Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

JAMOOOL posted:

I guess I was afraid there might be a dog or something, who knows. though if I'm travelling with 1g I doubt a doggie would pick that up anyway

I know the TSA don't care, just wondering if it's one of those situations where they *have* to report it. I reckon they probably do if it's like, 1oz+

TSA does use dogs ive seen them many times but im pretty sure those dogs are trained to find explosives, not weed, otherwise they'd be constantly stopping tons of people and the security line would get all hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

A dog in Finland sniffed me out of a line of people from a wallet in my jeans pocket that contained trace residue from a bit of hash in one of the compartments.

If it's a drugs dog, they will find you.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I knocked over the curtain road which got the bong. The bong survived, but the ash catcher didn't. I'm grateful for that much.

But now I don't have an ashcatcher and it could be till August till I get the replacement in from DHgate (so China). I could order something quick and yeah I'll have it, but that just seems excessive in a bad way.

Excessive in a good way would be to improvise one. Anyone ever make an ash catcher type device to attach to a 14mm bong without buying too much extra stuff?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

skooma512 posted:

I knocked over the curtain road which got the bong. The bong survived, but the ash catcher didn't. I'm grateful for that much.

But now I don't have an ashcatcher and it could be till August till I get the replacement in from DHgate (so China). I could order something quick and yeah I'll have it, but that just seems excessive in a bad way.

Excessive in a good way would be to improvise one. Anyone ever make an ash catcher type device to attach to a 14mm bong without buying too much extra stuff?

Sounds like something a Gatorade bottle a hose, and some sticky putty would fix.

Get one of those downstem caps for using the Gatorade bottle like a gravity bong, then run a tube from a carb hole (above the water!) in the Gatorade bottle to the bong.

An ash catcher is just a hookah with extra steps.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

fuctifino posted:

I did a very rare twitter rant.

https://twitter.com/stuwyatt/status/1536520804300627969
https://twitter.com/stuwyatt/status/1536522093482983426

It's really loving weird that there's a small but significant and very vocal minority who genuinely feel like this.

Was/is it the same in places in the US that went legal? How did you all cope?

if I'm being entirely honest with you my friend, even in Toronto where it's been legal for a couple years I wouldn't really feel comfortable sitting on a patio with a mad scientist contraption like that - ofc we can't smoke/vape on patios at all. in a park or on a bench somewhere is totally different but even there I'd prob want something more discreet, if just for my own paranoia - I don't like people looking at me when I'm high.

but gently caress it, if nobody is giving you poo poo for it in person and you're not blowing vapor over anyone, and it's something you're comfortable with, you do you.

but if you're doing it just to be provocative which it kind of seems like you are at least a bit maybe reconsider your motivations.

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jun 14, 2022

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The Walrus posted:

but if you're doing it just to be provocative which it kind of seems like you are at least a bit maybe reconsider your motivations.

Provocative in a sense to normalise cannabis use and make it an accepted part of UK society. If people are able to sit in the same environment, such as a pub beer garden, and puff on cigarettes or make huge e-cig clouds, then people should be able to sit in the same environments and medicate with cannabis if they have a legal prescription. There are so many medicinal users who feel uncomfortable vaping outside their own home due to the stigma associated with cannabis, and I guess that's what I'm trying to shine a spotlight on.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Part of what sold Republicans on finally allowing rec weed after a solid 8 years of pushing in NM was that it opened up a whole new, lucrative avenue of DWI revenue. Rec may be legal here, but the legal environment will permanently be hostile to normalized public use.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
That's why I smoke big stinky joints when I walk my dog and flick ashes at squares.

My old lady neighbors love it, they always ask about my trees lol.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
im trying this thing where i only smoke weed after 5pm. just brutal

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Hey I'm looking at grinders. Is there any reason to go for the fancy expensive ceramic coated ones or can I just go aluminum.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

ive been using a cheap aluminum one for like a decade and it still grinds up weed just fine. not sure what else a grinder is supposed to do

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
i'm also using one about that age. every so often i run it through my ultrasonic cleaner and it looks and works like new

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
If you’re getting a fancy one, I recommend the brilliant cut w/medium plate.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Earwicker posted:

ive been using a cheap aluminum one for like a decade and it still grinds up weed just fine. not sure what else a grinder is supposed to do

Yeah. I have a brilliant cut -- I think it just looks neat, and it feels nice in my hand, but it doesn't grind any different than a decent one off a head shop shelf.

I've definitely used real lovely grinders, so there is a price threshold you want to clear, but once you've got good you're fine for any reason than personal aesthetics and desire to spend on the hobby side of things.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My aluminum Spacecase has been doing just fine since 2006.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Im still using the "sharper" head shop grinder I bought in 2014. It used to have a sick katana laser graphic but my hands have worn it down and now it just looks well used

E: literally this

https://everythingfor420.com/products/sharper-grinder

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i cant wait till weed paraphenalia starts showing up in sharper image and hammacher schlemmer catalogs when im 80

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

My aluminum Spacecase has been doing just fine since 2006.

my two piece spacecase is going on about a decade now too

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, it's kinda hard to gently caress up milled aluminum.

My screen is completely clogged in my 4 piece, but I never really cared about collecting kief.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

fuctifino posted:

A dog in Finland sniffed me out of a line of people from a wallet in my jeans pocket that contained trace residue from a bit of hash in one of the compartments.

