Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Riftling posted:

My roster is below with constellations in red; any recommendations on overall team? Any characters I have that I could be using as a main DPS an alternative to those? It looks like I could stick it out with Noelle and hope I get Gorou off the next banner, but I don't want to start investing heavily in a main DPS to have them peter out later.

If you have C6 Noelle, craft a Whiteblind and roll for Gorou on the next banner (if you want, rolling for 4*s is the greatest suffering in this game). You can use Geo MC as a battery too (super low investment, you can slap an Exile set on her and call it a day), but you'll want to get used to placing her E so you can minimize frustrating yourself by putting enemies out of reach.

She won't peter out, I just cleared Abyss with her which is by far the most difficult content in the game. I was using Noelle/Geo MC/[Gorou or Yun Jin]/Fischl as my main team for a long time. Yelan can fit in that Fischl support slot, too, and is who I use now most of the time.

e: and as mentioned, Xiao is really good too. It should really just come down to what play style you like best. Noelle is big numbers, super tanky, and makes your team basically invincible. Ultimate brain off mode, but I find it quite engaging and satisfying.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jun 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Eimi posted:

When you say rewards does that include upgrading the lumenstone? Or is that mainline stuff sticking in?

just usual event rewards like primogems and upgrade materials for characters/weapons (exp, mora, ores, talent mats etc). the event also has a free 4* bow you can earn refines for, but i wouldn't say any of this is worth rushing yourself to get.

the lumenstone is similar to Statues of the Seven for the main regions, or the Frostbearing Tree/Sacred Sakura in Dragonspine and Inazuma. you get the relevant pickups while exploring and turn them in for rewards and minor exploration-related upgrades.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I wouldn't touch Xiao in abyss without ZL. He dies hard to random bullshit, which is like the entire MO of that place. Even with the beefy shield you have to prepare for a few resets because the shield wore off slightly before your Q and you got oneshot/juggled.

Scoss posted:

Don't sleep on Xinyan and the "National" team comp. You could run Bennet - Xinyan - Xinqiu - Sucrose. Chongyun and Yelan can be mixed in as desired, Xinyan and Bennet are really the core there. Xinyan's ult is the single most damaging button press in the game, so you use her and Bennet as a pyro battery/buffer, and then the other two slots are for making melt or vaporize reactions or otherwise pumping that synergy.

:ssh: no one saying anything...

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
lol whoops, I mean Xianling. Do not put Xinyan in a team for any reason.

In my defense there are simply too many characters in this game whose names begin with Xi.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Have Xiao sitting at Level 70 with 6/1/6 Talents now and even with more work still to go he's doing 20k~ damage plunges. Pretty rad. He's really fun to play too, both basic plunge spam and N1C1 Plunge combos are really satisfying.

Right now I'm running him with Jean (4pc Noblesse), Zhongli, and Albedo but I'm thinking I might replace Albedo with Sucrose for more energy battery output since Jean alone leaves gaps in burst generation for Xiao. That or I get some more ER% on Xiao when I get around to getting him a better sands.

Incidentally this is somehow the most work I've ever put into a character so maybe I was a Xiao main all along even though I never bothered pulling for him :v: Yes I very much halfass farming and character development I'm sure I could've beaten all of Abyss a long rear end time ago if I ever bothered to properly farm and invest in characters.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Most recent (I think last?) drum thing was definitely the hardest. Still got like 97% on the second try, but it gets pretty fast.

It hits a nice difficulty balance where I can do it fine, but with effort/concentration. Probably one of my favorite rhythm game implementations I've tried. The buttons always being in the same place lets you play it more like an actual instrument than something like, say, the "Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!" games.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I thought Klee's drum session was absolutely insane, but it still gave me 94% for some reason even though I never knew what the hell I was even supposed to be pushing.

