Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think Lady Butterfly took me 150 tries?

It was definitely on par with Cleric Beast, my first ever souls boss, and possibly more difficult than Nioh's Tachibana Muneshige

i think Jerma topped at like 220 lmao i believe it was a literal multi hour stream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

where the gently caress do I download previous nvidia drivers

the old drivers on their page takes me to drivers from 2021, I literally want the release before this one, which is crashing poo poo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If a boss takes me longer than an hour I end up backsliding and no amount of trying to press on will help. I just need to take a break and come back later

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
is tachibana in Nioh the dude who does the cool "blade is sheathed BUT NOW ITS NOT" move that is like 1/16 of a second long

the guy you fight in the itty bitty arena with the flowers?

that fight kicks rear end hardcore i love that fight

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

One strategy that I find really helpful for Souls bosses that give me a hard time is to just have a couple of attempts where I don't attack at all and just dodge/parry so I can figure out how the boss moves. Then forget everything because if I just attack him wildly without paying attention I can definitely finish him off fast enough.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Gundam Evolution console network test invites went out

It's pretty okay from what I saw on PC but insanely badly balanced

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

victrix posted:

the old drivers on their page takes me to drivers from 2021, I literally want the release before this one, which is crashing poo poo

I think this Guru3D is still good for old mirrors for drivers.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Last Celebration posted:

150 tries with a short boss run is probably less tedious than, say, refighting Orphan of Kos as many times as I did before giving up. Plus it shows the resolve of a true shinobi. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl9pTDK8PAk

You may not like it but this is peak video game player perseverance.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ah geez, I got into the console network test for Gundam Evolution the same weekend as AI 2.

GAMING

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

verbal enema posted:

is tachibana in Nioh the dude who does the cool "blade is sheathed BUT NOW ITS NOT" move that is like 1/16 of a second long

the guy you fight in the itty bitty arena with the flowers?

that fight kicks rear end hardcore i love that fight

That is the one and yeah it is wild

Edit: "i spent months on this and he just tweeted it out" energy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47h5_ZbjvSY

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jun 21, 2022

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That is the one and yeah it is wild

Edit: "i spent months on this and he just tweeted it out" energy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47h5_ZbjvSY

WOW

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

it's him

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

If a boss takes me longer than an hour I end up backsliding and no amount of trying to press on will help. I just need to take a break and come back later

ara ara... you're quite skilled... perhaps there's more to you than the rumors claim. very well, you leave me no choice... a thousand dreams give way to a thousand victories! hi-ougi: going to bed and trying again tomorrow...!!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

hatty posted:

Bashing your head against a boss for two hours straight is very relaxing imo

The real pro strategy, and how I beat Owl the first time: Slam head against boss a bunch, get frustrated, go to bed. Wake up like three hours later, sit in bed for a while, then say to yourself “i’mma get that fucko” and ice him on your first try at 6 in the morning. :black101:

Go back to bed immensely pleased with yourself.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
The best difficult bosses that took me forever were definitely Ornstein And Smough from DS1 and ISS from Sekiro.

Worst was whatever the gently caress that was at the end of No More Heroes 2 which was the absolute least fun I ever had with a game. It cannot be understated just how frustrating that whole thing was, especially the camera.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

behold my most powerful technique:

https://i.imgur.com/HOuLfMb.mp4

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I've decided Midnight Suns is gonna be my GOTY, I'm manifesting it or whatever it is people do

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

victrix posted:

If you know the driver version you can just google search them, these are the ones I got installed now:

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/187304/en-us/

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

cheetah7071 posted:

It's the most powerful technique in Souls games. If you don't have time to sleep, just taking a break long enough to post here about what bullshit Radagon is will also provide huge buffs.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If I ever start getting frustrated with a boss I'll go look up a cheese guide, discover that I don't really have the items or setup to make that cheese necessary, then return to that boss at beat it on the next try, content with the knowledge that I could have exploited him if I really wanted.

I did do the triple Mogh shackle exploit on NG+ though because I just wanted to get through the game again, very fun to do.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Being a boss that has to keep facing off against the same undying hero over and over sounds like fertile narrative soil. One amateur shows up, gets easily killed, but they show up unharmed the next day and are a little bit better at fighting. Repeat for months. Strong “you have to win every fight but I only have to win once” energy.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Does ACAB include Leon Kennedy

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Chairchucker posted:

I've decided Midnight Suns is gonna be my GOTY, I'm manifesting it or whatever it is people do

But will the final hero be Morbius

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

Yeah

Watch the cutscene in re4 again, where he has his first encounter with a ganado at his home. Very unprofessional and jumps to pulling his gun out way too quickly

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ometeotl posted:

If you like that style of game, it's one of those. If you don't, you won't.

I like that style of game and most of the other FCs and 6 sucked

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Leon kennedy has technically never been a cop since the events of re2 takes place during what is supposed to be his first day furthermore

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

absolutely

it was necessary

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's meeeeester kennedy not oooooofficer kennedy

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I feel like the A in ACAB is pretty clear.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Mode 7 posted:

That's right it only excludes Marge Gunderson

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Mode 7 posted:

That's right, it establishes present tense.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Leon kennedy has technically never been a cop since the events of re2 takes place during what is supposed to be his first day furthermore

But now he's a secret agent working for the government.

That's like, double cop. Maybe triple.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Does ACAB include Wei Shen

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Fictional president + his job is to protect Ashley who is not part of the government. Plz leave Leon alone, that man attacked him!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

Does ACAB include Wei Shen

Wei Shen? There's no way that guy's a cop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLu0obvPao0

I haven't played that game in ages, should give it a revisit. The car combat was fun for what it was

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wei Shen doesn't need to be a cop to be a bastard

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Miles Edgeworth is a cop but he's also hot so it's hard to say if he's bad or not

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dick Gumshoe is a cop, but he's bad at it so it's fine.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I feel like the “bastards” part of ACAB is general enough to be applicable to all cops without reservation. An individual officer could be a real asset to the community and may even be instrumental in preventing a zombie apocalypse, but by wearing the badge they are identifying with an armed gang and benefiting from the excessive authority and equipment that provides. Just because you’re a bastard doesn’t mean you’re Satan, it just means you’re a bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

LawfulWaffle posted:

I feel like the “bastards” part of ACAB is general enough to be applicable to all cops without reservation. An individual officer could be a real asset to the community and may even be instrumental in preventing a zombie apocalypse, but by wearing the badge they are identifying with an armed gang and benefiting from the excessive authority and equipment that provides. Just because you’re a bastard doesn’t mean you’re Satan, it just means you’re a bastard.

me, playing re4 while someone talks to me: yeah bro