Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

https://twitter.com/Bitfinexed/status/1538567016587612166?t=lhyxPqXuQ8dVaINVA1JWxQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
see? It will bounce back

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

y'all think now is a good time to pick up some 'coin or should i wait for a deeper dip?

Now's the best time to buy DoritoCoin and also SalsaCoin so you can 'dip' your coins on the Blockchain 24/7/365

Criss-cross
Jun 14, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

That seems a very weak correlation, considering Bitcoin started falling significantly last year.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Celsius bagholders are trying to do a short squeeze ala gamestop by buying up $CEL tokens. The desperation is astonishing.

quote:

OkSystem3281
5 hr. ago

Dont sell till $100 guys...this isnt about quick 2x gains.
This is about liquidating ALL the shorts, and making 100x gains!
DO NOT SELL YET.

quote:

TheMiz_wDiamondHndz
5 hr. ago

$100 you mean $1,000

quote:

Xplorer2022
6 hr. ago

This could be bigger than Gamestop if people coordinate well.

Stay organised. Stay united. HODL.

quote:

Mynamethisisnot
2 hr. ago

I will sell at 100$ so I can at least recover some of my lost crypro in Celsius.

(it's currently trading at $0.88)

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

HappyHippo posted:

Celsius bagholders are trying to do a short squeeze ala gamestop by buying up $CEL tokens. The desperation is astonishing.

chump and pump.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Number go up.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
https://twitter.com/chevrolet/status/1538899519257071618?s=21&t=jsZK6574P7lZUpIQsVysMg Super funny to think that people spent an entire year working within a giant corporation just to get in on a scam… And it’s done

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Protocol7 posted:

Number go up.

exactly what i'm thinking.........

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Hey listen.... I don't mean to be a FUDer but.... what if number doesn't go up?

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Jesus, normally I laugh at these people but, god drat, this one makes me feel bad

quote:

It feels like my world is coming apart. I have all of my crypto on Celsius. I come from a blue cillar background. I sold my parents house and I had to buy crypto in $100 and $1000 increments steadily over the past 10 years to build my BTC portfolio. I sacrificed so many things to buy crypto. Home repairs, family trips, a much needed new vehicle so I can invest for the future. My wife PLEADED for me to sell our BTC at 68K. I did not listen. Now all of our money is gone. Me and my wife have not been intimate let alone a hug or a kiss since the crypto crash. She did not tell me happy father's day. We have an old iPad which still pings onto my apple account whenever someone logs on. She downloaded some dating apps. I confronted her about it. She says she is stressed out about my "childish" and "insane" financial decisions and was looking for new set of ears to talk to. I promised my son I would buy him new dirt bike for local July 4 bikefest. The lad has kept his grades up all year, improved his behaviour and even got a cheap helmet from a yard sale in anticipation for his bike. I cannot afford it now. I dont know how to tell him. He just asked me last week am I still going to buy it. I told him yes. I can't sleep. I can't eat. I can't focus at work. I really wish Alex would let us have access to our money. He has no idea the damage he is causing families!

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

HappyHippo posted:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Unlike stonks, there is nothing stopping CEL from minting a fuckload more coins so their own positions institutional investors take them for whatever they have left

EDIT

quote:

It feels like my world is coming apart. I have all of my crypto on Celsius. I come from a blue cillar background. I sold my parents house and I had to buy crypto in $100 and $1000 increments steadily over the past 10 years to build my BTC portfolio. I sacrificed so many things to buy crypto. Home repairs, family trips, a much needed new vehicle so I can invest for the future. My wife PLEADED for me to sell our BTC at 68K. I did not listen. Now all of our money is gone. Me and my wife have not been intimate let alone a hug or a kiss since the crypto crash. She did not tell me happy father's day. We have an old iPad which still pings onto my apple account whenever someone logs on. She downloaded some dating apps. I confronted her about it. She says she is stressed out about my "childish" and "insane" financial decisions and was looking for new set of ears to talk to. I promised my son I would buy him new dirt bike for local July 4 bikefest. The lad has kept his grades up all year, improved his behaviour and even got a cheap helmet from a yard sale in anticipation for his bike. I cannot afford it now. I dont know how to tell him. He just asked me last week am I still going to buy it. I told him yes. I can't sleep. I can't eat. I can't focus at work. I really wish Alex would let us have access to our money. He has no idea the damage he is causing families!

