Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I am assuming I can go to a linux terminal and just install xvncviewer or similar. Does anyone know if I'm in for a rude awakening?

edit: are there any posts on what firewall poo poo the deck might need open, or is it not doing any special communication outside of regular Steam traffic on the usual ports, plus whatever you're running on it?

I'm basically just surviving as I use Linux to get around on my Deck but as far as I realize you can do whatever the hell you'd normally be able to do on Arch Linux, which SteamOS is built off of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Anyone installed ScummVM from the Discover app on the desktop? I did, then added it to Steam as a non-steam game, and it seems fine. However, when I try to add games to it, the browser doesn't see some folders. Like, in the /home/deck folder, it only sees Documents/ and a couple of .something folders, but nothing else. It's not great to point it to where I pushed the games.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yup well, what else can you expect from gabes merry band of morons and their "steam dreck"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Thought it was kinda quiet in here, but there it is finally.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

GTO posted:

I want to spend a few hours in desktop mode installing epic games, getting the icons set up and so on. Is there a way to remote in to do this? It's too small to be comfortable on the deck itself and I don't have the needed stuff to connect a monitor etc.

Honestly I’d spend the $15-$25 on the dongle. It’s been handy to have around the few times I’ve needed to use it.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i use nomachine for linux remote desktopping and it's very needs suiting

don't see why it wouldn't work on a deck, but i don't have one

ilikefood
Jun 28, 2008

FishMcCool posted:

Anyone installed ScummVM from the Discover app on the desktop? I did, then added it to Steam as a non-steam game, and it seems fine. However, when I try to add games to it, the browser doesn't see some folders. Like, in the /home/deck folder, it only sees Documents/ and a couple of .something folders, but nothing else. It's not great to point it to where I pushed the games.

It's because of flatpak sandboxing. Go to desktop mode and install and run Flatseal. Select Scummvm and add your games directory to the Filesystems section.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

ilikefood posted:

It's because of flatpak sandboxing. Go to desktop mode and install and run Flatseal. Select Scummvm and add your games directory to the Filesystems section.

Cheers, I suspected if was flatpak related, but sadly, even having used Linux for over 20 years, I have never touched Flatpak nor Arch before. I got spoiled by apt-get I guess.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold
For those running FF7 I suggest downloading the dynamic resolution mod on nexus that stops the rez downgrade when running at 60. Then you can set the limiter to 40 and get pretty smooth gameplay with the high rez.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

I lost an hour or so of Elden Ring gameplay looks like, from putting the Deck to sleep mid game session. Discovered this when going back to a quest giver and they were at an earlier point in the quest. Nothing lost, ER is flexible.

Steam cloud synch isn't good in its detection of this situation. I'd expected ER mid-session continuous saves to get pushed up to the cloud, but I suspect it happens only on session end. Would've been nice if it pushed a "saves dirty" flag on sleep so you could be warned when picking up the game on the other device.

I'm going to stop putting the Deck to sleep mid-session for games I'm playing on both Deck and PC, which is all games really.

dabre_aiamim
Oct 23, 2008
Lipstick Apathy

Magic Shortbus posted:

My order for a Steam Deck should be coming up in the next couple weeks and I'm wondering if I could play some games I bought on GoG on the Deck. There's some guides out there that talk about installing either Windows and GoG Galaxy or using the Linux version from GoG and installing it natively on the Deck. What Im wondering is could I take a Windows GoG game, SCP it over to my Deck and then load it up in Proton through the Steam interface?

I had success with Heroic Launcher from the Discovery store. Plugged in my GoG info, downloaded Cyberpunk 2077, and it just works. I don’t remember if I added Heroic to Steam as a non-Steam game or if it did it automatically, but either way you should have some success with that method.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

dabre_aiamim posted:

I had success with Heroic Launcher from the Discovery store. Plugged in my GoG info, downloaded Cyberpunk 2077, and it just works. I don’t remember if I added Heroic to Steam as a non-Steam game or if it did it automatically, but either way you should have some success with that method.

