Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

I think some people don’t want to be disagreed with without being gently kissed on the forehead and told they’re still valid.

Me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Gumball Gumption posted:

All my good faith criticisms are attacked by the insane Khanaanites and their evil God Emperor Tony Trump I call him. Why are you looking at me like that?

For the record this is the exact sort of thing folks are talking about. I don't even disagree with you that that's a ludicrous take but instead of going 'hey, that take loving sucks, comparing something awful to trump is /really/ eliding a lot of poo poo' or even just 'bro, that take sucks, those aren't the same thing' or whatever people need to go on about it with fifteen goddamn dunks. If you think someone is being an rear end in a top hat just say so! It's easier and makes it a lot easier to actually get to the heart of a disagreement or get someone to understand the thing they said was lovely or whatever than doing this.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

or do whatever you want

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

is “scary” cut off

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

very troubling

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Nea posted:

For the record this is the exact sort of thing folks are talking about. I don't even disagree with you that that's a ludicrous take but instead of going 'hey, that take loving sucks, comparing something awful to trump is /really/ eliding a lot of poo poo' or even just 'bro, that take sucks, those aren't the same thing' or whatever people need to go on about it with fifteen goddamn dunks. If you think someone is being an rear end in a top hat just loving say it like a normal person!

I’d much rather someone do the thing that’s funny than the thing that’s exhausting, on the comedy pro wrestling forum.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

or do whatever you want

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

As an individual i like it when someone makes fun of bizarre poo poo instead of making an upset serious argument about it. I keep saying i'm acting on my own because other people keep copying me before I can say my thoughts and then I get lumped in with douchebags like Nine Numb

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

NienNunb posted:

I’d much rather someone do the thing that’s funny than the thing that’s exhausting, on the comedy pro wrestling forum.

For me it isn't funny, and is exhausting, is I guess the heart of it. the less exhausting thing is just saying what you mean, to me.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nea posted:

For the record this is the exact sort of thing folks are talking about. I don't even disagree with you that that's a ludicrous take but instead of going 'hey, that take loving sucks, comparing something awful to trump is /really/ eliding a lot of poo poo' or even just 'bro, that take sucks, those aren't the same thing' or whatever people need to go on about it with fifteen goddamn dunks. If you think someone is being an rear end in a top hat just loving say it like a normal person!

I did and I only got two dunks in.

Edit: how much of this is going to end up not being gang stalking but me making multiple posts and no one paying attention to AVs?

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Nea posted:

For the record this is the exact sort of thing folks are talking about. I don't even disagree with you that that's a ludicrous take but instead of going 'hey, that take loving sucks, comparing something awful to trump is /really/ eliding a lot of poo poo' or even just 'bro, that take sucks, those aren't the same thing' or whatever people need to go on about it with fifteen goddamn dunks. If you think someone is being an rear end in a top hat just say so! It's easier and makes it a lot easier to actually get to the heart of a disagreement or get someone to understand the thing they said was lovely or whatever than doing this.

Hey this take loving sucks.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Nea posted:

Personally i think a tongue-in-cheek reply is less abrasive than than "you're acting like an rear end in a top hat" but then again... it's a vibe thing

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

At the risk of sounding uhh, Care, when there was bullying and harassment and constant “posting about posters” I reported people often, and when nothing happened about it, went to the Head Honcho Jeffrey himself, because I knew it was wrong.

When Lid made posts about his mental health being extremely negatively affected by people razzing him or calling him out I immediately stopped replying to anything he said that could be construed that way because I want to foster a fun environment rather than a lovely one that makes people upset to their core.

That’s why I felt really hosed up to be explicitly called out as a Reason why everyone loving hates threads and the extreme toxicity within. Because I am trusting and believe people post in their good faith, I even went through my post history for months and yep, it’s a bunch of nonsense, but acidic and abrasive I’m not so sure of. Perception is reality, though, and of course I’d have a charitable reading of myself. Still clueless what wanting this to be FYAD means but I suppose that can remain a mystery.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nea posted:

If someone says something very stupid and funny people will make fun of them for it. If this upsets people so greatly they might try acting in a less abnormal fashion.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

neoaxd posted:

Personally i think a tongue-in-cheek reply is less abrasive than than "you're acting like an rear end in a top hat" but then again... it's a vibe thing

Yea, fair enough.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

This is my Posting Tone, please read all of my posts in the same context as you would this scene from 30 Rock. tia

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

yea ok posted:

Still clueless what wanting this to be FYAD means but I suppose that can remain a mystery.

