Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

About 600 million more in the bank baybee - joker makers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

The take was "Homelander wasn't racist, he just doesn't want any Muslims in the 7 because he doesn't consider them Americans."

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i don't want to hear about The Boys!!! Everyone actually talks about that show outside of here and I don't plan on watching it. I read it, and moved on. Please let us discuss wizards and space jesus

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Nonsense posted:

i don't want to hear about The Boys!!! Everyone actually talks about that show outside of here and I don't plan on watching it. I read it, and moved on. Please let us discuss wizards and space jesus

its a good show and you should watch it. i didnt watch it for awhile because i was tired, just extremely fatigued, of superhero poo poo and it sounded boring on paper but its like the best tv still running

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Fried Watermelon posted:

I wonder if it'll be better than the Tencent version

"Ye Wenjie kind of forgot about the Trisolarians :shrug:"

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
we should take homelander at his word imo

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

About 600 million more in the bank baybee - joker makers

are people still interested in joker after morbius? seems obsolete now

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3C2fepnBovg

Jesus loving Christ

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Cpt_Obvious posted:

The take was "Homelander wasn't racist, he just doesn't want any Muslims in the 7 because he doesn't consider them Americans."

It's funny how people keep insisting you can't call someone a fascist unless they were literally goose-stepping in Nazi Germany and have literally said "I am a fascist and I want to genocide the Jews" on record, and this show has a character that actually applies to and they're still waffling

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Nonsense posted:

the comic book sucks. show is like a million times better than it

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Is space Jesus - Superman, Darth Vader, both or neither ?

Obviously earth Jesus is Tom cruise in edge of tomorrow, who dies for everyone while defeating the alpha and Omega

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
kevin costner is water jesus.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Netflix fuckin rules

https://twitter.com/TeleTVRadio/status/1538965137213771776

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

tv shows where farcial caricatures of army men yell impotently at young people and celebrities to jump into large bodies of water as "training" are already ten-a-penny on british tv for the sicko boomers who get off on them

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

josh04 posted:

tv shows where farcial caricatures of army men yell impotently at young people and celebrities to jump into large bodies of water as "training" are already ten-a-penny on british tv for the sicko boomers who get off on them

https://i.imgur.com/klc5taO.mp4

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

DemoneeHo posted:

But can he kill the Grimace?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
rofl. netflix has been tapping the cheap-reality tv spigot for a couple of years now and i expect all their programming is going to be comedy specials and reality tv the circle poo poo going forward. there's really no reason not to. if you ask anyone the only reason people say they have netflix is "it's background noise for when im cooking/cleaning" so why make anything good for $$$$ when you can spend $ and just load up with "background noise" that everyone so desperately desires.

josh04 posted:

also this.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
They should bring back Kid Nation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu1bly7YhAs

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

in the US, army men yelling at teens was more daytime talk territory. ricki lake was a pioneer

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Xaris posted:

rofl. netflix has been tapping the cheap-reality tv spigot for a couple of years now and i expect all their programming is going to be comedy specials and reality tv the circle poo poo going forward. there's really no reason not to. if you ask anyone the only reason people say they have netflix is "it's background noise for when im cooking/cleaning" so why make anything good for $$$$ when you can spend $ and just load up with "background noise" that everyone so desperately desires.

also this.

lol @ the idea of ex-army psychopaths who thinks they aren't entitled asses who just want to shoot unarmed brown people

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantracker

Canadian show about releasing some city dweller into the north Canadian wilderness then sending a horse-mounted MANTRACKER out to locate and then yell at them. 6 seasons.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

josh04 posted:

I'm not sure millennials count as young people anymore

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

projecthalaxy posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantracker

Canadian show about releasing some city dweller into the north Canadian wilderness then sending a horse-mounted MANTRACKER out to locate and then yell at them. 6 seasons.

I spent part of father's day watching several consecutive hours of Storage Wars: Canada with my dad and wanted to blow my loving brains out.

Why do boomers love bad reality tv so much; I just don't get it

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

drat horror queefs posted:

I spent part of father's day watching several consecutive hours of Storage Wars: Canada with my dad and wanted to blow my loving brains out.

lol my dad's choice of those shows is American Pickers which is just Storage Wars, Spare Room Edition

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

drat horror queefs posted:

There is that feeling they have stuff that might be worth something.
They like to laugh at the people who over value their stuff.
They like to judge how much they think something would cost.
They like to judge how they would act in the same situation.
They like the tiny bit of history without the context.
They like how the stories are broken up so you get a tiny thing instead a longer narrative.
They see themselves in the people on the show.
They like to say 'wow' when they hear numbers.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
my mom likes to watch the real housewives of dubai

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

i say swears online posted:

in the US, army men yelling at teens was more daytime talk territory. ricki lake was a pioneer

In the US the cultural phenomenon was more the early 2010s goruck challenge thing where you pay a grand to get slapped around and told to do push-ups by an army guy while he splashes water on you.

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
I will confess to watching and enjoying storage wars, but most of the spin-offs are too dumb and obviously staged to be enjoyable even for me

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Casey Finnigan posted:

my mom likes to watch the real housewives of dubai

how do they have drunk screaming matches

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

It's funny how people keep insisting you can't call someone a fascist unless they were literally goose-stepping in Nazi Germany and have literally said "I am a fascist and I want to genocide the Jews" on record

whoa there buddy lets not jump to any crazy conclusions stepan bandera had a lot of noble motivations

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
All the boomers I know love the Jeff bridges show "the old man." The highlight for each of them is watching this old guy kill all the young people.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

There is that feeling they have stuff that might be worth something.
They like to laugh at the people who over value their stuff.
They like to judge how much they think something would cost.
They like to judge how they would act in the same situation.
They like the tiny bit of history without the context.
They like how the stories are broken up so you get a tiny thing instead a longer narrative.
They see themselves in the people on the show.
They like to say 'wow' when they hear numbers.
yes all those but the overarching theme here is suburban/rural boomers are alienated and lonely as hell and TV affords vouyeristic (consumer) standin for socializing. reality tv delivers that in droves for absolute pennies on the dollar.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

All the boomers I know love the Jeff bridges show "the old man." The highlight for each of them is watching this old guy kill all the young people.

they need to give Dick Van Dyke an action franchise before he dies.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Sam Waterson is the next batman

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Atrocious Joe posted:

they need to give Dick Van Dyke an action franchise before he dies.

i routinely do a double-take to realize that he hasn't actually been decade for decades now like i always think. reverse mandela effect i guess

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i just realized i've never seen any of the Tron movies somehow, are any worth watching?

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Xaris posted:

yes all those but the overarching theme here is suburban/rural boomers are alienated and lonely as hell and TV affords vouyeristic (consumer) standin for socializing. reality tv delivers that in droves for absolute pennies on the dollar.

:hai:

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Mr Hootington posted:

maybe that lady in Barry wasn't so wrong about making Ben Mendelsohn the next Spiderman

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Xaris posted:

i just realized i've never seen any of the Tron movies somehow, are any worth watching?

the first has some interesting attempts at impossible effects for the time but is pretty boring

the second has some neat visuals by the director of Oblivion and Maverick but is pretty boring

also has a pretty good soundtrack with. Daft Punk, this remix video showcases most of the cool parts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN_MSyrq6-U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

what are good movies to show children who love video games that deal with more complex ideas than just video game imagery looks cool