Yeah same with the heroic launcher. It also ties into your EGS account so you can play some of the free games they hand out.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The only problem I've had with sleep mode so far is call of duty IW which crashes every time I come out of it.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

is the witcher 3 supposed to run well on the deck? tried it out with the heroic launcher since it's in my gog account but there's a constant stutter that makes it impossible to play

Magic Shortbus
Jul 22, 2002

dabre_aiamim posted:

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah same with the heroic launcher. It also ties into your EGS account so you can play some of the free games they hand out.

Cool thanks! This is exactly what I was hoping to find. I figured that it would be possible but an actual launcher to download the games is a much better solution than copying from my big PC.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

shrike82 posted:

is the witcher 3 supposed to run well on the deck? tried it out with the heroic launcher since it's in my gog account but there's a constant stutter that makes it impossible to play

Yes, check some videos on youtube, seems like it can get close to 60fps with low settings.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Next Fest demo thoughts: (since I downloaded over 50, I'm not gonna mess around with other Proton versions on demos that won't launch, there's just not really enough time)

Frogun - 60fps on Deck, looks great. gameplay is fine if a bit basic, music could use some work to be more memorable, feels less ear-catchy and more muzak. sound design seems 8bit for some reason, like I know ps1 games did have crunchy audio but it was usually sampled. Intro video is a test pattern (codec). Proton-GE might deal with that, but when is Valve gonna add support for these codecs already? Will keep on wishlist.

Lonesome Village - 60fps. a lot jankier than I was expecting, although I suspect this is an old demo build because it's v0.5. Also, no controller support? Weird. It combines the puzzles of a Zelda dungeon with an Animal Crossing town where you save villagers that then perform services in the town. You need to earn their friendship through requests in order to progress through the central tower. It's a good concept, and it's cute looking, but the jank is bothering me, it needs quite a bit of polish. A lot of test pattern cutscenes. Will keep on wishlist for now, but hopefully the final version feels better to play.

Neon Blight - 60fps. Not to be confused with Neon White (did they choose this name out of spite?), NB is a top down shooty roguelite akin to Enter the Gungeon but the guns don't feel fun to use and the weapon pickups were uniformly worse than the starting gun. M&KB only also? Seems weird for what clearly can be a twin stick shooter. Removed from wishlist.

Tracks of Thought - 60fps. Here's a cute game that actually has some polish to it, though still not release polish (the dialog has ACTIONS in it like "(pushes door)" which I would assume won't be the case in the full release or uhh that's really low budget lol). Has both adventure game elements and card battles. The card battles.. could use a bit of work, or more flexibility/variance. Your hand is small, and the only way to 'win' is to reach 100% progress, and those cards seem to come few and far between sometimes. This could use tweaking because the tutorial battle took like 5 minutes lol. Keeping on wishlist.

Tyrant's Blessing - 60fps. Anime Into the Breach, basically. This has some interesting mechanics... you leave behind a shade when you move, which enemies can harm (and do harm to you), but all planned enemy moves are shown to you on your turn so you can move out of the way, or use skills to move them out of the way, or of course dispatch them. Also, enemies resurrect based on how many 'void points' are a part of the level, so you have to defeat enemies multiple times. Which I guess could be irritating but it's part of the strategy design of the game. This is pretty solid but not really the kind of game I'm into, so I won't wishlist it, but I think this is decent for what it is. Another M&KB only game. Skills look like they're meant to have videos showing what the attacks do but they're just black boxes, another codec issue of course.

Tarnishing of Juxtia - 60fps. A Souls-like with some nice art, though I don't care for the puppet animation of the sprites. I know why it's like this, because they allow you to see the gear you equip on your character, but I still am bothered by it. Not sure what this will bring to the table to outdo others in the field. Will keep off wishlist for now and see if it gets good word of mouth at release.

The Spirit & the Mouse - 60fps with drops. Love the presentation in this! Silhouetted humans in warmly lit windows have Ace Attorney style animations, the music is soft but charming, the mouse animates like you would expect a mouse to animate. Interestingly jumping is context-sensitive ala Ocarina of Time, I only had a jump button near a climbable ledge. You can shock any glowing object to get energy, and you use energy to feed devices. There are also small errands to do to help people. With a bit of polish this could be Nintendo quality. Definitely keeping on the wishlist.

