Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i deserve to see mario die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wonder if the sound of rushing/streaming water sounds too similar to a cat hissing and makes cats uncomfortable.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

this was the last time i felt hope. but as i would quickly learn, i was tricked

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cavauro posted:

wonder if the sound of rushing/streaming water sounds too similar to a cat hissing and makes cats uncomfortable.

my dad built a water wheel & his cat loved it & would sit on top of it anytime he turned it on, so, no, its not that cavauro.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Speaking of games, I've been hankerin' to get back into Rimworld but last time I did that I sank 500 hours into it over a summer. I don't wanna do that again but I'm afraid I can't trust myself.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

new netflix show called god's favorite idiot but it's not about dan. finally unsubscribed from using my friend's netflix

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I Before E posted:

Where the heck have you been the past few years that you're only now trying out face masks? I know some people were able to stay inside and avoid covid, but golly!

Brother we all seek self improvement at different times.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cavauro posted:

new netflix show called god's favorite idiot but it's not about dan. finally unsubscribed from using my friend's netflix

i pivotal dlc scene in my script for mario 2

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sandusky Ohio looks like it’s permanently stuck in the aftermath of a gun tragedy. I do not like it here.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

coconono posted:

Sandusky Ohio looks like it’s permanently stuck in the aftermath of a gun tragedy. I do not like it here.

The name itself should've been a red flag!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm gonna pick up Elden Ring on XBOX once its on a good sale one day just so I can play it again for achievement points. Until then I'm doing a trilogy ME run on insane, then I'll probably do Andromeda, finish off DAI and do all of rear end Creed and its DLC.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Shard posted:

I'm gonna pick up Elden Ring on XBOX once its on a good sale one day just so I can play it again for achievement points. Until then I'm doing a trilogy ME run on insane, then I'll probably do Andromeda, finish off DAI and do all of rear end Creed and its DLC.

I'll just say it again. Elden Ring is Game of the Year for me. Game of the Decade for me, young though the decade may be. Will almost certainly be in the running for game of the decade 7 years from now.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That DICK! posted:

i pivotal dlc scene in my script for mario 2

Someone needs to stand up to you one of these days and say “enough is enough”.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

hate it when i'm trying to sleep and this happens

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

yea ok posted:

hate it when i'm trying to sleep and this happens

lmao.

Is this star wars? If not I apologize but just made me think that no one outside of whoever drew 12 Oz Mouse has ever designed funnier looking guys than George Lucas

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I thought it was star trek to be honest.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives (2010, Palme D'or Winner, Apichatpong Weerasethakul), Duh.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

you watch the most interestingest movies.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Idea for a movie: Whiplash but JK Simmons is a Merzbow like figure mentoring a young up and coming noise artist.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Late to the party but I finished Until Dawn. It was pretty neat but the best part of it was inspiring me to rewatch Friday the 13th part II and My Bloody Valentine (1981). Last thirty minutes of both films slap so hard. GOAT horror finale nominee in part II I THINK.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shard posted:

I bought Elden ring on Xbox using Eneba and an Argentinian VPN so it only cost me €30. It’s legit the best game I’ve played in years. Maybe since Sekiro

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Anyone picking up the Blade Runner remake that’s coming out in a few days? I don’t remember much except I liked it, it was the very first PC game I ever played after I financed a Gateway in college.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Dangerous Person posted:

Play Neon White

someone told me there are red medals for going even faster and it hosed my whole day up

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Captain Magic posted:

Late to the party but I finished Until Dawn. It was pretty neat but the best part of it was inspiring me to rewatch Friday the 13th part II and My Bloody Valentine (1981). Last thirty minutes of both films slap so hard. GOAT horror finale nominee in part II I THINK.

Tagging in on this, The Quarry is a lot of fun. Definitely hits the same beats as Until Dawn - a little too closely at times - but it's like someone set a 1980s slasher in 2021, down to some of the chapter introductory music paying homage to those movies. My wife and I spent most of the time calling out the plot in an "I think I know where this is going but I'm not entirely sure" manner, and she was drat close when the late-game reveal came down. Plus Ted Raimi's loving amazing.

