Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

latifi is worse than i thought, he was a solid minute behind whoever was second to last at one point

piastri drive when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
this sport is over

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Ferrari cowards should’ve put Sainz on mediums.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Buckle up! It's only getting worse from here!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

God Verstappen and Red Bull sucks.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Kirios posted:

Max dominance would loving bore me, but he is good tbh.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

LochNessMonster posted:

Ferrari cowards should’ve put Sainz on mediums.

Ferrari's only issue today was hiring Sainz

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Kirios posted:

Seeing as they've got themselves very comfortable leads in both the WDC and WCC at the moment, I would posit that it's actually the other teams and/or drivers that suck. But who knows, maybe in the course of this season they'll manage to suck less and grab some wins!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

italian quid posted:

the only difference between sainz and leclerc is that leclerc usually starts off in front of the frog before losing to him whilst sainz rationalises the situation

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Extending Sainz was a horrible idea.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

as a former papaya sainz is good actually

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

italian quid posted:

All twinks in red is good actually

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Thanks Ants posted:

If Latifi gets replaced then he will be 22nd out of 20 drivers

Even mazepin only finished 21st in a 20 car championship

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

max and newey are generational talents
horner and checo are generationally handsome

we should all be so lucky to witness such dominance

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

max and newey are generational talents
horner and checo are generationally handsome

we should all be so lucky to witness such dominance

I'd rather watch the 2020 season all over again

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Glad I didn't get up early to watch what sounds like an absolute shitshow. Think I'll give the replay a miss.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Give me Lewis' reign over Max's any day of the week.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Yeah that was a pretty exciting race. gently caress Max and all but he’s fast as hell and in a really good car. We’re just going to have to deal with it.

gently caress.

Also good drive from Sharl and man Mercedes has clawed their way back into relevance with the weird collapse-bodied car. I’m into it.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Bloody Pom posted:

Glad I didn't get up early to watch what sounds like an absolute shitshow. Think I'll give the replay a miss.

It was actually a very fun race, Max won sure but the rest was eventful.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The true winner of the day were all of the jack men in the pit crews

o7

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Alfa Romeo had a good day.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Zhou is putting in a great showing for his rookie year, he'd probably be doing even better if he wasn't saddled with a PU with a lap lifespan measured in double digits.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Bloody Pom posted:

The race was great OP.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Zedd posted:

Max dominance would loving bore me, but he is good tbh.

Yeah, I love hating on Max, but if he was racing for any other team I wouldn't hate him as much.

Remove Horner and Marko and I would probably be fine with Red Bull as a team.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Custard Undies posted:

Yeah, I love hating on Max, but if he was racing for any other team I wouldn't hate him as much.

Remove Horner and Marko and I would probably be fine with Red Bull as a team.

Yeah Max is a great driver and it's ok to say that.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Yeah agreed if Max wasn't satanic evil I wouldn't hate Max!

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Max seems like he's mellowed out quite a bit and has the respect of other drivers, but I still need a villain

His dad is still a fuckhead, though

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

curried lamb of God posted:

Max seems like he's mellowed out quite a bit and has the respect of other drivers, but I still need a villain

He’s still a whiny rear end in a top hat on the radio he’s just fast as hell. Sucks but we are kinda stuck.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

100%

LeeMajors posted:

He’s still a whiny rear end in a top hat on the radio he’s just fast as hell. Sucks but we are kinda stuck.

All drivers are whiny assholes on the radio though.

Except for Kimi, he was like 50% whiny 50% whatever.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

nonchalant max is cool

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Cimber posted:

I'm not surprised Carlos hosed that up.

No one expects the Spanish in position.

:golfclap:

There were a few different coloured bins for this weekend, not merely that McLaran's cars are poo poo and their drivers are helpless. Alpha Tauri massively failed, and I assume Haas crossed some French god. Vettel seemed to give up after his qualifying failure, but Stroll saved the day with a shiny new point and no walls were harmed...yet. The real loser of the day was Alonso who was owed better than that 7th place to a bunch of chancers gifted easy places by safety cars and cheap pitstops they did not deserve.

Relying on safety cars as a strategy is getting a bit ridiculous, I think they should limit the safety car pitstops you can do and make them less of a temptation to go in. Then if one holds a safety car pitstop in reserve that might be a better tactic later in a race than one who used theirs earlier.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol it would be rad as hell if the FIA banned tire changes during safety car or VSC (i guess they could be allowed to fix damaged aero or deal with punctures)

e: close only the pit exit during safety car lmao

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Alonso got demoted to 9th for excessive weaving

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Custard Undies posted:

100%

All drivers are whiny assholes on the radio though.

Except for Kimi, he was like 50% whiny 50% whatever.

I can’t put my finger why George seems the worst.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

ewe2 posted:

:golfclap:

There were a few different coloured bins for this weekend, not merely that McLaran's cars are poo poo and their drivers are helpless. Alpha Tauri massively failed, and I assume Haas crossed some French god. Vettel seemed to give up after his qualifying failure, but Stroll saved the day with a shiny new point and no walls were harmed...yet. The real loser of the day was Alonso who was owed better than that 7th place to a bunch of chancers gifted easy places by safety cars and cheap pitstops they did not deserve.

Relying on safety cars as a strategy is getting a bit ridiculous, I think they should limit the safety car pitstops you can do and make them less of a temptation to go in. Then if one holds a safety car pitstop in reserve that might be a better tactic later in a race than one who used theirs earlier.

Pit stops under safety car should just come with a 5 second time penalty or something. It can be a little stronger than a regular stop but should not gain you 5+ seconds just like that. I also hate the free repairs and tire changes under red flags. Obviously disallowing it entirely is bad for safety reasons but you can add a time penalty to that as well to at least make it a little more of a tradeoff rather than having a red flag be an entire field tire reset.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

If there’s one thing I hate it’s safety cars causing a ripple in otherwise exciting and varied strategy

While we’re at it the FIA should make rain illegal too

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

This is truly heinous to me, are people really upset about people gaining advantage because they gambled on safety cars

Is todays race better if max just gets a 30 second lead and maintains that for 50 laps

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Anime Store Adventure posted:

If there’s one thing I hate it’s safety cars causing a ripple in otherwise exciting and varied strategy

While we’re at it the FIA should make rain illegal too

Anime Store Adventure posted:

This is truly heinous to me, are people really upset about people gaining advantage because they gambled on safety cars

Is todays race better if max just gets a 30 second lead and maintains that for 50 laps

You forgot to switch accounts before replying to yourself OP.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

LochNessMonster posted:

You forgot to switch accounts before replying to yourself OP.

I got the second post for free because it happened under a safety car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Griefor posted:

Pit stops under safety car should just come with a 5 second time penalty or something. It can be a little stronger than a regular stop but should not gain you 5+ seconds just like that. I also hate the free repairs and tire changes under red flags. Obviously disallowing it entirely is bad for safety reasons but you can add a time penalty to that as well to at least make it a little more of a tradeoff rather than having a red flag be an entire field tire reset.

is this a real opinion that people have because lmao, just lmao