Backfirewall_ - 60fps. A humorous first-person narrative game set inside a phone whose operating system doesn't want to update. I'm not sure just how puzzly the final game will be but it's definitely got some charm despite its relatively minimalist 3D visuals. I'll keep on the wishlist for now.

Elsie - 60fps but with drops. A megamanny roguelite that doesn't really thrill me. It has style and it has the typical X moves of dashing and wall sliding, but the level design predictably is bland and the upgrades are kind of ho-hum. Not gonna wishlist.

Keylocker - 60fps. Style for days, one of two really cool cyberpunk jrpgs coming out this year, this one by Moonana (Virgo vs the Zodiac). Is not afraid to just dump you into a weird world and give you the lore as you go. Uses a combat system that's hex-based like Wild Arms 4/5, but with its own style that might take some getting used to. Very counter/timing heavy combat. Keeping wishlisted.

Library of Babel - 60fps. So I tried this one out because it seemed to be a mix of platforming and inventory puzzling which I've enjoyed ever since Cosmic Spacehead... buuuut this game also adds tedious stealth to the mix and it was the majority of the demo's gameplay. Not a great vertical slice. Won't wishlist this one.

Last Command - 60fps. Cool mix of snake and bullet hell. As the enemy fires bullets at you, you're picking up bits of data around the screen that you then charge and fire back at your opponent to make their core vulnerable, at which point you use a dash to slice a bar off the enemy's health. Presentation reminds me of the 9S 'hacking' combat. I know though that the anime is coming, not just because there's an anime girl in the splash image but because this is by the dev of Rabi-Ribi. Wishlisted.

e: will update this over time. I'm focusing on the ones that don't have vertical grid art first because I suspect a number of them won't run on Deck (theoretically a dev that gets their game to run on Deck would provide vertical art, that's my logic) so I'll get them out of the way.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jun 19, 2022

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Has anyone tried V rising on their deck yet? I think someone mentioned that it worked ok?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

The 7th Guest posted:

Tarnishing of Juxtia - Won't launch.
Huh this is weird as hell. I was able to run the Tarnishing of Juxtia demo just fine on my deck. Took a long time to load though. Turns out it's Unity.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Valve Steam Deck posted:

Huh this is weird as hell. I was able to run the Tarnishing of Juxtia demo just fine on my deck. Took a long time to load though. Turns out it's Unity.
Yeah, I think Unity is the common element. After restarting the deck I was able to get Elsie and Tracks of Thought to run, so I'm just gonna redownload Juxtia and the others. I'll only consider a game not working if it outright crashes back to the OS (which is something that's happened on occasion with tiny itch.io titles).

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

1GB downloaded, 43GB patched.

tenderjerk posted:

Is an update that is almost 95% the size of the base game a normal thing ????

genuinely asking, PC gaming is new to me

Absurd updates have been a Steam thing for a long time, but it's only recently been obvious since they updated the client to show disk activity. Some games will update by downloading X amount of data, and then processing somewhere around X data in disk r/w activity. Other games will download X but then have many, many times X in disk activity. Sometimes it'll be a few MB update and the installation process will require what is basically the entire game installation file size in r/w activity. It's not every game, and not every time, but some updates are obscene in terms of the disk activity far exceeding the size of the downloaded updates.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Disk activity far exceeding download size is good though? It means the delta compression did a great job.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Atomizer posted:

Absurd updates have been a Steam thing for a long time, but it's only recently been obvious since they updated the client to show disk activity. Some games will update by downloading X amount of data, and then processing somewhere around X data in disk r/w activity. Other games will download X but then have many, many times X in disk activity. Sometimes it'll be a few MB update and the installation process will require what is basically the entire game installation file size in r/w activity. It's not every game, and not every time, but some updates are obscene in terms of the disk activity far exceeding the size of the downloaded updates.

pseudorandom name posted:

Disk activity far exceeding download size is good though? It means the delta compression did a great job.