I think Azhdaha was the easiest because it comes with a ton of long holds

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it was a very nice event where i could seemingly fail catastrophically on my keyboard and still get all rewards first-try. i dunno how to really account for it on the survey, i think the ease and lack of friction when it comes to rewards is my main concern for any rhythm event that isn't WASD IJKL based (fake DDR). the beatmapping i've seen on reddit is frankly insane so it does seem to have captured a portion of fans they should probably cater to in the future.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

dogsicle posted:

it was a very nice event where i could seemingly fail catastrophically on my keyboard and still get all rewards first-try. i dunno how to really account for it on the survey, i think the ease and lack of friction when it comes to rewards is my main concern for any rhythm event that isn't WASD IJKL based (fake DDR). the beatmapping i've seen on reddit is frankly insane so it does seem to have captured a portion of fans they should probably cater to in the future.

It actually just struck me that the reason it's ASD on the left hand is because it's ←↓→ on playstation. gg just mapping the left hand side to movement, more or less, for no reason.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I thought Klee's drum session was absolutely insane, but it still gave me 94% for some reason even though I never knew what the hell I was even supposed to be pushing.

I think Azhdaha was the easiest because it comes with a ton of long holds

When fishing for screenshots, I just sorta stopped playing for maybe 1/4 of a song? Still got a 94% lol.

Riftling posted:

My roster is below with constellations in red; any recommendations on overall team? Any characters I have that I could be using as a main DPS an alternative to those? It looks like I could stick it out with Noelle and hope I get Gorou off the next banner, but I don't want to start investing heavily in a main DPS to have them peter out later.

Noelle is always a fine choice, but fwiw I've heard people say Yanfei plays like a less kludgy Klee. No idea how true that is, because I have no Klee, but Yanfei's pretty good if you like the mage life. Raise up Xinqiu or Yelan (or both) and you'll be pretty alright for much of anything. For a fourth probably noelle or jean, just to have a healer. Barbara'd be fine, and you might actually appreciate her auto-revive, depending on how often you find yourself dead.

I'd probably go with Xingqiu, just because it'll probably be easier to get him in decent shape. Guess that sorta depends on how you feel about fighting the snake in the chasm vs. fighting the oceanid, and also if you have a sacrificial sword laying around. Speaking of which, you'll also probably want to work on that fischl, she's useful as hell. Especially for the oceanid, but just in general. She'd also make a nice 4th, if you don't need/want a healer.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

What world level are you? Lots of teams work at lower world levels.

I'd go with Xiangling/Xingqiu/Yelan/Bennet if you're worried about "wasted resources". All of them have plenty of teams in the late game, so investment in them will never be lost. That being said you have a very fun roster, and I'd find out which characters you love playing as then ask for team around them.

None of these characters will really pop until you get adventure rank 45 or so. Then you get 2 5 star artifacts per domain, and you build for more consistent burst uptime.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

dogsicle posted:

just usual event rewards like primogems and upgrade materials for characters/weapons (exp, mora, ores, talent mats etc). the event also has a free 4* bow you can earn refines for, but i wouldn't say any of this is worth rushing yourself to get.

the lumenstone is similar to Statues of the Seven for the main regions, or the Frostbearing Tree/Sacred Sakura in Dragonspine and Inazuma. you get the relevant pickups while exploring and turn them in for rewards and minor exploration-related upgrades.

Ah thanks for explaining. Turns out despite beating the chasm quest, it just tells me to do more main story quests anyway. :negative: (I mean it was still fun running around there, and it let me get ascension mats for Yelan finally but rip)

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013

Perhaps you might enjoy a Sucrose taser team, like Sucrose/Fischl/Yelan/Jean? Her skill and burst clump enemies together, which is still pretty valuable in endgame, and make it easy to spread electro-charged. In this comp, Jean gives healing, batteries, and anemo resonance, but you could also try other members like Klee (mining, bomblets), Bennett (healing, setting grass on fire), Xiangling (pyronado).