The only possible thing that can make any sort of sense is the lack of capitalization lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

yea ok is like the only poster here who’s posts are consistently humorous, on topic, and concise, so I guess I see why the most tiresome people alive might be frightened by them.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

gently caress you dean

(also i love you dean)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Probably because they keep getting probated by them, like, duh. I genuinely don't get why someone using twitter as image host is a 'social faux pas' at all because that personally strikes me as a real weird thing to get pissy about.

Thank you I appreciate that. You're really cool and I consider you a good friend.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fsmhunk posted:

No, when you don't enjoy something you make novel length posts about it over the course of multiple years. Don't try to paint it as you above it all and everyone else is petty when in reality you're one of the biggest whiners around.

I don’t know where you got me calling anyone petty or thinking I was above it all. I make bad posts and have wrong ideas like anyone else. I rather talk about it. If I insulted someone I’m happy to apologize.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 20, 2022

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Joey McChrist posted:

gently caress you dean

(also i love you dean)

Dean has bullied me for nearly ten years with his deranged movie takes and his refusal to mail me any of his delicious Gumbo.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Gumball Gumption posted:

I did and I only got two dunks in.

Edit: how much of this is going to end up not being gang stalking but me making multiple posts and no one paying attention to AVs?

For the record I will admit part of that is that you made multiple posts and I missed that they were all by you, i'll take the L on that.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

I don’t know where you got me calling anyone petty or thinking I was above it all. I make bad posts and have wrong ideas like anyone else. I rather talk about it than insult someone.

You said if you see a post in the AEW thread you don't like you just ignore it. The lie detector determined that was a lie.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I think an important thing that is gumming up any actual discussion is that a flippant or unserious post is being equated with cyber bullying, which is insane.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

At the risk of sounding uhh, Care, when there was bullying and harassment and constant “posting about posters” I reported people often, and when nothing happened about it, went to the Head Honcho Jeffrey himself, because I knew it was wrong.

When Lid made posts about his mental health being extremely negatively affected by people razzing him or calling him out I immediately stopped replying to anything he said that could be construed that way because I want to foster a fun environment rather than a lovely one that makes people upset to their core.

That’s why I felt really hosed up to be explicitly called out as a Reason why everyone loving hates threads and the extreme toxicity within. Because I am trusting and believe people post in their good faith, I even went through my post history for months and yep, it’s a bunch of nonsense, but acidic and abrasive I’m not so sure of. Perception is reality, though, and of course I’d have a charitable reading of myself. Still clueless what wanting this to be FYAD means but I suppose that can remain a mystery.

I used to find you more abrasive but then I took things you said in good faith and came more around the idea that this works best as a chill zone and if you want to talk heavy political stuff in wrestling you can just go to cspam and talk about wrestling there. You do suck at just moving on from a really lovely post instead of dropping a "shut da gently caress up" so idk do that less?

Nea posted:

For the record I will admit part of that is that you made multiple posts and I missed that they were all by you, i'll take the L on that.

So anyways I'd like to present this as more evidence that the written word is a loving mess and if everyone is getting mad at you for what you posted your first question should be "Did I explain this right?" And not "Is there a gang of posters who wish I was dead?"

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I think an important thing that is gumming up any actual discussion is that a flippant or unserious post is being equated with cyber bullying, which is insane.

That's the most succint way to say what I'm trying to express.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I will also take the L on mine, because what I was trying to say was clearer and wittier in my head. Basically something about civility or "bad form" being a bullshit excuse for a lot of things these days.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Dean has bullied me for nearly ten years with his deranged movie takes and his refusal to mail me any of his delicious Gumbo.

see this, this is cyberbullying. very cruel of you not to share your delicious gumbo dean

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I'm going to propose keeping all the bickering about the AEW thread in this thread and using the AEW thread to talk about wrestling.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lamuella posted:

I'm going to propose keeping all the bickering about the AEW thread in this thread and using the AEW thread to talk about wrestling.

cool man (I sincerely agree)

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Lamuella posted:

hell yea brudda!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

meanwhile stone cold 64 was probed because someone said stone cold 64

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

He’s had it too good for too long

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Joey McChrist posted:

see this, this is cyberbullying. very cruel of you not to share your delicious gumbo dean

the postal enforcer with a gun who can shoot you doesnt even wait for me to get out of the parking lot anymore before drawing on me when he sees me get out of my car with a greasy, dripping manila envelope, this is not a matter of lack of will

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Cavauro posted:

That is what happened to stone cold 1 to 63 :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I miss him already. Does he work on Beetlejuice rules where I can summon him by repeating his name?

STONE COLD 64
STONE COLD 64
STONE COLD 64