Yeah this generally speaking going to be "we properly compressed assets, and we have to uncompress them to apply a patch and recompress them afterwards because good luck delta patching a compressed file", which are things you want to see

the alternative is poo poo like Fallout 3's "we shipped an entirely different version of the entire game and all assets for every localization"

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Or Warzone (even on consoles) pushing update patches that were literally the full game and then just going "we don't know how to fix this, please help us"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So far I think my favorite thing on Deck has been AAA games released around 2016. Not that relatively new games don't generally run great on it, but there's so much texture detail and effects going on that it almost gets washed out a little bit playing on a tiny 720p screen. it's amazing how well they run but I still think playing on a big 4K tv or monitor is more satisfying. But you go back to some of these games from 5+ years ago and holy moly do they look and run good. Titanfall 2 was a real standout. Other than origin being mildly annoying that was a 10/10 Steam Deck experience. Also been playing Doom 2016 and Infinite warfare which are both fantastic as well (IW doesn't play nice with suspend though and crashes when you come out of sleep mode :sigh:)

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

the alternative is poo poo like Fallout 3's "we shipped an entirely different version of the entire game and all assets for every localization"

That's the Windows Store being trash, the Steam version has one version of the game and separate depots for each language.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

I've started playing Death Stranding on this thing (not sure if my PC could even run it) and I am really loving it so far. Steam Deck is really great for people like me who haven't been able to play some big titles over the last few years. I don't even mind it chewing through battery since i am really only ever gonna play it on the couch. I waffled about spending the money when my turn came, but i regret nothing!

nekoxid
Mar 17, 2009

I have a question:
Resident Evil HD is marked as Deck verified but I get a black screen after the Capcom logo.
Persona 4 Golden is also Deck verified, but it crashes after the startup logos.
Other games (mostly non-deck verified) work fine (I played Crusader Kings II, Valkyria Chronicles, and PSP games via PPSSPP).

I tried to force other Proton versions too but no luck. Did Valve broke something, or am I not doing something right? Did anyone managed to get RE HD and P4G running on deck?

nekoxid fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jun 19, 2022

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

pseudorandom name posted:

the "problem" is steam's way of handling patching files by rewriting the whole file to the disk while patching it, which is generally good practice

issues come up when a game just has one or only a couple asset files, which means even if a patch needs to patch just 1 byte of these files it'll have to rewrite the whole drat thing. path of exile used to have just one data file, and eventually steam patching got so bad it sometimes took several minutes even on an ssd, and needed the whole game worth of free space or patching would fail

they've since limited their data filesize to ~5mb and broke up the file into many small ones and patching is basically instant

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

GTO posted:

I want to spend a few hours in desktop mode installing epic games, getting the icons set up and so on. Is there a way to remote in to do this? It's too small to be comfortable on the deck itself and I don't have the needed stuff to connect a monitor etc.

steam link app on desktop is the easiest way. works out of the box and supports all of the decks buttons so you can swap between desktop and game mode at will.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Risutora posted:

steam link app on desktop is the easiest way. works out of the box and supports all of the decks buttons so you can swap between desktop and game mode at will.

Thanks, will give that a try

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

The 7th Guest posted:

Next Fest demo thoughts: ...

Thanks for your service, some of these look really interesting .

I downloaded a couple of games that both ran like poo poo, which surprised me, but maybe they'll improve when they eventually launch - Potion Permit could barely hit 25fps and Signalis was even slower than that. A pity since they both look ideal for the deck.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Here's a final portable dac/amp wrap up now I've had both for a little bit.

The Qudelix 5k is indeed all it promised to be. The phone app in particular gives you a fantastic amount of control over what it does.

It has multipoint Bluetooth support which is very useful, quite uncommon and worth pointing out. So it can keep 2 connections open at a time. I swap between the Deck and iPad without any need to disconnect it from the other device first. Very useful.

