Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What games are coming to Switch that people even want to know more about? I can't think of anything besides Bayonetta 3, Nintendo might as well give that its own Direct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

I said come in! posted:

What games are coming to Switch that people even want to know more about? I can't think of anything besides Bayonetta 3, Nintendo might as well give that its own Direct.

Prime 4 (cancelled)
Silksong (cancelled)
Bayonetta 3 (cancelled)
BOTW 2 (cancelled)

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Prime 4 (cancelled)
Silksong (cancelled)
Bayonetta 3 (cancelled)
BOTW 2 (cancelled)

One of those things is not like the others, unless you're talking about the Switch version.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Pikmin 5

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Prime 4 (cancelled)
Silksong (cancelled)
Bayonetta 3 (cancelled)
BOTW 2 (cancelled)

don't forget the ports of the Persona games (cancelled, cancelled, cancelled)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Manoueverable posted:

One of those things is not like the others, unless you're talking about the Switch version.

they’re all like the other, in that none of them are coming to the Nintendo switch

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the direct is announcing that Failtendo is dead and will be purchased by Ubisoft

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I said come in! posted:

i wanna know what mario team is up to

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I said come in! posted:

No Man's Sky, as well as whatever else might be planned for NSO.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Feels Villeneuve posted:

don't forget the ports of the Persona games (cancelled, cancelled, cancelled)

Can you cancel something that doesn't exist?

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Assassin's Creed: Prime is going to be interesting.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Live a live
Pokemon violet
Xenoblade 3

???

Oh whenever advance wars comes out

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
New Fire Emblem

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The 7th Guest posted:

i wanna know what mario team is up to

Still working on that theme park is my guess. And whipping Chris Pine into shape to say "It's a-me, Mario!" correctly for the movie.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Chas McGill posted:

New Fire Emblem

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Wave Race

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

This and a new F-Zero.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Mario x rabbids, botw2, prime 4, Pokemon. They might even announce new games! Preferably donkey Kong!

But they should totes do a bayo3 direct too. You are correct.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I paid $50 for switch online ++ after thinking “man what a massive ripoff” and actually some new Mario kart tracks and genesis games for $30 extra sure why not lol. I ended up playing the emulators more than stuff I have spent real money on

I should get back into animal crossing with this dlc too

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Also really considering Neon White I need to stop buying poo poo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

No Man's Sky, as well as whatever else might be planned for NSO.

lol No Man's Sky is going to be hilarious on the Switch, but not in a good way.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I said come in! posted:

lol No Man's Sky is going to be hilarious on the Switch, but not in a good way.

I am buying it day 1.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
failtendo first party games might be dead but at least there's AI and the re-release of Blade Runner which is a pretty well regarded 90s adventure game that i kinda want to try

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is there a place for info on Fire Emblem Warriors Three Whatevers that goes beyond what's in the demo but isn't speculation? The demo feels like I almost get it but it's not what I'm used to in a Warriors game, and I'm curious if it's going to stick to that.

When I'm used to in Warriors games (Hyrule, Calamity, and Dynasty 6 are the main ones I've put time into) is powering up, going back to master old stages at higher difficulties, and the story is pretty much giving you a variety of stages to play around in as you spread out and start grinding for the sake of grinding. Judging from the Demo Three Hopes feels like it's going down a linear story instead. Chapters, stages that you can't go back to, it all fits with the format of other FE games and isn't *bad*, it's just that the demo stops just before I can get a good example of what to expect. Is this a game I'll play three times for the various houses and then stop? Are things going to open up into a Warriors-style grinding playground later? For that matter do I need to play three times or will something later let me use the same savefile to explore paths not taken?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
blade runner owns

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I'm also excited for the Front Mission remake.

I hope they don't Advance Wars it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Omori inspired me to listen to very depressing solo piano music now

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tall Tale Teller posted:

I'm also excited for the Front Mission remake.

I hope they don't Advance Wars it.

Square is publishing that one and they have no shame.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Hasn’t Nintendo done a thing before where, at the end of a general Direct, they were like “and finally, join us again on X date, when we’ll go into more detail about Y game!”, with the X date being like within a month? Maybe they’ll do the opposite here and announce a general Direct at the end of this XC one

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

So hyped for Three Hopes

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Hasn’t Nintendo done a thing before where, at the end of a general Direct, they were like “and finally, join us again on X date, when we’ll go into more detail about Y game!”, with the X date being like within a month? Maybe they’ll do the opposite here and announce a general Direct at the end of this XC one
There will obviously be a general direct in the coming weeks but no I dont think they’ll announce it at the Xenoblade direct that would be weird.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Buttendo

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Did they make Bloodstained run even worse with a newer patch? I just came back to it after a long break and it seems like it can’t even hit 30fps and is super stuttery.

Like the whole time you’re playing it feels like it’s alternating between lagging and catching up

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

so apparently the devs have confirmed that the Switch version of KOTOR 2 is currently unable to be completed, there's some bug like halfway through.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

so apparently the devs have confirmed that the Switch version of KOTOR 2 is currently unable to be completed, there's some bug like halfway through.

lol

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

American McGay posted:

There will obviously be a general direct in the coming weeks but no I dont think they’ll announce it at the Xenoblade direct that would be weird.

Maybe they’ll just announce a direct for a specific game

“Join us on June 29th for more information on the most-anticipated sequel in Nintendo’s history: Link’s Crossbow Training 2!”

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Sometimes when Prime gets mentioned I think of Hunters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YHMrcjlc1g

This mode is shweet, bring it back

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So it needs a bit more work or what

You make it sound like the gamer gods are against it and it just can't be done so they're quitting

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Bloop posted:

So it needs a bit more work or what

You make it sound like the gamer gods are against it and it just can't be done so they're quitting

Isn’t that what happened to the Pillars of Eternity port

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2021/2/9/22274651/pillars-of-eternity-nintendo-switch-port-technical-issues-update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Smirking_Serpent posted:

i said it in the game glitches thread but i knew there were gonna be issues with it when they said that the "unofficial" patch was gonna be released at a later date. the game was basically unplayable without it on PC