Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Money T’s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1538707954253242368

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
So they’re sign and trading him then.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bismack Billabongo posted:

So they’re sign and trading him then.

googling airfare to temecula

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Man I can’t wait for trade season. Gimme the deals. I need ASSETS

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Just a feeling but I think this is going to be a very DEALS-heavy draft night

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

100% right move

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

NickRoweFillea posted:

Man I can’t wait for trade season. Gimme the deals. I need ASSETS

im lightweight dreading the trade season as i love all my sons

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how many years in a row do you think the finals will be 6 games? so far it's four years in a row. i think it will be four years in a row.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

This is a cool power move. Arturas just dialing all the other GMs telling them "He's ours suckers"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I just remembered that literally no draft pick before Coby White is still on the team. Bulls are loving garbage at drafts.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Cavauro posted:

how many years in a row do you think the finals will be 6 games? so far it's four years in a row. i think it will be four years in a row.

What is the most common number of games in the NBA Finals (in this format)? 6 sounds right to me, not a blowout but one team is clearly better. 4-5 makes one question what the other conference was even doing (or that the winner was inordinately dominant), while 7 feels like a special event, for the rare series that could truly have gone either way.

I don't know about 4 years in a row, but I predict of the next 5 Finals series, 3 will be decided in 6 games.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sweep - 9
five games - 18
six games - 30
seven games - 19

mostly seems to line up with your feelings. you've got a good head on your shoulders

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Cavauro posted:

sweep - 9
five games - 18
six games - 30
seven games - 19

mostly seems to line up with your feelings. you've got a good head on your shoulders

Thanks for the info/compliment. More game 7s than I would have guessed, but I suppose that's a good thing.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
https://mobile.twitter.com/JDumasReports/status/1538585555461496833

edit: agh, lovely embed cropping. Suffice it to say mans looks like he being straight-up weekend at bernies'd.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Antman is so much fun in Hustle. With just a few lines he steals the show.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Tae posted:

I just remembered that literally no draft pick before Coby White is still on the team. Bulls are loving garbage at drafts.

Eh, Bulls problems were less in their draft picks, and more in the people developing and using those players. Even under Garpax.

Wendell is loving balling down in Orlando, Lauri is a rotational player for the Cavs, Gafford is a solid dunker center.
lol chandler huchinson,
Denzel was a serviceable rotation player his first two years until he lost his knees, and as someone who was only just a borderline NBA athlete losing that bit of athleticism just killed him, but also he was a loving idiot so lol.
Portis still balling, Dougie McBucketts is still in the league.
Tony Snell also still in the league lol
lol Marquise Teague,
That Jimmy Butler kid I hear decent things about,
James Johnson and Taj Gibson had alright careers.
rip Derrick Rose, Noah is p great.

Like where the bulls were always picking from they probably drafted around league average maybe above average. The Bulls problem was that like they were never ever bad enough to get into the top of a draft as well as that until Billy, they've had like 7 years of bad coaching between Hoiberg and Boylen.

Also their two superstar level draft picks one got career altering injury hosed, and the other the front office was loving dumb as loving rocks and traded him away after blowing it up because their dumb loving asses built a team around Jimmy Butler with Negative Shooting but 3 alphas(MY VETS).

Drafting(in the first round) is honestly the one thing I didn't have much of a problem with GarPax on. Their second round shenanigans were shameful, but gotta keep the Dorfs happy.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jun 20, 2022

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Before Luka and Jalen, the last Mavs pick worth a drat was Jae Crowder? And before that, uh, Josh Howard. Just awful drafting.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

jackofarcades posted:

Before Luka and Jalen, the last Mavs pick worth a drat was Jae Crowder? And before that, uh, Josh Howard. Just awful drafting.

Devin Harris.

Edit:

Roddy B, Vassilis Spanoulis, and Shane Larkin all won EuroLeague titles lol.

Basically every other recent/decent Mavs developed player went undrafted. Finney-Smith, Maxi Kleber, and JJ Barea.

Yogi Ferrell made the all-rookie team as a Mav but played 10 games for Brooklyn the season prior.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jun 20, 2022

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I guess the Bulls got a decent return for Jimmy though all things considered. Coulda been worse. Even better if they'd used the 7th pick for something better than Markannen but tbf a lot of teams missed out on Donovan/Bam/OG/Jarrett Allen/Kuzma/Derrick White

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jun 20, 2022

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I always laugh when I remember the Bulls had Hoiberg as their coach.

Because, y'know, the last Iowa State coach they hired was such a success.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Tae posted:

Patrick Williams and Ayo are still on the team.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Lockback posted:

Those are post-Coby picks.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

Those are post-Coby picks.

Oh, missed the before. I mean yeah Bulls have been pretty bad at drafting since the Rose/Noah/Deng era (for a while there they had a great run though), though they also made the decision to go out and buy a team instead of growing one so I guess not having 2nd contract guys makes some sense.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
As long as we’re looking at Finals stats, how many series actually go perfectly as predicted by home-court advantage?

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Lockback posted:

I know it's been brought up that they were post-Coby, but it should also be pointed out that the leadership changed completely between Coby and the rest of these picks. I love Coby, but Williams and Ayo (particularly Ayo, considering his placement in the draft) were both good drafts. I'm disappointed with how last season ended, but drat if it wasn't more promising than anything Chicago Bulls fans have seen in close to a decade before.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
No Knicks!!! Don't do it!

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1538873230534090755

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1538873230534090755?t=um_3G6xY5iPEkYZ-9InZsA&s=19

Kyrie signing saga is going to be an amazing gift to us. I think my bias is towards the Knicks because that'll provide better SAS rants.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Durant and Ben Simmons as your two stars is certainly something

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Harlock posted:

what if it's Durant, Ben Simmons, and Russ

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Aye Doc posted:

what if it's Durant, Ben Simmons, and Russ

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Okc is hyped about getting more picks for taking bad salary. Presti is stocking that war chest so he can offer 15 firsts for Vic.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Harlock posted:

Kyrie playing in Brooklyn didn't really help the team all that much.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Drunk Canuck posted:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1538873230534090755?t=um_3G6xY5iPEkYZ-9InZsA&s=19

Kyrie signing saga is going to be an amazing gift to us. I think my bias is towards the Knicks because that'll provide better SAS rants.

gently caress yes. lmao

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The 15 games kyrie plays for Utah will be fun

Calidus posted:

Okc is hyped about getting more picks for taking bad salary. Presti is stocking that war chest so he can offer 15 firsts for Vic.

We have no cap space

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1538885420414603264

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Hornets overpaying for Turner feels like destiny at this point but at least he’d be a perfect fit (other than health)

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Metapod posted:

The 15 games kyrie plays for Utah will be fun

We have no cap space

Oh I forgot about the Kemba money didn’t I.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

I wonder if there a Brogdan for Sexton trade to be made. Indiana gets younger player under contract, Cleveland doesn’t have to worry about having two small guards as their starting back court.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/kyrieirving/status/1538890452660654081?s=21&t=SGD_uvFLiRnx-Zqm4LS_hg

Kyrie to Baltimore confirmed