Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Pylons posted:

Yeah like, if you think Dynamite should "breathe more" or that there should be more talking I'm going to push back on that because that isn't what I want.

And I will too because a three hour Dynamite is hell and would kill the company and omg please no. But let's pretend someone did come in saying why not three hours to compete with WWE in honesty - maybe we have had that conversation over and over for twenty years why three hour shows are death. But they haven't. And they miss WCW lucha hour. Telling them they're loving dumb without elaboration and everyone being "look at this dumbo" is much worse.

If someone says every loving week it should be three hours and ignores all evidence to the contrary yeah they are maybe a lovely poster. But if they're not a bad person who cares?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Orange Carlisle posted:

ya can't straight up call someone out by name and then say this isn't about you and me

Thought that'd be obvious. But instead it was just my intentions laid bare yet again. I can't compete with someone who knows everything, and if they don't, they'll just make something up. You win, Lid. I must go and intimidate, scathe, and show off my mean spirit elsewhere. Perhaps the General thread. [howls like a bad rear end wolf but somethin gets caught in my throat] Not a big deal.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Orange Carlisle posted:

ya can't straight up call someone out by name and then say this isn't about you and me

nodding sagely

also "i didn't know saying you're so toxic multiple people felt the need to message me they won't post because of you would make you upset" is a blind spot you could drive a hogan monster truck through

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Yeah like I’ve been pretty flippant and emotionally removed from this whole situation because it’s more baffling than anything but I’m genuinely upset about being personally involved in any of this. Saying that I’m some sort of bully who wishes to drive people away from the forums is a heavy claim to levy, and I don’t think it’s incredibly founded.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Orange Carlisle posted:

I've been called out by name like sixteen times in this thread. If I thought every one if it was about you and me I wouldn't be looking and seeing the people who agree with me. This is not about personal posting reputations.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Ivypls posted:

it's a running joke among posters here that tony khan is incapable of booking more than one women's match per show, i don't think anyone is particularly sensitive to aew receiving criticism. if your criticism is something that most people don't see as an issue then yeah i can see you getting somewhat outsized pushback but i don't know how you avoid that

There's definitely some criticism that breaks through! There's been a few matches that were nominated for WMOTY from AEW.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I'm not sure, because with some of the names mentioned, it seems like just disagreeing even when being a positive dude gets you marked as a bully so the argument here feels disingenuous to begin with.

Yeah, I mean, the thing is even if everyone is super polite, if everytime you go "man I didn't like that" you'd get 4 people being like "oh, well I did" you'd still feel like you were out of place. Especially if you were to go on twitter and see reasonable people also going "man I didn't like that."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"Your posting tends to be acidic and abrasive and people find you scathing. They're scared of you."

"This isn't about me and you."

gently caress off.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

jackofarcades posted:

There's definitely some criticism that breaks through! There's been a few matches that were nominated for WMOTY from AEW.

Yeah, I mean, the thing is even if everyone is super polite, if everytime you go "man I didn't like that" you'd get 4 people being like "oh, well I did" you'd still feel like you were out of place. Especially if you were to go on twitter and see reasonable people also going "man I didn't like that."

You're framing the people going "man, I didn't like that" as the only reasonable ones here.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Lid posted:

I've been called out by name like sixteen times in this thread. If I thought every one if it was about you and me I wouldn't be looking and seeing the people who agree with me. This is not about personal posting reputations.

at this point i'm wondering if you've lost the plot on what point you're even trying to prove because it continues to change

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Pylons posted:

You're framing the people going "man, I didn't like that" as the only reasonable ones here.

No they’re saying that people might disagree no matter what. Either have a conversation about what you like or didn’t like or move on.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Pylons posted:

Seriously, especially when when you're saying everyone disagreeing with them is bad because it makes them feel left out.

So nobody should disagree with anyone because others might also disagree and that's now a bad thing? Or did I read that wrong?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Seriously, especially when when you're saying everyone disagreeing with them is bad because it makes them feel left out.

So nobody should disagree with anyone because others might also disagree and that's now a bad thing? Or did I read that wrong?