:smith:

Vampire Panties fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 20, 2022

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

the holy poopacy posted:

carrying a tether printer across town hoping my crush will notice me, but it turns out she has a bf

Quand j′ai couru porter mon imprimante à Marinette…

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Until a majority of people actually try to withdraw money from all the exchanges, Tether can prop up the BTC price as much as it wants by printing more. If people just sell Bitcoin and have a "$50K balance" inside of Binance or wherever, Tether can continue the scam by using $40K of that money to buy Bitcoin while telling you that yes your balance is actually $50K of real USD, your exchange app says so! I think at this point most people that did sell are still keeping the money inside the exchanges to try and buy some dips or other shitcoins later. So the ponzi can live on at the moment (albeit at a reduced price).

Tether printing can probably keep this at 20K indefinitely until there are more fireworks like https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/usdd/ still being depegged. If USDD implodes we'll have another nosedive to the next floor level.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 20, 2022

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

HappyHippo posted:

Jesus, normally I laugh at these people but, god drat, this one makes me feel bad

Paper hands, paper rich.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

lmao the celsius ceo is named mashinsky

hello i am human CEO mashinsky

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast

HappyHippo posted:

Here's another of his posts if you want to stop feeling bad!

quote:

-5 points · 5 days ago
BITCOIN JUST ROSE PAST 22K! I told you idiots BTC would NEVER fall under 20k. Continue to suffer with erectile and financial dysfunction fiat-gots!
Shame the kid won't get his dirt bike though

Mouzer
May 9, 2006
Feed the fish!

HappyHippo posted:

I was sympathetic riiiight up until that last line and it's gone.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Well maybe he'll learn some humility and empathy- hahaha no as soon as it is back up again he will not

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

why so sad? 1 bitcoin = 1 bitcoin

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Well, there's where the Tether money printer went. Probably also bad news good news for Bitcoin with that audit.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Hard to feel bad for a guy that was making his wife and sons lives worse, then lost it all, because he was too greedy to not go all in it tbh

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I don’t believe a single one of those “I worked hard for 15 years and saved every penny to buy crypto now it’s gone” stories. They are all just setups for sympathy donations or gofundme or whatever down the line. Yeah maybe they took out a huge loan a few times but the discipline to save for decades and the crypto mindset are fundamentally incompatible.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

HappyHippo posted:

Never feel sad for those greedy assholes. Play stupid games, win stupid prices.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Serjeant Buzfuz posted:

Now's the best time to buy DoritoCoin and also SalsaCoin so you can 'dip' your coins on the Blockchain 24/7/365
brb, making an ico for HummusCoin, the best dipcoin.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

HappyHippo posted:

In addition to the general harm I feel this is a specific, bonus damage that this poo poo does to people.

Leave aside the many enormous glaring externalities with crypto. Not that you should, but just for an example. Say it was just another stock that behaved the same way due to off-world mining or some poo poo.

The idea is that you just hold onto all of the stock forever? That it will just be something you HAVE, indefinitely, despite not paying dividends? I remember when the Wikipedia guy was all but pleading with crypto people during a peak, "take SOME gains now, or speaking as a dot-com boom veteran: you WILL regret it later..."

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Protocol7 posted:

Hey listen.... I don't mean to be a FUDer but.... what if number doesn't go up?

Heretic! BURN IN THE FUD!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Sashimi posted:

brb, making an ico for HummusCoin, the best dipcoin.

thinknig about an aggregate coin that indexes all available dipcoins to represent market:dip sentiment..... feedback?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

HappyHippo posted:

Lmao he probably inherited several million dollars from his parents and started calling himself "blue cillar" because he bought a pickup truck. His wife married him because he had money and didn't seem like too much of a dipshit, two facts OP is desperate to disprove. After dismissing her advice to sell, sell for gently caress's sake at a super high value, (presumably with something like "ugh these FEMALES are all so irrational and shouldn't be allowed out of the kitchen to see the money amirite?") he has proceeded to ruin his entire family financially, and will continue to do so even if he miraculously comes out of this.

Never fall for any of these sob stories. I hope his wife manages to divorce his gambling addict rear end and get half of whatever amount of his daddy's money is left.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Nessus posted:

In addition to the general harm I feel this is a specific, bonus damage that this poo poo does to people.

Leave aside the many enormous glaring externalities with crypto. Not that you should, but just for an example. Say it was just another stock that behaved the same way due to off-world mining or some poo poo.

The idea is that you just hold onto all of the stock forever? That it will just be something you HAVE, indefinitely, despite not paying dividends? I remember when the Wikipedia guy was all but pleading with crypto people during a peak, "take SOME gains now, or speaking as a dot-com boom veteran: you WILL regret it later..."

