Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Kalli posted:

ahh, there's now pictures of the cops hiding in the school with ballistics shields an hour before the gunman was actually stormed.

cool cool cool cool cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

yeah, about that

https://twitter.com/tplohetski/status/1539005393216622594

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Ballistic shield with extended attachments - $6000

AR-15 - $1200

Waiting 50 mins to enter an active shooter scene?

Priceless...

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The door wasn't even locked. They didn't even try to go in.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

It’s weird how “there’s always more and it’s always worse” just extends to everything in the universe.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Had a hail storm come thru today. Looked like it snowed and they had to bring out the plows.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
That hail fog along the ground is pretty gnarly

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Made myself a steak and a baked potato tonight but I kinda Manas'd the steak because it was a top round. Ended up way too tough.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Rectal Placenta posted:

That hail fog along the ground is pretty gnarly

It was wild. I couldn't see but 10 feet in front of my vehicle at one point.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
That last photo is from the new fallout right?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MaximilianK posted:

That last photo is from the new fallout right?

Was thinking the new Division but yours works better

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Wanna see that body cam footage.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Made myself a steak and a baked potato tonight but I kinda Manas'd the steak because it was a top round. Ended up way too tough.
Sous vide & either a blowtorch or a searing hot pan for a couple seconds helps prevent that from happening. Trick is getting the meat as dry as possible after pulling it out of the bag.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Top round became my go to for cow, great for roasts and carne asada. I just can’t stomach fatty steaks anymore and it’s perfect. Hell of a learning curve tho.

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jun 21, 2022

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I find the more I work out the more I crave fatty cuts of meat.

I've been doing 1.5 hours of lifting in a ppl program 5 days a week and by the time dinner rolls around I'll smash anything. Mind you a bit too much fat and I end up with bubble guts.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I had flank steak for fajitas this weekend and it was good.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Android Apocalypse posted:

Sous vide & either a blowtorch or a searing hot pan for a couple seconds helps prevent that from happening. Trick is getting the meat as dry as possible after pulling it out of the bag.

Eh, I just ol' left it on the stove too long.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Tri tip used to be my standard till everyone discovered it and the price shot way the gently caress up, Santa Maria Tritip is still the goat to me.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

Tri tip used to be my standard till everyone discovered it and the price shot way the gently caress up, Santa Maria Tritip is still the goat to me.

I was using pork shoulder for years out here to make a mess of cheap meals until the low n slow BBQ revolution has nearly quadrupled the price.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

bobjr posted:

I had flank steak for fajitas this weekend and it was good.

I love a good fajita. Got a craving now. Look forward to eating one this weekend.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I watched the Anthony Bourdain episode in Copenhagen and it’s basically just only on the restaurant Noma, which is supposedly the #1 restaurant in the world.

The chef does some off the wall stuff but Bourdain seemed to think it was every bit as good as advertised. It’s ~$450 for a 20 course meal that takes over 2 hours. +$250 if you want wine pairings and….that doesn’t sound too bad?

Like if it’s legit the best restaurant in the world $700 doesn’t sound ridiculous to try it once? Hard part is actually getting a reservation but still.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Fly me over we’ll bro date it

Also a buddy of mine has been and concurs.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Fly me over we’ll bro date it

Also a buddy of mine has been and concurs.

But who will watch my plants while you’re gone

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

I watched the Anthony Bourdain episode in Copenhagen

already getting ready eh :unsmith:

btw I think I was multiple pages late but from what you posted before it sounds like an awesome expat package, my dumb rear end did all this the hard way and getting things like multiple flights a year to visit home and housing costs paid is The Way to Do It.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

My buddy in India who was working for Deloitte got multiple first class tickets home each year.

His wife got twice as many, like every two months or something, and they even gave her an extra one for her dog.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Still dont have a confirmation on it. Thought it was coming today but he pushed me off until end of week. Flat out told him I wanted it.