If it's a drugs dog, they will find you.

can they find edibles? homemade stuff with actual weed in it probably, but how about dispensary products?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

JAMOOOL posted:

can they find edibles? homemade stuff with actual weed in it probably, but how about dispensary products?

Pretty much anything weed that isn't vac sealed and hasn't been thoroughly wiped down with alcohol is going to be found by a drug dog.

The way dogs usually get people is from ancillary poo poo, like if you've been wearing a hoodie for a week while smoking blunts nonstop. That will get the dog's attention, which means you're in for at least a pat down and probably having your poo poo picked over.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

SCheeseman posted:

Hey I'm looking at grinders. Is there any reason to go for the fancy expensive ceramic coated ones or can I just go aluminum.

Make sure you go with a good quality milled aluminum grinder. I spent like $70 on mine about a decade ago and I've tried to replace it about five times, yet it's still my primary grinder. Mine doesn't have a kief catch and it's insanely easy to clean. I've had cheaper (we're talking CHEAP) aluminum grinders flake off metal but anything you buy at a decent headship should be good enough

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
On call, but my work is letting me take tomorrow off to get a root canal, so I plan on spending most of the day baked.

Then I need to be a good boy for all of Friday, but after that, I'm free.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

mmmmm.....kief dynavap bowl.....

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Did u get high today

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

Did u get high today

Had to skip my lunch bonging, on it now

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

bagmonkey posted:

Did u get high today

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

bagmonkey posted:

Did u get high today

I do believe I did, and I also plan on doing it today as well after work. Maybe even tomorrow as well, we'll see if I still like weed then.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Eight (8) One (1) Gram Cartridges, for only One Hundred and Six American Dollars ($106), out the door.

Is that a good deal or WHAT (its a good deal)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

bagmonkey posted:

Eight (8) One (1) Gram Cartridges, for only One Hundred and Six American Dollars ($106), out the door.

Is that a good deal or WHAT (its a good deal)

lmao they don't even let you buy 1g carts in NM, I gotta go to Colorado to load up on 1gs (Batch makes Dazzleberry and poo poo tho so that's worth it when we do it).

$45 for a half g, I can't wait for prices to start normalizing but April 1 for rec sales was very recent.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

MrQwerty posted:

lmao they don't even let you buy 1g carts in NM, I gotta go to Colorado to load up on 1gs (Batch makes Dazzleberry and poo poo tho so that's worth it when we do it).

$45 for a half g, I can't wait for prices to start normalizing but April 1 for rec sales was very recent.

Michigan has been going absolutely loving HAM on marijuana since we passed medical over a decade ago, so it's no surprise that I'm able to get these kind of deals honestly. I'm just super thankful that Michigan has collectively decided to threaten any politician who wants to change our marijuana laws. The last big update was a much-needed overhaul to the agency that handles marijuana. We're all good with where we're at right now I think.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

MrQwerty posted:

oooof. $40 is what I pay for good carts / single use vape pens, 1g. still too drat much

Speaking of cheap, the kick rear end store by my sister's place keeps texting me, $50 ounces. My home land calls to me

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

fuctifino posted:

Provocative in a sense to normalise cannabis use and make it an accepted part of UK society. If people are able to sit in the same environment, such as a pub beer garden, and puff on cigarettes or make huge e-cig clouds, then people should be able to sit in the same environments and medicate with cannabis if they have a legal prescription. There are so many medicinal users who feel uncomfortable vaping outside their own home due to the stigma associated with cannabis, and I guess that's what I'm trying to shine a spotlight on.

Attention-seeking Edge-lord, trying to justify their cringy behavior by stating it’s actually for a “righteous” cause. Tale old as time. “Actually what I’m doing is legal bro” :smuggo:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Code Jockey posted:

oooof. $40 is what I pay for good carts / single use vape pens, 1g. still too drat much

Speaking of cheap, the kick rear end store by my sister's place keeps texting me, $50 ounces. My home land calls to me

yeah it's pricey here but part of the way they did rec was that they made the bars in NM give up their platinum-level printing money liquor licenses, and choose between $12k/year liquor licenses or the closed group of people with commercial grow licenses, coincidentally all the same drug dealers.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
almost due for my annual pilgrimage to resupply and usually go to Denver but are any of the newer legal cities any good? How does pricing in Detroit compare? Still the same 8g/store/day limit as CO?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Colorado is still 8g/day. Except now METRC tracks all purchases so if you hit one shop, the next will be able to see it and won't sell to you.

This changed when the medical limit went from 40g to 8g a day on Jan 1.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Attention-seeking Edge-lord, trying to justify their cringy behavior by stating it’s actually for a “righteous” cause. Tale old as time. “Actually what I’m doing is legal bro” :smuggo:

Yeah look Im all for normalisation of cannabis use but I draw the line at 'carting a literal beaker bong to the pub to honk down a wax salad'

I was at a heavy psychedelic rock festival at a local bar on the weekend and there wasnt a single person not honking on a vape of some description and the bar staff/security couldnt give a hot gently caress about it. again, its illegal (decriminalised in my state but still) in Aus still. but a bong would definitely have been a problem.

if I saw you doing that in a pub I would think you're being a bit of a wanker. if you were using a discreet vape I would probably come and have a chat about our shared interest.

Diabetes for example - you dont see people shooting insulin in the beer garden. they go do it in the bathroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Laserface posted:

Diabetes for example - you dont see people shooting insulin in the beer garden. they go do it in the bathroom.

Diabetics can have pumps now. They figure out their carbs and punch their dose into their pager sized pump unit. These have been a thing for a decade.