Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
Watch Neet get stabbed on the way to work and die two pages from now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Cat Hatter posted:

Watch Neet get stabbed on the way to work and die two pages from now.

It's okay. If a NEET gets stabbed in Japan, they get reincarnated into a fantasy world with a "God gift" superpower.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

NEET is a far better person than practically all Isekai protagonists.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Usually isekai protagonists don't make their parents commit suicide.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Brother Make posted:

After counting up all the electoral votes, the winner appears to be:

That's the determination I like to see. Existence got you down? Internet Bloggers breaking your brain? Work the pain away.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Brother Make posted:

After counting up all the electoral votes, the winner appears to be:

LET'S GOOO!!!!!!!!!

i couldnt vote. couldnt decide. spent the whole time thinking about it. Tohru would be proud

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

McGavin posted:

Neither did part-time NEET! He replaced his dad's salami

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

ALFbrot posted:

Neither did part-time NEET! He replaced his dad's salami

That's pretty much the same thing.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

ok Oedipus

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

McGavin posted:

The original cut for the anime adaptation of Monster Rancher was a lot darker

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

Devils Affricate posted:

You 1-voters are going to regret this! :argh:

Buddy, I already feel that regret 5 times a week during my morning commute. Why not double down?

Millionaire Monday
Oct 4, 2021

The Daily Life of a
Certain (Ex-Con) Millionaire
begins!

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Good poker face NEET you got this

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Devils Affricate posted:

Oda's gonna randomly guess it and NEET won't be able to contain himself

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

purplestuffedworm
Oct 11, 2012
NEET's a never-nude, confirmed

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

This is why living alone is best, you can take them off.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

super sweet best pal posted:

This is why living alone is best, you can take them off.

Not really.
Cant take em off if you didnt have em on

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
NEET is not gay ergo he does not wipe; undies stay on

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Throwing all my clothes off simultaneously, remembering I need my underwear, and grabbing it back out of the air before anything has hit the ground

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

big cummers ONLY posted:

Throwing all my clothes off simultaneously, remembering I need my underwear, and grabbing it back out of the air before anything has hit the ground

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Honestly did not expect such a meta turn. Oda is straight up staring down that 4th wall.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I like to think the rl NEET artist looks just like Oda, and actually has a snot carpet. No one disillusion me please.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

lol "for the money"

what if its not fun to read, not fun to draw, and not financially successful either?
in otherwords, why do we still get neet updates?

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

simplefish posted:

lol "for the money"

what if its not fun to read, not fun to draw, and not financially successful either?
in otherwords, why do we still get neet updates?

For those sweet rule34s

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

ピシ - "mental SFX, e.g. when thoughts or ideals are broken"

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Oh no lol

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Snap back to reality, ope there goes gravity

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

edit: Better translation and context. Original in the quote.

quote:

Mackerel Cornflake fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jun 30, 2022

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

I think it could be a good thing, like breaking from the spiraling line of thought earlier

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Brother Make posted:

ピシ - "mental SFX, e.g. when thoughts or ideals are broken"

:crackping:

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
What started off as a weird manga that people hated on page one has ended up being still weird but also pretty interesting and clever. It's better than 99% of what's in the pyf webcomic thread lol. I love tohru and would take a bullet for every incarnation of him.

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

R.L. Stine posted:

What started off as a weird manga that people hated on page one has ended up being still weird but also pretty interesting and clever. It's better than 99% of what's in the pyf webcomic thread lol. I love tohru and would take a bullet for every incarnation of him.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Narutor: They did not stop there.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
When this is all over we need to dump the whole thread into a PDF or something and dump it on the author's proverbial desk. Or just the actual translator ones, the rest might be a bit weird.

But I get why we can't let them know too soon.

"Here, this is for you. Do with it what you will, it's now released under open copyright system [whatever]. Go nuts if you like. Don't think too hard about it."

Be a weird fuckin' day for them for sure.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The Butcher posted:

When this is all over we need to dump the whole thread into a PDF or something and dump it on the author's proverbial desk. Or just the actual translator ones, the rest might be a bit weird.

"Here, this is for you. Do with it what you will, it's now released under open copyright system [whatever]. Go nuts if you like. Don't think too hard about it."

Any work derivative of an original copyrighted work is not "open copyright", whether that is claimed or not. The original author retains copyright of their work. If the original author asked for the translated version to be pulled from here, it would be, to avoid a lawsuit.

Don't touch the poop original NEET artist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

The Butcher posted:

From my understanding, Japanese artists generally have very different views about sharing art than here in the west. Namely, they really don't like it. They tend to want full control over how their works are distributed and to who, to the point where reselling doujin (comics drawn by artists, often fan works of popular series) is a huge taboo. It's generally seen as better to throw out a doujin you don't want anymore rather than resell it. The view tends to be that only the artist has the right to distribute their art, nobody else. And I don't mean "the right" from a legal sense, but rather from a moral sense. I think the reasoning is because if an artist decides for whatever reason that they want to remove their art from the public, they can't if someone else is also distributing their works.

I might be wrong about that, and obviously this won't apply to EVERY Japanese artist, but it's what I've been told by people much more heavily involved in Japanese artist circles than I am. If this is true, I kind of worry NEET author wouldn't be too thrilled about this thread.