Yeah now I’m confused Becuase I saw it as just saying people will disagree as is the nature of an online forum.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The_Rob posted:

Yeah now I’m confused Becuase I saw it as just saying people will disagree as is the nature of an online forum.

It's the "Especially if you were to go on twitter and see reasonable people also going "man I didn't like that."" part

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

i literally don't know what to tell you if you're alienated by having a minority/unpopular opinion on a forum. i don't know what anyone can do about that aside from, i guess, not engaging in a conversation

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Lid posted:

It is but its because this is headed in a direction of "everyone's got it out of their systems let's just go back and have some laughs again" like it's a thing to blow over and we're all friends and this was just a moment. But it's not, this has been going for months upon months and "the way things are" is the problem so if we just go back it might as well have been this conversation never happened at all. There needs to be some meaningful change.

Hell currently the AEW thread is outstanding at this moment as people are talking to each other and it feels great. Could be my imagination but it could also be people are stopping to think "is what I'm about to write helpful, funny, encouraging or something that isn't mean?" and its incredible. If the thread now is how it always is and will stay then job done :).

This is such sanctimonious poo poo

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Pylons posted:

No, you're misreading me, here, which is probably my fault! but is frustrating, because it seems to be another complaint.

A lot of the criticism of AEW is from bad faith dipshits we all make fun of in the bad takes thread. I'm trying to distinguish between the bad faith bullshit and stuff that comes from good faith actors.

So some people not only have a criticism of something, they also see other people have that criticism, and then they see nobody else agreeing with them in the AEW thread. It might not even be malicious or anything, they just go "oh, this place is much more positive about AEW than I am and I might not fit in here."

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Lid posted:

You posted your list of forums enemies along with a list of insane reasons why they're bad posters. No poo poo you're getting called out by name.

There are people on that list whose posting I sometimes don't care for but none of them have made posts as bad as you have today

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Let he who is without bad posts press the first report button

I am not a wrestling poster. Most of the wrestling posters I interact with are either also mma posters or they post in the general chat thread. There is not a single wrestling poster I have personally interacted with in a thread that I have a broadly negative opinion about. Lid, I don't even have a problem with you, I enjoy your mma posts! But, while I cannot and will not comment on if the "posting culture" of the wrestling thread is good or bad, I will say that based on your posting in this specific thread, whatever culture you seem to want to foster is one that would make me less likely to want to post.

Hope all my Posting Allies and Poster Non Gratas alike have a blessed afternoon, evening, night or morning, wherever you are

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

All I want is people to lighten up about fuckin' wrestling posts and an apology to yea ok. thank you.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
On "good faith" vs. "bad faith" posting and reactions:

Like, I might just being poorly expressing my opinion, but it seems to me like this is posts about AEW. Where are you getting the energy to divine the honesty or integrity of the poster whose post you are reading? It seems exhausting in a way that seems pointless and boring, especially when there is a simpler barometer when you look at a post, did I enjoy it.

I personally, do not feel like I have ever made a good faith post on the forums, because at my core all I am trying to do is making entertaining and good posts. Obviously I do not succeed because I am bad at posting.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

NienNunb posted:

Yeah like I’ve been pretty flippant and emotionally removed from this whole situation because it’s more baffling than anything but I’m genuinely upset about being personally involved in any of this. Saying that I’m some sort of bully who wishes to drive people away from the forums is a heavy claim to levy, and I don’t think it’s incredibly founded.

you probed me for not posting a picture of sting, which was incredibly hosed up

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MotU posted:

you probed me for not posting a picture of sting, which was incredibly hosed up

I probed poor Iggy like 20 times for no good reason and they still love me, you’ll find room in your heart for this ol’ lump of coal eventually

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I know this is all probably over and stuff but I am in a far different timezone, and I want to just say "lol" at this sort of accusation

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i still dont know why i was on Lid's List. never got a pm or anything. genuinely feel bullied and attacked.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i still dont know why i was on Lid's List. never got a pm or anything. genuinely feel bullied and attacked.

Your posting is acidic in that it gives me heartburn.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yea ok posted:

Still clueless what wanting this to be FYAD means but I suppose that can remain a mystery.

