Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Failboattootoot posted:

Naw they're right. Like all these houses are owned from forever ago in ye olden times before the popularity exploded. They were bought before the 1 house per person rule. They didn't do anything wrong at the time. You can argue well times changed, too bad and I would agree, but then they have to come up with a system for reclamation. They have to design a way for the person in the example to pick the house they want to keep before demolishing the rest. Or even just a system of, "we're going to demolish random houses until you own only one on date X, so if you want to make sure you keep a specific one, you better demolish the others yourself." It also gets weird when you have to factor in alts and people with multiple accounts and yada yada who cares just add more wards 5head your game has millions of subs you can afford the servers (uhh when they become available).

Isn't ward 19 one of the newly added ones?

e: nevermind, that one was added in early 2020 I think. Though iirc the housing market was still very tight at the time.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Most of the people with multiple houses don't even do poo poo with them, you visit and there's just an empty house with an empty lot. I know some of the FC ones do submarines but the ones in personal wards don't.

Also it's unfair for an FC to own multiple houses because they're denying regular FC 's the ability to use those features.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Yeah, repossessing a relative pittance of houses from a few hoarders would probably be a poor use of dev time, but it would be the right thing to do

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Are there any gathering guides for unspoiled nodes? For example midnight-2 am go to zone X as class Y, etc.

It seems like that stuff usually moves pretty fast on the MB.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Consummate Professional posted:

Are there any gathering guides for unspoiled nodes? For example midnight-2 am go to zone X as class Y, etc.

Not so much a "guide" per se but you can use tools like Garland Bell or similar to be notified of what's up when.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Consummate Professional posted:

I used https://www.ffxiv-gathering.com/60.php when I was gathering that stuff last.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Thanks! Those both seem better than what I was doing.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Garland bell is great because you can set the timer for a node and it will ring a bell that you can hear in-game.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Kwyndig posted:

Most of the people with multiple houses don't even do poo poo with them, you visit and there's just an empty house with an empty lot. I know some of the FC ones do submarines but the ones in personal wards don't.

Also it's unfair for an FC to own multiple houses because they're denying regular FC 's the ability to use those features.

There are plenty of empty plots for FCs if they want one. Ishgard is 90% empty, on Leviathan at least. If someone is crazy enough to run a bunch of submarines more power to them.

Also it's not like making use of your house is a requirement to owning it. Since Ishgard was added two FCs next to me have left and they've been replaced with personals that haven't been touched by the owner.

I get that people are salty about losing the lottery but the problem is that there's a couple of orders of magnitude fewer personal housing plots than people who want a personal house, not that a couple of % of the houses are owned by shell FCs.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

CJ posted:

Also it's not like making use of your house is a requirement to owning it.

People know this, this isn't a revelation it's an assumed part of the conversation and part of what people are complaining about because there are people who WOULD like to make use of the houses people aren't.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
It's not fair that some people have like 20 houses while most have none but it wouldnt actually solve the issue because these egregious house mongers don't actually make up a statistically significant amount of the market. If they were comparable to real life billionaires they'd own over half of the houses that exist. But it's more like 3 percent. It's simply not a real contributor to the lack of housing problem.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't give a poo poo. Take away their loving houses.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Yeah I don't care about whether or not some other online person has more toys than me so do what you want but just recognize that it's one of the more stupid investments of emotional energy this thread has had in a while

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't even want a house. I just think this whole thing is absurd.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Impermanent posted:

Yeah I don't care about whether or not some other online person has more toys than me so do what you want but just recognize that it's one of the more stupid investments of emotional energy this thread has had in a while

I just want more stupid mounts!!!!

