Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

It's not that hard to not misgender Ezra Miller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
They were taunting the police from their instagram like some Criminal Minds type villain of the week.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jun 19, 2022

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

cptn_dr posted:

It's not that hard to not misgender Ezra Miller.
Not calling you out specifically here but in general it feels a bit odd and high-horsey to worry about Ezra's pronouns being respected while they're out assaulting and grooming fans.

Maybe this is a :cloud: thing.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Nah, it's just that correct pronouns aren't a reward you get for being good, you don't get them taken away for bad behaviour.

It's just a basic decency thing. Ezra Miller is a lovely, lovely person, but they're a lovely nonbinary person and what they're doing makes them awful, but it doesn't make them not nonbinary.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

Not calling you out specifically here but in general it feels a bit odd and high-horsey to worry about Ezra's pronouns being respected while they're out assaulting and grooming fans.

Uh, delete this post.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah as much as I'd like to evict miller from the club it's important to remember that being a piece of poo poo is something anyone can be regardless of gender or lack thereof

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

FilthyImp posted:

gently caress off with this transphobic poo poo

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sadly I think people are just too used to justifying treating someone lovely because they “deserve” it. But maybe it’s best to remember that something like this isn’t really about Ezra Miller. They’re never reading this thread. It’s about how other people feel when they see that easy thing get ignored.

There may not be a lot of mainstream news about Miller now but the film is still kind of nonexistent to most people. I gotta think that once the film is actually in the horizon and being promoted that people will notice what the star of the movie has been doing. They can try and minimize that and put the other cast members forward but there’s no way people aren’t talking about Ezra and their actions at that time, and WB trying to sneak it past everyone probably only makes it worse.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 19, 2022

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Sorry if the misgendering thing was aimed at me,i didn’t even realise.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Sadly I think people are just too used to justifying treating someone lovely because they “deserve” it. But maybe it’s best to remember that something like this isn’t really about Ezra Miller. They’re never reading this thread. It’s about how other people feel when they see that easy thing get ignored.

Yeah, like Caitlin Jenner may be a huge reactionary piece of poo poo that ran over someone with her car and killed them, but that doesn't mean she's not the gender she told us she is, and misgendering her just kinda tells everyone else that you see the social permission to access one's gender as something that should be revoked by people who don't like them.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

STAC Goat posted:

But maybe it’s best to remember that something like this isn’t really about Ezra Miller. They’re never reading this thread. It’s about how other people feel when they see that easy thing get ignored.
Thanks, this contextualizes it pretty well. Thank you and apologies for the insensitive phrasing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

FilthyImp posted:

It is. Old people are poo poo

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I haven't really seen anyone here on SA purposefully misgender anyone recently; I think a number of people just don't know Ezra's pronouns. It's not as if there was a text blast about it, you could have watched everything they've been in and still not know.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I don’t know everyone under the sun’s pronouns and sometimes I forget because I’m old. I do correct myself when I learn or am reminded. That’s what cool people do.

I do wish there was a way to tell someone else they’ve used the wrong ones without coming across as scolding though. Especially on the internet where you can’t read tone. Ah well.

Do unto others and all that

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

BrianWilly posted:

I haven't really seen anyone here on SA purposefully misgender anyone recently; I think a number of people just don't know Ezra's pronouns. It's not as if there was a text blast about it, you could have watched everything they've been in and still not know.

I feel like lately every third post on here is reminding people about it, it definitely seems willfully ignorant in this thread at least

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I'm just looking forward to seeing the police tackle Miller to the ground at the red carpet premiere.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Uhhhh they're on the run mate lol

I'm saying that assuming that they're not a criminal mastermind and somebody will track them down before the movie comes out.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
maybe walter hamada will bail them out of jail for the pressers

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

If the WB guys definitely are finished with Ezra after the movie, that will make the sequel to Justice League pretty awkward..

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Binary Badger posted:

If the WB guys definitely are finished with Ezra after the movie, that will make the sequel to Justice League pretty awkward..

The sequel that's not happening?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I assumed that was the joke

The cops should set up karaoke sets around and they’ll eventually catch Ezra.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Binary Badger posted:

They can just join Jared Leto in the Creepy Fuckhead Who Goes After Underage Girls category.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Imagine being the DC movie actor who makes you think Jared Leto could be worse

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Just thinking it's pretty nuts how both actors who played the main antagonists in the Fantastic beast series turned out to be complete scumbags. Them being scumbags played a significant part in tanking the franchise. W.B. betting big on Ezra Miller could also means hundreds of millions of dollars down the drain with the flash.

Probably one of the worst bets in movie studio history.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Monaghan posted:

Just thinking it's pretty nuts how both actors who played the main antagonists in the Fantastic beast series turned out to be complete scumbags. Them being scumbags played a significant part in tanking the franchise. W.B. betting big on Ezra Miller could also means hundreds of millions of dollars down the drain with the flash.

To be fair I think a significant amount of that can be laid at the feet of Rowling.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah but like even if those stories were awesome you’d still have a hit franchise starting Johnny Depp and Ezra Miller.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair I think a significant amount of that can be laid at the feet of Rowling.

Don't know about Miller but Rowling was definitely responsible for Depp being cast. She's talked about wanting to work with him for a while and supposedly tried to get him cast as Sirius Black back in the day.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Monaghan posted:

You scared me there, I thought Mads had done something now

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's kinda hosed up how Will Smith slaps Chris Rock in the oscars and got all this condemnation and a ban, and Ezra Miller is out there committing legit crimes and WB is still "yes we'll release their big movie still".

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If you can't catch them, they can't go on trial. If they can't go on trial, they can't be found guilty. WB playing the long game.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ezra Miller is the fastest enby alive.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

We need to form a suicide squad of tarnished performers to hunt Ezra down. We got Will Smith. We got Jared Leto. Who else is getting the bomb collar strapped on for this?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

SlimGoodbody posted:

We need to form a suicide squad of tarnished performers to hunt Ezra down. We got Will Smith. We got Jared Leto. Who else is getting the bomb collar strapped on for this?
I mean, the leader has to be Kevin Spacey

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Opopanax posted:

You scared me there, I thought Mads had done something now

And while I know Colin Farrell hasn't had the greatest life I hadn't heard of any allegations against him.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

FlamingLiberal posted:

I mean, the leader has to be Kevin Spacey

Kevin Spacey is the one who gets his head blown off as an example.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
ezra Miller
Jared leto
Kevin spacey
will Smith

one of these is not like the others

site fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 20, 2022

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Toss Amber Heard onto that pile.

The heist can be stealing a rare bottle out of Depp's pirate-themed wine cellar.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 20, 2022

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Uh, no

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

site posted:

ezra Miller
Jared leto
Kevin spacey
will Smith

one of these is not like the others

Will Smith obviously because what he did was pretty funny, but that's why he's the lovable audience insert who makes it out at the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
"I'd like to talk to you about the Arbuckle initiative."