Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Most of the tea we drink is cold, often from a can or jug. If you're from the South, it's roughly 90% sugar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

We call soda 'Coke' and tea 'uncarbonated Coke'

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Wait, how do you make coffee without a kettle? Does everyone in America use a moka pot? Or have one of those huge espresso machines at home?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

as far as i can tell from tv they just all have those 1950s coffee machines that keep a jug warm while coffee drips down into it.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Vagabong posted:

Wait, how do you make coffee without a kettle? Does everyone in America use a moka pot? Or have one of those huge espresso machines at home?

this is so funny bc to me i would be so annoyed if i stayed at someone's home and they didnt have a coffee maker. many americans have a drip coffee machine bc theyre as cheap as like 20 bucks and get the job done. i use the kettle for my french press

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Vagabong posted:

A dedicated drip coffee machine is the most common. But you’ll see a ton of variety since we are such big coffee drinkers (and because we’re hopelessly addicted to consumerism.) Machines that use single-use coffee pods have got really popular, but you shouldn’t trust anyone who has one of those.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

A dedicated drip coffee machine is the most common. But you’ll see a ton of variety since we are such big coffee drinkers (and because we’re hopelessly addicted to consumerism.) Machines that use single-use coffee pods have got really popular, but you shouldn’t trust anyone who has one of those.

for real holy poo poo. i dont know whats wrong with people

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I use one of those but with the reusable cup since I live alone and don't want to brew an entire pot.

I've considered getting a smaller French press though.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jun 21, 2022

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

A dedicated drip coffee machine is the most common. But you’ll see a ton of variety since we are such big coffee drinkers (and because we’re hopelessly addicted to consumerism.)
And yet American coffee culture is infamously bad.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

fun hater posted:

for real holy poo poo. i dont know whats wrong with people

Aside from drinking tea or coffee how often do you use boiled water without cooking something in it? There isn't a strong need for it, and electric kettles aren't actually that uncommon in the US, they just aren't universal.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Huh, I never considered that drip coffee makers would be so rare outside the Folgers Hellzone of coffee on this side of the Atlantic

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

The longest Chrontendo episode, episode 60, has been released! 2 hour and half!

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

once you go pour-over or french press you never want to go back to drip

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

And yet American culture is infamously bad.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I love my electric kettle and my pour over coffee but my husband was 100% unaware either of those were even 'things'

fun hater
May 24, 2009

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Aside from drinking tea or coffee how often do you use boiled water without cooking something in it? There isn't a strong need for it, and electric kettles aren't actually that uncommon in the US, they just aren't universal.

what does that have to do with the price of tea in china

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Famethrowa posted:

once you go pour-over or french press you never want to go back to drip

i really really dont want to go back to drip but i drink like 8 cups a day and its just a lot easier...but the french press is a tasty treat

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qx-YP5r6Jw

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

fun hater posted:

i really really dont want to go back to drip but i drink like 8 cups a day and its just a lot easier...but the french press is a tasty treat

Yeah this is why I usually stick to sludge coffee from my drip machine. I drink a lot (more than I should) and it's a lot easier, especially on a lazy Sunday or when hungover, to just load the machine the night before and press 'on' when I wake up and jump in the shower.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
That's actually why I went to pour-over, I drank waaaay too much coffee before and that kinda forces me to stick to a quality over quantity thing, I can have two or three really nice cups instead of like eight or ten kinda poo poo ones

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Vagabong posted:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Kunster posted:

The longest Chrontendo episode, episode 60, has been released! 2 hour and half!

He actually ADDED MORE footage since the Patreon preview. What lunacy.

I'm just gonna throw this out there since I know a few people have said they were listening to the show now: new Lightning Strikes Thrice is out as we enter the endgame stretch on Michtam and our body count rockets skyward. I'm mentioning this one because we're a) taking fan questions/feedback for a post-game episode just covering the timeline and questions hosts had about the story, and b) we all had a big discussion at the end of the XS3 finale and tried to begin planning out show improvements for future seasons. There's a doc here (Guess we'll find out if Chris set up permissions correctly, I can't look from work) with stuff we're working on and didn't know if anyone else had feedback/gripes/ideas we should look into before we kick off FFVIII recording in a month.

Thank you for loving Michtam.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdGhWkLeEMs

Don't watch this video. It is already too late for me.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

sexpig by night posted:

That's actually why I went to pour-over, I drank waaaay too much coffee before and that kinda forces me to stick to a quality over quantity thing, I can have two or three really nice cups instead of like eight or ten kinda poo poo ones

Yep, if all I've got in the house is expensive rear end beans and making a cup means having to go through a full manual pour-over process then it means I only have one, maybe two cups per day instead of firing up the drip machine every other hour for another pot like I did back in uni.

Growing up my family never had a kettle, if we drank tea it was iced tea. I only started using a kettle once I moved out on my own, first for hot teas after a roommate got me into them and then later for making pour overs.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Coffee is for sinners. Growing up we were a good mormon postum family.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

fun hater posted:

Man I love me some coffee but 8 cups is... a lot of coffee

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Macaluso posted:

Caffeine's a hell of a drug.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
In my teens/early 20's I could drink like 3-4 pots of coffee in a single day and still get to bed at a reasonable time. These days though if I drink even just one extra cup past ~3PM I'm gonna be up until 2AM.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
I have a 1.5 liter French press and I drink about three quarters of that a day. Coffee good. I do have to stop by 5 though.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I live in one of the worst states in the world (Florida). If I lived in a state where it got cold way more often and stayed that way I'd probably drink coffee way more outside of breakfast because man there's nothing like a hot cup of coffee when it's like 30 degrees out.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I switched to decaff so I could still have a cup or two in the evenings after work without utterly destroying my sleep. I thought my hairline would be the worst part of getting old but no this is definitely the biggest tragedy

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I recently cut myself from 8 cups to 4 cups in the morning and it's fine. I'm fine. Everything is fine.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Coffee is deprecated, Monster Ultra Zero™ is the way forward

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
https://twitter.com/foone/status/1538921226571161600?s=21&t=uI4XJM2m2kdYtJJLBrxyWw

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Macaluso posted:

ive got a lot of problems

DaysBefore posted:

I switched to decaff so I could still have a cup or two in the evenings after work without utterly destroying my sleep. I thought my hairline would be the worst part of getting old but no this is definitely the biggest tragedy

ive started doing this too -_-

i watched all of those "waiting in the wings" videos and they were very interesting. thank you for linking me to them. in particular the one about "rebecca: the musical" is absolutely buck wild

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Baseball players are weird.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrmBsHfUbPY

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hmm interesting, perhaps my 'two sodas on days when I feel really sad isn't that terrible after all.

Aside for there being enough sugar in them for 80 cups of coffee since I don't like any diet stuff.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m a redbull guy

OG flavor only. It’s so tasty.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I went from about 6 cups of coffee per day, to 8 when my kid was born, to 6 again when she started sleeping nights, now I'm down to 3.

But I f***ing need those 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I cannot stand coffee and I never will learn to now.