There are times, though, when there's so much exposition or scenes where you're not handling the characters that you're like "OK, OK, get on with it." And the aiming is really fiddly (it cost me a perfect run my first time through). But I would definitely recommend it when it goes on sale - 70 bucks is steep if you don't love horror games like my wife and I do.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

CobiWann posted:

Tagging in on this, The Quarry is a lot of fun. Definitely hits the same beats as Until Dawn - a little too closely at times - but it's like someone set a 1980s slasher in 2021, down to some of the chapter introductory music paying homage to those movies. My wife and I spent most of the time calling out the plot in an "I think I know where this is going but I'm not entirely sure" manner, and she was drat close when the late-game reveal came down. Plus Ted Raimi's loving amazing.

There are times, though, when there's so much exposition or scenes where you're not handling the characters that you're like "OK, OK, get on with it." And the aiming is really fiddly (it cost me a perfect run my first time through). But I would definitely recommend it when it goes on sale - 70 bucks is steep if you don't love horror games like my wife and I do.

Yeah my idea was definitely to play with my wife too! I didn’t even know I had Until Dawn via PS Plus until I did a search, and I thought I’d play it to see if The Quarry would be worth our time. I think I’ll get it in a sale for sure.

I called every plot development in Until Dawn way before they happened; my feeling was that was what they intended? It was wearing itself on its sleeve but in a fun way. Also every time someone said “Wendigo” I said “WHENdeGEE” like General Slauson from Ravenous b/c I’m pathological.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The only Mario I respect is Chalmers

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

The Stroker Ace posted:

Anyone picking up the Blade Runner remake that’s coming out in a few days? I don’t remember much except I liked it, it was the very first PC game I ever played after I financed a Gateway in college.

Whoa thanks for putting this on my radar, I never played the original but did catch Mandalores video on it, made it seem super cool. I'll probably end up snagging this one

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

[to bowser 64 theme] mario 2. he will get you. he even beat his father.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You wanna play with your Mario games? I had a big raims is a big taims. 'Cause Mario might be super but I'm super duper with a big tuper.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

yeah he gets the princess, but i get all the others

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I used to look up Peach’s dress in the trophy viewer on Smash Bros Melee, then one day I moved the camera revealing she had a creepy third eye under her hair and since I was still terrified of God at the time I started crying and praying for forgiveness for being a pervert lol.

Might have been Daisy actually. I was a true trophy pervert

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Ibexaz posted:

Whoa thanks for putting this on my radar, I never played the original but did catch Mandalores video on it, made it seem super cool. I'll probably end up snagging this one

They’re doing a limited physical release too. I AM NOT BUYING that ultimate edition.

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/blade-runner-enhanced-edition

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

I used to look up Peach’s dress in the trophy viewer on Smash Bros Melee, then one day I moved the camera revealing she had a creepy third eye under her hair and since I was still terrified of God at the time I started crying and praying for forgiveness for being a pervert lol.

my man saw a pussy

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

lmfao

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I got bummed that there wasn't any Avowed news at the latest gaming reveals so I'm going back to play through Pillars Of Eternity 1 + 2, mostly cause I'm also a sucker for CRPGs

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I got bummed that there wasn't any Avowed news at the latest gaming reveals so I'm going back to play through Pillars Of Eternity 1 + 2, mostly cause I'm also a sucker for CRPGs

Those games rule. And don't sleep on Tyranny

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

You should still be doing this honestly

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Shard posted:

Those games rule. And don't sleep on Tyranny

Yeah, Tyranny is great in that it's both a pretty classic CRPG while doing a bunch of things I've never seen a CRPG do. It's not perfect, has some warts, totally worth at least trying out and seeing if you like it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

daisy is the one that had eyes all over her character model. no one else did. don't know why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

oh i thought the eye was non-literal. like how the man with the golden gun didnt actually have a golden gun