Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
My FF14 character was a big blue lady with a black and white pompadour who beat the poo poo outta things with her fists named Josephine Joestar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

verbal enema posted:

My FF14 character was a big blue lady with a black and white pompadour who beat the poo poo outta things with her fists named Josephine Joestar

extremely powerful

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF14:

I discovered the Hall of the Novices, it's cool that the game takes the time to teach people key techniques like 'don't stand in the glowies' and 'don't pull aggro ya dummy'

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

wuggles posted:

Is "Only Murders In The Building" on Hulu considered a cozy murder show? I've been meaning to give that one a shot.

This show is excellent.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think I finally made it to the Endwalker content. The post-Shadowbringer story is very long.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Rarity posted:

FF14:

I discovered the Hall of the Novices, it's cool that the game takes the time to teach people key techniques like 'don't stand in the glowies' and 'don't pull aggro ya dummy'

If you finish all the tutorials you get gear that gives you an earned XP bonus

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Why does everyone keep expecting me to level super fast instead of taking my time and enjoying the content?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Watching a playthrough of the Quarry, hey if I ever see another piece of horror media start off with a late night near-miss highway collision caused by the sudden appearance of a big mammal on the road, I’m going to die irl

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rarity posted:

FF14:

don't worry they train you how to tank wrong, as a joke

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Rarity posted:

Why does everyone keep expecting me to level super fast instead of taking my time and enjoying the content?

Whatever your main job is will level extremely fast no matter what you do, the gear is to help with the other 18

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
disappointed that Dinosaur Butler is a name and not a class

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rarity posted:

For real, one, you're Rarity so lol. And two, FFXIV is not a fast game, leveling in this is pretty slow. You get like 1% of exp for each quest you do.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

This weekend I got through all of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge. Fun nostalgic beatemup, if a bit shallower than SOR4. April O'Neill owns.

So far in 2022 I have completed:

Horizon Zero Dawn (PS5)
Windjammers 2
Nobody Saves the World
Returnal
Horizon Forbidden West
Elden Ring
Demon's Souls (2020)
Dark Souls 2
TMNT: Shredder's Revenge

Up Next: Stray??

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Also later in the game of you wanna do some cool stories you need to have a job of 5 roles levelled from 80 to 90 (tank, healer, melee DPS, ranged DPS, mage).

That said you gain 50% extra EXP on jobs lower than your highest so it's better to hit the level cap on one and then work on the rest.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My go-to lovely mmo name for a while was Beef Supreme

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

I named my hrothgar Cutie. Now whenever I play and a stranger who isn't an npc addresses me by name I panic that I'm about to accidentally enter some kind of ERP scenario. It doesn't help that a lot of people glam into something resembling haute couture underwear.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Strawberry Panties, pro cat girl name

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Do people with joke names regret it when it they get into the story but your friend Urianger is still having to call you Panties or Beef

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gonna go see the thing

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

Do people with joke names regret it when it they get into the story but your friend Urianger is still having to call you Panties or Beef

Probably not. It enhances it for those folks

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The judge in Great Ace Attorney shouts ordar constantly. It's pretty funny.

Ordarr! Ordarrr!!!

Also he looks even more like Santa Claus than the guy from the original trilogy.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
all character names are a joke. either the joke is something funny you wrote, or the joke is what you think is a cool name everyone else has to read

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Jay Rust posted:

Strawberry Panties, pro cat girl name

Come to think of it, I haven't seen her since SB idling at the bridge in Rhalgr's. May have seen her once at the ShB hub, but not at all since EW.

Oh, related to ff14, and since I haven't gotten this out of my system yet y'all get to see my new videogame tattoo:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
what does articuno have to do with ff14

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They really hosed up phoenix's design

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

weirdest chocobo i ever saw

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I’m a bit late to murder mystery chat, but it’s a subject of interest to me so I wanted to chime in.

I used to do a (now defunct) podcast on cozy murder tv, a couple of times we tried some more serious shows like criminal minds, but it was much harder to be funny about a show with that level of murder intensity. More “the vicar hit the postman’s wife with a candlestick because of the baking completion” less buffalo bill poo poo.

As for “why murder” I think there’s a certain level of mystique or romanticism to “solving a murder” even though it’s an objectively horrible event. It’s an excuse to get caught up in the drama of the week and delve into everyone’s deepest secrets. Unfortunately at times, the shows do treat the victims as pretty disposable as a result. The example I best remember is an episode of (I think) Elementary where all we ever saw of the victim was there arm crammed into a washing machine, partially concealed by the load. I think I remember reading Twin Peaks was partially inspired/ a reaction to this “victim disposability”.

Anyway, that’s my mystery rant. Thanks for reading. In other news my FFXIV character also has a big pompadour, because they look great, and sometimes in windy cutscenes it blows around in a funny way. His name is Virgo Starsign.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Throughout all of human history people have been drawn to stories of people who ignore societies conventions. The Epic of Gilgamesh's main hero disses the gods and tries to quest to become immortal/go to the afterlife after his best friend dies and ignores countless people telling him that he has to follow the rules of life. His best friend Enkidu is a literal barbarian wild man who learns to speak by getting hosed for seven days straight. They go on wacky adventures and any time someone says 'Ok dudes this is a holy place so don't kill anything here" Enkidu goes apheshit and kills like 100 cows.

Myths where mortals challenge the gods, comic books about anti-heroes and straight white dude comedians are all really popular and the idea of transgression or taboo that is explored in a safe way seems to be very appealing. Murder is the ultimate transgression of society and it brings up lots of feelings and thoughts. Who Did This, How, Why, They Need To Be Punished, Is That What A Dead Body Looks Like, I Wonder What It Smells Like Haha. A story about catching a thief can be satisfying of course but a thief who also killed a guy gives you lots of free engagement. Thieves can be justified, murders are almost always baddies. Serial Killers are disgusting creeps but there is still a mystique to the idea of a person so far beyond the pale, like they are a different species who lives in a different world.

Pwnstar fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 20, 2022

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i've been murdered before and i honestly didn't think it was that big of a deal

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

We've all been murdered pal.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Edmond Dantes posted:

Come to think of it, I haven't seen her since SB idling at the bridge in Rhalgr's. May have seen her once at the ShB hub, but not at all since EW.

Oh, related to ff14, and since I haven't gotten this out of my system yet y'all get to see my new videogame tattoo:

this tattoo is really fuckin cool and good

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
nobody ever considers whether the murder victim had bad vibes or was just unpleasant to be around

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

nobody ever considers whether the murder victim had bad vibes or was just unpleasant to be around

Murder on the Orient Express

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
we all knew that kid growing up who was always getting murdered just to act cool and show off bc his family rich

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Waffleman_ posted:

Murder on the Orient Express

lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I never saw that dvd, but i assume it's like the doctor who episode on the train with the mummy?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Do not bother with the Braughghn version of that or the Nile murder. They give Poirot's mustache an origin story, it's that bad

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah the Suchet TV movie ones are fine for those two even if they kind of lean into a darker tone than the books (not too successfully) for Orient Express

the Suchet "Five Little Pigs" is goated

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
tbh "five little pigs" is maybe my favorite "classic" mystery novel but the adaptation was really good and I'm surprised it doesn't get filmed more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
do you mean death on the nile? bc lol hulu wants me to watc hthat so fuckin bad, its pathetic how desperate they are. what have i ever watched to make them even push it at me. gal gadot is not enough, any movie with nile in the title i wanna see like giant gods stomping around and ancient civ stuff going on