Compared to the iFi Go Blu, the Q5k has more features and control, a fantastic phone app that gives you access to those controls, pEQ features that are unmatched even on higher end desktop amps, fantastic BT distance, a lot more stuff in general - it's wonderfully designed, chock full of thoughtful features. The buttons are harder to use though I hope that gets easier with familiarity.

The iFi really nails the UI for a standalone amp that can be fully controlled without an app or a phone - I find this a killer feature and like not having to use a phone to control or query it. It has far better volume control with a knob and the knob changes the volume at the source too. More power in the output though the Q5k is no slouch on the balanced output and has options in the phone to increase power at the expense of battery life. The iFi doesn't have the amount of options that the Q5k does but it's well designed and fully controllable from the device itself.

The Q5k is a fantastic bargain in the space and costs 60% of the iFi Go Blu while having way more features and being superbly designed. It's the winner by a large margin for value and features. But the iFi has a solid reason to exist and I'm using it more than the Q5k when I'm not flipping between multiple device just for the ease of use without a phone app.

I'd buy the Q5k unless you have a hard to drive headphone where the iFi's power is needed. I'd buy the Q5k even when you need the power if your headphone supports balanced inputs as the Q5k has very good output in that mode - it has 2 amps, one per balanced output.

This review is basically spot on with my experience. It doesn't mention the iFi's support for AptX LL and the Q5k's multipoint Bluetooth support, notable features both.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTI1VBLGY4c

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Truga posted:

the "problem" is steam's way of handling patching files by rewriting the whole file to the disk while patching it, which is generally good practice

issues come up when a game just has one or only a couple asset files, which means even if a patch needs to patch just 1 byte of these files it'll have to rewrite the whole drat thing. path of exile used to have just one data file, and eventually steam patching got so bad it sometimes took several minutes even on an ssd, and needed the whole game worth of free space or patching would fail

they've since limited their data filesize to ~5mb and broke up the file into many small ones and patching is basically instant

From what you said this seems like a game problem, not a Steam problem.

mem
Sep 1, 2005

nekoxid posted:

I have a question:
Resident Evil HD is marked as Deck verified but I get a black screen after the Capcom logo.
Persona 4 Golden is also Deck verified, but it crashes after the startup logos.
Other games (mostly non-deck verified) work fine (I played Crusader Kings II, Valkyria Chronicles, and PSP games via PPSSPP).

I tried to force other Proton versions too but no luck. Did Valve broke something, or am I not doing something right? Did anyone managed to get RE HD and P4G running on deck?

P4G runs great for me, no issues at all and I'm a few hours in. Just ran it with bog standard settings, second game I've played on deck.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Is there a Steam Deck suggestions / requests system beyond their forums? I posted a request there but dunno if that's what the devs use as input: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1675200/discussions/2/6117591958729093812/

It'd be good to get a notification on the Deck/PC if you're currently also playing the same game on the other device. The cloud synched saves aren't good enough, many games only upload to the cloud when you exit at the end and that's too late if you've for example put the game to sleep on the Deck.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Thanks to whoever called out Crystal Project. That's exactly what I'm looking for in a game which is portable/pausable right now. Though I hope it doesn't wait too long before allowing me to mix two class skillsets; I'm almost maxed out on Rogue.

If only the charging cable were a little bit longer so I could comfortable play from handheld while plugged in.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

More demo testin, I should mention most of what I'm demoing are games that were featured during E3 last week:

Goodbye World: 60fps. Potentially interesting narrative game with nice 16-bit visuals (albeit with very grainy processing) and an authentic feeling gameboy game-within-a-game. A story about game development and... I won't say a toxic relationship but a troubled relationship between two people living together trying to achieve their dream. Will probably wait on reviews at release.

Hill Agency: 60fps. A bit too low budget for me despite the style. Just feels too janky. Off the wishlist.

Naiad: 60fps. Relaxing... hm, I guess a top-down walking swimming simulator, you're a guardian spirit of water, just swimmin' around, helping some ducks, singing to plants. A bit too relaxing for me personally, might be a neat game for younger kids. Not wishlisting.

