrain bullshit, nor gently caress up my immediate environment. I will try to do that.

Thanks for not irony-posting. These kind of posts really loving bring it back home for me and I hope you realize how much this means to me.

I honestly don't know if this helps or makes sense but you never had control over your life, just how you live it. Realizing how things are hosed doesn't mean something has been lost. You are still bound by the laws of physics and not being able to choose to ignore gravity and fly isn't a tragedy, it's just how things work. Your only choice in the matter is how you live with gravity.

Also no one is telling you to pretend things are fine because that's just going to lead to another breakdown the next time some other horrific news story or disaster happens and whatever denial you managed to quiet your anxiety with evaporates. You need to work on your internal filter and perception of things.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/MiamiHerald/status/1538528463400972290?t=faJOgLuvb9KUebriFeL77w&s=19
https://twitter.com/MiamiHerald/status/1538528808814403585?t=vUjwYsjL6BH9LhiAzlRkfw&s=19

Starting to think this place isn't gonna make it!

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

net work error posted:

Starting to think this place isn't gonna make it!

"you don't design to that"? You don't design to the obvious and known risks of the place you are (foolishly as gently caress) doing new construction?

Tell that to architects that design buildings in earthquake zones in CA, or literally anywhere in Japan. :rubby:

I think you only "don't design to that" if you're confident you're going to cash the gently caress out and be dust in the winds before the thing fails. Which seems Very loving Florida.

Tony Tone
Jun 14, 2020

by vyelkin

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

You're not unique. Literally everyone that has been born is going to die and can't control it and that is one of the essential human struggles. Even if we did build paradise, you'd die and have no control over it.

Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl is about this. Give it a read.

You're preaching to the choir, man. But you got one thing wrong and it's not just about your specific personal guaranteed human death that has been around since time immemorial. It's a bit different than that, which is why it's such a difficult loving thing to process. There has never been anything in history that grasped humanity going extinct without devolving into mass-suicide cults or whatever.

I can process death just fine. I've tasted it, felt it, understand it and grasp it. I have no ambition to cheat death or be immortal or be in paradise. The problem arises when I also know my kids will die prematurely. If everything we have ever built is going to just wither and die and collapse much sooner than any of us knew 10 years ago. The wound is fresh - this just is unprecedenAAHHHHHHHHH for fucks sake here I go again

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

epa is losing its regulatory power this week probably

Tony Tone
Jun 14, 2020

by vyelkin

Rectal Death Adept posted:

You need to work on your internal filter and perception of things.
gently caress it. What do you mean when you say this?

If the goal isn't to pretend, but to "filter" the things you perceive - isn't that just pretending with more words?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Oh God do we have a new AceOfFlames

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
It's not so much pretending as actively deciding what to and what to not give a gently caress about. Pick the right numbers to care about and run up the high score.

Real hurthling! posted:

"If Congress wants never before seen chemicals to be kept out of groundwater, it can pass a law naming each of them"

Harold Fjord has issued a correction as of 15:54 on Jun 19, 2022

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Tone, get yourself a meditation guide book. Doesn't matter much which one you choose, probably whichever you gravitate to will end being the right one for you. If that sounds like annoying bullshit then just grab the free pdf of Mindfulness In Plain English and use that.

Those ten minutes in the morning you have before you smoke or drink? Use those ten minutes to meditate. Ten will be fine for a start but your goal will be twenty minute meditation sessions and ideally two of those per day. Don't worry about that for now just sit for ten in the morning and try your best. Once your mind is settled through meditative practice the course you chart for yourself out of the water of despair will show itself. It's best to take this approach as ultimately nobody's going to know how to help you better than yourself.

Failing this I would try to volunteer somewhere or else participate in the community. Look it's not going to save you or the planet but tending a little community garden is going to feel rewarding as all get out. Growing enough food that you're better off giving a bunch of it away, and being in that way able to directly feed people, is going to feel great. Guaranteed.

I'd say your biggest problem is likely isolation but I don't know you so I might be off the mark. It does sound like the sort of mentality someone who spends too much time alone, especially time alone indoors, ends up with. Push yourself to leave the house regularly and socialize. It'll take some effort, youll need to force yourself to go out even not feeling much up to it.

Good luck!

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
oh my god this isn't the therapy thread shut the gently caress up already

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I'm growing flowers only and I love it. My roses are doing so well. I'm thrilled just to see them knowing I played my part. The time I spend watering them is my own, totally peaceful, no phone, no news, just water and plants and quietude. Yesterday I went to the beach with a bunch of friends. Life, is not so bad.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

rabble rabble posted:

oh my god this isn't the therapy thread shut the gently caress up already

You shut the gently caress up

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tony Tone posted:

If the goal isn't to pretend, but to "filter" the things you perceive - isn't that just pretending with more words?

therapy has been really good for me and might be for you, too

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

Mayor Dave posted:

Oh God do we have a new AceOfFlames

can't make a decent qcs thread without one

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

you may as well get used to it. eventually this will be the biggest and best thread on the entire site

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Isn't it already politicized to hell and back with industry appointments anyway

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Tony Tone posted:

Oh no! Wouldn't want to be an rear end in a top hat to the assholes around me! Heaven forbid the massive loving crossover behind me in traffic gets upset by me flicking my cigarette butt out of the window of my car! Could you imagine how many bad vibes he will experience? Im such a Dick, bro! It's such a cringe dick move to litter! Is it SO HARD to throw that poo poo in the trash, which you will then throw into the bigger trash can, which will then get burned in bumfuck nowhere in India or Turkey and gently caress over the poorest people on this planet probably? Is that so much to ask, you douchebag? Just kill the poor people with your garbage, don't do it to your neighbors!