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
Thanks all. I'm still just AR 34, so I have plenty of time to figure things out. I'll play around with Yanfei and some of the others to see if any of their playstyles jive more with me. I'm pretty addicted to having Yelan in the party for her overworld mobility, but outside of her, nobody's really hooked me hard just yet. Noelle definitely feels strong with Whiteblind, so if I get lucky and can grab Gorou next banner, she'll probably be my fallback.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

None of these characters will really pop until you get adventure rank 45 or so. Then you get 2 5 star artifacts per domain, and you build for more consistent burst uptime.

This makes a lot more sense now. I was wondering how people get such consistent burst uptime, so it makes sense that's also an artifact optimization thing and not entirely a party composition thing.

Is there anything I should be focusing on burning my resin on before 45? Weapon/Talent rank up materials mostly?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Riftling posted:

Is there anything I should be focusing on burning my resin on before 45? Weapon/Talent rank up materials mostly?

and leylines, you'll probably need the cash/level up books.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Riftling posted:

Thanks all. I'm still just AR 34, so I have plenty of time to figure things out. I'll play around with Yanfei and some of the others to see if any of their playstyles jive more with me. I'm pretty addicted to having Yelan in the party for her overworld mobility, but outside of her, nobody's really hooked me hard just yet. Noelle definitely feels strong with Whiteblind, so if I get lucky and can grab Gorou next banner, she'll probably be my fallback.

This makes a lot more sense now. I was wondering how people get such consistent burst uptime, so it makes sense that's also an artifact optimization thing and not entirely a party composition thing.

You should ascend your characters to the level cap for your world level, and level up the talents that see use in the field. Leveling up weapons is also a good idea, but you may want to consult the document to see which weapons are useful. There are a ton of weapons that just sit in your inventory and collect dust. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gNxZ2xab1J6o1TuNVWMeLOZ7TPOqrsf3SshP5DLvKzI/pubhtml?gid=654398186

Look up a character you want to build, and see what weapons they want and what order you should level up their talents. Some of the rankings are just nerds bickering, but overall it's a solid guide when you're not sure what to do.

Zenostein posted:

and leylines, you'll probably need the cash/level up books.

You get more mora and exp books up until WL7, I believe, so only run those if you need them.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Finally snagged the Toki Alley Tales achievement after a few weeks of fishing, still 1,000 fish to go for that other achievement.

Only major block of achievements left that aren't time gated are the spiral abyss ones, not looking forward to doing those lol

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I hadn't paid much attention and figured I could bust out the event in the ~3 hours I had to play today before it went away, like with most Genshin events.
Turns out I had to play through all of the Chasm story first because the quick-start thing doesn't work for that, which took like 2 hours, and then the event story quest itself took like another 2 hours, probably 75% of which was waiting for unskippable text boxes to scroll fast enough (seriously PLEASE let me advance text faster, i promise i'm really reading it). By the time I finished the story quest it was 1 hour past the end date of the event.

RIP bow, I will never see you again :smith:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

(seriously PLEASE let me advance text faster, i promise i'm really reading it)

No, you see this is serious story that you need to spend time digesting. I'm sorry if you tried to skip the masterwork of fiction where everything is repeated several dozen times but our content relies on your spending a static time on story stuff. Otherwise you'll read through ten minutes of writing we produced over six months and then complain. - Mihoyo

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Did they add more teams yet? Or say anything at all about it?

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
I'm happy I pulled Yelan because I have no idea what I'm doing, and it's big fun. I've put so many hours into the game so far without using hydro or a bow, so of course the first 5 star I get is her. I could do the standard thing and sit and read a guide but I'd rather just machine gun arrows and flip the gently caress around, serenely learning as I go

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

The Finn posted:

I'm happy I pulled Yelan because I have no idea what I'm doing, and it's big fun. I've put so many hours into the game so far without using hydro or a bow, so of course the first 5 star I get is her. I could do the standard thing and sit and read a guide but I'd rather just machine gun arrows and flip the gently caress around, serenely learning as I go