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Reminder that CJ is the one whose "friend" owns 16 houses across two and just happens to let him reap all the profits from it (which requires him to also have two accounts btw)

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

i should be the only person allowed to have a house

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Xun posted:

Reminder that CJ is the one whose "friend" owns 16 houses across two and just happens to let him reap all the profits from it (which requires him to also have two accounts btw)

I'm glad for him.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

what profits even are there it's not like you can sell the lots now

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Badger of Basra posted:

what profits even are there it's not like you can sell the lots now

You can make about as much as you can from crafting/mb watching if you waste time doing all the submarine/airship ships in a dozen+ houses all at once taking more time to do it.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I would simply not be mad

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Dryzen posted:

I would simply not be mad

It's Just That Easy.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Houses are for losers. The more houses you have the more you are losing. Therefore, I am winning, QED.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

exactly. who needs em

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I have an apartment that I spent hours and millions of gil painstakingly decorating and immediately after finishing it I pretty much entirely stopped going there. Housing seems very pointless.

That being said I am still in favor of allocating dev time to strip real estate barons of their houses as well as implementing a mechanic that places them into stocks where the rest of the playerbase can throw fruit at them.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Arist posted:

I don't give a poo poo. Take away their loving houses.

KoB
May 1, 2009
the biggest reason to take away houses from people with more than one is that it would be really funny and only effect a couple dozen people total. Theyd come in this thread and have a big ol baby meltdown.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

KoB posted:

the biggest reason to take away houses from people with more than one is that it would be really funny and only effect a couple dozen people total. Theyd come in this thread and have a big ol baby meltdown.

but by keeping the houses as they are we get much more frequent upset posts about people desperately wanting to engage with The Submarine Mechanics, so by humor metrics its better kept as-is

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

KoB posted:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
So we've got a release date for patch 6.18: July 5th.

They announced that with two new posts on the Lodestone announcing the details for the new EU servers and the reorganizing/expansion of the JP data centers.
Introducing New Worlds to the European Data Centers
Regarding the Expansion of Japanese Data Centers

So, for anyone that's serious about their Crystalline Conflict rating in this first season, you have until servers go down on July 5th to push your rank as high as you want it. A new season will start once servers come back up from their 24 hour maintenance.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
And then they make another post talking about the end of CC Season One. :v:

There is a tidbit about how your ranking will influence your starting point for Season Two:

quote:

Upon the commencement of Season Two, you will be placed five risers below your final placement in Season One, with zero Rising Stars.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Is that also the end of the current PvP reward season, or is that persisting for a while? I just hit rank 20 and was hoping to get the gear coffer, but I might need to grind CC for it if we only have like two weeks.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It's just the Crystalline Conflict Ranked season that's ending.

The general PvP Series lasts until 6.2. When that patch hits, all of the unique rewards from the Series path will move to a vendor, so even if you don't quite get there you'll have until 6.3 to buy them with Trophy Crystals.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Cool, thanks. Guess I'll keep plinkin' away at Frontline and see how things go.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

What's the main content for 6.18, is it primarily PvP rank reset and new data centers?

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
And the implementation of Data Centre Travel, so all the Primal goons can go to Crystal for ERP sightseeing.

More seriously though, it'll be good for everyone to go visit friends, or pick up some bargains.

Yapping Eevee fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jun 21, 2022

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Yapping Eevee posted:

And the implementation of Data Centre Travel, so all the Primal goons can go to Crystal for ERP sightseeing.

More seriously though, it'll be good for everyone to go visit friends, or pick up some bargains.

Lunarcon is going to crash the housing wards isn't it

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Yapping Eevee posted:

Unless you're Oceanic, in which case a feature advertised initially for you to return to your old friends after swapping to the OCE servers is now doing literally nothing for you.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Lord_Magmar posted:

Unless you're Oceanic, in which case a feature advertised initially for you to return to your old friends after swapping to the OCE servers is now doing literally nothing for you.

Is this the same mindset as the people who argue that if they can't personally get a house all neighborhoods should be deleted? Discuss.

jalapeno_dude fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jun 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Mainwaring posted:

What's the main content for 6.18, is it primarily PvP rank reset and new data centers?

In addition to data center travel, based on prior x.y8 (where y is odd) patches it will also lift the weekly lockout on savage raid loot and the weapon token from the 4th circle of the normal raids, plus let you use the upgrade token from the alliance raid to upgrade the weapons you can get with the normal raid tokens + capped tomestones.

Edit:

Lord_Magmar posted:

I don't recall cross-physical-data center travel being promised anytime sooner than "eventually."

Theris fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jun 21, 2022