Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

crepeface posted:

is he still as depressed as nick mullen or is he a bit more cheery now

He definitely seems like he’s in a mode of “working for a huge media company hosed me up a lot and I need to rebuild a life that isn’t miserable.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Yeah Jeff was very clearly checked out of Giant Bomb for at least the past year, I do so little gaming these days (at least current gen stuff) that I should probably just cut myself off from the entire Giant Bomb Extended Universe but I'm happy for him getting a much-needed change of pace.

If his pod eventually turns into games news chat, maybe interviewing people like he used to do at E3, then I could be talked into dipping back in.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I think it's great former goon Voidburger works for GiantBomb now :)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

KirbyKhan posted:

Ok fine I'm listening to devopod

chapo trap house devops podcast where the Christman yells about terraform and Felix explains his favorite nvim plugins

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

mawarannahr posted:

chapo trap house devops podcast where the Christman yells about terraform and Felix explains his favorite nvim plugins

chapo trap house style readings but its IT helpdesk tickets

just need a name, a patreon, and three to four cohosts

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 47 minutes!
For some reason I have trouble following the latest two TrueAnon episodes. Like I'll be listening and suddenly realize that I have no idea what's going on beyond covering a series of hosed up people.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

devo guy: america is a corrupt joke, your choices are false choices, there is no hope in this system...but also what is nato doing about friggin PUTIN?!??! nothing! start world war III already!!!

chris: haha uhhh...so uhhh what are your favorite devo songs to play

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

R. Guyovich posted:

devo guy: america is a corrupt joke, your choices are false choices, there is no hope in this system...but also what is nato doing about friggin PUTIN?!??! nothing! start world war III already!!!

the Cold War was amazing for punk music

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

tokin opposition posted:

Ooh look at me I believe in ghosts and I talk to imaginary voices every day. Tumblr rear end poo poo. Grow up and get a real mental illness

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

these two might as well just be saying "lightning bolt! lightning bolt!" at each other

thts right

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Ytlaya posted:

For some reason I have trouble following the latest two TrueAnon episodes. Like I'll be listening and suddenly realize that I have no idea what's going on beyond covering a series of hosed up people.

i could follow the utah one pretty well. the other one i put on during a lunch nap so who knows what happened. certainly not me.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
get tghese dumbass jesus bitches out of my drat pod casts

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i rather get reamed out by an industrial auger than listen to some floozies with the combined iq of a pool of rancid spunk wax abiut their adult love affair with abraham

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Smythe posted:

well said

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lmfao

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Smythe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWICOht1Ago

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Smythe posted:

i rather get reamed out by an industrial auger than listen to some floozies with the combined iq of a pool of rancid spunk wax abiut their adult love affair with abraham

yeah we know you don't want to hear about adult love affairs

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

susan b buffering posted:

i could follow the utah one pretty well. the other one i put on during a lunch nap so who knows what happened. certainly not me.

your username/av is good btw

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Ytlaya posted:

i wasnt paying attention and i thought they were talking about the same guy the entire time

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

haven’t finished the devo ep yet but if your introduction to real politics was two of your friends getting shot to death by the nat guard and then you had to watch the Reagan, Clinton, and bush eras unfold fully aware of what that means, lusting for nuclear fire seems like a reasonable response

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

tokin opposition posted:

your username/av is good btw

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Ytlaya posted:

same and i can't say i really give a poo poo about utah sex cultists though it does sound hosed up (utah is a hosed up state in general, holy hell. though if you're ever in Orem/Provo, Lagoon A Beach is legit great amusement-waterpark combo park, moab area is fun, and the national parks are cool as hell)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

haven’t finished the devo ep yet but if your introduction to real politics was two of your friends getting shot to death by the nat guard and then you had to watch the Reagan, Clinton, and bush eras unfold fully aware of what that means, lusting for nuclear fire seems like a reasonable response

I'm sure it's in the gallows dr strangelove sense and not the robert mueller sense

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I welcome cumtown becoming an ironic podcasts review pod

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Honest Thief posted:

I welcome cumtown becoming an ironic podcasts review pod

The cycle of What Are These Podcasts continues anew.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

R. Guyovich posted:

chris: haha uhhh...so uhhh what are your favorite devo songs to play

funniest part of the episode

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

trads are just doing the lapsed Catholic speedrun. The end result of both is apparently refusing the Eucharist because you don't believe it is the literal body of Christ. For completely different reasons, but it's the same outcome.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Atrocious Joe posted:

funniest part of the episode

Chris was EATING IT UP. He had so much joy.