This is the way to do. Eventually you'll get to the "man, stuff takes forever to kill" phase, and you'll start looking up better damage comps/strategies.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Yelan is billed as "5* Xingqiu" but I've toyed around with running the both of them with an Anemo unit + Zhongli and it's some great non-reaction damage. Xingqiu (with constellations) and Zhongli both shred Hydro Res naturally and then there's the 4pc VV set for the Anemo unit of your choice that shreds even more. There's probably some diminishing returns on stacking that much Res Shred but it's pretty fun to just machine gun a million water shots per second for high damage without even worrying about element application and reactions. Only caveat is that it's very single target focused.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Below 0% it drops to half effectiveness iirc. Meaning if you have 50% shred and their starting resistance is 25% then you only get half of your remaining 25% shred once they hit zero, putting them at -12.5% res.

I really like electroshock teams and I am trying to decide between beidou, fishl, or yae for the electro source in a sucrose/yelan/xingqiu comp.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

New player here, at AR 34 right now, just starting Inazuma. Have had pretty bad luck with my rolls so far; lots of dupes and basically the minimum possible number of 4* under the pity system. I've got ~20 rolls saved up and am wondering whether I should spend them on Yelan's banner before it's gone, or save them (plus the next few weeks of rolls) to ensure I can get Kazuha in the rerun that everyone is saying will happen. I've done 50 rolls on Yelan so am approaching soft pity fairly quickly.

Currently I'm running Razor/Kaeya/Barbara/Xiangling as my main team. My full available roster is:

Amber
Barbara (C3)
Kaeya
Kujou Sara
Lisa
Noelle
Razor
Sayu (C1)
Traveler
Xiangling
Yanfei

Any advice is welcome!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Setec_Astronomy posted:

New player here, at AR 34 right now, just starting Inazuma. Have had pretty bad luck with my rolls so far; lots of dupes and basically the minimum possible number of 4* under the pity system. I've got ~20 rolls saved up and am wondering whether I should spend them on Yelan's banner before it's gone, or save them (plus the next few weeks of rolls) to ensure I can get Kazuha in the rerun that everyone is saying will happen. I've done 50 rolls on Yelan so am approaching soft pity fairly quickly.

Currently I'm running Razor/Kaeya/Barbara/Xiangling as my main team. My full available roster is:

Amber
Barbara (C3)
Kaeya
Kujou Sara
Lisa
Noelle
Razor
Sayu (C1)
Traveler
Xiangling
Yanfei

Any advice is welcome!

Both Yelan and Kazuha would be great adds to your roster. They both hit hard, can be used in alot of teams, and have overworld travel powers.

Do you buy the welkin moon or are you free to play? This can effect how you may want to roll since you have to consider you might lose the 50/50 coin flip for the 5 star. We also have no idea who's going to be on Kazuha's banner.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'd lean more towards waiting for Kazuha. you don't have a guarantee on either 5* but Kazuha will probably have better 4* options to fill out/strengthen your roster and you can always save starglitter to buy Xingqiu in the September Paimon shop if you need more hydro support. meanwhile if you keep rolling for Yelan, you can still get a couple useful early 4* constellations (Yanfei C1, Noelle C1) but nothing gamechanging without somehow taking Noelle/Barbara fully to C6.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Do you buy the welkin moon or are you free to play?

I bought the welkin moon but not the battle pass. I'd like to not buy any crystals directly as it seems like a pretty poo poo deal.

dogsicle posted:

i'd lean more towards waiting for Kazuha. you don't have a guarantee on either 5* but Kazuha will probably have better 4* options to fill out/strengthen your roster and you can always save starglitter to buy Xingqiu in the September Paimon shop if you need more hydro support. meanwhile if you keep rolling for Yelan, you can still get a couple useful early 4* constellations (Yanfei C1, Noelle C1) but nothing gamechanging without somehow taking Noelle/Barbara fully to C6.

Thank you for the advice! I was leaning towards waiting for Kazuha as well.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Pope Urbane II posted:

Khaenri'ah is an anagram for Ah'nerikha, which I choose to pronounce in a way that is phonetically similar to America spoken by someone with a cold.

Khaenri'ah, gently caress yeah.