He's stuck on trying to decide if he wants to train up a CSA into a CSM (my position) or if he just wants to bring me over. Everything he's trying to do in that office I could make happen so much faster than the timelines he's got for them and he's acknowledged as much. It's frustrating that he won't just pull the trigger.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Probably cuts into his bonus

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Impeccable comedic timing

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1539043169295163392?t=ZGj5K7Rl5cZ7d8mW_UCpKQ&s=19

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I will never ever ride a bicycle probably endears him to more americans then anything Biden's ever said.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It really is a shame he went into politics.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Kalli posted:

I will never ever ride a bicycle probably endears him to more americans then anything Biden's ever said.

Most definitely not riding a bike is a plus for republicans.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bird in a Blender posted:

Most definitely not riding a bike is a plus for republicans.

The sheer rage bike lanes in cities pull out from even a ton of democrats is buckwild. Car culture is a poison.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Kalli posted:

The sheer rage bike lanes in cities pull out from even a ton of democrats is buckwild. Car culture is a poison.

I think about how much better society would be if we didn’t have personal automobiles. I do love the convenience of driving, but it brings so many terrible things with it.

If we still had trucks, buses and trains, I think we’d do just fine though.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I generally try to keep my rage against cars contained to the Chicago thread but here we've had three children killed by negligent drivers in less than three weeks. I'm pretty sure cops gave up enforcing traffic laws entirely.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Hot Diggity! posted:

I generally try to keep my rage against cars contained to the Chicago thread but here we've had three children killed by negligent drivers in less than three weeks. I'm pretty sure cops gave up enforcing traffic laws entirely.

I hate how lightly we punish vehicular homicide. It’s usually a slap on the wrist like probation and lose your license for a year or two. IMO, if you kill someone with a car, you’ve lost your right to drive for life.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bird in a Blender posted:

I think about how much better society would be if we didn’t have personal automobiles. I do love the convenience of driving, but it brings so many terrible things with it.

If we still had trucks, buses and trains, I think we’d do just fine though.

I mean the US is really big, so it'd be hard to get rid of personal vehicles, but every town should be designed around walkable centers and covered with mass transit, yeah to make it so you don't need one, and they should be way less ubiquitous.

But yeah, I like walking, and it's wild how I can walk 3 miles to a Target / grocery store, but to then get across the major road I'd have to to get to the large strip mall and it's 30 stores adds at least 15 minutes and some particularly nasty traffic dodging.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

lol, Zoom is hosed this morning and people are freaking out. A meeting I’m nominally supposed to be in was cancelled and when I told the organizer that they could set it up in Teams if they really needed to, they told me they didn’t want to be in it either.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Kalli posted:

I mean the US is really big, so it'd be hard to get rid of personal vehicles, but every town should be designed around walkable centers and covered with mass transit, yeah to make it so you don't need one, and they should be way less ubiquitous.

But yeah, I like walking, and it's wild how I can walk 3 miles to a Target / grocery store, but to then get across the major road I'd have to to get to the large strip mall and it's 30 stores adds at least 15 minutes and some particularly nasty traffic dodging.

Like 60-70 years ago we had massive bus systems that served rural areas and all that left because of cars. Like the most famous scene in North by Northwest starts with Cary Grant getting off a bus next to a cornfield.

Like you said, the infrastructure we made for cars makes every other option harder. Without the car, we’d build denser more walkable cities. We’d focus towns and commerce around transit hubs. Our society would look wildly different.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Doesn’t help that oil and car companies went out of their way to dismantle public transport in the US https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_streetcar_conspiracy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

It really is a shame he went into politics.

If Donald Trump was put into Greg Gutfeld's job right now it would honestly be the best thing for the universe. Trump can just be the guy who sits on a panel show and goes "what grown man gets ice cream out of a cone?! *air accordian* frankly it's ridiculous and this is why Russia invaded Ukraine"