It nowadays means that you are really wanting a space to be able to post slurs and racist/secist/transphobic stuff (or in some cases also is used to equate a person to being a neo-nazi) which all started after the FYAD being closed thing a few years ago.

Least that's how I've always seen "wants this to be FYAD" to mean whenever someone uses it as an insult/jab.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

legitimately believe its mostly a list of the very visible people that were for and wanted the Benoit Memorial subforum or w/e its name was.

also i agree that junpei is an incredibly inactive mod and that goes for the other subforum they're supposed to mod for as i've seen the Giant Bomb thread have to police itself multiple times because of inactive modding. I genuinely believe Karmatic has the same thing as Jerusalem where their lives outside of the forum are at least more active and are willing to act on Report Button stuff for mod alerts when they are online.

I also do believe there are cliques and poo poo in this forum and i do think certain posters do go out of their way to complain about other posters posting instead of using the ignore button or just trying to positively change the topic of discussion to something else instead of negatively interacting with certain posts that cause forums to derail as people take posts personally.

I have found myself posting less and actively stepping away from making threads and posts the last couple years because i generally just didnt like or have fun reading or posting on this subforum. However when i come back and make posts that arent incredible anger about the regular bullshit of wwe i get labeled as an apologist or whatever other red text poo poo i've gotten just because i say something like "accidents happen in wrestling" or i come in make a few jokey shitposts, people assume i'm being 100% genuine and get angry and try starting fights. The subforum just feels incredibly hostile most the time which is why i rather lurk than post.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

legitimately believe its mostly a list of the very visible people that were for and wanted the Benoit Memorial subforum or w/e its name was.

also i agree that junpei is an incredibly inactive mod and that goes for the other subforum they're supposed to mod for as i've seen the Giant Bomb thread have to police itself multiple times because of inactive modding. I genuinely believe Karmatic has the same thing as Jerusalem where their lives outside of the forum are at least more active and are willing to act on Report Button stuff for mod alerts when they are online.

I also do believe there are cliques and poo poo in this forum and i do think certain posters do go out of their way to complain about other posters posting instead of using the ignore button or just trying to positively change the topic of discussion to something else instead of negatively interacting with certain posts that cause forums to derail as people take posts personally.

I have found myself posting less and actively stepping away from making threads and posts the last couple years because i generally just didnt like or have fun reading or posting on this subforum. However when i come back and make posts that arent incredible anger about the regular bullshit of wwe i get labeled as an apologist or whatever other red text poo poo i've gotten just because i say something like "accidents happen in wrestling" or i come in make a few jokey shitposts, people assume i'm being 100% genuine and get angry and try starting fights. The subforum just feels incredibly hostile most the time which is why i rather lurk than post.
people definitely over react to ur posts in the wwe thread and its the damndest thing

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

The red text av you got was ridiculous, nothing you said was wrong and it says much more about the person who bought it than it does about you.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Thanlis posted:

Nah. I think it’s the difference between “I disagree, my opinion is X” and “you’re an idiot for thinking that, so I’m gonna make fun of you.”

This is the crux of the matter right here

That kind of poo poo isn't funny at all. If someone didn't like something that you liked then go ahead and disagree but don't treat them like they should be in a padded cell because that's your idea of a "joke"

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

stop taking the internet so seriously

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
If you can't make fun of people for their opinions, what can you make fun of them for?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

NienNunb posted:

Yeah like I’ve been pretty flippant and emotionally removed from this whole situation because it’s more baffling than anything but I’m genuinely upset about being personally involved in any of this.

So you're flippant and emotionally removed when it comes to other people feeling upset for being picked on for stupid reasons but yet we should all care about how upset you are when you get attacked?

This explains a lot about how you post

quote:

Saying that I’m some sort of bully who wishes to drive people away from the forums is a heavy claim to levy, and I don’t think it’s incredibly founded.

I don't think you're a bully and I don't think you're trying to drive people away from the forums but you're still part of the problem because you think all the mockery posts are funny and want that kind of posting to be the norm

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jun 21, 2022

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lid posted:

This is a very good summary of a lot of users average experience.

Many posters also avoid the threads because of the doom and gloom posting of people who think a half naked man who pretends he's a luchador dinosaur fighting a guy who thinks he is speaking for old Norse gods as part of his cult is where the fate of America lies and not just a silly form of escapism.

