Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

FireWorksWell posted:

My favorite thing to come out of this episode was the anecdote where Rob had to go to the hospital and they forgot to take the blackface off.

i forgot what he was in for, but it might've taken a while longer to get the makeup off than they felt they had

also could be an insurance thing, its not covered if you dilly-dally showering before going to the ER lol

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jun 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They are all totally back in the studio for the podcast this week...

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They are all totally back in the studio for the podcast this week...

:eek:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

I listen to the audio version first and it took me longer than I'd like to admit to figure out why Dennis kept asking the guys if they wanted to put their dicks in his mouth...

That's even the icon they use for him on the podcast title page so I really have no excuse :doh:

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Glenn Howerton taking a short break from the show was a good idea, he came back really refreshed and took Dennis into new and interesting places.

cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003
So who is ordering the limited edition 1000$ whiskey by the boys to help support bartenders? (I bought the overpriced 100$ one instead)

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/glenn-howerton-rob-mcelhenney-and-charlie-day-announce-four-walls-whiskey-301574051.html

cheeeeesecake fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jun 23, 2022

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Does it come with a free egg????

cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003
I dunno but they do sign it. Oh boy!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

loving losing my mind at Rob thinking that rickrolling is listening to Rick Astley when driving in your car

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Party Boat posted:

loving losing my mind at Rob thinking that rickrolling is listening to Rick Astley when driving in your car

I'm the same way when people use 'meme' to simply mean 'funny image'

Wasn't that episode out before Rick Rolling became a thing?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

No, I wondered that and checked - the episode came out in November 2007 and rickrolling became a thing around April Fools that year, although it became much more widespread in 2008. If you'd asked me I'd have said that rickrolling was way older although I guess it couldn't really predate easily available video streaming.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
Decoder Ring did an episode about it a few months ago. IIRC Sunny's definitely a part of it but there were other influences that also contributed.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Party Boat posted:

No, I wondered that and checked - the episode came out in November 2007 and rickrolling became a thing around April Fools that year, although it became much more widespread in 2008. If you'd asked me I'd have said that rickrolling was way older although I guess it couldn't really predate easily available video streaming.

I don't know that time difference could be easily acceptable for them to not really know what it was (or would be) when making the episode. Also Always Sunny probably helped it become a Meme too...

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lazy rear end Gen X slackers taking the 4th off to spend time with their families :argh:

Speaking of Sunny memes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn6bUUvIdlo&t=220s

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
It's not the podcast episode yet, but I wonder how they're going to bamboozle us this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7JqcK1byU8

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

whats up with glenns otherwise lushious hair in that clip

if he has cancer i feel bad for asking

cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003
He shaved his head for male pattern baldness for a role. Shooting is done so he shaved the rest of it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

cheeeeesecake posted:

He shaved his head for male pattern baldness for a role. Shooting is done so he shaved the rest of it.

makes sense

oh I guess he also did that for the ep where Dennis lost his game lol

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

Carthag Tuek posted:

whats up with glenns otherwise lushious hair in that clip

if he has cancer i feel bad for asking

Money me, money now. Me a money needing a lot now.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Super Deuce posted:

It's not the podcast episode yet, but I wonder how they're going to bamboozle us this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7JqcK1byU8

I can't believe they're gonna reveal her name to be "cutthatcutthatcutthat"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

cheeeeesecake posted:

Yea, they mentioned it some in one of the podcasts. But the movie is El Tonto and is written and directed by Charlie Day so it'll probably be good!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I look forward to Rob insisting he's never heard of it

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yea, they mentioned it some in one of the podcasts. But the movie is El Tonto and is written and directed by Charlie Day so it'll probably be good!

Didn't realize it was for a movie Charlie Day was directing... That makes it a bit confusing that Glenn was off shooting while Charlie wasn't there. Like, second units etc, but that was a long time shooting for a second unit, especially when its his friend directing.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Super Deuce posted:

Didn't realize it was for a movie Charlie Day was directing... That makes it a bit confusing that Glenn was off shooting while Charlie wasn't there. Like, second units etc, but that was a long time shooting for a second unit, especially when its his friend directing.

Yea not really sure. It's possible Glenn is / was staying wherever they were shooting the movie, while Charlie Day has more going on and is going back and forth more. I'm not really sure what their actual timeframe is on doing the podcast episodes, like if they record multiple a week then take time off or what.

Charlie Day is also going to be Luigi and is involved with Mythic Quest where I'm not sure if Glenn is doing anything else.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Party Boat posted:

That was a bit, right? it had to be a bit

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Puppy Galaxy posted:

That was a bit, right? it had to be a bit

The dude got into nfts, you're probably giving too much credit

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

FireWorksWell posted:

The dude got into nfts, you're probably giving too much credit

Oh man that sucks

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

DaysBefore posted:

Oh man that sucks

As far as I know, he instantly stopped when his fans told him he was being stupid.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Rob probably isn't as much of a himbo as his character, but they're definitely on the same spectrum

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Tbh Glenn seems like the most chill out of the three. Like if you randomly saw him on the street or in a bar he’d be the most approachable.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I ran into Charlie and Mary Elizabeth on the street once. They were super nice and were happy to have a quick chat and take a picture with me. This was also right after Season 2 had aired, so who knows how chill they would be now about a stranger walking up to them. And that picture is lost forever since I couldn't figure out how to export it from my flip phone.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Professor Wayne posted:

I ran into Charlie and Mary Elizabeth on the street once. They were super nice and were happy to have a quick chat and take a picture with me. This was also right after Season 2 had aired, so who knows how chill they would be now about a stranger walking up to them. And that picture is lost forever since I couldn't figure out how to export it from my flip phone.

what a waste

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Tbh Glenn seems like the most chill out of the three. Like if you randomly saw him on the street or in a bar he’d be the most approachable.

Glenn seems like a guy who has quite deep feelings - he obvious has some issues, but he seems like he's actually very sensitive and decent, and surprisingly open and honest and sweet.

Charlie seems like a stand-up guy but definitely doesn't have a lot of time for bullshitting or loving around, and it shows in the podcast a lot. He defo seems to get quite frustrated with Rob.

Rob seems like a generally well-meaning but often quite annoying try-hard

Kaitlin just seems like a really nice person.

That's my weird parasocial read on the Always Sunny & Always Sunny Podcast cast.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i think at least one of them iikes to spoon their partner so my plan is to become a partner and then spoon. i have deduced this from audio/video clips that i see online

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Suburbs has to be a top 10 episode of the entire show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW6JqGyqMbQ&t=63s

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

absolutely bamboozled