Funny that the people who are secretly in favor of eating the rich and revolutionizing this world through violence get a little bit peeved over something as so incredibly inconsequential as littering. How about sort your loving priorities first before you get this riled up next time.

Whatever excuses you for being a piece of poo poo in your own mind

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

Cabbages and Kings posted:

it's just loving basic human suffering and we've had blueprints on how to coexist with that and find something resembling peace for at least as long as there is written language.

You left out the part where we came up with Facebook and Twitter !

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

It is funny that we're being required to become therapists in this thread. How did we get the weight of the world on shoulders like this

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

two-time fee posted:

You left out the part where we came up with Facebook and Twitter !

nah, covered that part in the "ancient texts" bit

Genesis 11:-9 posted:

1 Now the whole world had one language and a common speech. As people moved online] they found a social network in Facebook and settled there.

3 They said to each other, “Come, let’s make NFTs and bake them thoroughly.” They used bits instead of stone, and bits for mortar. 4 Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth.”

5 But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. 6 The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then QAnon will win and much lmao. 7 Come, let us go down and watch.”

8 So the Lord protected Zuck from harm. 9 That is why it was called Babel[c]—because there the Lord watched the confusion of the whole world. From there the Lord said "lol, lmao"

T-Paine posted:

It is funny that we're being required to become therapists in this thread. How did we get the weight of the world on shoulders like this

Unsure but based on your ridiculous new text do you just hate me, or do you actually hate my kids? Just curious :allears:

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

cigarette butts out of the car? think bigger, car batteries into the sea my friend

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

cigarette butts out of the car? think bigger, car batteries into the sea my friend

like I have a choice which ocean my batteries go to when I go to the dump. You must have one of them fancy multi-ocean-facing dumps.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

nah, covered that part in the "ancient texts" bit

Unsure but based on your ridiculous new text do you just hate me, or do you actually hate my kids? Just curious :allears:

I hate everyone. I have a shirt that says "I'm an equal opportunity offender" and I find it endlessly clever!!

I wonder what shitposter got offended enough to drop five bucks? thank you though. Not a false word there

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I hope it drains completely dry and when the last puddle dries up it reveals a skeletal hand giving the middle finger, right at the dam

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Ok let's come up with a compromise: you can throw trash and car batteries out your window but only in rich neighborhoods. Finally everyone is happy and we can move on.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Tony Tone posted:

People are suggesting meditation and therapy to you and one of the major things you find out when exploring those areas is that you have control over how you perceive and feel about things

If a child dropping an ice cream cone sends someone into fits of hysterical sobbing depression because of the symbolism of losing ones youth forever and how they feel about losing theirs then the issue is with the person seeing the ice cream fall to the ground, not the ice cream falling.

The entire biosphere and our society developed within it being hosed and due for radical changes that are largely going to be terrible isn't really comparable to something so meaningless but its still a situation you have to process and you don't have to be horrifically despondent and distraught about it.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtMez4S-Dkk

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Wait, do car batteries NOT create habitats for marine life and corals?

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

Struensee posted:

I'm not washing dirty diapers that have been marinating in a plastic bag for up to 10 hours at the nursery every day.

Nor should you, that's what the Lord created qcs for.

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I'm growing flowers only and I love it. My roses are doing so well. I'm thrilled just to see them knowing I played my part. The time I spend watering them is my own, totally peaceful, no phone, no news, just water and plants and quietude. Yesterday I went to the beach with a bunch of friends. Life, is not so bad.

:blessed: this is precisely why I love gardening, well put

re: depression chat: years ago the night my dad died I was utterly despondent from watching him painfully decompensate over several weeks and I was convinced nothing mattered because everyone dies and once we're dead it makes no difference to us if life was good or horrible.

my husband said "fine; if nothing matters and it makes no difference if you have a good life or a bad one, why would you choose to have a bad one?"

dunno if it's useful to anyone else but it snapped me right out of it. almost everything about life is beyond our control. do the best you can because it matters now, for you, and for others you share your time here with. that's all I got. :tipshat:

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

like I have a choice which ocean my batteries go to when I go to the dump. You must have one of them fancy multi-ocean-facing dumps.

I am blessed with living next to a river and a lake, so many options for battery disposal

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

:blessed:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tony Tone posted:

I have spent an entire year in IDF prison plus the three year mandatory service. gently caress the entire IDF establishment and everything it stands for. I am convinced our omnipresent all-powerful Israeli military state apparatus will be used eventually against the citizens in the coming years as well as it is used against the Arabs today - but you raise a good loving point.

Maybe if I wasn't a belligerent dumbass I would have stayed with the boys in green and secured myself a nice paycheck and a job that involved doing gently caress-all plus guaranteed pay raises year after year. Oh well.

join hamas, feel contention for doing your part in a fight more important than climate. it's a more effective political organization than extinction rebellion too!

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

The Forums -> QCS -> "NOW those loving doomers are recruiting people to go join Hamas!!!!"

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

The Forums -> QCS -> "NOW those loving doomers are recruiting people to go join Hamas!!!!"

Climate Thread Fails to Offer Workable Philosophical Solution to Every Posters' Existential Crisis. Mods??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

T-Paine posted:

Isn't it already politicized to hell and back with industry appointments anyway

yeah but now they gonna make it so that nothing can be done without congress passing it, i.e. a reversal of the doctrine that regulators understand issues better than politicians and they are gonna go hard after states that try and make their own tougher standards too
they are very sick of california forcing mpg standards via its epa exemption.