I avoided posting in AEW threads because of the sort of poo poo you've posted as well as others so shut up with this "I am saving the threads" gimmick.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I think the detachment is not nearly as bad as all the people that did "gotcha" posts trying to point out how lovely they think people are or something. The turning point for me for losing a lot of enjoyment posting here was finding the idea of Sasha Banks and Bayley laying on the floor in protest funny and then being called a sexist and insinuated I was a racist for finding the idea of it amusing. There was a long period of people trying to earn imaginary points over people for having the most 'correct' thoughts.

Just felt lovely to have to walk on eggshells about things that could get you labeled actual things with consequences and connotations instead of being called a Dipshit Idiot Moron for liking 'Hangman" Adam Page or Jungle Boy

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yea ok posted:

Really makes me feel good about the dialogue that got opened up and the discussion that was had, where everything I brought up was soundly ignored by the guy who said it all in the first place. Really awesome non-toxic open environment. Comfy as gently caress.

Reading through all of this and yeah it's stupid as gently caress. This is the sort of poo poo that makes the prowrestling side if the subforum not worth interacting with despite many of the accused posters being cool and goodngolks on the fight island discord prowrestling channel.

Yea ok and I barely know each other but they're legit a good person from everything I've seen them post.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Mekchu posted:

Many posters also avoid the threads because of the doom and gloom posting of people who think a half naked man who pretends he's a luchador dinosaur fighting a guy who thinks he is speaking for old Norse gods as part of his cult is where the fate of America lies and not just a silly form of escapism.

It is a form of escapism but it's also an art form and a form of business and some of us would to talk about those things and we don't think reductive trash like "haha funny dinosaur man make laugh" and "rapper man wrestle good" is interesting or worth having a conversation about

Yes pro wrestling is often absurd and goofy and we should revel in that but Bryan Danielson vs Minoru Suzuki doesn't involve goofy gimmicks and can't really be jokingly reduced to "wrestle man do good wrestle punch with other man"

I really like all the positive posts where people are like "I love pro wrestling!" and "I love AEW!" and "Dynamite was awesome!" but I don't want to read entire threads where that's all anyone posts. And I sure as hell don't want to participate in a thread where any post that's not "I love wrestling" is a lame attempt at dunking on another person

Edit: also fwiw I don't understand why yea ok was called out either. I don't always like all their posts but I don't think of yea ok as being in the group of rear end in a top hat posters

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

As a mythical "casual fan" who only started watching wrestling because my wife likes it, I have to say that I don't really enjoy reading the threads here at all. I find the AEW discussion thread kind of impenetrable because of how seriously a lot of people here seem to take it. I think there is a subset of posters here who feel like they have to remind everyone constantly of every questionable thing a wrestler has ever done and it is exhausting when you just want to talk about the show. I never post and rarely read the discussion threads for this reason, but I do think it's funny that the only posts I enjoy anymore are the ones from the people singled out ITT as Bad Influences. It seems like I would have enjoyed the tone of Enclosed Pool Area more but I guess I missed the boat on that one. So anyway, I hope this situation doesn't scare off people like cavuaro and stone cold 64 because they're good and we need more posts like theirs, not less.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lid posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

You were called out because you called other people out and made up accusations about them dude lmao. Jesus christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Elephant Ambush posted:

It is a form of escapism but it's also an art form and a form of business and some of us would to talk about those things and we don't think reductive trash like "haha funny dinosaur man make laugh" and "rapper man wrestle good" is interesting or worth having a conversation about

??? then post and discuss it? i don't see what the problem is. you act like posters are dunking on someone every-time they make a serious post, which certainly does not happen. i like reading the serious posts as much as reading the funny posts, and i think that goes for a lot of others as well. just because someone dunked on your post or whatever doesn't mean someone else read it and enjoyed it.

sometimes i read serious posts and i agree with them, and i don't have anything else to say to add to it. i'm an idiot so it's easier for me to quote a funny post and say "lol"

anyways people should just post. this is the best wrestling forum online and i don't think anyone should be afraid to post here