Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Thanlis posted:

https://twitter.com/RealMickFoley/status/1538987321877577729

Foley still knows how to pander but I don’t mind when he panders to me.

A flaming Foley falls 16 feet off the cage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

0konner posted:

Clockwise from 12 this is Vinny, Bryan, Craig, and Granny in 1992

oh my god

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

0konner posted:

:lol:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

0konner posted:

jesus christ lmao

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

0konner posted:

I was so caught off guard by this that my first thought was 'Wow that's interesting and very informative'.

That said, lol.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

*inhale*
*exhale*
*inhale*
*exhale*
*deep breath*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

https://twitter.com/TheGreatFowler/status/1539045253558284294?s=20&t=DZdek_D9yf-tyM3hRKdQ2w

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Davros1 posted:

*inhale*
*exhale*
*inhale*
*exhale*
*deep breath*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

https://twitter.com/TheGreatFowler/status/1539045253558284294?s=20&t=DZdek_D9yf-tyM3hRKdQ2w

He was their #1 podcast! I know because he kept saying he was the #1 podcast on that network! It was very important!

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, this is basically Ospreay's cycle. He seems to be maturing and getting self-aware, makes some posts dunking on idiots, then like 2 months later he's back to being a dipshit.

He just retweeted this, so no it didn't take long.

https://twitter.com/jakepaul/status/1539044351556341760?s=20&t=PWKCQQNzggaCenwXSV-cug

7 hours earlier he was so happy and humble
https://twitter.com/WillOspreay/status/1538941404637962240?s=20&t=PWKCQQNzggaCenwXSV-cug

Guy just jumps around - IMO him being a heel doesn't help, he's constantly going from irl great, irl awful, in character heel, talking about wrestling in a humble way

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 21, 2022

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

i'm glad that i've been vindicated in calling ospreay the british paul brother in discord the other day

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Again Zack Sabre Jr described Osprey best. He described him as having the brain of a dog.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ivypls posted:

i'm glad that i've been vindicated in calling ospreay the british paul brother in discord the other day

He's definitely equally dumb, but in Will's half rear end defense, he has genuine talent.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Wazzu posted:

Guy just jumps around - IMO him being a heel doesn't help, he's constantly going from irl great, irl awful, in character heel, talking about wrestling in a humble way

his brains ain't so good

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

The_Rob posted:

Again Zack Sabre Jr described Osprey best. He described him as having the brain of a dog.

Doesn’t he have ADHD? Kinda explains a lot to be honest

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

finlay (paraphrased) to flip gordon: You are the dumbest person I know, and I know Osprey

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Thanlis posted:

https://twitter.com/RealMickFoley/status/1538987321877577729

Foley still knows how to pander but I don’t mind when he panders to me.

Now I'm just picturing a best of 3 of Eddie Vs Cactus Jack/Mankind/Dude Love

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

edogawa rando posted:

Now I'm just picturing a best of 3 of Eddie Vs Cactus Jack/Mankind/Dude Love

When you lose 3-0 it is called a best of 5.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Let's loving go

https://twitter.com/kiddbanditpro/status/1538941049682288640

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Shard posted:

"tbh I’m very green and sloppy."

I'll say!
But yeah, Kidd Bandit is cool. Not a wrestler I particularly enjoy watching (more than I used to though!) but a great person nonetheless.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

RE: Brad Shephard - did he release the name on Twitter or something? Because releasing names of SA victims without their consent is a major journalistic faux pas. (Yeah, yeah wrestling "journalism")

No surprise he's getting dropped.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dango Bango posted:

RE: Brad Shephard - did he release the name on Twitter or something? Because releasing names of SA victims without their consent is a major journalistic faux pas. (Yeah, yeah wrestling "journalism")

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
God what a stupid rear end in a top hat

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dangerous Person posted:

by the way, that tweet (unredacted) is STILL UP

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

So he hasn't even taken down the tweet?!

Dangerous Person posted:

e: ah right as I posted. What a piece of poo poo.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Dancing Peasant posted:

ADHD compounded by an entire career of slamming his whole skull into things as hard as he can

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

My completely unqualified armchair bullshit take from reading his posts is that Ospreay seems like a guy who doesn't really do introspection a whole lot. Seems plenty capable of learning individual lessons when someone else explains them to him but never really converts it into anything resembling an internal heuristic process

Like if he touched a hot stove and burned his hand and you were like "Will that's what happens when you touch the stovetop after you turn it on" he'd get it and probably wouldn't do it again, but if you boiled some water with it, he wouldn't infer on his own that you shouldn't touch the pot with your bare hands either, or drink the water, and would probably try to do both

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

is Ospreay still on track to Dynamite Kid himself, or is he going to be around for another 20 years yet

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

0konner posted:

lmfao

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dango Bango posted:

The rest of the world to Brad Shepard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy5rz1cft5w

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Dancing Peasant posted:

I have ADHD and I've never blacklisted a rape victim from my wrestling scene to protect the rapist, I'm pretty sure Will is actually just a loving rear end in a top hat.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I generally think Banditt is fun and cool and I’m happy that there’s a place for them in wrestling but whenever I see them in-ring it always feels like they’re jumping ahead to more advanced moves than they’re ready for which I think really hurts their ring work.

Like, almost every move I’ve seen them do has 1-3 extra rotations which is cool in theory, but when you don’t have those fundamentals nailed first it looks sloppy and really takes the impact out of the move. Fenix would struggle to make some of these look good. It’s like trying to a 630 before you have a senton nailed.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Dacap posted:

I generally think Banditt is fun and cool and I’m happy that there’s a place for them in wrestling but whenever I see them in-ring it always feels like they’re jumping ahead to more advanced moves than they’re ready for which I think really hurts their ring work.

Like, almost every move I’ve seen them do has 1-3 extra rotations which is cool in theory, but when you don’t have those fundamentals nailed first it looks sloppy and really takes the impact out of the move. Fenix would struggle to make some of these look good. It’s like trying to a 630 before you have a senton nailed.

Gotta agree. I saw a spinning kick they did that looked like poo poo, but with a bunch of practice could look incredible. I do wish they had a closed door contract, to just spend a year nailing the execution, then show up at a big show and look like a zillion bucks. I know that's not really how the business works, but it should.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Yeah, they clearly have talent and I think they have a good grasp on their character which is great this early, they just really need some good training and mentoring for the ring work to catch up to their imagination. I think they could be putting on some really exciting matches in a few years.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/theAdamPage/status/1539223449993977858

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
https://twitter.com/dogglesnake/status/1538830310443474944

MinSu eating a sandwich

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Not that anyone needs a specific reason to hate Cornette but is there something in particular he has said recently that has angered the handsome cowboy

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

not my champ

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Seams posted:

Not that anyone needs a specific reason to hate Cornette but is there something in particular he has said recently that has angered the handsome cowboy

I think he is talking about Booker T.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Seams posted:

Think he is talking about Booker, for saying Adam Colebaby needs to get on the juice big time (paraphrasing)

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Seams posted:

I figured he was subtweeting undertaker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
He could literally be talking about so many sad old men lol