Judging from the names of the few Khaenri’ahn characters we’ve gotten they seem to go Norse in theme.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Dumped some rolls into the new banner and managed to strike gold. C2 Gorou, C1 Shinobu and I lost the 50/50 so guaranteed Kazuha when his rerun comes around. Then lost my mind and dumped 70 rolls into the weapon banner and managed to walk away with the Redhorn Stonethresher so I am never rolling on the weapon banner again lol.

Time to farm some handguards.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
No miracle last day off-pity Yelan :(

Hopefully she comes back in a reasonable timeframe, instead of becoming the next Kazuha.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

After futzing around with characters, I'm leaning towards Xiao/Yelan/Xingqui/Jean to gear up first. I had mostly forgotten about Xiao since I pulled him right before I quit last time, but I love how zippy he feels. I saw some complaints about how spamming his cancel plunge in burst feels jank, but it feels a lot more engaging to me than normal attack spam with Noelle. It's also really satisfying watching Yelan and Xingqui's bursts just pin needle bosses down while Xiao makes it rain spears. Jean also feels great as a battery for him, even though Sucrose might be the more efficient choice to gear up first.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Do plunge attacks trigger XQ/Yelan ult procs? I thought it was just normal attacks.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

No, with Xiao supposedly the optimal thing is to do 2NA/Plunge with Yelan's and/or Xinqiu's bursts active.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Do plunge attacks trigger XQ/Yelan ult procs? I thought it was just normal attacks.

They don't trigger it, but spamming his JET combo will trigger both XQ/Yelan's off the N1. It feels like Yelan's works 100% of the time, but XQ's can fail if you cancel too fast -- not noticeably enough to discourage using him, though.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Oof, those were some pulls. No 5* yet, but a bunch of largely useless 4* weapons, like four C7 Chong's, C2 Gorou and one Kuki.. plus a C6 Bennett. :mad:

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Two pulls to land Shinobu.

Please, Heizou, be as kind. I won't complain too hard about getting Klee if I have to, but I would rather save that pity.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

sushibandit posted:

I really like electroshock teams and I am trying to decide between beidou, fishl, or yae for the electro source in a sucrose/yelan/xingqiu comp.

Fischl is the queen of electroshock teams. She has her ascension skill Undone Be Thy Sinful Hex which adds a bonus attack on any electro reaction. Electro-Charged can be refreshed with either hydro or electro, and it counts as an electro reaction either way. You'll also be swirling electro with Sucrose, which is another electro reaction.

The talent page on Fischl doesn't tell you the cooldown on Undone Be They Sinful Hex, but it does have one, and it's 0.5 seconds. If you cause electro reactions fast enough you hypothetically can get an extra 2 attacks per second out of Fischl. I don't think it's possible to reach that cap, which essentially means there is no cap. Somewhere in that number explosion is a ton of extra damage that Fischl is piling on.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Completely forgot the new banner went up today. Probably going to do what I usually do and wait a bit before doing any rolls and limit it to 50 pity Shinobu or not. My hope is to get some leaks during 2.8 assuming the beta for Sumeru is up by then and I can get an idea about some of these Sumeru servants coming up and decided what I'm going to do then. With it seemingly so close now I want to be pretty conservative with my rolls. I probably do want in on Kazuha too but wven then going to wait it out as long as I can. What I like about this game is that despite being global you can get info sometimes weeks ahead of time on whats coming up and use it to decide basically. Very little attempts to blindside really.

Kale fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jun 21, 2022

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
There will almost certainly be Sumeru leaks during 2.8, or earlier, as beta commences in like a week iirc? But what intrigues me more is the potential for drip marketing. I don't know if we'll get the usual "here are the characters in the next patch" reveals or not, but they'd be fools not to have a steady drip drip of hype for the next two months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I don't know if we'll get the usual "here are the characters in the next patch" reveals or not, but they'd be fools not to have a steady drip drip of hype for the next two months.

Why wouldn't they drip market? It's always been the last week of the current patch.