Edit: TrueAnon Utah pod is what I will play for my son when he asks about where I grew up.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 47 minutes!

Xaris posted:

same and i can't say i really give a poo poo about utah sex cultists though it does sound hosed up (utah is a hosed up state in general, holy hell. though if you're ever in Orem/Provo, Lagoon A Beach is legit great amusement-waterpark combo park, moab area is fun, and the national parks are cool as hell)

There's obviously an interesting story there, but it seems like the sort of thing that's easier to follow in a written medium with accompanying images and stuff. Like Brace/Liz did research on this and were like "this is loving insane, let's discuss it on the pod," but it's much harder to follow if you're just listening to people speak and have zero preexisting awareness of all the characters involved.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

There's obviously an interesting story there, but it seems like the sort of thing that's easier to follow in a written medium with accompanying images and stuff. Like Brace/Liz did research on this and were like "this is loving insane, let's discuss it on the pod," but it's much harder to follow if you're just listening to people speak and have zero preexisting awareness of all the characters involved.

Yeah, seems this way to me too. they obviously anticipated this with their little disclaimers that it would be confusing... they weren't wrong. it's a crazy story but very hard to follow

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ghost stories kinda has that thing. sometimes I h ave no idea what's going on

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

yeah it's true. love his pod but there can be a lot of names of like italian mobsters and politicians i've never heard of. i get lost sometimes but his vibe is so good it doesn't matter, i'm along for the ride

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Enjoyed the latest Tech Won't Save Us ep but also laughed every time they took a beat to talk about what shows they liked and disliked, lol. Just goes to show how deep streaming culture is rooted in all of our heads! Gita's point about Disney (specifically Marvel I think they said) only putting out content to hype up the next piece of content is dead on though, and reminds me of a complaint I saw elsewhere on the forums that Disney has gone from being a company that makes entertainment to one that makes content. Gotta keep people engaged first and foremost, though they aren't the only ones guilty of it.

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Enjoyed the latest Tech Won't Save Us ep but also laughed every time they took a beat to talk about what shows they liked and disliked, lol. Just goes to show how deep streaming culture is rooted in all of our heads! Gita's point about Disney (specifically Marvel I think they said) only putting out content to hype up the next piece of content is dead on though, and reminds me of a complaint I saw elsewhere on the forums that Disney has gone from being a company that makes entertainment to one that makes content. Gotta keep people engaged first and foremost, though they aren't the only ones guilty of it.

The thing I did not agree with was the led vision stuff in the Star Wars shows. He said that there was something about it that stood out making it feel like something was off and the guest talked about it being something to do with the workers doing the VFX. Probably some truth to that, but the easier explanation is that you still have the physical size off the led vision wall (same as a green screen) making the camera moves, in effect, the same as what you can physically do with a green screen.

These shows feel cramped to me, they just feel off.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Ytlaya posted:

it's pretty hard to follow but on the other hand you get to hear liz's delight at the word 'utahn'

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

The thing I did not agree with was the led vision stuff in the Star Wars shows. He said that there was something about it that stood out making it feel like something was off and the guest talked about it being something to do with the workers doing the VFX. Probably some truth to that, but the easier explanation is that you still have the physical size off the led vision wall (same as a green screen) making the camera moves, in effect, the same as what you can physically do with a green screen.

These shows feel cramped to me, they just feel off.
yeah. i mean i guess it was fairly good looking in batman and is an improvement over green screens, though isn't as good as actual sets or locations.

C-Euro posted:

gita/paris's take on disney was good: that it can never end, its always another set up for more content to mine the youtube hype mines

Xaris has issued a correction as of 11:29 on Jun 20, 2022

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

the Ali Mohamed avatar is lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

hell yeah

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Xaris posted:

gita/paris's take on disney was good: that it can never end, its always another set up for more content to mine the youtube hype mines

VERY cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5ZchzyDPJw