Paper Trail: 60fps. Point and click puzzler involving folding/rolling the page of the room you're in to create new paths. Was a bit annoyed at how hand-holding the opening was until I entered the cave and then I understood why. This is hard! This is a real braintickler this one. Should be very satisfying for puzzleheads. Keeping on the wishlist.

Soundfall: 60fps, with occasional stutter (probably shader cache related). It's fun, though a little simple, and your interest in it may depend on the style of music. It's very indie pop, which I imagine if a Youtube creator played this, they'd feel like they stumbled into the Epidemic Sound catalog (it's not but it sounds like it lol). The music is solid, I'm just cracking wise. This game did freeze while I was in menus though... it wasn't a black screen GPU crash, and it's only the second freeze-up since I got my Deck back at the beginning of June, but.. if you've followed my trevails, you understand why I'm nervous!! Resolution scale defaults to 78% with graphics on high so it's a little fuzzy looking out of the box. Cutscenes, transitions and tutorials have codec issues. I'm going to, for now, chalk the crash up to "not-final build of a released game being run via Proton"

Roots of Pacha: 60fps. A competent Stardew clone set in pre-history, although I side-eye a little at "uh yeah this isn't like any actual culture or people or based on anything, really". hey, devs, I'm sure it's anxiety-inducing to talk to strangers but you can in fact base your games off of real cultures and history, you just need to, like, consult someone. The demo allows you to play for the first 8 days of the game, and boy howdy did they overcorrect for Stardew's short days, these days are loooooong. Feels like a day might be a full half-hour minimum of real-time, compared to the 10-15ish minutes in Stardew. Not wishlisting just because I still have to finish Stardew someday.

Selaco: Mixed fps. This is a solid retro shooter with amazing work done in GZDoom to build what amounts to a taking the FPS experience from the late 2000s and de-mastering it.. so you have regen health back up to 35 (out of 100), while still having health pickups ala Wolfenstein New Order, there's Bulletstorm-style sliding, there's data logs with passwords to remember for keypads ala basically any FPS from the 2000s, you get the ADS of an assault rifle... but you also have the traditional keycards of a DOOM game, the speed of retro FPS movement, and the squishy enemies to splatter. Weapon sound design could be improved, particularly on the cricket pistol, and vibration would help a lot. No controller support on this one so you'll need to rebind M&KB. I went with the "mid-range" graphical option and got 60fps outside of combat, with drops to 30 during combat. Some graphical effects like explosions or being underwater dropped the framerate as well. Keeping wishlisted of course.

Spirittea: 60fps. This life sim is about running a bathhouse for spirits. I think it's decent, but I was confused by why it seemed no matter what I did, the people in the bath were having a bad time. They mention that some spirits don't like being placed next to others, but the demo only has two types of spirits, that apparently hate each other! And themselves! Brushing did nothing despite what the ghost cat claimed... I was keeping the water temperature up. IDK. Some refinement of this might be needed. Also I wish I moved faster. Not wishlisting for now. Will wait on reviews.

Other demos I have left to try (asterisk means I think it's only available until tomorrow): 30 Birds, Above Snakes*, Beneath Oresa, Beyond Sunset, Chester's Revenge, The Courier, Cult of the Lamb, Falling Out, Fashion Police Squad*, Freeride, GhostLore, Gloomwood, Hell Pie, Kulebra & the Souls of Limbo, Legends of Kingdom Rush, Little to the Left, Melatonin*, Midnight Fight Express*, Midnight Girl*, Moonscars*, Near-Mage, NecroSmith*, Nine Sols, Nitro Kid, Paper Trails, Potion Permit, Railbound, Signalis*, Terra Nil, Thunder Ray*, Tinykin, Togges, Detained, Townseek*, Xel*

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 19, 2022

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

lordfrikk posted:

From what you said this seems like a game problem, not a Steam problem.

it is. most devs get their files in order, some don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

mem posted:

P4G runs great for me, no issues at all and I'm a few hours in. Just ran it with bog standard settings, second game I've played on deck.

Same to this. Zero issues with P4G.

OP wouldn’t happen to have old saves they’re trying to jump to on the Deck? I do see a report about that on ProtonDB, FWIW.