Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I couldn't get a haircut for a few weeks = lockdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Mantis42 posted:

if the lockdowns aren't real then why has every conservative i know been complaining about them for 2 years?

this is the easiest question in the world: because they were obviously horseshit that did nothing about covid while at the same time inconveniencing a lot of people and disrupting their lives

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Nonsense posted:

American quarantine is called the morgue

We call them refrigerated trucks here in New York.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fly Molo posted:

how to tell a poster doesn’t live in america: they think there were lockdowns

how to tell if a poster is american: they think america had lockdowns

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

this is the easiest question in the world: because they were obviously horseshit that did nothing about covid while at the same time inconveniencing a lot of people and disrupting their lives

Idk man they worked pretty fucken good in my country, the evidence points to Americans and Brits just being stupid as gently caress

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

COVID lockdowns are a lot like gun control. No matter how many people die needlessly it will never happen but conservatives are absolutely sure it's happening anyways.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
So I wasn't paying attention it looks like the Indians are protesting against Modi's new reform again? Train burning and poo poo.

This time the (military enlisting) reform does not target an ethnic minority.

nigel thornberry
Jul 29, 2013

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

are you saying conservatives complain about lockdowns because they were ineffective at controlling covid?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

nigel thornberry posted:

are you saying conservatives complain about lockdowns because they were ineffective at controlling covid?

Are you saying conservatives don't constantly and unceasingly complain about totally made up things?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

ikanreed posted:

Are you saying conservatives americans don't constantly and unceasingly complain about totally made up things?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

nigel thornberry posted:

No the point is that "lockdowns" in the US were half-assed so that they weren't very effective and essentially didn't exist for a lot of people, while still being enough of an inconvenience that plenty of people whipped themselves up into a white hot rage about it

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Mango Press 🥭🗝 posted:

❗Alexei Navalny reportedly received an award from the Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation.

The Foundation is an American anti-communist "nonprofit" organization formed in 1993 by an act of the US Congress to "provide Americans with educational information about the ideology, history, and legacy of communism."

The founders of the fund are Zbigniew Brzezinski, one of the leading ideologues of US foreign policy (at one time) of Polish origin, and Lev Eugene Dobriansky, an American historian, and part-time Ukrainian nationalist. Its reported that he also headed the American anti-communist "National Committee of Enslaved Nations" and led the unification of former members of the Nazi SS division "Galicia".

🇷🇺 #Russia #USEmpire

🥭 @mangopress
(from t.me/mangopress/7585, via tgsa)

https://victimsofcommunism.org/2022-rcon/

roflmao

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
lol

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

StashAugustine posted:

No the point is that "lockdowns" in the US were half-assed so that they weren't very effective and essentially didn't exist for a lot of people, while still being enough of an inconvenience that plenty of people whipped themselves up into a white hot rage about it

sounds like they shouldn't have half-assed their lockdowns

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

crepeface posted:

There are a lot of things that America ought to do, yes

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
like the lockdowns and quarantines that china did that actually worked?!!?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

IAMKOREA posted:

Best line in the quarantine catastrophe is, to her husband, “Thank you for being here. I’m glad you’re here” He has COVID, he’s supposed to be there!

lol

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crepeface posted:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

IAMKOREA posted:

Best line in the quarantine catastrophe is, to her husband, “Thank you for being here. I’m glad you’re here” He has COVID, he’s supposed to be there!

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

china went from 30,000 cases per day at the peak of the shanghai outbreak to...let's see here...34 today

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

taiwan, meanwhile, has far exceeded that peak despite having fewer people than the city of shanghai and less than 2 percent of the mainland's population. daily deaths are higher than the shanghai outbreak's cumulative total. weird how we're seeing zero reporting about that!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

IAMKOREA posted:

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

R. Guyovich posted:

china went from 30,000 cases per day at the peak of the shanghai outbreak to...let's see here...34 today

The thing is, ultimately the "You can't contain COVID forever people!" are probably right but right in the same way that you will never get the piss smell out of the apartment when your roommate keeps pissing on the floor like a poorly trained dog.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Part-time nationalist? Like some days he's not feeling it

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

R. Guyovich posted:

taiwan, meanwhile, has far exceeded that peak despite having fewer people than the city of shanghai and less than 2 percent of the mainland's population. daily deaths are higher than the shanghai outbreak's cumulative total. weird how we're seeing zero reporting about that!

How can we question the dogmatic advantages of democracy

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

R. Guyovich posted:

BuT aT wHaT cOsT?!?!1

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
it is incredible how the west has decided to coordinate with basically all other capitalist nations to somehow someway strongarm them into dealing with covid in the worst possible way. it was scary in early '21 when europe went from taking covid somewhat seriously and hemming and hawing on restrictions to just full idiotic covid is over open biden, in lockstep, basically all at the same time.

mass death and disability, accelerating economic and social decline, needlessly stressing healthcare systems to uhhhhhh spite china?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

mortons stork posted:

it is incredible how the west has decided to coordinate with basically all other capitalist nations to somehow someway strongarm them into dealing with covid in the worst possible way. it was scary in early '21 when europe went from taking covid somewhat seriously and hemming and hawing on restrictions to just full idiotic covid is over open biden, in lockstep, basically all at the same time.

mass death and disability, accelerating economic and social decline, needlessly stressing healthcare systems to uhhhhhh spite china?

gotta show em how a real TAM is done

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

mortons stork posted:

It's not incredible. The current blend of capitalism gave up the long term planning/long term profit part of the state functions after the cold war.

Basically slimming down NASA and hand the engineers to SpaceX to make nothing but the cheapest and slowest (i.e. non-military) rocket possible; Trump cutting down the CDC budget; FAA handing out the certification to the airlines to do it themselves. All that stuff.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

stephenthinkpad posted:

It's not incredible. The current blend of capitalism gave up the long term planning/long term profit part of the state functions after the cold war.

Basically slimming down NASA and hand the engineers to SpaceX to make nothing but the cheapest and slowest (i.e. non-military) rocket possible; Trump cutting down the CDC budget; FAA handing out the certification to the airlines to do it themselves. All that stuff.

and PLA level budgets on cops whose only real societal function is to beat up leftists

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Palladium posted:

and PLA level budgets on cops whose only real societal function is to beat up leftists

If you have any reports of the PLA attacking the CCP then :justpost:

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

they mean american cops dude

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cpt_Obvious posted:

If you have any reports of the PLA attacking the CCP then :justpost:

technically incorrect

american regime security forces have a much bigger budget than the PLA lol

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Well, I'm an idiot.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
drat. sounds important. unfortunately it’s a video so I will take their word for it.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1539194683208908805

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1539194863681429506

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

drat china is doing mass surveillance thats hosed up, glad i live in the land of the free

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

THS2 posted:

drat china is doing mass surveillance thats hosed up, glad i live in the land of the free

ah jeeZ id hate for america to swallow up everyone’s data and read everything thank goodness the five eyes countries would never do such a thing

uno.mannschaft
Dec 23, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

ah jeeZ id hate for america to swallow up everyone’s data and read everything thank goodness the five eyes countries would never do such a thing

Still hosed up tho

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I had a chinese friend say to me the other day, living in the USA, "At least in America you have real courts, and police that can't just decide you're guilty and arrest you"

and I was like ???????????????????

Our propaganda is really good, if you live here in a privileged bubble you can just ignore how fuckin broken our police and courts are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I would never be scared to ask a chinese cop directions. I would never interact with an american cop even in much more dire circumstances. it's wild