My friend retired his crypto channel on his discord a bit ago due to a lack of traffic and I wish he hadn't because I kinda wanna follow up on my 2 or 3 friends who were cryptobugs on how their investments went.
I think one is fine, because they viewed it as speculation and routinely pulled out their winnings. Another though was actively complaining about and mocking a partner for realizing a 30% gain a year ago, when if they'd just held out they could have had a 50%. I'm curious if they're still gung ho about never selling.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

AnoHito posted:

Never fall for any of these sob stories. I hope his wife manages to divorce his gambling addict rear end and get half of whatever amount of his daddy's money is left.

Also it's all someone else's fault. The damage is Celsius' fault, not any wrongdoing of his own.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Coolness Averted posted:

My friend retired his crypto channel on his discord a bit ago due to a lack of traffic and I wish he hadn't because I kinda wanna follow up on my 2 or 3 friends who were cryptobugs on how their investments went.
I think one is fine, because they viewed it as speculation and routinely pulled out their winnings. Another though was actively complaining about and mocking a partner for realizing a 30% gain a year ago, when if they'd just held out they could have had a 50%. I'm curious if they're still gung ho about never selling.
Yeah like I don't want to endorse this behavior in the slightest, but I imagine most people, if they found out they had one stock suddenly triple in value, would at least consider selling some of it once it hit a plateau. But apparently shitcoins are different. I really do think it's the allure of being wealthy through the pure power of property ownership, which will eventually make everyone go ga-ga for your extreme wealthocracy, as opposed to the (minimal, grotesquely-overcompensated) effort of looking after your investments.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

Rad Russian posted:

Until a majority of people actually try to withdraw money from all the exchanges, Tether can prop up the BTC price as much as it wants by printing more. If people just sell Bitcoin and have a "$50K balance" inside of Binance or wherever, Tether can continue the scam by using $40K of that money to buy Bitcoin while telling you that yes your balance is actually $50K of real USD, your exchange app says so! I think at this point most people that did sell are still keeping the money inside the exchanges to try and buy some dips or other shitcoins later. So the ponzi can live on at the moment (albeit at a reduced price).

Tether printing can probably keep this at 20K indefinitely until there are more fireworks like https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/usdd/ still being depegged. If USDD implodes we'll have another nosedive to the next floor level.

But tether isn't printing https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/tether/ (see the market cap)

USDC is but they haven't been printing at the same scale tether was.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/LogicallyAI/status/1538854458234486784?s=20&t=lBGDYWWfh15covqxIUOorg

https://twitter.com/LogicallyAI/status/1538854468103684096?s=20&t=lBGDYWWfh15covqxIUOorg

quote:

One man in Washington state (who we are not naming, at the request of his family) lost his life after suffering a huge financial loss. The man’s brother told Logically that they ran a WhipLash347/QSI regional chat investment group. The man had invested over $100,000 of his own money, spread across 30 cryptocurrency wallets, into tokens that WhipLash347 had promoted. Screenshots of these 30 wallets seen by Logically with about 500 XLM, or about $70 USD each, were all that remained — a total of $2,100 out of over $100,000 originally invested. The man died by suicide after losing his house and construction business due to unpaid debts.

lmao

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Truly, America is the land of opportunities. Even people with pea-brain can have a house and a functioning construction business before ruining their lives by investing in crypto.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Everyone from all walks of life is free to lose crypto today!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Paladinus posted:

Truly, America is the land of opportunities. Even people with pea-brain can have a house and a functioning construction business before ruining their lives by investing in crypto.
Look, in the final analysis, America was built by small-business contractors, so they should get to decide who lives and who dies, and it is just a crying shame when they do not get free money for being themselves.

This reminds me by tangent. For a while I kept seeing figures like '40% of Black Americans own crypto' and I am wondering what the gently caress was up with that? It seemed very unlikely unless it was in some incredibly technical sense.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

Nessus posted:

Look, in the final analysis, America was built by small-business contractors, so they should get to decide who lives and who dies, and it is just a crying shame when they do not get free money for being themselves.

This reminds me by tangent. For a while I kept seeing figures like '40% of Black Americans own crypto' and I am wondering what the gently caress was up with that? It seemed very unlikely unless it was in some incredibly technical sense.

Well here's an article: https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/31/cryptocurrency-news-21percent-of-adults-have-traded-or-used-crypto-nbc-poll-shows.html

quote:

Forty percent of Black Americans said they have traded or used crypto, while 42% all people between the ages of 18 and 34 years said the same.

It's a self reported poll, and there's no lower limit here so that doesn't mean 40% of Black Americans are all in on crypto, just that they had any amount at some point in time.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Lol at “quantum” wealth transfer. I love how quantum the #1 vocab word that gets most misused by everyone outside field in the most dumbest ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

HappyHippo posted:

It's a self reported poll
Ah, the most trustworthy kind.